Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It looks really good and I think somebody posted like the super alpha where it was just the truck colliding into the 80s Japanese econohatchback.

The only thing that seems immediately off is the lack of the cabin deforming in most of these crashes. I would expect the roof to ripple and the cabin to be compromised, but IANAP (I am not a Physicist).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
It turns out the fancy car I barely got a glimpse of on the freeway yesterday while passing it in the back seat of my mom's CR-V was not a customized Porsche 928 or something like I'd thought from the pop-up headlamps.

Someone in the South Bay Area is insane enough to take their Miura P400S on 280.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I've been surprised by the number of nice cars in Windsor.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Last week out by a repair joint I saw a red something in the distance and thought,
"that fine rear end looks familiar". An hour ago I dropped by the same area again and indeed it was a pristine red Mitsubishi 3000GT!

Something was up with the left front lamp, probably blown and typically 90's Mitsubishi-tricky to replace. I'm kinda more for the earlier twin turbo GT models, but seeing this made my day.

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Saw this awesome Econoline Pickup on Saturday

When I was 3 or 4 my brother had one as his first car (truck). I don't think he ever got to drive it though. He spent all his time working on it.

I want one. Quite badly.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Twin turbo kit melting your bumper? Just take it off I guess.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Krakkles posted:

Hunh, so it is. That's what I get for trusting a BMW owner!

Edit: Actually, it may be either. Mint green was paint code 097, evergreen is 358, and they're annoyingly similar.

I'd guess it's mint, though, because it appears to be the lighter of the two. And the license plate.

Nope, M Coupes only came in evergreen. Mint is something newer (and looks like poo poo, imo).

M Coupe production info:

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/index.php/2010/05/161/

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

pristine red Mitsubishi 3000GT!

This is for sale on my way to church. Unfortunately I have a wife.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3980970983.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Meydey posted:

I don't know how to break it to him that it's not worth 100k

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Even the Swedish used prices from ten years back were like $50k tops after currency conversions. Cripes.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

I think he added an extra 0 by mistake.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Octopus Magic posted:

I assume he meant 10k, not 100.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Linedance posted:

I think he added an extra 0 by mistake.

More like two extra zeros. :cawg:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe that was the mileage?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
What's the best place for these? Here? Hope so. :ohdear:

I went to the 2013 Prescott Speed Hill Climb on Sunday, and it was.... not miserable. That's not the right word. It was interesting. It was raining really hard, and a lot of the drivers were pissed at not being able to post good times. I'm no photographer, and my camera died anyway (which I took as my cue to leave). My dad was there, supporting a couple of mates who were driving. I just blagged a competitors' wristband.

The noise was lovely, and the smells were lovely. These should all be thumbnails, and should pop.

Didn't get the number of this one, sorry. Lovely smells.

A few things lined up, getting ready.

AC/GN Beetle

Lea Francis Cirrus Special

Alvis Speed 25 Sports. This is just at the start line - short straight...

Gillow Special. ...then a hairpin called Orchard Corner

Frazier Nash Terror III. :black101: Going around orchard.

Don't know what this is.

Then up around Pardon Hairpin (plenty of cars getting quite slow here, it's quite an incline.)

Gnat. Then off up the hill.

Some lovely stuff in the carparks. A matt grey Lancia Coupe.

Is that a Saab Sonetti peeking out?

Good fun, despite the rain. I didn't stay long enough for the big stuff - after I left, the Napier Bentley went up, with its 24 litre engine. There were also two ERAs, R4A and R4D. It would have been nice to have seen those. Next year. And I'll take spare batteries for the camera.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Teach posted:

Is that a Saab Sonett peeking out?

Yes, yes it is. That is a Sonett III.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Meydey posted:

Are these actually any good? I never see them at the track or at autocross.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Sadi posted:

Heavy as hell. They were a technology exercise more than anything. Cool cars, though.

Out of the Japanese supercar era (3000GT, Supra, 300ZX, Skyline, RX-7) they were the worst of the bunch.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Sadi posted:

The dodge stealth got the better spoiler imo.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Sadi posted:

They are constantly broken, and a nightmare to work on.

DrPain posted:

This is the most incorrect opinion ever. The Stealth is ugly as sin, while the 3000GT is my favorite Japanese car from that era.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Octopus Magic posted:

I didn't even notice the price. Assumed it was $10k
It has been sitting in his driveway for at least 4 weeks (at least I think, skipped a few weeks of church), so maybe.
His other vehicle was a big bro truck.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Nocheez posted:

This is the most incorrect opinion ever. The Stealth is ugly as sin, while the 3000GT is my favorite Japanese car from that era.

I prefer the Stealth as well. It's so perfectly 90's. To be fair though, they were pretty identical outside of the spoilers, wheels, and some cladding. The stealth had way cooler taillights too.

Edit, content:

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 5, 2013

emf
Aug 1, 2002

And you can rearrange "DODGE STEALTH" into "GOT DEATH SLED". "3000 GT" just makes "T00 3G0", or "Too ego" for the 1337-impaired; an indictment of their owners if I ever heard one.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nocheez posted:

They are constantly broken, and a nightmare to work on.

Yup. I have fond memories of my friend buying one (against my advice) without looking at it first and with the knowledge it had a hosed clutch. We then flew to Christchurch (literally the exact other end of the country from here), towed it to his uncle's place and I did the clutch in the driveway. Never again.

And then we drove it all the way home, which was a fun road trip until we reached the warmer climes of the north island and it started overheating because the radiator was clogged with goo :suicide:

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

emf posted:

And you can rearrange "DODGE STEALTH" into "GOT DEATH SLED". "3000 GT" just makes "T00 3G0", or "Too ego" for the 1337-impaired; an indictment of their owners if I ever heard one.

Or if you want to get in trouble in South Carolina "DEATH TO SLED". SLED is South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

The Stealth may have done it first, but I can't see that horrible spoiler and not think Pontiac Sunfire. Which I won't post here because it does not belong in this thread.

Edit: alright I'll just link it so you can torture yourselves.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Sadi posted:

Or if you want to get in trouble in South Carolina "DEATH TO SLED". SLED is South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

Know what I'm doing if I buy a Stealth

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

I prefer the Stealth as well. It's so perfectly 90's. To be fair though, they were pretty identical outside of the spoilers, wheels, and some cladding. The stealth had way cooler taillights too.

Edit, content:

Also remember it was in Walker: TR.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
As well as a quartet of '90s made-for-tv Bandit movies.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I think I'm putting this in the right thread. Parked outside the Yards brewery yesterday:

Like a Boss (Hogg) by Phanatic, on Flickr

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Saturday, my local bar had a benefit for kids injured in fires (I forget the name of the organization) and they had this fire truck parked outside. Sadly, there was no paperwork giving info on it, but here are some pics!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like a '53-'56 by the grille, I'd lean towards the near end of that. But who knows if the big trucks were anything like the normal medium-duty pickups.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
About as low-key as an F430 gets, if you're ignoring the unmistakable exhaust note :fap:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Bucephalus posted:

As well as a quartet of '90s made-for-tv Bandit movies.

Didn't they also use one in one of those made-for-tv Knight Rider movies?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

YF19pilot posted:

Didn't they also use one in one of those made-for-tv Knight Rider movies?

SIFT! (DAMMIT)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

DrPain posted:

But did the stealth get 4 wheel steering?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Preoptopus posted:

But did the stealth get 4 wheel steering?

Yup.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Saw this on the way back from brunch on Sunday: Fisker Karma

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2YBEJvO8lo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This lives down the block from me, apparently.