Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

does refurb not go outside

sorry i live in sunny uk so rabies and coyotes are not a problem so cats can run around backgardens and up trees and stuff which i assume keeps their claws in check

i live in the city, cats are allergic to cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Golden-i posted:

If I don't trim refurb's front claws every 2 weeks she will play-swipe at me sometime and make me bleed

at least she doesn't care about nail clipping. "you call those clippers? shoulda seen the ones the guy who did my right leg had."

gizmo scratched her ear so bad yesterday with her back paw i think i need to get her a cone of shame so it can heal :o:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i mean its like when we had rabbits we had to give them hard stuff to chew otherwise their teeth grow into the opposite gums and thats messy and expensive to fix

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
now i feel bad that i havent cut my guinea pigs claws

i just get really nervous handling a cutting tool around tiny paws on a twitchy animal :ohdear:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
so I want a cat and I'm going to be moving to a place soon where I could have one and it's got a balcony with round metal rails. safe to let cat out on balcony as is or is there a risk that cat would jump up and then fall off? obviously cats have good balance and all that but it seems dangerous.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

toe knee hand posted:

so I want a cat and I'm going to be moving to a place soon where I could have one and it's got a balcony with round metal rails. safe to let cat out on balcony as is or is there a risk that cat would jump up and then fall off? obviously cats have good balance and all that but it seems dangerous.

cats have good balance but are also sometimes over confident and or dumb

and anything that is within jump height is a target to be jumped on

jump height is pretty much any ledge that can be seen

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

toe knee hand posted:

You could try it supervised and see how the cat seems?
Also congrats!
V I never had a balcony so I would trust him

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
as someone who lived in a third floor condo for a bit cats are actually dumb as hell and will certainly eventually fall off. we did our best to keep an eye on them but we still had three falls in four years. no injuries, just scared cats sitting in the grass freaked out of their minds

cats are pretty much the embodiment of hubris

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

ive seen cats jump into the sides of counters before so yeh, even if they can do it sometimes they fail

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Golden-i posted:

Those pants are awesome

probably his own

dwayne johnson is pretty rad

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
it's 6th floor so that's the fall i'd be worried about. also of course cat not being able to get back in and maybe me not noticing right away etc.

sounds like it might be best to either not let it out there or rig up some netting or something to keep it off the railing.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
yeah keep them off it. if it's metal railings theres nothing for them to claw onto if they do slip

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Refurbogram finally arrived, though it was slightly damaged before it got to me, just like the real thing.

Spenny doesn't care.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

yeah keep them off it. if it's metal railings theres nothing for them to claw onto if they do slip

even if they have something to hold on to if you have to rescue them they sometimes spazz out of your hands and fall anyway

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Lum posted:

Spenny doesn't care.

looks less like he doesn't care and more like he's about to murder you

are you in fact still alive at this moment?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

did you put that bird feeder there just to annoy your cat

of course i did. i even cleaned the window and scraped off the paint overspray to give her a better view.

also... it happened again!!!! and i poked it this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWooKjf2bOk

that resulted in this look of displeasure

toe knee hand posted:

it's 6th floor so that's the fall i'd be worried about. also of course cat not being able to get back in and maybe me not noticing right away etc.

sounds like it might be best to either not let it out there or rig up some netting or something to keep it off the railing.

my neighbors did this and it worked great. they put one of these up from the top of the balcony to a foot or so below the top of the railing, then on the inside of the railing they put in some plastic mesh fencing to keep the kitties from sneaking between the bars. cats loved it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

toe knee hand posted:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

point taken.

thanks all I will keep you updated on the status of my future cat(s)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
cats have really good balance

cats are also really dumb

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

toe knee hand posted:

point taken.

thanks all I will keep you updated on the status of my future cat(s)
1) adopt
2) post pics
3) ...
4) profit!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

1) adopt
2) post pics
3) ...
4) profit!

there's really no substantiation as to the correlation and linkage of steps 3 and 4, you can safely limit yourself to repeating 1 and 2 over and over.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Golden-i posted:

Those pants are awesome

seriously. someone figure out where i can get some

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

m'lord

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Lum posted:

Refurbogram finally arrived, though it was slightly damaged before it got to me, just like the real thing.

lmbo @ this

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

sonja.gif

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lum posted:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Funhilde posted:

The new Got Milk commercial is top notch.

anyone else not scroll past Rock's torso and not see the ridiculous pants until scrolling down all the way?

because Nice!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

dur posted:

seriously. someone figure out where i can get some

http://www.cottonblossomfarm.com/launch-by-lesly-grainger/1282-Rockets-on-Blue.html

!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

someon should make cat ties with that fabric.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i kind of want a suit with that fabric as the jacket liner

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I forgot to post this earlier; got my Refurbograph and tried to get a pic with Reuben but he would not give me his "good side" aka the one with the drat eyeball in it

I guess he was showing Scratch and Dent Cat solidarity

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ehehehehehe
                                /

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PipeRifle posted:

I forgot to post this earlier; got my Refurbograph and tried to get a pic with Reuben but he would not give me his "good side" aka the one with the drat eyeball in it

I guess he was showing Scratch and Dent Cat solidarity

where we're going...

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

i kind of want a suit made with that fabric

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Not able to do too many orders until September but I can make things out of that fabric.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

why you put some poo poo in his box

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Funhilde posted:

Not able to do too many orders until September but I can make things out of that fabric.

It looks like the design is pretty big though; you're not gonna get very many whole rockets visible per tie

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Endless Mike posted:

why you put some poo poo in his box

that's babby clothes from my wife's friend. we're working on emptying it for teddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

PipeRifle posted:

It looks like the design is pretty big though; you're not gonna get very many whole rockets visible per tie

are cat-sized superhero capes doable?