Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Silly Hippie posted:

The question is, is that actually his mom or does he have a fake account for her and is in fact roleplaying his "mother"?

And is his mom, in fact, another anime body pillow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

dijon du jour posted:

And is his mom, in fact, another anime body pillow?

It's body pillows all the way down!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:rolleyes:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Ah yes, that peer reviewed study from the Outtamyass Statistical Research Institute.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Top post translation: Help I'm so lonely. Why don't women like me?

Bottom post translation: Mom took away my xbox again.

Also, how dare women have control over their own bodies. So selfish.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, until men go through pregnancy and childbirth, it's totally reasonable to leave women in charge of their reproductive decisions.

Guilty confession: I've been using the term "white people food" for years. Usually when I cook a Thai, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, or some other "ethnic" dish. I claim it's better than white people food, which in my mind consists of a slab of chicken or beef, some potatoes, and something like green beans, peas, or carrots. That really is the standard dish I grew up with and it got super boring.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Guilty confession: I've been using the term "white people food" for years. Usually when I cook a Thai, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, or some other "ethnic" dish. I claim it's better than white people food, which in my mind consists of a slab of chicken or beef, some potatoes, and something like green beans, peas, or carrots. That really is the standard dish I grew up with and it got super boring.
Same here. I also tend to think of most bland fast food as it, too. Like, a burger and fries or a chicken patty is, in my mind, white people food. I have no idea why.

Whatever happened to that glorious firefighting aspirant? I miss him, he was good as a palate cleanser between racists and MRAs and shitheads :smith:

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I always thought tuna sandwiches with copious amounts of mayo was the whitest food possible. At least that's what everyone at my upper middle class Orange County elementary school ate.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
White people food is basically anything that comes out of a box or can.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I always considered white people food as anything that is naturally accompanied by ketchup.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There are white people versions of ethnic food too. Once on a work lunch at a Chinese place I complained that the dish I ordered was a completely bland nonentity. My Chinese coworker, whose family owned a restaurant of their own, said "Yeah, that's pretty much how we make that too. White people can't tell the difference."

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
White people food is Lutefisk. Full stop.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

White people food:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

This is the culinary equivalent of the Holocaust.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Are those olives inside of the gelatin? What the gently caress am I looking at?

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

gatz posted:

You're looking at the 50s on a plate.

Edit: and yes that is salad in there, vegetable-filled gelatin dishes were kind of A Thing.

Edit 2: Take a look at the gallery of regrettable food.

vaguely has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Aug 3, 2013

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

gatz posted:

It's an aspic. Jello before jello. Made of meat (just like jello), except it tastes like meat. Broth specifically. Used to be a huge part of french and british cuisine, and still shows up in modern cooking, though usually as a tomato flavored thing.

That one might just be lime jello salad though. The late 50s through the early 70s was heavy with people freaking out over weird food innovations. Like in the 50s when they first got their hands on cheap pineapple and everyone lost their goddamn minds and made pineapple upside-down fish and so on.

I collect cookbooks from the era and love this sort of poo poo. I have a recipe for what's politely called "Spaghetti Mousse and Creamed Ham".

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
Keep in mind that gelatin dishes were originally meat/vegetable based.

That doesn't really make it any less gross.

Adding to white people food: Vienna sausages, Spam. Although Spam is a BIG DEAL in Hawaii and I've had Spam fried rice and something that was basically sushi but with Spam instead of fish there and they weren't terrible.

In other news:

she posts like ten of these statuses a week. A. Why are you always sick and B. Why do you think the internet wants to know about your constant UTIs?

Silly Hippie has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Aug 3, 2013

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...I don't want to know what a UTI is, do I?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Regalingualius posted:

...I don't want to know what a UTI is, do I?

Urinary Tract Infection. It's usually not even related to sexual activity. Just . . . not washing.

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Pink is a conservative, but generally chill, coworker, yellow is a friend of hers, blue is me and purple is a mutual friend.

WoW

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can't possibly read through all that because I know it will be quite depressing, but I'm comforted by the fact it ends with a voice of reason. :unsmith:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
If you truly believe people on welfare are human garbage, even then, what would be gained by removing their support system? They'd then have three options, get a job (with no education, a drug addiction, in a country with huge structural unemployment, terrible minimum wage laws and so on), die in the gutter or turn to a life of crime. In the latter case, which would be the most common outcome, you are inflicting a HUGE cost on society, in terms of police, the justice system, the results of crimes themselves, prison and so on. Even from a completely unfeeling sociopathic point of view where you don't give a poo poo about human suffering, welfare is rational because it protects society at large from the effects of having a group of people who cannot feed themselves without stealing your wallet or holding up convenience stores.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

I like how they even acknowledge what an rear end in a top hat they're being by saying "I'm not a COMPLETE rear end in a top hat, the sick and elderly need assistance for sure"

A+

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Met posted:

I can't possibly read through all that because I know it will be quite depressing, but I'm comforted by the fact it ends with a voice of reason. :unsmith:

Erm... not really.

