Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Are you kidding

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Definitely the first time I have seen this.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
loving groundhog day up in this motherfucker

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Here's a picture

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005
Paddypower have put up a few comedy bets before the start of the season as per

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
The "Tottenham to get 10 yellow cards for simulation" one at 20/1 is tempting. Surely it happens more than 1 game in 4ish? I know they're getting at Bale leaving, but still.

Mourinho fired by end of August at 9/1 is ridiculous. Also, why is it West Ham players sent off for fighting each other? I remember the Newcastle one, but was there a similar incident involving West Ham that I'm forgetting?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Mickolution posted:

The "Tottenham to get 10 yellow cards for simulation" one at 20/1 is tempting. Surely it happens more than 1 game in 4ish? I know they're getting at Bale leaving, but still.

Mourinho fired by end of August at 9/1 is ridiculous. Also, why is it West Ham players sent off for fighting each other? I remember the Newcastle one, but was there a similar incident involving West Ham that I'm forgetting?

Mourinho fiNed by August, not fiRed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Homura posted:

Mourinho fiNed by August, not fiRed.

Haha, whoops.

Still seems unlikely.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
25/1 for a Stoken leg??? Sign me up

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Here's a nice way of visualising how disgustingly plastic the entire loving world is, a map of where tweets mentioning teams originate from.

I'm a fan of the lone Norwich fan in Madeira and the Palace lad in the Seychelles.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Screen Error posted:

Here's a nice way of visualising how disgustingly plastic the entire loving world is, a map of where tweets mentioning teams originate from.

I'm a fan of the lone Norwich fan in Madeira and the Palace lad in the Seychelles.

Maybe they're on holiday?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'd take a Holloway fine at 7/2.

Although I think that's a play on the fact he generally talks a lot of poo poo, but unlike Colin Wanker won't accuse the referee of being blind, a cheat, or a blind cheat.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Not much to tweet about from a liverpool perspective

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

It's better if you look through all the lower league teams and see the SkyBet football league fans from across the world. Just saw a Derby fan in Florida.

e: Hahaha there's about 10 tweets throughout Spain about Scunthorpe Utd.

Hashtag Nascar fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 5, 2013

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

I hope the number of Stoke blips nearby are just because they were in town for a friendly last week because otherwise that's just depressing.

edit: I wonder what kind of heuristics they're using to assign a tweet to a specific club, I assume anyone just referring to "Wolves" for instance isn't getting counted

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 5, 2013

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Nascar posted:

It's better if you look through all the lower league teams and see the SkyBet football league fans from across the world. Just saw a Derby fan in Florida.

Yeah I found Scunthorpe and Hartlepool fans seem to get about a bit. Geordies on the other hand are all clumped in one massive lump in the north east, it must be so wonderful there that they never want to leave.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Hashtag Nascar posted:

ExPat gangsters

For content http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygDU_BQ95yc

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Plastic gets thrown around way too much in here. If you're in a country with a poo poo or non-existent league what are you supposed to do? Swear off football? The notion the the closer you are in proximity to your team's stadium the more of a fan you are is really stupid. In the end a Chelsea supporter lets say is rooting for basically a band of internationals and people from elsewhere in the country anyways. It is not like they're cheering "the local lads" on. You can claim a Manchester fan in Canada is a bandwagoner, but you know nothing about their viewing habits/level of support. In fact a lot of people in these countries get up at ungodly hours in the morning for their team to go to the bar and get drunk and watch the game, gambling with their health and sanity.

I've talked to quite a few British fans of American Football and when they tell me which team they support (whether a good franchise or not) I say cool and I'll talk with them about it. The furthest thing from my mind is this guy is a loving plastic which seems to be the kneejerk reaction here when someone likes a team that they live more then 100 miles away from.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Seltzer posted:

Plastic gets thrown around way too much in here. If you're in a country with a poo poo or non-existent league what are you supposed to do? Swear off football? The notion the the closer you are in proximity to your team's stadium the more of a fan you are is really stupid. In the end a Chelsea supporter lets say is rooting for basically a band of internationals and people from elsewhere in the country anyways. It is not like they're cheering "the local lads" on. You can claim a Manchester fan in Canada is a bandwagoner, but you know nothing about their viewing habits/level of support. In fact a lot of people in these countries get up at ungodly hours in the morning for their team to go to the bar and get drunk and watch the game, gambling with their health and sanity.

