Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

spongeworthy posted:

God I miss all the little tweaks from being jailbroken. Using vanilla iOS6/7 after being jb'd for so long just doesn't feel right.

Conversely, I've been quite comfortable going unjailbroken and running the iOS 7 beta. The only things I cared about really were auxo and sbsettings, and those are now integrated quite nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Yeah the only missing thing from 7 jb wise is bitesms

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

Shmoogy posted:

Conversely, I've been quite comfortable going unjailbroken and running the iOS 7 beta. The only things I cared about really were auxo and sbsettings, and those are now integrated quite nicely.

I worry this sentiment will kill the jailbreak community (that make jailbreaks possible). Not that I blame you - you don't utilize enough jailbreak features to make it worthwhile for you.

But I want Chrome as my default browser. I want XBMC on my iOS devices. I want to be able to send iMessages/SMS messages via my PC. I want my freedom! :negative:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Grandmaster.flv posted:

And a lot of little minor tweaks. Like I love having weather on my lockscreen, I know I can slide down the notification center to see it, but I'd prefer no actions. Also attached to stupid poo poo like my 90%-sized icons and 5 icon dock.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

And about a million other things? What do you think your post serves to do?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

The Dave posted:

And a lot of little minor tweaks. Like I love having weather on my lockscreen, I know I can slide down the notification center to see it, but I'd prefer no actions. Also attached to stupid poo poo like my 90%-sized icons and 5 icon dock.

Yep. I love Gridlock, Infiniboard/dock, Intelliscreen X, BiteSMS, FakeClockUp, Shrink...

Hell, I even like Barrel and Zeppelin and BytaFont even though they're completely aesthetic. It's just nice to have a sweet rear end customized phone that looks exactly how I want it to look.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Aggro posted:

Yep. I love Gridlock, Infiniboard/dock, Intelliscreen X, BiteSMS, FakeClockUp, Shrink...

Hell, I even like Barrel and Zeppelin and BytaFont even though they're completely aesthetic. It's just nice to have a sweet rear end customized phone that looks exactly how I want it to look.

FakeClockUp is amazing, using a stock iPhone 5 feels like using an iPhone 3G when you got used to it

mikon
Apr 5, 2009

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I love activator's functionality immensely. The ability to double up the function of my volume buttons and re-mapping my dead home button to a gesture is almost essential.

Aand I can't do it. I just updated to 6.1.3 on my iphone 4 out of necessity and i've been trying to get it jailbroken. I've used sn0wbreeze and I can launch cydia, but cydia doesn't seem to actually work; It doesn't search the sources for any packages. Any idea what the issue is? Anyone here sucessfully jailbroke on 6.1.3?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Asked this in the vanilla iPhone thread but I think I might need a jailbreak fix, if there is one; "Looking for some help please chaps. I'd like to change some of my books to icons on the phone. In that, I have a number of ebooks (and PDFs) that I read in iBooks that I'd like to have sitting on my phone as an icon, to remind me they're there. Is there anyway to do this?"

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I want to be able to send iMessages/SMS messages via my PC.

How do you do this?

(Apart from running a VNC server on the phone.)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I want to be able to send iMessages/SMS messages via my PC. I want my freedom! :negative:
Yeah like the guy above asked, what does this?

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Google Voice lets you send SMS, but I don't know about iMessage.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Zigmidge posted:

And about a million other things? What do you think your post serves to do?

It's basically the only major tweak not already implemented by apple? I mean every other thing is basically spergy android poo poo at this point?

Fake clockup and auxo and all that are cool and all but I hardly think they're worth the amount of work/waiting for jailbreaks. I mean I've been jail breaking since you could swipe to jailbreak and my install list has dwindled from a million things to basically bitesms and glasklart.

Edit: oh google voice and tethering too.

Fiki
Dec 5, 2006
You mean Gumbercules? I love that guy!
Not having jailbreak on my iPad with iOS 7 when it first comes out won't be a dealbreaker for me but I'll definitely miss XBMC and f.lux which are the only things I even bother installing anymore.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Shmoogy posted:

Those two apps were addressed in iOS 7 but unfortunately they took five steps back with the calendar, folders, and notification center IMO (granted it is still in beta but these are unlikely to be changed before release.) Those and a few other nitpicky things have sent me back to 6 until I can re-jailbreak this thing.

I have at least 20 jb apps and tweaks that I have come to base my usage around. I'm sure jailbroken iOS 7 will be very nice though once/if everything is ported over.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

~Coxy posted:

How do you do this?

(Apart from running a VNC server on the phone.)

