Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Is there any indication when the Paradox Web Store Steam keys will go out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I know I should probably stop being amazed at people on the internet being complete assholes but I am still :psyduck: at people rabidly complaining that the free copies of CK2 Paradox is giving out with EU4 preorders don't include all the DLC. On the other hand these are the same people who preorder games and then get outraged when it goes on sale a few months later so I suppose at least they're consistent with their complaints.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Chief Savage Man posted:

Is there any indication when the Paradox Web Store Steam keys will go out?

Day before release, if I remember.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Does anybody want the copy of CK2 I got from preordering EU4? Just post your Steam info here or something (I don't have PMs, sorry :shobon:).

I would really appreciate this. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fufkin/ (is that link enough?)

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

RabidWeasel posted:

I know I should probably stop being amazed at people on the internet being complete assholes but I am still :psyduck: at people rabidly complaining that the free copies of CK2 Paradox is giving out with EU4 preorders don't include all the DLC. On the other hand these are the same people who preorder games and then get outraged when it goes on sale a few months later so I suppose at least they're consistent with their complaints.

Links? I just find it funny if people complain getting items worth 57€ (yes, i know ck2 has been on sale before) for free when buying something for 40€.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

pdxjohan posted:

Links? I just find it funny if people complain getting items worth 57€ (yes, i know ck2 has been on sale before) for free when buying something for 40€.

I'd honestly understand if this was a case like the recent Brave New World debacle where they gave copies of vanilla Civ IV to people who had preordered it, but CK2 is a fantastic game without any DLC. If this was Vicky 2, HoI3 or even EU3 without their expansions, they might have had a point.

Really, if you're playing an european leader, as I'm sure most people are, you only really need Legacy of Rome, because retinues are very powerful. Other than that, it's just optional content by anyone's definition.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

fuf posted:

I would really appreciate this. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fufkin/ (is that link enough?)

Sent a friend invite so I can gift it to you, fyi.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Sent a friend invite so I can gift it to you, fyi.

Just got the gift, thanks a lot man. :)

Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't really like EU3, decided to preorder as the UI in this looks like it will be much better. Anyone need a copy of CK?

Shadiiw
Apr 22, 2010

Agean90 posted:

Didn't really like EU3, decided to preorder as the UI in this looks like it will be much better. Anyone need a copy of CK?

I would love to have it :)

Edit: I got it, thanks alot!

Shadiiw fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 3, 2013

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I also have an extra copy if anyone would like it.

ghengilhar
Mar 21, 2013

pdxjohan posted:

Yeah it's probably the same folk who constantly moan about the new method new content is distributed. What they will fail to realize is that this game even minus all it's DLCs is 100% compatible with new patches and you can buy any DLC you want, there is no order of things. Also, IT'S FREE!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I pre-ordered my EU4 copy from Greenmangaming. How does that work? When do I get the Steam key and the pre-order bonuses?

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

On the day of release.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

gradenko_2000 posted:

I pre-ordered my EU4 copy from Greenmangaming. How does that work? When do I get the Steam key and the pre-order bonuses?

GMG normally releases the keys on the day of release but it's not as fast as buying directly from steam. You might not get your key until noon on the day of, so don't expect a key for a midnight release.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Oh dear. I preordered EU4 from Gamersgate and everything went fine until payment. I paid and got the message "problems with payment server". The order's page reads now "payment failed" and order is "pending". However the money has already been billed from my account. I paid via Moneybookers.

I already sent a mail to GG. I hope the issue gets solved and I get the game before it's released. I want to get the converter. :ohdear:

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

uPen posted:

GMG normally releases the keys on the day of release but it's not as fast as buying directly from steam. You might not get your key until noon on the day of, so don't expect a key for a midnight release.

