Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

thespaceinvader posted:

Pretty much that, yeah. They rocketed through the first 16k orders in about a month when they started shipping in earnest, then they got to the last 2000 and just went silent and slow. Now, I'm sure there's a rational explanation, but at the moment, it really feels like 'gently caress all the Brits, they won't complain, we'll leave them til last'.

Not that it'll make you feel better, but me and my 4 local friends in Oxford all got our boxes at the start of last week. I don't think they're leaving UK til last, more that you got unlucky. Hope you get yours soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Honestly, I might do - but for convenience, as long as that FLGS keeps stocking citadel paints, I'll probably just keep buying those. I can run out of something, and get it replaced with basically no lead time, with no shipping costs, and start using it straight away.

I'm just a bit frothy about it now, purely because I know that even when my order ships, I've got to wait for it to arrive, then pay for it again, and only THEN will it be delivered. It's irksome. But the lack of communication more than anything bothers me. I'd be a lot happier if they posted a daily 'sorry, we're working on it, X is wrong with the international shipping, please be patient' on facebook, than what they're doing now, which is either making me worry in silence, or bother them by email, neither of which is helpful. It would take one person 5 minutes to post on facebook every day or two. As it is it must take them several times as long to answer all the concerned/angry emails. It's a breakdown in what has otherwise been pretty stellar customer service throughout.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Pierzak posted:

What I meant is that's a huge order for me and also a verification of what I've heard about Reaper (which was good things). Now I have both others' opinions and my actual experience and they are very different. They could show me they're awesome, but they've made me wary.

Similar position for me. Reaper minis and paints aren't very common in the UK. In fact two friends who manage game stores made personal orders to see if they wanted to try and get them from their distributor. The terrible difference between US and UK/ROW says to me that either they totally screwed up their logistics (no plan for internationals other than asking the local post office to pop round), or they just didn't care about it to give it the same attention and effort as the US.

As a result, I think they've missed out on a great opportunity to expand their market in the UK/RoW.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Mmm, that too. I'd only vaguely heard of Reaper before I came here, and before Bones was sort of vaguely considering buying some things from them. Then when Bones hit, I did. But now that it's hit, and gone far beyond their deadlines on several occasions for it being delivered, I'm back to 'probably not' again.

Rollercoaster rider.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

So I have a quick question about the size of the Bones Rats. How big are they? Do they fit comfortably on a 20mm base, or are they more like 25mm bases in line with the rest of reaper's stuff?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Someont painted a bunch of those in the oath thread lately. They should fit on a 20mm or several to a large swarm base.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

So I have a quick question about the size of the Bones Rats. How big are they? Do they fit comfortably on a 20mm base, or are they more like 25mm bases in line with the rest of reaper's stuff?

The rat bases are a hair over 1/2", so maybe 13mm. You can almost fit four on a 25mm base.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

thespaceinvader posted:

Mmm, that too. I'd only vaguely heard of Reaper before I came here, and before Bones was sort of vaguely considering buying some things from them. Then when Bones hit, I did. But now that it's hit, and gone far beyond their deadlines on several occasions for it being delivered, I'm back to 'probably not' again.

Rollercoaster rider.

I'm in the same boat. It's easy for a lot of the US regular customers (who also happened to receive their stuff in June) to say that they have done business with Reaper before, and that they are swell guys who always pull through. But for me (like many ROW backers), this is my first experience of Reaper, and it is an experience that have seen both a lot of gently caress-ups that Reaper is probably not to blame for, and a lot of gently caress-ups that Reaper probably is to blame for. And at every point possible, ROW backers have been pushed further back into the queue, in favour of US backers, be them private or retailer customers.

First, we lost "every third day is ROW packing day". Then, we were told "ok, at least once per week is ROW packing day", which lasted for an entire week before ROW orders were shut down again. Then we were assured that while our orders were going to be packed last, they wouldn't touch the undertaker level before every ordinary order was shipped. Now, most undertaker level backers have had their stuff for a week or more, and I would be very surprised if the normal retailer are not going to get their bones before the ROW orders are shipped. I was not surprised that it would be a lot faster for me to buy the stuff that US backers put up on e-bay, but now I'd be better off if I had put my order from a normal hobby store!

