Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Man, did nobody look at the next page on the link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

That certainly expands upon it without actually giving any sort of additional information. :psyduck:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Reading spectacles and sunglasses look weird.

Apotheosis posted:

He looks like Willem Dafoe. :psyduck:

gently caress, I'd love to see that. I mean, it'd be like his Green Goblin but you could see his face, and not necessarily in a movie thst kind of sucks, so better.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

If that's supposed to be Harley, I don't think I'll ever stop laughing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Random Stranger posted:

That's not Kirby's original idea. He didn't start talking about that until the 1970's. In the 60's stories which Kirby drew and was involved in plotting, Doom's face is definitely hideously scarred.

Here's an example of that, demonstrating Dr. Don Blake's excellent bedside manner:

Blake specifically mentions medical science. Maybe there's a solution to be found in... I dunno, agricultural science? Geology? Astrophysics?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

Blake specifically mentions medical science. Maybe there's a solution to be found in... I dunno, agricultural science? Geology? Astrophysics?

Wouldn't it become medical science once it was used to fix a dude's face?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Well look at you, smart man, with your book learnin'.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

WickedHate posted:

Wouldn't it become medical science once it was used to fix a dude's face?

The first tenet of medicine is "do no harm". There's a lot you can do to a dude's face that doesn't fall under that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Guys I'm starting to think cutting your own face off isn't a good idea.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

So I think what you guys are saying is, next DC/Marvel crossover the Joker needs to give Dr. Doom his face?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
As if Doom would ever want the face of a lesser being.

But the Joker needs to offer.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Dan Didio posted:

No, he still has it.

It totally makes sense that the Joker would be a big Tennessee Williams fan. And that's where the sense ends.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

"Planes? How pedestrian."

Wait, why is Doom's tunic plaid? Has it always been that way? Or does he change it up sometimes?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Flesh Forge posted:

Whew! I'm glad that didn't end with Joker tossing photos of the now paralyzed money at the other zoo animals.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ibntumart posted:

Wait, why is Doom's tunic plaid? Has it always been that way? Or does he change it up sometimes?

You DARE question the fashion sense of DOOM??

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mimir posted:

He's totally going to catch some awful disease from those open face wounds. There are maggots there, for pete's sake.

Maggots actually only eat dead flesh, and would help to prevent any harm coming from such flesh remaining on his face :science:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dan Didio posted:

No, he still has it.

Of all the villains, I never thought I'd see Joker doing a face turn.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gavok posted:

Boo! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's just until his next face off with Batman.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I could totally see Nic Cage as the Joker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

goatface posted:

I could totally see Nic Cage as the Joker.

You mean you can see the Joker as Nic Cage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-6qSGAIyk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

You've gone too far this time Gavok.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Gavok posted:

Somebody somewhere will now make a new custom wrestler in WWE '13, and it will be wonderful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Maggots actually only eat dead flesh, and would help to prevent any harm coming from such flesh remaining on his face :science:

Well, technically, the whole thing's dead flesh since it's hanging off his face, ain't it?

Anyway, back on topic with funny things, here's a flashback to Barry Allen's first time meeting Hal Jordan.

The Flash Annual #2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deadpool (V3, #15)

I love the idea of Thanos as a pop-collared douche scoring the popular girl. :allears:

There was an earlier Deadpool issue where Thanos shows up at Death's "house" with flowers and chocolates and she doesn't answer his calls (she's on earth looking in on Deadpool who is dying of cancer) and he mumbles,"Maybe she's washing her hair....?" - anybody have that image by any chance?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

There was an earlier Deadpool issue where Thanos shows up at Death's "house" with flowers and chocolates and she doesn't answer his calls (she's on earth looking in on Deadpool who is dying of cancer) and he mumbles,"Maybe she's washing her hair....?" - anybody have that image by any chance?

From Deadpool 33, I believe:

Bonus Deadpool-Uatu action! (Deadpool Team-Up #884)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's the one, thank you so much - especially for the Uatu bonus :)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

TwoPair posted:

Well, technically, the whole thing's dead flesh since it's hanging off his face, ain't it?

Anyway, back on topic with funny things, here's a flashback to Barry Allen's first time meeting Hal Jordan.

The Flash Annual #2

http://www.theonion.com/video/green-lantern-to-fulfill-americas-wish-to-see-lant,20741/

socalled
Sep 2, 2011

Yes, but you'll never get it.

Thunderbolts #9

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just saw this on imgur. It's from something called Hoax Hunters. I've never heard of it, but it looks good.
http://imgur.com/a/6zfL0?gallery

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The snorting at the end is what sells it.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Say Nothing posted:

I just saw this on imgur. It's from something called Hoax Hunters. I've never heard of it, but it looks good.
http://imgur.com/a/6zfL0?gallery

Hoax Hunters is pretty fun, they're essentially a secret team investigating and dealing with urban legends, monsters etc. but they hide the real results by dressing it up as a reality tv show and offering reasonable explanations, like swamp gas.

Issue 9 they investigated a haunted house and split the issue in half, first was the broadcast show and then the second half was what really happened.

So.

Becomes

And

Was the edited version of

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Good luck getting her to sign the release after that sort of treatment!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Good luck getting her to sign the release after that sort of treatment!

I think if you put her in one of those Ghostbuster style Ghost-traps, she'll willing sign anything you want.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

Archer and Armstrong #11

Why is Douglas Macarthur yelling while aliens stand in the background?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Why is Douglas Macarthur yelling while aliens stand in the background?
That's General Redacted and those are future humans, actually. He thinks Archer is one of the sages who are opposing him.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Archer and Armstrong fills an Incredible Hercules-shaped hole in my heart. General Redacted is just the latest in a long line of wonderful things: The One Percent (a cult of Mammon worshippers), the Null (apocalypse cultists who do everything important at 3 o'clock), Hitler look-alike Llama priests, it's just great.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Source unknown, my guess would be from one of the many science pages in a comic along the lines of Strange Adventures or Tales of the Unexpected

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

GorfZaplen posted:

Source unknown, my guess would be from one of the many science pages in a comic along the lines of Strange Adventures or Tales of the Unexpected

That panel is from Dell Comic's Dell Giant #27, entitled "Walt Disney's Man In Space." You can enjoy more of its devastatingly accurate predictions here.

Edit: Such as this inevitable future successor to kids going to Disneyland, kids going to Venus to hunt dinosaurs with bazookas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ibntumart posted:

That panel is from Dell Comic's Dell Giant #27, entitled "Walt Disney's Man In Space." You can enjoy more of its devastatingly accurate predictions here.

Edit: Such as this inevitable future successor to kids going to Disneyland, kids going to Venus to hunt dinosaurs with bazookas:

These are delightful. :allears:

• Locked thread