Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Someone reported that nice guy? Sheeze.

The movie went well, should boost the morale of the Lyran People. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How could it not? :colbert: It has an Atlas punting a Grand Dragon's head off and a nigh-impossible headshot, whats not to love?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey it's been a full year since I was a pilot in the first of the multi part death commandos scenario.

Woah.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

And it's been 21 months since I, as Captain Paul Masters, lead Rolling Thunder into battle against my archenemy Ion Rush and was accused of having a cult of personality. CRAZY.

ps gently caress Ion Rush

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The scenario I played in occurred in January... 2011. I have basically forgotten everything that happened there.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Readingaccount posted:

Someone reported that nice guy? Sheeze.

Was considering whether or not to report him, but decided against it. Guess someone wasn't as nice to someone who didn't pick up on what he should've when reading the thread...

Also, now that my turn as a mechwarrior just finished, wonder how long I'll have to wait for my second go-around. Likely 5 years, give or take a year, I would think...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 6, 2013

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

KnoxZone posted:

The scenario I played in occurred in January... 2011. I have basically forgotten everything that happened there.

I was Ilkhan of the Clans for four whole turns in January 2012. Good times.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I brought down a skyscraper on myself back in the day.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I tried to push a Clan Mech off a cliff into the river, but it shot one of my arms off before I could. :smith:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I haven't been anyone, save perhaps for one of the chief cheerleaders for Salaryman Korean Robert, Rosinski Ami, and the Brave Little Office Chair.

That is enough.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Hey, where's Felime? He and I should knock back a beer or two and reminisce about the time we defied the bookmakers in Solaris VII.

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
I never signed up to be a pilot because I thought I'd be too busy to ever play or wouldn't know what I'd be doing in two or more years.

It turns out I would have had plenty of time and the wait wouldn't have been too long.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

You still can, you know.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah, signing up is always open. Join today! You too could be a bitchin' movie star blowing holes in ghost's HDs like me! :clint:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Professor Malice posted:

I never signed up to be a pilot because I thought I'd be too busy to ever play or wouldn't know what I'd be doing in two or more years.

It turns out I would have had plenty of time and the wait wouldn't have been too long.

Yeah, I waited to sign up for a while because I wasn't sure how long it would take for the waiting list to get around to me, and I had no idea how to play BattleTech, but when it finally got around to me, it was a load of fun. Totally recommend signing up.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

TildeATH posted:

I brought down a skyscraper on myself back in the day.

I nearly destroyed my 'mech and forced it to shut down from overheating, but by the end I was standing and they were not.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I had a teammate with a torso about to crack open and fully-intact back armor. I tried to draw fire because that is what Paul Masters would have done. But at least I have a sweet desktop wallpaper where I can point at the Orion and say "that's me."

gently caress you, Ion Rush.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Came in as a substitute, got headcapped early, brought back by popular acclaim, provided recon by fire to identify an enemy's weapon systems, went out fighting after my 'mech survived getting engined on a technicality. Then got engined. Did some good damage.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I haven't been anyone, save perhaps for one of the chief cheerleaders for Salaryman Korean Robert, Rosinski Ami, and the Brave Little Office Chair.

That is enough.
I cannot, and I mean cannot, wait for Korean Robert to return. Because after the poo poo he pulled on Luthien, I kind of expect him to be the IS's equivalent of John McClane.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That is enough.

I really regret not submitting my Salaryman mech design for the contest that happened after that scenario. Though the rear-firing lasers designed to look like an office chair were probably a bit over the top.

This thread has given so much, I feel like I should be giving something back to it. Heck, sign me up to pilot. I'll try to get my mech destroyed in a crowd-pleasing fashion when the time comes.

Edit: I have PMs.

Narsham fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 7, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Arujei posted:

I cannot, and I mean cannot, wait for Korean Robert to return. Because after the poo poo he pulled on Luthien, I kind of expect him to be the IS's equivalent of John McClane.

Korean Robert will run the Kuritan Resistance Cell on Luthien. On the day of Uprising, when Luthien reclaims its freedom, the last living Elemental on the planet will lunge at him, only to be shot dead by Taku, the 'Mechwarrior who has been gunshy ever since learning that his Jenner stepped on a small child.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I hit myself in the head with a Mech that doesn't have arms and died.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I bounced around being annoying and had the scenario end right as my rear end got holed out.

Then I played skeet for a whole brigade of Mechs by going for a DFA that I now realize was probably put there to bait me but, hey, I had a shot at sending the fucker flying into the water. Hey, at least I drew fire for a whole turn.

Then I got called in to replace a missing pilot, got caught in a moat at a bad time, then ate some unlucky shots, dead in the water.

Got some kills in though.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

I drove a tank. Battlemechs are for pussies.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
I had a kickboxing match with an unknown invading mech of high technology in a ring made of burning forest to buy time for my commander to escape, and may have altered an entire clan's perception of the war. :patriot:

:black101:

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 6, 2013

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
I faced down an invincible monster from another age while piloting a great symbol of Lyran martial superiority, and my sacrifice gave my commander the perfect moment to send that undead Cameron bastard back to the hell where he belongs - riding a PPC beam (all fixed in post-production, of course).

I can't recommend being a pilot for the thread enough.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I helped kill the cast of Far Country and contracted the space-plague.

...Uh, not sure what happened with the space-plague in the end, hopefully the whole clan hasn't mutated into alien birds.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I went Berserk and tore the arm off of a dread gigantic mech piloted by the ghost of a legendary age with its teeth that were specially inserted just for that scene of the movie. At that point, I had no idea what it would do when I ordered it, and was not disappointed with what happened.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
I piloted an Atlas under the possibly the most powerful pilot and mech combo PTN has ever handed out and had my Gyro cracked in the 2nd turn. After much deliberation, I proceeded with my primary objective of firing every missile in existence at anything that moved. Somehow it worked out.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yeah, you know what? Screw it. Put me on the pilot list if you would be so kind, PTN; I have PMs.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get to play someone I've heard of.

(P.S. when/if my turn comes up if Korean Robert's Rebellion is a possible scenario and you fuckers vote for anything else I will flip poo poo)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Two and half years ago, I invented the JUSTICE FOOT on some Capellan Bastard's face.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I stomped on some Elementals, and later got myself killed because I was stupid and thought for some reason "immobilized" also meant "can't shoot". :saddowns:

And then I redeemed myself in the second half of the scenario by delivering a JUSTICE FOOT to the head of a Dervish IIC. Mahalo, fucker. :smug:

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You know what, put me on the pilot list, PTN. I've got PMs too.

raverrn posted:

I drove a tank. Battlemechs are for pussies.

Tanks? Pffft, real men pilot quadvees -- :suicide:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I drove a Po and shot lots of MRMs at things and occasionally hit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

KnoxZone posted:

You later fell over.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I helped make a gangtag.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
I drove an Axman on Solaris, got eliminated first because of some crazy PTN dice, but still chalk it up as a success because I got to hit someone with the hatchet and put some big holes in with the AC/20.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
I helped create the blob formation and shot things with MRMs and medium lasers. Then in the next scenario I got to go again, and I allowed Piet to have a proper warrior's death.

Also for about three or four weeks, I was John Madden.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 6, 2013

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
I destroyed an ECM equipped hovertank with a kick, and later landed the kill shot on an assault tank that took 1.5 times its mass in Assault-class mechs with it in its death throes.

Edit: Oh yeah, my actions also resulted in that gif of the Archer and Cataphract dumping ammunition in the OP.

landcollector fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I fell off a cliff onto a giant clanner rear end in a top hat and caused his brain to melt from ammo explosions.

• Locked thread