So, previous repeat customers might think that this is not such a big deal, especially if they are in the US (or got lucky) and already have their stuff. But now I'm seeing reports of ROW backers with both fewer and more lines than me receiving their stuff this week, so I guess they have made a third switch of how to pack ROW orders this week, or they are just pulling them out of a hat. It is surprisingly frustrating to see.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 3, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Indeed.. I was thinking about this the other day, and it struck me what bothers me most: I could have bought my entire order second hand from Capt. Invictus, and had it by now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You still can, actually. I've got a table full of this poo poo sitting here. I've even dropped the price of the complete package(all the minis, paints, and case) to $750.

I also need to ship out a Vampire Pledge with C'Thulhu to Mustache Ride, gonna include something extra in that for him for him being a cool dude and letting me deal with some issues before I could get it out to him.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Somehow, I thought you might say that. but I've already dropped the cash with Reaper. In hindsight, I'm starting to wish I hadn't.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Found on Reaper's forum, sent to one of the international backers:

quote:

We are still processing International Vampire level pledges and we are hoping to have them processed by the 2nd/3rd full week of August.

Delayed again, with no update of course... :(

...wait a moment...

...WHICH AUGUST? :argh:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Pierzak posted:

Found on Reaper's forum, sent to one of the international backers:

Delayed again, with no update of course... :(

...wait a moment...

...WHICH AUGUST? :argh:

The kicker (*drumroll*) is that this is a standard answer that all ROW backers who email Reaper gets, just that they tack on another week to the date now and then. But given the few numbers they reported for ROW shippers, there's no way they'll keep the latest estimate either.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yeah, it's like "our final and unchangeable deadline is 'three weeks from now' " :doh:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I wonder if I could maybe recruit some kindly Texan to... walk to their factory and pick up my order, and UPS it to me. Or, you know, row it to me, it would probably get here quicker.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

Yesssss, I'm being boned.

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Demons x1
Red Dragon x1
C'thulhu x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
There Be Dragons x1
Mind your Manors x1
vampire x1

Original order was for the UK, but I have since moved to Singapore.

Bones arrived - 3 weeks, not too bad.
I don't know why but I assumed the material was a lot more rigid, it's virtually identical to the stuff they make the D&D minis out of, which is great as that stuff is indestructable!
Cthulhu is loving massive, all the multi part models fit together well but the giant skeleton's amrm with the massive hammer is a bit floppy. Impressed with the level of details - wish I had gone in on some more addons.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can boil and quench models to improve stiffness, much like the blacksmith who raises the blade to a glowing red heat before quenching it in the new-driven snow.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Except with a tiny plastic owlbear.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I seriously have to wonder what is going on with these ROW orders at the end. Reaper, very long-established good-guys company, runs what is probably still the gold standard for kickstarter management almost three-quarters of a year later, ships out most of the stuff at a pace that is pretty amazing given the sheer ungodly scale of the undertaking, and then... falls down just when they're almost done :psyduck:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

evenworse username posted:

Except with a tiny plastic owlbear.

So basically exactly the same.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

You can boil and quench models to improve stiffness, much like the blacksmith who raises the blade to a glowing red heat before quenching it in the new-driven snow.

...That tears it. When I mass-boil my minis, I'm listening to Basil Poledouris' Conan soundtracks.

Anyone else notice any unsightly residue on their models? A couple of mine had some sort of crusty, light sepia stains on them when they first arrived. I didn't bother washing them at the time, thinking I'd do that prior to painting; but a few weeks later the stains have darkened to the point that they look like this:

Should I be concerned, like contact-Reaper-support concerned, or just attack these guys with Simple Green and a toothbrush?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I used dish soap, water, and a toothbrush, and my minis are all as white as the driven snow. Lots of rinsing after, though, to be sure I got all the soap off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Gargunza posted:

...That tears it. When I mass-boil my minis, I'm listening to Basil Poledouris' Conan soundtracks.

