Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Chivalry doesn't like that I have Mumble push to talk bound to left Ctrl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Steam also doesn't like that I try to check the score while sprinting, bringing up the overlay. I should probably disable that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Concatenation posted:

As far as I'm concerned if you spawn with the name "Joffrey" you deserve what's coming to you

I got killed by a Joffrey's heavy crossbow.

e: Anyway, is devbehindview still in the game? I know it was in it last patch or two.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Hit p twice.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How the hell do you do well with the hatchet? Good lord it's poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is there a way to make a mod that replaces the laugh spam macro with Christopher Lambert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FswhQmILLU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Has anyone retextured Argon to look like the Burger King yet?

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Ularg posted:

Chivalry doesn't like that I have Mumble push to talk bound to left Ctrl.

C is the absolute clear choice for this game. Scream incoherently both in game and in mumble at the same time. :colbert:

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
So I've gotten pretty good at vanguard with a brandistock, and i'm usually topfragging in most servers. The only time i ever get problems is on Last team standing or Duel servers when i'm against opponents who parry like bosses.

For someone like me who prefers spears, whats the best way to take down someone who parrys all the time? Should i just keep forcing themto parry until stamina forces them into stun ? Will they run out of stamina from parries before i run out of stamina for striking? Any tips would be appreciated.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nephyx posted:

So I've gotten pretty good at vanguard with a brandistock, and i'm usually topfragging in most servers. The only time i ever get problems is on Last team standing or Duel servers when i'm against opponents who parry like bosses.

For someone like me who prefers spears, whats the best way to take down someone who parrys all the time? Should i just keep forcing themto parry until stamina forces them into stun ? Will they run out of stamina from parries before i run out of stamina for striking? Any tips would be appreciated.

Pull out your short sword and stab the poo poo out of them.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

nephyx posted:

Someone parrying will always run out of stamina first since if you're connecting with your strikes than they don't cost stamina unlike successful parries. Wearing someone down like that takes forever though and reinforcements will show up.

Also be weary cause the first time you stun someone out of stamina they replenish a little bit of their bar (someone correct me if this is wrong but it happens when I get stunned).

Mix kicks and feints into your routine and play to the spears' strengths, range and decent speed compared to the other Van weapons. Try to group up with team mates and flank around the sides of the people they engage.

Edit: Or pull out your short sword and stab the poo poo out of them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

nephyx posted:

It's important to note that any strikes that land don't actually cost you any stamina, only misses do. So yes, you can just keep on stabbing until they run out, especially if you don't have to parry yourself. The sideways swipe of the brandistock is surprisingly quick and can often catch people off-guard. The underhanded stab on the other hand is so slow that people will often parry way too early, allowing it to hit after their parry ends. People also often fall into a rhythm, so waiting for just half a second before launching your next attack and it might catch them cold.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 6, 2013

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Brandi has ridiculously effective feints, it's also pretty effective at ripostes, it's a bullshit weapon all around you should just circle your opponent and stab stab stab if you do it right they'll always be out of the range of their weapons, remember that the lunge attack has even more ridiculous range that very often takes people by surprise cause you can strike from like 10 meters away so just keep poking and if they get too close use one of the incredibly fast slashes or kick them in the guts.

Also, if your attack connects it won't drain your stamina at all so yeah, you can also just wear them down, particularly useful against shield users as shields are basically useless against the brandistock.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Also I think it's the alt overhead which looks identical to the stab but with just enough delay to act like a feint. As archer nothing messes me up like spears since it's impossible to close distance since they use only stabs and overheads which knock you back away instead of swings like everyone else that you can parry while still running towards them.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Robot Randy posted:

Has anyone retextured Argon to look like the Burger King yet?

If someone does this, Malric needs to be Ronald McDonald.

Chivalry: Burger Warfare

I'm imagining a total mod here, fry guys, the kids from the bk kids club (is that still a thing?) Archers shooting French fries. This needs to happen.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 6, 2013

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

dog nougat posted:

If someone does this, Malric needs to be Ronald McDonald.

Chivalry: Burger Warfare

I'm imagining a total mod here, fry guys, the kids from the bk kids club (is that still a thing?) Archers shooting French fries. This needs to happen.

I tire of ketchup. I thirst FOR BLOOD! :black101:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Retexture the entire map to look like a yellow and red bounce mat and turn on low gravity.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
All red knights are Grimace.

Dr. Video Games 0117
May 25, 2006
On dates I like to...
I want to maximize my yelling power, is there any way to bind my WASD and mouse buttons to yell or play voice macros in addition to their regular function?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Dr. Video Games 0117 posted:

I want to maximize my yelling power, is there any way to bind my WASD and mouse buttons to yell or play voice macros in addition to their regular function?

