Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gils posted:

Today I was looking at some articles tagged 'music'.

Obama's Embarrassing Ska Album Resurfaces

The dropped the ball for not using Barack "O-Ska-ma"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

The Onion is still in print for free in a lot of places - I can get it every day in Chicago.

They yanked Austin a couple of weeks ago. I used to have a stand in the lobby of my building.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

rear end in a top hat Awarded For rear end in a top hat Behavior By Business Community Leaders

The Onion posted:

The black-tie ceremony, an annual custom within the local rear end in a top hat community, was reportedly attended by over 1,000 prominent dicks, some 350 festering mounds of human waste, and 75 unbearable brownnosers, many of whom lauded Thorton for his deep and lasting influence in the field of being a selfish, amoral sack of poo poo.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

CatchrNdRy posted:

What are some good classic examples to get an English friend into The Onion? I don't think the Royal Wedding stuff will work, a little too over the top.

"Our long nightmare of peace and national prosperity is finally over" has got to be in the classics reel.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Frustrated Novelist No Good At Describing Hands

Story of my life. :smith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

CatchrNdRy posted:

What are some good classic examples to get an English friend into The Onion? I don't think the Royal Wedding stuff will work, a little too over the top.
If this friend of yours amasses a measure of national fame and does a fairly high profile dumb thing, there is a chance the Onion will report on him.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

CatchrNdRy posted:

Rubber Band Needed

Fire Hot (Audio clip)

Shirtless Biden Washes Trans-Am

and as mentioned,

Our Long National Nightmare

They also like to sell their best ones as framed prints.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The entire book "The Onion: Our Dumb Century" is great. The Atlas "The Onion: Our Dumb World" is even better.

If you can get your hands on either of them, let your friend take a look.

Vaginapocalypse
Mar 15, 2013

:qq: B-but it's so hard being white! Waaaaaagh! :qq:
Stoner Uncle All The Kid's Favorite

Warning: high levels of :3:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Our Dumb World is no poo poo one of the funniest books I've ever read. You can't find a book with a higher density of jokes per page.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't think it's available on their website anymore, but HOLY poo poo, MAN WALKS ON loving MOON remains my favorite Onion article ever.

The final line about Uncle Steve is awesome too :3:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah this is my new favorite article.

Also Onion Book Talk: Everyone get The Onion Book of Known Knowledge

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I have been reminded of my favorite Onion video because of a related subject in AusPol. "New Live Poll Lets Pundits Pander to Viewers In Real Time". There's just so much brilliance in their depiction of The Worm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFpK_r-jEXg

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Thanks all I'll let ya know how its received, whether I'm hailed for my wit or just peddling more colonial trash.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
'The Onion' Salutes Our Friend Mahmoud Ahmadinejad On A Job Well Done

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Repellent 9-Year-Old Crushed At Suspension Of Favorite Baseball Player A-Rod

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Dolphin Spends Amazing Vacation Swimming With Stockbroker

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Hahaha, that's WRC rally driver Jari Matti Latvalla.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

lord funk posted:

Hahaha, that's WRC rally driver Jari Matti Latvalla.

Uh, pretty sure that's just a dolphin, dude.

edit: Sorry, you meant the human.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Taylor Swift is on the prowl again: Taylor Swift Now In Long-Distance Relationship With Curiosity Rover

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Iowa State Fair Guards Told To Shoot Non–Iowa Residents On Sight

DES MOINES, IA—Cautioning that non-residents should stay at least 500 feet away from the fairgrounds at all times to ensure their safety, Iowa state police announced Monday that they have ordered law enforcement officials at the upcoming Iowa State Fair in Des Moines to shoot all out-of-state visitors on sight.

- - - -

Those are OUR Air Supply concerts and cheesecake-onna-stick.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

I'm sure I've seen this one before, but this is hall-of-fame poo poo here. I particularly love the line: "And he's the only one who is even remotely competitive with the kids at PlayStation 2."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jet Jaguar posted:

Iowa State Fair Guards Told To Shoot Non–Iowa Residents On Sight

DES MOINES, IA—Cautioning that non-residents should stay at least 500 feet away from the fairgrounds at all times to ensure their safety, Iowa state police announced Monday that they have ordered law enforcement officials at the upcoming Iowa State Fair in Des Moines to shoot all out-of-state visitors on sight.

- - - -

Those are OUR Air Supply concerts and cheesecake-onna-stick.

I love Onion Iowa and Indiana.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

quote:

Taylor has visited Mars every chance she’s gotten, but she’s not crazy about the temperature, and would prefer it if Curiosity moved to L.A. at some point down the road. Still, she’s definitely in love and she would move to the Red Planet in a heartbeat if Curiosity asked her.”

Not surprised she's concerned about the tempature; it's no place to raise a kid.

Vaginapocalypse
Mar 15, 2013

:qq: B-but it's so hard being white! Waaaaaagh! :qq:

MD2020 posted:

Not surprised she's concerned about the tempature; it's no place to raise a kid.

In fact, it's cold as hell.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
And there's no one there to raise them, if they did.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
45,589,321 Healthy Kale Recipes To Try This Summer

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
:nms:"Suri hungers. Meat fresh. We feast now?":nms:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Echo Chamber posted:

The entire book "The Onion: Our Dumb Century" is great. The Atlas "The Onion: Our Dumb World" is even better.

If you can get your hands on either of them, let your friend take a look.

My two favorite bits from "Our Dumb Century" were "German Jews concerned about Hilter's 'Kill All Jews' Program" and a photo of FDR with the caption mentioning that he was aboard "Wheelchair One".

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

There's nothing about this video I don't like. Derived from Idiocracy? Sure, but it's still perfect IMO.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My all time favorite "dark" onion article

http://www.theonion.com/articles/daddy-put-in-byebye-box,2411/

cobalt2009
Dec 31, 2008

Oh my god. The ballet recital thing got me HARD.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That could use some punctuation, I hope.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Why did you have to link that? I always forget how drat sad it is and jesus christ I'm gonna call my dad now

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

zakharov posted:

Why did you have to link that? I always forget how drat sad it is and jesus christ I'm gonna call my dad now

You really should. http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-will-die-someday-and-it-will-be-sad-all-man-th,28812/

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Shia LaBeouf Shimmies Out Of Third-Floor Window At School For Wayward Boys is just funny to me for some reason. So is Disney’s ‘Toy Tales’ Hits Theaters Friday for more obvious reasons.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Black part of town moves across town:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvbjA29Jo_c

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
http://www.theonion.com/articles/truther-jihadist-wishes-alqaeda-had-committed-911,33421/

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Speaking of dads!

Negligent Father Isn't Building a Castle to Protect Family From Apocalypse.

I guess it's a tie-in to some reality show on National Geographic I've never heard of and won't watch because I don't have that channel, but it's still pretty good. The ending, as always, is a nice kicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
They made an article about my mom.