Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Serotonin posted:

I hate this thread and I hate Warmachine.

Im a dyed in the wool historical wargames grognard who researches authentic colours of druids snakes in pre Saxon Britain and gets concerned about facing colours on 6mm scale Napoleonic soldiers, and now Im playing with and painting steam powered robots and enjoying it (as well as spending too much on it).

FFFFF

I also have some holes in my fingers and am covered in glue from pinning while trying to repose a Scyrah Hydra to look like its firing lasers out of its Force Fists and I dont care.

Hell yeah, man. Hell yeah. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Serotonin posted:

Im a dyed in the wool historical wargames grognard who researches authentic colours of druids snakes in pre Saxon Britain and gets concerned about facing colours on 6mm scale Napoleonic soldiers, and now Im playing with and painting steam powered robots and enjoying it (as well as spending too much on it).

FFFFF

I also have some holes in my fingers and am covered in glue from pinning while trying to repose a Scyrah Hydra to look like its firing lasers out of its Force Fists and I dont care.

:getin:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Post it when you're done man. Sounds awesome!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I had to cancel my Warmachine kickstarter due to FINANCIAL ISSUES. (Mostly because my wife wont get paid until October) but if someone who pledged and doesn't play dota wants to sell me their courier upgrade codes for like a fiver or something I'd be down.

I want a nightwretch bringing me my tangoes.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Post it when you're done man. Sounds awesome!

well awesome might be overstating it, but I like it.

The standard pose is so weird to me. Its a warjack with lasers in its arms for ffs, why is it posed to look like its about to make a tackle on a rugby pitch?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wait what? Courier upgrade codes? I bought a Deathripper even though I pledged $85+ to the kickstarter, am I a sap? :ohdear:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Sab669 posted:

Wait what? Courier upgrade codes? I bought a Deathripper even though I pledged $85+ to the kickstarter, am I a sap? :ohdear:

Backers get an upgrade code for the courier to give it two new variations. Buying the original courier is still required. You're fine.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah, yea, I guess I just didn't notice last night's Kickstarter update. Those nightwrech wings are so dinky :3:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Ah, yea, I guess I just didn't notice last night's Kickstarter update. Those nightwrech wings are so dinky :3:

Yeah, I still think they missed the boat by not making the flying version a scavenger.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Manifest posted:

I had to cancel my Warmachine kickstarter due to FINANCIAL ISSUES. (Mostly because my wife wont get paid until October) but if someone who pledged and doesn't play dota wants to sell me their courier upgrade codes for like a fiver or something I'd be down.

I want a nightwretch bringing me my tangoes.

I can just give you my upgrade code when I get it, I will never use it.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Serotonin posted:

FFFFF

If there's a single shade wrong on the painted myrmidon I'll have to demand a honorable suicide :colbert:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

What is TFG short for?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

counterspin posted:

What is TFG short for?

In which context? I always use it for "That loving Guy," generally the sort of person that gives nerd stores their grim reputation. But in this case it's Temple Flame Guard. Same thing.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

S.J. posted:

Keep the Feral, get the alpha, the shifting stones and the shifting stone UA, and pKrueger. That should save you about 10 bux over getting the stalker.

I can't agree here. The Alpha is the third of the Warpwolves unless you're up against an especially obnoxious Cryxian player who's trying out an insubstantial skew list. It's not useless. But keep the Feral, get a Stalker - Stalker takes all mainstream opposition.

Also paint one of the Argusses in a winter coat. Both Argus and Winter Argus are pretty terrible - if looking for something to drop from the battlebox, the Argus should be it. But they are at least poor in different ways.

On the other hand I do agree that the best thing to deal with hordes of light infantry is pKreuger.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

neonchameleon posted:

I can't agree here. The Alpha is the third of the Warpwolves unless you're up against an especially obnoxious Cryxian player who's trying out an insubstantial skew list. It's not useless. But keep the Feral, get a Stalker - Stalker takes all mainstream opposition.

Also paint one of the Argusses in a winter coat. Both Argus and Winter Argus are pretty terrible - if looking for something to drop from the battlebox, the Argus should be it. But they are at least poor in different ways.

On the other hand I do agree that the best thing to deal with hordes of light infantry is pKreuger.

He's talking about the Warpborn Alpha, not the Pureblood.

I was wrong about the Winter Argus when (like two years ago) I said it was the worst beast we had. It has a real place. I like it a lot sometimes for holding zones.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Reboxed Idrians? you making GBS threads me PP?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

Like Sule said, I was talking about the Skinwalker Alpha, no one really calls Purebloods/whatever 'alpha' beasts anymore. And he's got the 2 player part of the box from what I understand, so already ha a regular Argus and a Winter Argus.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Can somebody explain gorten's feat in plain English with an example maybe?