It's probably not going to make much difference in this case, as EU4 doesn't seem like the sort of game to get a midnight release. At least going by previous Paradox titles on Steam, it'll probably hit sometime midday in the US.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Reply to a thread on the Paradox forum about whether there's any reason to NOT kill off the natives, now that there's no population stat:

dave1927 posted:

unless you want them to all feel entitled to everything after losing the wars, blocking your damned highways, kill them all.

:stare:

I'm so happy that this thread exists.

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Reply to a thread on the Paradox forum about whether there's any reason to NOT kill off the natives, now that there's no population stat:

:stare:

I'm so happy that this thread exists.

The Paradox forums can be hilarious:

quote:

Marxism requires the utter elimination of the owning class, some one fifth of the total population at the bare minimum. In many regions half the population.

When called on it:

quote:

Are you denying the genocidal nature of marxism?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Patter Song posted:

Watch Quill's videos, he dwells on the loading screens long enough that you can tell what's changed with the 1444 scenario. Mapwise, the biggest change between 1399 and 1444 is the collapse of the Golden Horde into several smaller hordes.

And the die back of the Timurids, which gives the Ottomans a lot more breathing room at the start.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Antinumeric posted:

When called on it:

quote:

Order must be achieved and maintained at all costs.

quote:

Ann Coulter is my hero, everything she says is pretty much dead-on.

quote:

Every month I see the dregs of society shopping at Sam's Club, waiting in line for alcohol after their EBT updates.

Yeah, there's a few.. gems..there.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Darkrenown posted:

Do you think Pretty Borders should be the primary driving goal of a nation's foreign policy? Yes -> Play EUIV! No -> GTFO.

MAke all borders ugly on purpose please in EU4.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

RabidWeasel posted:

The only DLC I'm disappointed it doesn't come with is the portrait packs, but then again, I am such a whore for the portrait packs that I want everybody who gets it to have them. I love them all, even the Mediterranean pack.

Also, did they say they were going to announce the next CK2 DLC this month? I could have sworn I heard that, and that it wasn't the CK2-EU4 converter, but I can't find where I read that.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Reply to a thread on the Paradox forum about whether there's any reason to NOT kill off the natives, now that there's no population

If there is natives still around when the colony becomes a city, basetax and mp is increased scaled by nativesize.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

RabidWeasel posted:

People are just loving loonies sometimes who will find reasons to complain about everything. I mean, I amused myself seeing that Deus Ex Human Revolution was on sale for 3$ during the Steam Summer sale when just under two years ago I forked out over 50$ to pre-order it, but I wasn't complaining because I liked that game quite alot. I thought the point of pre-ordering games was to get something you really want as soon as possible, not to worry about haggling about prices and bonus crap. It's pretty much common knowledge (or should be) that full price games will be much cheaper a few months after release, so unless these people are completely stupid they must like complaining for fun.

pdxjohan posted:

If there is natives still around when the colony becomes a city, basetax and mp is increased scaled by nativesize.

And this is why I always tried pretty hard not to kill natives off. I only do so when I have no choice, such as when they are crazy-aggressive and go run off to burn my colonies every 5 minutes.

Yureina fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 3, 2013

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

pdxjohan posted:

Excellent choice.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Antinumeric posted:

When called on it:
Not that I really expected my post to change his mind, but it's really hard not to start arguing with those people. Seriously, we have an actual Nazi on the forums, and he still seems less crazy than some of the bad apples on the Paradox forum. At least Emden eases you into the crazy, instead of just starting off with "Well, the [insert people] are scum anyway, and murdered everyone of my grandparents before they even had a chance to have kids!"

Beamed posted:

I support the removal of one fifth to half the users of the Paradox forum.

pdxjohan posted:

Johan lied in that stream, he loves the SA forum more than his own! :v:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I think the Paradox forums are mostly okay, its just the bad apples stick out more than the good ones. And those bad apples are really rotten.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Once we have an actual modding forum, we will have supplanted the entirety of the internet.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

pdxjohan posted:

Wait, we are getting CK2 free with our EU4 preorders? :aaaaa:

How could I not know this and still dump £40 on EU4!