I've talked to quite a few British fans of American Football and when they tell me which team they support (whether a good franchise or not) I say cool and I'll talk with them about it. The furthest thing from my mind is this guy is a loving plastic which seems to be the kneejerk reaction here when someone likes a team that they live more then 100 miles away from.
No one cares

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I'm a real fan because I paid what ended up being a ton of money to see Liverpool lose 1-0 to Sunderland in a dire match

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I don't think it would be a funny phenomenon if it weren't for the fact that people magically choose a team that is one of the "top 4" about 95% of the time. If there was an even distributiin of fans (There has yet to be a Wigan supporter on the forums for instace) people wouldn't joke about it. But writing a big post like that makes you seem defensive. Its all part of the

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Hashtag Nascar posted:

It's not surprising to see a Derby fan in FL tho, there's a shitton of ex-Pats there as well as a lot of tourists visiting Disney and then S.FL.

Hell one of the owners of a lower-league team used to go to my local in Boca and was a great guy. Damned if I can remember what team he was a part-owner of.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Seltzer posted:

You might change your tune if the British fans of American Football were insufferable know-nothing retards deeply convinced of their knowledge of the game.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Seltzer posted:

You're right, the TRP hate for plastics is retarded. But this isn't the thread for it.

So here's a Raul Meireles gif.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

vaginal culture posted:

I don't think it would be a funny phenomenon if it weren't for the fact that people magically choose a team that is one of the "top 4" about 95% of the time. If there was an even distributiin of fans (There has yet to be a Wigan supporter on the forums for instace) people wouldn't joke about it. But writing a big post like that makes you seem defensive. Its all part of the

But they get up really early

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Seltzer posted:

Tbh it's not the Stoke fan living in Peru people complain about. It's the Australian Chelsea fan who started following the club when Abrahmovic came in and now thinks they are the realest fan.

Also American football has like 32 teams in 22 states so it's not even remotely similar and drawing comparisons between the two is silly.

Here's a picture of a Lonely Luis:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

EvilHawk posted:

Tbh it's not the Stoke fan living in Peru people complain about. It's the Australian Chelsea fan who started following the club when Abrahmovic came in and now thinks they are the realest fan.

What about the Liverpool fan who wasn't following football 2 years ago.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
who loving cares about american fans here's Bale making his debut for Wales

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
I wish there were more Norwegian football plastics.

Luckily there are some. Here's a picture of the best plastics in the world :getin:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can someone tell me any cool places boro tweets come from that site crashes my chrome??

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Vegetable posted:

You're right, the TRP hate for plastics is retarded. But this isn't the thread for it.

So here's a Raul Meireles gif.

I miss that guy.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

excuse me lady posted:

What about the Liverpool fan who wasn't following football 2 years ago.

Or the United fan, City fan, Spurs fan...

I was just using an example of a guy I know who annoys me :)

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Can someone tell me any cool places boro tweets come from that site crashes my chrome??

Hartlepool, apparently.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

EvilHawk posted:

I was just using an example of a guy I know who annoys me :)

So was he :)

Here is our 39 year old winger crossing for an assist this weekend.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuylbPlzbH0

People in the comments are saying it's fake - it's really creepy regardless.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sandwolf posted:

People in the comments are saying it's fake - it's really creepy regardless.

Well you never see his face and his hands at the same time, so it could be a player piano or something. He asks Pirlo at the end "you know what to do with your feet?" but I can't tell if he's asking him because he's showing him how or if he's actually asking him.

e: Yeah that has to be fake, Mario's shirt is zipped up and the person playing the piano has it open.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
#banterzone

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

This is really cool to look through.

Also Dempsey to Sounders is the greatest thing ever. I ordered my jersey today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I just checked, and the Boro tweets are coming from... inside your house.

• Locked thread