Facebook is magic. :allears:

Edit: He just told me to 'go save some loving trees or something'.

Edit v2: This just keeps on keeping on....

Effexxor has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Aug 3, 2013

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Whenever I hear the words "I know lots of people on welfare!" I instantly tune them out. He also just called my fiance a lazy single mother tweaker because she was on food stamps when I met her because her. :allears:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ratbert90 posted:

Whenever I hear the words "I know lots of people on welfare!" I instantly tune them out. He also just called my fiance a lazy single mother tweaker because she was on food stamps when I met her because her. :allears:

I had a very similar conversation with the receptionist I used to work with. She used to post all this poo poo about how awesome her marriage is and how great her kids are. Goes dark for a bit then comes backup with all this WELFARE PEOPLE SHOULD BE DRUG TESTED. I post similar arguments to above, she says she gets drug tested for her job.

I post "Sorry about your lovely job" along with some legislation saying that she only needs to be drug tested if her being intoxicated or under the influence is a danger to others. I got unfriended instantly and apparently friends have told me now there is like twice the amount of bullshit being posted on her wall. One of those IM A MOM AND IM RIGHT.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I can't remember the name, but didn't some state actually institute a drug test for food stamp recipients and it ended up wasting the state a ton of money and only like 2% of the people who were tested were actually on drugs?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Florida, if I recall right.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I can't remember the name, but didn't some state actually institute a drug test for food stamp recipients and it ended up wasting the state a ton of money and only like 2% of the people who were tested were actually on drugs?

Flordia; also Rick Scott got massive kickbacks because his wife owns the drug testing facilities. :allears:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/gov-rick-scott-solantic-and-conflict-of-interest-whats-the-deal/1161158

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Yep, and shockingly enough, it was Florida. It was a massive failure and was massively expensive. The amusing thing is that whenever I point this out to my more conservative coworkers who will rage over the waste of money spent on public assistance, I've actually been told that we should be spending money on the drug tests, because 'it's the principle of the thing'.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Effexxor posted:

Yep, and shockingly enough, it was Florida. It was a massive failure and was massively expensive. The amusing thing is that whenever I point this out to my more conservative coworkers who will rage over the waste of money spent on public assistance, I've actually been told that we should be spending money on the drug tests, because 'it's the principle of the thing'.

That and there is the misconception that drug testing costs "pennies" to implement.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Effexxor posted:

When I pointed this out to my former boss and explained that it accomplishes very little and serves only to waste tax money and treat poor people like criminals, he called me anti-American.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yup, it was drug tests for welfare. They would reimburse you if you passed the drug test and only 2.6% or some minuscule number failed the test and the state ended up paying twice the amount it would have spent paying benefits to the 2.6% that failed, which the majority failed because they tested positive for marijuana. But anything to gently caress over people you hate I guess.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bertrand Hustle posted:

When I pointed this out to my former boss and explained that it accomplishes very little and serves only to waste tax money and treat poor people like criminals, he called me anti-American.

Well let's see if he was justified in calling you Anti-American shall we?

You want to treat poor people like humans? Check.
Don't want to waste tax money in ways that treat poor people poorly? Check.
Probably want health care for poor people? Check.

Yep! Anti American to me!

edit* And Arian Jesus would disapprove of how you want to treat poor people!

Effexxor
May 26, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What a monster. How dare you try to be rational.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Whiteycar posted:

I had a very similar conversation with the receptionist I used to work with. She used to post all this poo poo about how awesome her marriage is and how great her kids are. Goes dark for a bit then comes backup with all this WELFARE PEOPLE SHOULD BE DRUG TESTED. I post similar arguments to above, she says she gets drug tested for her job.

I post "Sorry about your lovely job" along with some legislation saying that she only needs to be drug tested if her being intoxicated or under the influence is a danger to others. I got unfriended instantly and apparently friends have told me now there is like twice the amount of bullshit being posted on her wall. One of those IM A MOM AND IM RIGHT.

I did my first couple years of school at a community college. Without fail, there would always be One Of Them in every class. An older student, "going back to school".
They would always begin sentences with "Well, as a mother [THINGS THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT]"
Yes, everyone in this intro to anthropology class would like to hear about how your experience raising a kid gives you special insight into food reciprocity within band societies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Ask him what is he going to do about it. Or call him a terrorist or something because it's basically just school yard name calling these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'm so glad Florida served as the guinea pig for that ridiculous talking point. It's really easy to shut down that line of discussion once you link that study because it cripples their "official" reasoning that it's all about saving money. From there, the only options they have are repeating made-up numbers based on their "experience" in the face of real facts and/or going into full-on sociopath mode as seen above. The reasonable ones just don't respond again.

• Locked thread