Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

necrotic posted:

After much debate... I think we almost didn't?

There was more to it than raiding with that other guild, there was an influx of people who wanted to join the guild but couldn't because the shard was locked. The three reasons we went to Three Springs, from what I heard and from most important to least, were accepting people to the guild, to raid with the other guild, and to escape from Seastone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oraculum Animi posted:

The three reasons we went to Three Springs, from what I heard and from most important to least, were accepting people to the guild, to raid with the other guild, and to escape from Seastone.

Yes this is correct. I wouldn't have moved us just for the raiding group, since there was no assurances of how many raiding spots we would even get. Also, haven't we already progressed past where the other group was? I think even undergeared goons were better.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, I checked their website and they're still without a Crucia kill.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Oraculum Animi posted:

There was more to it than raiding with that other guild, there was an influx of people who wanted to join the guild but couldn't because the shard was locked. The three reasons we went to Three Springs, from what I heard and from most important to least, were accepting people to the guild, to raid with the other guild, and to escape from Seastone.

Wait, you guys are on 3S not DW? Dang, I would have liked to PUG with you guys occasionally.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

No we're on DW now again. We were on 3S for a week.

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I've been leveling mostly through PvP and I have quite a bit of favor saved up. I'm only level 43 and I was wondering if I should buy some gear or just stock pile it for endgame.

To be honest I haven't done any reading on how to gear at max level or what endgame even looks like in this game. Is there some other currency that makes this one obsolete? Or am I going to have some nice gear the second I hit 60.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, I checked their website and they're still without a Crucia kill.

they stopped raiding entirely. their (old) maintank stayed on faeblight and without hedo & i they were facing building a raid core all over again, and since most of them were on the verge of quitting anyway (even when they were raiding with us) they just decided to stop raiding.

anyway i'm overseas most of this week so i will probably miss guild raids; if someone is setting up an alt ft/ee or tdq run hit up exmilitary@greybriar if you need a dps/tank warrior.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Firaga posted:

I've been leveling mostly through PvP and I have quite a bit of favor saved up. I'm only level 43 and I was wondering if I should buy some gear or just stock pile it for endgame.

To be honest I haven't done any reading on how to gear at max level or what endgame even looks like in this game. Is there some other currency that makes this one obsolete? Or am I going to have some nice gear the second I hit 60.

Page 50 of this thread has a lot of the info you need. Also, you can read this: http://www.riftguru.net/index.php/cm-guides/sm-endgameactivity/um-the1lvl60/55-the-one-level-60-guide-pve

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Just note that when they are talking about marks they are talking about before they multiplied everything so when they say 4 marks a day they actually mean closer to 400.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
An old guildie im still in touch with linked his kill video for Salvarola, 273 attempts before a successful drop. :stare:

I heard this new 10 man was mean and all...

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
I got this game mail today :catstare:

This pubby often visits the guild dimension, if you're in there long enough they start some inane, and very awkward small talk.

I think there needs to be a care package sent, though I don't know what just yet.

Tombstone Monarch
Dec 21, 2006

Here comes the pay!
Could I get a guild invite for Xylvandra, Xylvara, and Xylvaxa please?

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

lsp posted:

I got this game mail today :catstare:

This pubby often visits the guild dimension, if you're in there long enough they start some inane, and very awkward small talk.

I think there needs to be a care package sent, though I don't know what just yet.

ill donate awkwardly named Grey items to the cause

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Shadowmorn posted:

An old guildie im still in touch with linked his kill video for Salvarola, 273 attempts before a successful drop. :stare:

I heard this new 10 man was mean and all...

salvarola is currently the hardest boss in the game because of an extremely hard dps check and moderately hard movement mechanics, followed by hardmode gelidra/kain and ultane. i'd say at least half of those wipes, if not more, (at least in my experience) would have been during the third phase (50%-10%).