It's really confusingly worded on war room.

also is there a standard size for the wall templates he can create? it doesn't say on the card.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

also is there a standard size for the wall templates he can create? it doesn't say on the card.

Choose a table edge, any edge. Then, each of the enemy models in Gorten's control radius are pushed directly toward that table edge. The models affected move up to 8" (they all have to move the same distance, you choose the distance, 0-8"), in the order you choose. Then they suffer the relevant stat penalties. Since it's a push, they'll stop if they contact models/obstructions as per normal.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

All the "Wall Templates" in the game are the same size. There's a draft in the back of the main book, it's like 5" by 1", and .5" high.

And Gorten's feat is the shove, right, you nominate a table edge (so one of the four) and every enemy model in his control radius is shoved up to 8" directly towards that table edge.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I believe the standard wall template is .75" thick, but I could be misremembering.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks. Yikes he's good.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Is there any chance we'll get a new/alt 2-player Cygnar/Cryx battle box, riding on the popularity of the PC game?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pierzak posted:

Is there any chance we'll get a new/alt 2-player Cygnar/Cryx battle box, riding on the popularity of the PC game?

Not really, no. I mean, not unless they were already planning on doing that along with a Skorne/Troll 2 player box. Both of those would kind of own though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You could just buy the two single battleboxes and make your own, you even miss out on the lovely heavy infantry units that you get in the Warmachine boxes!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Thanks. Yikes he's good.

He's really really good, but definitely limited by his Focus and Speed. A great example of good caster design. Obvious strengths, obvious limitations.

Flipswitch posted:

You could just buy the two single battleboxes and make your own, you even miss out on the lovely heavy infantry units that you get in the Warmachine boxes!

With the way anti-infantry has been coming out recently, Cryx players would probably do pretty well to grudgingly invest in their heavy infantry options.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

theironjef posted:

He's really really good, but definitely limited by his Focus and Speed. A great example of good caster design. Obvious strengths, obvious limitations.

speed doesn't seem that huge of an issue outside of an objective based match so long as you aren't playing straight up rhulic only and crawling along; he can make you 8 inches further/closer if he really had to.

btw, can gastone work for all the merc charters?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

S.J. posted:

Like Sule said, I was talking about the Skinwalker Alpha, no one really calls Purebloods/whatever 'alpha' beasts anymore. And he's got the 2 player part of the box from what I understand, so already ha a regular Argus and a Winter Argus.

Ah, doh. And I hadn't realised that the 2 player battlebox was different in that way from the classic double-argus battlebox.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

speed doesn't seem that huge of an issue outside of an objective based match so long as you aren't playing straight up rhulic only and crawling along; he can make you 8 inches further/closer if he really had to.

I think it was just Four Star and Talion.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
Here's a battle report filled with Khador on Khador lovin'.

I took Irusk 1 against Harkevich in his theme list. Lots of stuff blew up and many faces were punched. All in all, Khador came out on top at the end of the day!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Gay Polymers posted:

Plastic TFG! The implications! THE IMPLICATIONS!!! :woop:

Me, two weeks ago: "I really don't want to have to buy a box & two blisters to get flameguard...but I doubt they're going to come out with a full-squad box before I have the money..."

ONE WEEK ON THE DAY BEFORE I WAS PLANNING TO BUY! :woop::woop::woop:

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

The only one he won't work for is Searforge.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

I can just give you my upgrade code when I get it, I will never use it.

That would be pretty awesome of you.

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
drat you PPS, stop adding more addons to the kickstarter. My poor wallet. /rant

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It will make them so pretty! 10bux

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SirJoeKCB posted:

The only one he won't work for is Searforge.

but gorten can run him in a highborn list right?

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

but gorten can run him in a highborn list right?

Yeah.

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
gently caress it I bought a Mountain King. I'm going to run him with Doomshaper1/2 and kick all the rear end in Immoren despite the haters.

I figure a magic immune, buffed out the wazoo rage fuelled monster has got to do SOMETHING.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

gently caress it I bought a Mountain King. I'm going to run him with Doomshaper1/2 and kick all the rear end in Immoren despite the haters.

I figure a magic immune, buffed out the wazoo rage fuelled monster has got to do SOMETHING.

gently caress the haters, that model is fun as hell. Last time I used him, eDoomshaper feat + Rush on MK. Advance 10", threw a choir member at Kreoss, proc'd Killshot off the choir dude dying, then used the spray to kill Kreoss. Metal as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Hermetic posted:

Me, two weeks ago: "I really don't want to have to buy a box & two blisters to get flameguard...but I doubt they're going to come out with a full-squad box before I have the money..."

ONE WEEK ON THE DAY BEFORE I WAS PLANNING TO BUY! :woop::woop::woop:

This is also me! I was just putting together an order for the local gamestore to get free tournament entry, and TFG were on the list...

• Locked thread