Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

We have a colorblind rogue who is really awful at colored circles and also forgets his platform assignment on Regulos.

I'm red-green blind and the floor aoe on Goloch is near-invisible to me :v:

(also regulos aoes but i just follow the stack there)

It's not really a rogue problem though, more of a Trion game design problem.

\/\/ Ohhhhh

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Kreczor posted:

You are a horrible human being.

Why are you agreeing with him?

KaneTW posted:

I'm red-green blind and the floor aoe on Goloch is near-invisible to me :v:

(also regulos aoes but i just follow the stack there)

It's not really a rogue problem though, more of a Trion game design problem.

I got this one, Zoness was just amused about the fact that there happen to be two colorblind people in guilds he participates in that happen to be rogues (thus why he specified your main being mage).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Oh, poo poo. Thought he was trying to say that he wasn't a horrible human being. I edited the post.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Actually I'll grant Trion the point that they've done a good job of making the game better for colorblindness in general since they for the most part haven't recycled the Separate Red and Green or Die mechanic on Maelforge.

They do need to learn what contrast is though. Salvarola has this problem slightly but Red on Red is really cool on Ultane. Also White on White for HM Gelidra. I think they might have learned this a little but who knows what the actual color of fight floors on the new 20 mans will be since they're housed in ID on the PTS.

I miss when things like Heat Funnel were Red on Green and easy to see.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Doesn't WoW have a colorblind mode? I wish Rift had that (I never played WoW so I don't know how effective it is there)

Then again, Gamebryo. It'll probably kill itself the moment it's asked to do something more complicated.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Puri changes coming to the PTS:

Kervik;4432926 posted:

Hey all,

Couple more Purifier updates for you. These should be out with the next update to PTS:
  • Buffs procced by Sign of Anticipation, Sign of Daring, Sign of Faith and Sign of Wrath can now stack with each other. A cleric may still only have one of the proccing buffs active at a time.
  • Ward of Flame ticks now apply a stacking buff to the caster, reducing the cast time of Ward of Fire by 0.5s and its mana cost by 5% per stack. Max 6 stacks.

Another change I'm currently looking at is removing Fire Nova and going back to a variation on Premonition. Basically it would be along the lines of what several of you have suggested. Cast it and then the next Ward you cast would be reapplied the next 3 times or so the target is damaged. Given the current setup of the soul this would probably only apply to Ward of Fire and Ward of Scorching.

Bolding mine, now we're cooking... with gasfire.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Doesn't WoW have a colorblind mode? I wish Rift had that (I never played WoW so I don't know how effective it is there)

Then again, Gamebryo. It'll probably kill itself the moment it's asked to do something more complicated.

So far as I can remember colorblind mode in WoW just added some icons to loot rarity and some other small quality of life changes, I don't think it did anything to circles or whatever that might pop up. It's been years since I turned it on out of curiosity when it was first implemented though so I could be wrong.

WoW did briefly have a really cool mod that would throw down super bright colored circles of your choice during AoEs, though. Of course it was immediately patched to be impossible to actually use because people were coloring literally everything bosses did that you might need to move for so it was deemed an exploit mod. I still think it was really useful for the whole colorblind thing, though.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Edit: Never mind, just read the forums.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daerc posted:

New patch yay

quote:

QUESTS
* Meridian: Quantum Possibilities - text now references correct, discounted, price for the Quantum Sight Ascended Power
I put in a ticket for this :unsmith:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I'm going to play Diaspora tonight. Good luck with EE!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

I'm going to play Diaspora tonight. Good luck with EE!

On the flip side, my schedule just opened up! I'll have the time to raid tonight and possibly GA tomorrow if I stay on track.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

god drat the new dyes are gorgeous: http://www.riftscene.com/reports/apothecary-now-has-42-new-dyes-a-preview-of-some/

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Uh, I thought we weren't teasing the colorblind anymore.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

StumblyWumbly posted:

Uh, I thought we weren't teasing the colorblind anymore.
They're teasing themselves:

Zoness posted:

Is butt really a color.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

deimos posted:

A pug getting Kyzan is loving impressive, how many pick up spots and what guild ran it?

Three or four of us were pickups, all DPS. I can't for the life of me remember the guild or anyone that was in it. One of the pickups was named Xcooby, I remember him because he kept invading my personal space on Kaliban. The main tank and raid leader had a fairly long name, and the offtank was named like Butui or Betui, something like that. gently caress. Guild name was one word, started with a C. It was a bunch of kiwis that got annoyed when I called them Aussies.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Keshik posted:

Three or four of us were pickups, all DPS. I can't for the life of me remember the guild or anyone that was in it. One of the pickups was named Xcooby, I remember him because he kept invading my personal space on Kaliban. The main tank and raid leader had a fairly long name, and the offtank was named like Butui or Betui, something like that. gently caress. Guild name was one word, started with a C. It was a bunch of kiwis that got annoyed when I called them Aussies.

Coriolis? Probably an alt run (they cleared Ultane a while ago), was the MT Primalhunger?

edit: wait... offtank? Personal space on Kaliban? wut.

deimos fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 8, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Keshik posted:

It was a bunch of kiwis that got annoyed when I called them Aussies.

Well yeah, why the hell would you do that?

Also what the gently caress is personal space in the context of Kaliban or in Rift in General, aside from Downpour mechanics?

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Does anyone in guild have the Lustrous Recondite Runeshard recipe before I go and try and get one from a pubbie?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

marhom posted:

Does anyone in guild have the Lustrous Recondite Runeshard recipe before I go and try and get one from a pubbie?