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009

Firaga posted:

Pre-60, the PVP weapons seem to be pretty much BiS for about 7 levels. Save up/get the mats for all the crafted endgame gear on page 50. I wear the crafted gear w/ PVE chest & shoulders, and swap out the PVP chest and melee weapons for warfronts. Still working on gear for the non-crafted slots.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Streaming minimal cleric healing farm

Edit: Regulos Vod if you wanna see the shambler platform as a healer.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 7, 2013

az
Dec 2, 2005

Do we have any presence on the euro servers? Or is there a way to connect to the NA server from the EU? They don't show up for me in the browser.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

az posted:

Do we have any presence on the euro servers? Or is there a way to connect to the NA server from the EU? They don't show up for me in the browser.

I'm the last member in goon squad on eu-bloodiron. It's lonely but I play so infrequently I couldn't bear starting a new character from 0. (There are sadly no eu->na transfers).

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

az posted:

Its in the Settings on the launcher:

Optikalusion posted:

I'm the last member in goon squad on eu-bloodiron. It's lonely but I play so infrequently I couldn't bear starting a new character from 0. (There are sadly no eu->na transfers).

:smith: I left for raiding awhiles back when EU-Goonsquad flopped over before Hammerknell, it was good times.

Christian Marches through Freemarch!

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 7, 2013

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Guess who did a pug GA, killed Kaliban and Kyzan, and got a shiny new pair of shoes?

This guy.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Keshik posted:

Guess who did a pug GA, killed Kaliban and Kyzan, and got a shiny new pair of shoes?

This guy.

This guy?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

FT pugs :cry: http://www.twitch.tv/kanetw/b/441909113 (skip to the last hour or so for pure chaos)

(I love how I was about to type "twitch.tv/kanetw for a hopefully not lovely 4/4 FT and eventually EE" then changed it into "... for a hopefully non lovely FT")

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 7, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
New patch yay

quote:

GENERAL
* Early morning disconnect/connectivity issues around 4:00 AM server time should be reduced further, this hotfix includes additional improvements to help resolve the ongoing issue.
* Visting another shard and ready to Return Home? Now it's even easier! Simply right-click your character portrait and select the option from the menu.
* Ashora: The minimap now shows the correct Porticulum Image for K'Rom's Fortress

WORLD EVENT: SUMMERFEST
* The Tasuil Companion Corgi now also qualifies for for Summerfest Daily Quest "BONUS: Telara Dog and Pony Show - Part 1", this quest now also gives Merit Badgers - yay!
* Morban: Danse Macabre - NPC's have been added which now provide clues when attempting to complete this Scavenger Hunt!
* Seratos: Skull Rain - it should now be slightly more convenient to complete this Scavenger Hunt!

RIFT STORE
* Apothecary Store: Now has 42 NEW Dye recipes available for purchase with Crafting Marks!
* Fixed an issue causing items in the preview pane to flicker or disappear.
* Crafting Store: Recipes are now better sorted
* The Custodian's Set Bundle, Stolen Eldritch Steed, & Black Valmera mounts are now available in the RIFT Store!

SOULS
* General: Riftstalker's Flashback & Archon's Point to Point abilities now work cross shard.
* Cleric: Obliterate - the damage bonus granted to Disintegration in PvP has been reduced.

DUNGEONS
* Exodus of the Storm Queen:
- More enemies will now grant experience when killed throughout the dungeon.
- Hot Lead, Cold Steel: The Red Mist ability used by the Assault Frame will no longer insta-kill invading Storm Legion troops.
- Thedeor's Last Stand: Reduced the duration of this event.

QUESTS
* Meridian: Quantum Possibilities - text now references correct, discounted, price for the Quantum Sight Ascended Power
* Fixed a rare issue that would cause RIFT to crash on login if every quest being tracked is a Story Quest and your quest tracker was full.

CRAFTING
* Corrected the stats granted by the Excellent Agility Serum.
* Recipe Quest: Pitchfork of Astounding Power - No longer has a blank line in the ingredient list.

ITEMS
* Exceptional Whetstone now correctly states that it grants 125 attack power.
* Fish Spin Saw and Crushing Carp are now useable by all classes and are now properly designated as costume items.

* General: Riftstalker's Flashback & Archon's Point to Point abilities now work cross shard.

Yes, no more returning to my shard because I want to set a loving point to return to. I can lazy tank SHs now.

e:
* Visting another shard and ready to Return Home? Now it's even easier! Simply right-click your character portrait and select the option from the menu.