I guess I can finally gift my sister it and encourage her to break away from her civ 5 addiction.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

BillBear posted:

I think the Paradox forums are mostly okay, its just the bad apples stick out more than the good ones. And those bad apples are really rotten.
Yeah, I only posted that one because it was kinda special. Overall the forums seem pretty okay, despite the nationalist fervor, even if I pity the moderators for having to deal with the idiots. Most other forums have the advantage of the moderators being idiots as well.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Not that I really expected my post to change his mind, but it's really hard not to start arguing with those people. Seriously, we have an actual Nazi on the forums, and he still seems less crazy than some of the bad apples on the Paradox forum. At least Emden eases you into the crazy, instead of just starting off with "Well, the [insert people] are scum anyway, and murdered everyone of my grandparents before they even had a chance to have kids!"

I support the removal of one fifth to half the users of the Paradox forum.

Johan lied in that stream, he loves the SA forum more than his own! :v:

No. On my forum i can ban anyone at will :)

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Beamed posted:

Man, I wish I could get beer with my SNAP benefits.

pdxjohan posted:

Is EU4 going to model the "you didn't think these few thousand were the only natives, did you?" interaction Wiz made for EU3+?

pdxjohan posted:

No. On my forum i can ban anyone at will :)
Good man.

Dj Vulvio
Mar 1, 2007

Good morning Mrs. Bates

A Tartan Tory posted:

Wait, we are getting CK2 free with our EU4 preorders? :aaaaa:

How could I not know this and still dump £40 on EU4!

I guess I can finally gift my sister it and encourage her to break away from her civ 5 addiction.

Came to post this but... it's so boring :smith:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
In CK1 how usual is it to have one dynasty owning like, 2/5ths to 1/2 of Europe? Playing at Hauteville from Apulia, I've married my guys off everywhere and have started to notice a Hautville sits atop France, Scotland, Egypt, Sicily/Italy/Africa/Beni Halal, a few counties and duchies in the HRE, Croatia and Serbia. Bit..uh weird right?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

tbp posted:

In CK1 how usual is it to have one dynasty owning like, 2/5ths to 1/2 of Europe? Playing at Hauteville from Apulia, I've married my guys off everywhere and have started to notice a Hautville sits atop France, Scotland, Egypt, Sicily/Italy/Africa/Beni Halal, a few counties and duchies in the HRE, Croatia and Serbia. Bit..uh weird right?

Why would it be weird for the genetically superior d'Hautevilles to rule all of Europe? It's really just a fluke that they didn't in real life, frankly.

For further analysis of the inherent superiority of the d'Hauteville bloodline, feel free to read my ongoing series on the subject here.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Viscardus posted:

Why would it be weird for the genetically superior d'Hautevilles to rule all of Europe? It's really just a fluke that they didn't in real life, frankly.

For further analysis of the inherent superiority of the d'Hauteville bloodline, feel free to read my ongoing series on the subject here.

A reminder that the guy in Viscardus' avatar is Robert Guiscard d'Hauteville and that Viscardus is the Latin spelling of Guiscard, so it's probably fair to say that he's a fan of Norman Sicily.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Patter Song posted:

A reminder that the guy in Viscardus' avatar is Robert Guiscard d'Hauteville and that Viscardus is the Latin spelling of Guiscard, so it's probably fair to say that he's a fan of Norman Sicily.

I don't think that's sufficient evidence to conclude a bias, to be honest I feel that Viscardus is just trying to further educate us on the clearly superior society of the Norman Sicilians.

On another note, some dudes on the Paradox forums are really pissed that people are confused over the Converter thing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The paradox forums are filled with europeans who live in countries on the wrong side of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Baloogan posted:

The paradox forums are filled with europeans who live in countries on the wrong side of history.

You say that now but just you wait until Great Old Bulgaria takes its rightful place as the First Among Nations :steppewolfe:

• Locked thread