Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

neil gaiman is hellaciously overrated and in love with his own writing

i read american gods and was completely underwhelmed. stick to comic books neil

e: oops book chat derail is over my bad

he's also married to amanda palmer who is super gross + a terrible person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Way back when... the two founders - Craig & Craig - were roommates at the University of Cincinnati. They met by chance due to some loud music playing through the halls (Oasis) and soon found that they were both just as ambitious and fun loving as the other.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i met my wife by following the mooing noise of her aim chat windows

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ambitious and fun loving .... shower beer holder

hmm

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Yodzilla posted:

i met my wife by following the mooing noise at a farm

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
fratboys are hella gay. what else is new?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hey man is that wonder wall? i love oasis

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
DMB is a really solid band

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Proteus4994 posted:

e: oops book chat derail is over my bad

american gods had straight up the most boring paper thin protagonist

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Chunk posted:

you must have not read the hunger games

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

probably because youre an adult and not a depressed teenage girl

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

probably because youre an adult and not a depressed teenage girl

like you are?

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Chunk posted:

literally a burly prison man who supressed his emotions called shadow :emo:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Crasscrab posted:

like you are?

shut up or ill shoot you in the face with a bow and arrow

you made me do ittttttt

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

katniss everdeen had 10x the depth of shadow, big muscly guy who doesn't really talk or do anything

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
can i see ur boobies lol

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Chunk posted:

katniss everdeen had 10x the depth of shadow, big muscly guy who doesn't really talk or do anything

shes a choose your own adventure character except without the choice

poo poo just happens and her actions have no real consequences

no remorse because "no choice"

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
fun fact: i googled neil gaiman to see what else he'd written and his wikipedia link is the 6th link on google because the first 5 are self-aggrandizing blog links and poo poo

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
also maybe trap sprung but even the most minor character in battle royale (the book not the movie although the movie was ok) has more depth than anyone in the hunger games

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
shower beer holder is a problem that has been solved by every single person who has ever had it

but what the hell who doesn't have $30k to burn, why not

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

shes a choose your own adventure character except without the choice

poo poo just happens and her actions have no real consequences

no remorse because "no choice"

i think that's oversimplifying it but it's commentary on the lack of agency in totalitarianism and also just the world

i mean the love triangle ends with her choosing between a brainwashed ptsd victim that might murder her or a war criminal that murdered her sister

ugh i'm turning into cd

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Vicas posted:

shower beer holder is a problem that has been solved by every single person who has ever had it

much like what your mother should have done, can't you do this much easier at home by yourself with nothing but a coat hanger?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Vicas posted:

my favorite thing about projects like these with 0 funding is that they couldn't even get a single friend or family member to give them a pity 20

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

not to mention the hosed geography of the hunger games which makes the book absolutely retarded, good page turner for the first book, but the 2 and 3rd were only read for the same reason i read all of a song of fire and ice

also get one of those racks and hang it on the wall so you put the beer with the shampoos etc.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Chunk posted:

i think that's oversimplifying it but it's commentary on the lack of agency in totalitarianism and also just the world

i mean the love triangle ends with her choosing between a brainwashed ptsd victim that might murder her or a war criminal that murdered her sister

ugh i'm turning into cd
or maybe it's just a lovely book written by a lovely hack

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

story of my life

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Chunk posted:

it's commentary on the lack of agency in totalitarianism and also just the world

that sounds like a pretty bad excuse for an awful character tbh

its self insertion for young adult readers. they can pretend theyre the character because the character doesnt stand out on their own. its literally the young girl version of gordon freeman in the half life games: no choices, no voice, no opinion, its a series of challenges to overcome on a set path that was determined by every other character in the game except the main one.

yo i just compared a book to a video game please kill me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

story of my life

shrink me

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

that sounds like a pretty bad excuse for an awful character tbh

its self insertion for young adult readers. they can pretend theyre the character because the character doesnt stand out on their own. its literally the young girl version of gordon freeman in the half life games: no choices, no voice, no opinion, its a series of challenges to overcome on a set path that was determined by every other character in the game except the main one.

yo i just compared a book to a video game please kill me

this whole conversation is shameful for all parties involved

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Chunk posted:

this whole conversation is shameful for all parties involved

death is the only possible conclusion

cu in hell buddy

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

its self insertion for young adult readers. they can pretend theyre the character because the character doesnt stand out on their own.

twilight also

i used to bag on harry potter for being poo poo but it's loving tolkien compared to poo poo like twilight and hunger games and i'm starting to do a complete 180 on jk rowling

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
harry potter is stil poo poo, but poo poo comes in grades, re: bristol stool scale

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Proteus4994 posted:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

harry potter is stil poo poo, but poo poo comes in grades, re: bristol stool scale

but that's not a great scale because the optimal poo poo is in the middle

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

RE: Lovecraft: Not Kickstarter, more Humble Bundley

http://vodo.net/hplbundle

For $2.50 there's plenty bits and bobs if you like eldritch and squamous.

Al! posted:

Way back when... the two founders - Craig & Craig - were roommates at the University of Cincinnati. They met by chance due to some loud music playing through the halls (Oasis) and soon found that they were both just as ambitious and fun loving as the other.

"My friend Jeremy, a fellow creative, came into town. We met up tonight to brainstorm an Internet meme, and we were wearing nearly the exact same thing by coincidence"

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 7, 2013

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/82653245/druggies-and-bullies-beware-bullyproof

this makes me want to go bully some kids

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
ear farts are the worst

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
holy loving poo poo this video is the goddamn best

CAN USING DRUGS DAMAGE YOUR BRAIN?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I plan on having a PC game done for ages 4-8 similar to a video game, but with less graphics and on the level their young minds can grasp.

the gently caress does that even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

this is clearly someone who knows nothing about children, drugs, or programming

so it must be an IT manager

• Locked thread