And I didn't even lose the ability to go the gently caress home quickly. :hellyeah:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Shadowmorn posted:

:smith: I left for raiding awhiles back when EU-Goonsquad flopped over before Hammerknell, it was good times.

Christian Marches through Freemarch!

I was in that guild too. 420 troll entire server every day :unsmith:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Keshik posted:

This guy.

A pug getting Kyzan is loving impressive, how many pick up spots and what guild ran it?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

FT pugs :cry: http://www.twitch.tv/kanetw/b/441909113 (skip to the last hour or so for pure chaos)

(I love how I was about to type "twitch.tv/kanetw for a hopefully not lovely 4/4 FT and eventually EE" then changed it into "... for a hopefully non lovely FT")

Was that the group that was doing Twins progression because guildies in guild chat kept talking about how awful it was.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Was that the group that was doing Twins progression because guildies in guild chat kept talking about how awful it was.

No idea, but that raid leader has no idea what he's doing.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

I watched small snippets of the video and they were flashing <The Art Of War>'s mumble server.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That's a pretty nice surprise about the new dyes, never heard them mentioning working on that. They are new colors too, lilac, rose, olive, peach, butt, and tangerine.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

That's a pretty nice surprise about the new dyes, never heard them mentioning working on that. They are new colors too, lilac, rose, olive, peach, butt, and tangerine.

This sounds amazing. I'm now going to roleplay in conquest as The Rose Crusader.

Is butt really a color.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Aug 7, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

It wasn't even progression -- you had to link a 8/9 cheevo to enter. Literally the most :psyduck: decisions I've seen

e: I think there was someone from Terrible Idea in there

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 7, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Roughraptors was tanking in that, no idea how there was so much fail. Watch Zaviel and see how the anchor point gets everyone waved. Good job anchor point.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

It wasn't even progression -- you had to link a 8/9 cheevo to enter. Literally the most :psyduck: decisions I've seen

e: I think there was someone from Terrible Idea in there

I can't see any player names due to those horrible gadget frames :argh:.

Oh god how do you have people dying on normal mode Gelidra :munch:

deimos posted:

Don't blame Gadgets for his terrible taste in templates. Also he's colorblind he might not know how horrible his frames are, making you a horrible human being for insulting the handicapped (or is it eyeicapped?).

Colorblind rogue? :allears: (Yeah I know he's a mage main). But I don't think that's what makes me a horrible human being.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 7, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

I can't see any player names due to those horrible gadget frames :argh:.

Don't blame Gadgets for his terrible taste in templates. Also he's colorblind he might not know how horrible his frames are, making you a horrible human being for insulting the handicapped (or is it eyeicapped?).

Zoness posted:

Oh god how do you have peopletanks dying on normal mode Gelidra :munch:

Fixed that for you. How does that happen when not solo-tanking? (To the point: spazzing melee die all the time to birds)

deimos fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 7, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

Colorblind rogue? :allears: (Yeah I know he's a mage main). But I don't think that's what makes me a horrible human being.

:frogout:

He still does better than most goons during raids.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Zoness posted:

Is butt really a color.

I'd like to think olive counts as butt color.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

Why is colorblindness a problem for rogues? Also you can probably not see names because I stream at like 480p with 1 Mbit upload

I like my raid frames and I have no idea why people find them horrible :v:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Why is colorblindness a problem for rogues? Also you can probably not see names because I stream at like 480p with 1 Mbit upload

I like my raid frames and I have no idea why people find them horrible :v:

We have a colorblind rogue who is really awful at colored circles and also forgets his platform assignment on Regulos.

vvv Yeah in his case it's red-green iirc but we make fun of him for messing up non red-green things too. It's not actually a colorblindness problem.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 7, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

We have a colorblind rogue who is really awful at colored circles and also forgets his platform assignment on Regulos.

There are different kinds of color blindness, it's not universal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

We have a colorblind rogue who is really awful at colored circles.It's not actually a colorblindness problem.

Zoness posted:

But I don't think that's what makes me a horrible human being.

You are a horrible human being for this reason plus more.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 7, 2013

• Locked thread