Anyone else notice any unsightly residue on their models? A couple of mine had some sort of crusty, light sepia stains on them when they first arrived. I didn't bother washing them at the time, thinking I'd do that prior to painting; but a few weeks later the stains have darkened to the point that they look like this:

Should I be concerned, like contact-Reaper-support concerned, or just attack these guys with Simple Green and a toothbrush?

It might be mold release, in which case it should wash off. Or the plastic might somehow be scorched, in which case I'd expect to see melting or something. Or maybe they got dropped on the factory floor and it's just generic schmutz.

I'd give them a wash & scrub with soap and warm water and if that don't fix it, contact Reaper.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Dr. Gargunza posted:

My batch had a few like that and it looked like contaminants in the plastic itself. I just painted over it.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I seriously have to wonder what is going on with these ROW orders at the end. Reaper, very long-established good-guys company, runs what is probably still the gold standard for kickstarter management almost three-quarters of a year later, ships out most of the stuff at a pace that is pretty amazing given the sheer ungodly scale of the undertaking, and then... falls down just when they're almost done :psyduck:

Since we now no longer get proper updates, we don't even know how many orders are left. 1500? 150? At least mine is once of them, and not a peep from Reaper.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

lilljonas posted:

Since we now no longer get proper updates, we don't even know how many orders are left. 1500? 150? At least mine is once of them, and not a peep from Reaper.

You'll get your minis shipped within three weeks. This is a final and immovable date :v:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Pierzak posted:

You'll get your minis shipped within three weeks. This is a final and immovable date :v:

Speaking of which, yesterday they changed the "first ro second week of august" reply to "definitely before the end of the month". The last scheduled day for delivery is jumping back two weeks every week now! Yay!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Mine finally shipped yesterday. I'm still pretty pissed, because I know customs will be a holdup.

But it gives me time to finish this month's oath, ready to start on the reaper things :v:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

thespaceinvader posted:

Mine finally shipped yesterday. I'm still pretty pissed, because I know customs will be a holdup.

But it gives me time to finish this month's oath, ready to start on the reaper things :v:

Good for you (edit: not sarcastic, I'm glad as I know you've been irritated about the delays)

Mine still hasn't, despite reading about people with less/more/the same number of lines having been shipped. I think they're just rolling some dice and picking at random at this point.

PST fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 7, 2013

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm not sure that there's any logic left. Though, I did send a lovely email the day before to them, so maybe that works?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
So finally was able to pay my customs charge and they just showed up. I pick a bag to open and it's very wrong. Forces Of Nature, only have one of the two models and the one I do have has 2 right arms. Good start. :sigh:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

For what it's worth, ALL of my mistakes were in like one or two bags. The rest was 100% spot on.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Well I've finished checking everything. My mistakes are:

* Forces of Nature with two right arms.
* Missing Medusa.
* Missing Malek.
* Dain Deepaxe is missing his shield arm.

Am I lucky or unlucky?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

Am I lucky or unlucky?

It is what you make of it! :v:

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

I think you should paint that.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Baby Sathanas posted:

Well I've finished checking everything. My mistakes are:

* Forces of Nature with two right arms.
* Missing Medusa.
* Missing Malek.
* Dain Deepaxe is missing his shield arm.

Am I lucky or unlucky?

About average. I had no miscasts but was missing like 4 models.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

I think you should paint that.

If they send me an entire replacement instead of just the head? You bet your rear end I will.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
If they do send you just just the head, you should mount the hand on its own base. I can think of some good applications for an eldritch fist bursting from the ground.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hand-swap with an orc. :haw:

e: Alternately, it'd make a pretty decent Bigby's <whatever> mounted on a floater base.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Reaper posted:

Please keep in mind that a Kickstarter project is not a purchase, it's a donation that will eventually result in a rewards for your donation, but technically doesn't have to return you a thing.

Reaper continuing to treat their rest of the world backers like poo poo.

• Locked thread