"Remote Messages":

http://www.remotemessages.com/

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

It's basically the only major tweak not already implemented by apple? I mean every other thing is basically spergy android poo poo at this point?

NoLockscreen :colbert:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Fake clockup and auxo and all that are cool and all but I hardly think they're worth the amount of work/waiting for jailbreaks. I mean I've been jail breaking since you could swipe to jailbreak and my install list has dwindled from a million things to basically bitesms and glasklart.

Edit: oh google voice and tethering too.

You're right.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Irealsms and bitesms are worth a jailbreak on their own and I don't know why apple hasn't implemented something like it

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
Apparently I get to completely miss iOS 6.x. I'm on an iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1. Appears I can't do jack in regards to upgrading it. I only use a couple tweaks, and hopefully iOS 7 has them. Mainly transparent icons down the center for my wallpapers, swiping the top bar for SBSettings along with the extra info at the top, more icons at the bottom. And MxTube is handy.

Will an unjailbroken iOS 7 let me do similar stuff?

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

DominusDeus posted:

Apparently I get to completely miss iOS 6.x. I'm on an iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1. Appears I can't do jack in regards to upgrading it. I only use a couple tweaks, and hopefully iOS 7 has them. Mainly transparent icons down the center for my wallpapers, swiping the top bar for SBSettings along with the extra info at the top, more icons at the bottom. And MxTube is handy.

No, also your wallpaper is blurry as gently caress because it's low res

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Friend just got a iPad mini and it came with 6.1.3. Still possible to downgrade without shsh blobs?

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Sh4 posted:

No, also your wallpaper is blurry as gently caress because it's low res

It's 1920x1080 and slightly zoomed in. It looks fine on the retina display.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

teknetik posted:

Friend just got a iPad mini and it came with 6.1.3. Still possible to downgrade without shsh blobs?

Nope.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
That girl looks surprised to see you while shredding a guitar

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

teknetik posted:

I don't think it has ever been possible to downgrade without blobs [since they were introduced]. As far as I know it's even impossible to restore to the same firmware without blobs, or even with if you're on a newer device.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

DominusDeus posted:

The only thing iOS 7 will let you do is a SBSettings-style command center which you get by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. For the rest, you'd still need to jailbreak.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
There's an app out called Punggyeong that let's you pick a folder from your photos to cycle thru for wallpapers. Works infinitely better than bosspaper ever did.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

Na'at posted:

There's an app out called Punggyeong that let's you pick a folder from your photos to cycle thru for wallpapers. Works infinitely better than bosspaper ever did.

Does it come with a sample set of North Korean propaganda wallpapers?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Na'at posted:

This is outstanding. I'd been looking for a tweak to use with those awesome Calvin and Hobbes photo wallpapers, and now, I have one!

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Does it come with a sample set of North Korean propaganda wallpapers?

I was going to come up with some kinda witty reply: Now I'm just going to crop some propaganda to fit my phone.

http://aibob.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/anti-america-north-korea-propaganda-posters/

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Well poop, I finally decide to jailbreak my iPad 2 and it looks like 6.1.3 is unbreakable. Is that basically true? I'm having a really hard time discerning "good" ipad jailbreaking sites from ones that want to kind of rape my computer.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like that was answered last page. Great!

turn it up TURN ME ON fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 13, 2013

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

DominusDeus posted:

This is incredibly shameful and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm leaving the jailbreak world and I'm incredibly sad. I cracked my camera though and my Applecare is almost up and I need to get a clean phone I can sell. It's been a nice ride, fingers crossed the iOS7 jailbreak comes at a decent time.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

LOL

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fiki
Dec 5, 2006
You mean Gumbercules? I love that guy!

Tori CMOS posted:

Are we talking about the background or the Drudge Report app? :rimshot:

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Tori CMOS posted:

Oh no, someone on the Internet with a different opinion than you! :iceburn: on your part, right?

Is this better?

All in good fun

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

DominusDeus posted:

Oh no, someone on the Internet with a different opinion than you! :iceburn: on your part, right?

Is this better?

All in good fun

I know I'd be less embarrassed to have that background if someone got ahold of my iPad.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

benisntfunny posted:

I know I'd be less embarrassed to have that background if someone got ahold of my iPad.

I'd be too pissed off to give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005
I guess I'm giving up my jailbreak for the time being. Power button on my 5 is starting to get really fussy, so I'm taking it in to presumably swap tomorrow. Whats the easiest way to un-jailbreak? If I do a full backup through iTunes then restore will I end up with all the apps, settings, and data (apart from music) that I have now?

• Locked thread