You might regret this when the time comes to sneak up on a dude.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is yellow-belly talk.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

What is this "sneak up" you speak of, and how much yelling does it involve?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I almost always try and join Mason. Anyone else have a preferred side? Do you pick based on which side is attacking or defending on which map?

Basically I just want to yell "FOR THE ORDAHHHHH" and "THE ORDAH! THE ORRRDAHHHH!!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TheBigAristotle posted:

I almost always try and join Mason. Anyone else have a preferred side? Do you pick based on which side is attacking or defending on which map?

Basically I just want to yell "FOR THE ORDAHHHHH" and "THE ORDAH! THE ORRRDAHHHH!!"
It varies for me. When I'm smashing things, Mason is just more :black101: However if I'm in the mood to archer it up, I need to be able to tell the masons just how handsome they are as often as possible :sissies:

Perestroika posted:

It's important to note that any strikes that land don't actually cost you any stamina, only misses do. So yes, you can just keep on stabbing until they run out, especially if you don't have to parry yourself. The sideways swipe of the brandistock is surprisingly quick and can often catch people off-guard. The underhanded stab on the other hand is so slow that people will often parry way too early, allowing it to hit after their parry ends. People also often fall into a rhythm, so waiting for just half a second before launching your next attack and it might catch them cold.

I never knew this, if the tutorial spelled out "Attacks that are parried take no stamina" along side the more obvious "parrying takes stamina either way", it must have flown right over my head. The sideways swipe thing meanwhile, reminds me how for whatever strange reason I've caused more decapitations with the default spear, than I have the unlocked Billhook for the polearms :v:

EDIT: vvv Well I guess some people are perfectly fine with Mead.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 7, 2013

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Mason 95% of the time, because they have the cooler emblem/colours and generally better voices (although the knight's warcries are a bit weakish). This is to the extent that when I have to play Agatha, I tend to TK quite a bit because I've conditioned myself to hit the blue guys.

EDIT:

TheBigAristotle posted:

Of course not, killing peasants is among the best things
Also this.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 7, 2013

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Mason always, you wouldn't want to shelter a bunch of filthy peasants now would you?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course not, killing peasants is among the best things

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

What if you like burning the fields?

The Masons don't get to do that.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

havenwaters posted:

What if you like burning the fields?

The Masons don't get to do that.
There are no filthy peasants on the fields so whatever

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

The best part about playing as Agatha is that you'll occasionally teamkill someone just because they're so blood-spattered that they look like a Mason duder. :shobon:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nordick posted:

There are no filthy peasants on the fields so whatever

You need to think in the grand scheme of things. By burning the fields there'll be less filthy peasants in the long run.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Perestroika posted:

You need to think in the grand scheme of things. By burning the fields there'll be less filthy peasants in the long run.

What, that is profoundly counter productive. How are you supposed to kill peasants if there are less of them?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Tulip posted:

What, that is profoundly counter productive. How are you supposed to kill peasants if there are less of them?

Well by burning the fields you're indirectly killing peasants. Both actions lower the total peasant population.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Perestroika posted:

Tulip posted:

havenwaters posted:

Well by burning the fields you're indirectly killing peasants. Both actions lower the total peasant population.

I love that this game has us riffing on the economics of peasant slaughter. The hallmark of a quality game :black101:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Not really. I prefer defense on servers without an archer limit, since what will usually happen is half the attackers take archers and the fight ends up in the attacker spawn, but otherwise I like most of the taunts. Only the Mason Vanguard feels a bit weak, and that's mainly because the sound recording seems a bit off. But at least he can still scream with the best of them :black101:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

havenwaters posted:

If you stop feeding pigs you'll have a lower pig population, but it won't help you make pork sandwiches. It's not that peasants deserve to die, it's that we deserve to kill them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tulip posted:

If you stop feeding pigs you'll have a lower pig population, but it won't help you make pork sandwiches. It's not that peasants deserve to die, it's that we deserve to kill them.

Then you just need to go about it with a bit of thought. Only burn Mason fields at the other end of the country, causing their peasants to migrate over to your lands. You'll have plenty of victims peasants right at your own doorstep, and when you do murder them your own subjects won't even get uppity about it!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was taking a look at that weapons googledoc, and what's the difference between slash and chop?

Also, why the gently caress is there always one team in King Of The Hill that absolutly refuses to stay on the point? The most they do is run on it for two seconds, then run right off it to chase people.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
It's pretty much the same poo poo on any team objective. You have 2 guys trying to push the objective and the rest of the team is hosed off all over the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
My new favorite thing to do is enter a FFA "duel" server, chuck a firepot a group of dudes waiting to duel, spam laugh and promptly quit.

• Locked thread