Maybe let me log in and check, hold the pubphone.

edit: yes, send me a tell ingame: Bufus

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 8, 2013

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

deimos posted:

Coriolis? Probably an alt run (they cleared Ultane a while ago), was the MT Primalhunger?

edit: wait... offtank? Personal space on Kaliban? wut.

Yeah! That's them!

Sorry, personal space on Kyzan. Derp. Kaliban was easy, got him in two pulls. Wiped once cause a healer got tagged by the LOS'd AOE.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
The credit prices for the runes don't make much sense to me. $0.31 for the seal runes in credits at $5 per 750. Where as the two ring runes are $19.20 and $32.40 at $5 per 750 credits.

Edit: Anyone know where you can buy the digital edition of Storm Legion?

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 8, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SlayVus posted:

The credit prices for the runes don't make much sense to me. $0.31 for the seal runes in credits at $5 per 750. Where as the two ring runes are $19.20 and $32.40 at $5 per 750 credits.

Edit: Anyone know where you can buy the digital edition of Storm Legion?

My only response to this is the Ring runes are brand spanking new.

edit: Not saying it isn't a little extreme, but they are the really new.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's probably just a bug.

az
Dec 2, 2005

The main goon guild is still on deepwood correct? The op says both factions can join the guild. Does that mean they can also raid together? If not, which one is the primary goon guild faction?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

az posted:

The main goon guild is still on deepwood correct? The op says both factions can join the guild. Does that mean they can also raid together? If not, which one is the primary goon guild faction?

Yes, both factions can raid together, and yes, the goon guild is on Deepwood. I have no idea whether there are more defiants or guardians though :v:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Rianeva posted:

Yes, both factions can raid together, and yes, the goon guild is on Deepwood. I have no idea whether there are more defiants or guardians though :v:

Defiants by far. I think I'm the only guardian at 60, or at least I was for awhile.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kreczor posted:

Defiants by far. I think I'm the only guardian at 60, or at least I was for awhile.
Yeah, just scrolling through the roster there's waaaaaay more Defiant logos in there.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

anthonypants posted:

Yeah, just scrolling through the roster there's waaaaaay more Defiant logos in there.

Speaking as someone who within the last two weeks has made over 30 characters to 15th, The Defiant Starter area is best, however I usually find more CONSISTENT random IA groups in Guardian zones.

Not that it matters much now, you can just race change or faction change for mere pennies on the dollar.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

This is mostly because originally this was a defiant guild, before you could have both factions together. Majority of goons who played then were defiant. That and the fact that defiants are way cooler as a faction.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tairon posted:

This is mostly because originally this was a defiant guild, before you could have both factions together. Majority of goons who played then were defiant. That and the fact that defiants are way cooler as a faction.

Look man you can be an ugly religious zealot or you can be a beautiful bahmi Kelari terminator.

Your choice.

Female Kelari best Kelari

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

Look man you can be an ugly religious zealot or you can be a beautiful bahmi Kelari terminator.

Your choice.

Female Kelari best Kelari

I came back from the future to kill Regulos transform into a fox that might possibly have a minutely smaller aggro radius than my normal form.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When storm legion was first a thing I abandoned my level 50 raid geared defiants to level a fresh guardian cleric to 60, just because I could. Of course I've never raided with it or heck, even done any of the new dungeons yet. One day I'll get around to it I suppose.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I use my racial as kelari all the time for IAs. Kelari looks like darkelves and they are hot - case closed. :colbert:

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 8, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

I came back from the future to kill Regulos transform into a fox that might possibly have a minutely smaller aggro radius than my normal form.

To be fair, for a while Dwarves did have a more useless racial than Kelari.

High Elves get the sweet tumbling animation and awesome 2H animations that Kelari have with a much better racial, at the cost of looking like dorks.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Zoness posted:

To be fair, for a while Dwarves did have a more useless racial than Kelari.

High Elves get the sweet tumbling animation and awesome 2H animations that Kelari have with a much better racial, at the cost of looking like dorks.

And this is why you come back from a doomed future to save the world, not from a victorious past to act like an asshat. :colbert:

Not for nothing, Guardians, but from you guys came Kain and Alsbeth, just sayin' you got alot to answer for.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Shadowmorn posted:

And this is why you come back from a doomed future to save the world, not from a victorious past to act like an asshat. :colbert:

A whole parallel world doomed, just so I can look pretty. I'm okay with it.

Gravenkraft
Oct 31, 2009
I just started playing yesterday as a mage, and Its really cool. I really love the soul tree. I'm in as Krang, the Kelari.

az
Dec 2, 2005

When about does the NA server update? I logged in to the euro server earlier and updated there and since then I can't get back to the NA server. It warns me that if I connect I'll have to redownload everything :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

az posted:

When about does the NA server update? I logged in to the euro server earlier and updated there and since then I can't get back to the NA server. It warns me that if I connect I'll have to redownload everything :(

The weekly update normally goes out at 8am pacific/11am eastern on Wednesdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh man this is fantastic news for Rift and Archeage:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/08/08/scott-hartsman-returns-to-trion-takes-ceo-role/

quote:

Scott Hartsman has returned to Trion, this time as CEO.

"We're going to rapidly be laying the groundwork for a new strategy for Trion -- one that's closer to the foundation of how we've had our wins so far, and then extending that base into the enduring success this company can, and will, be," he said, according to a company press release.

Hartsman previously served as chief creative officer on RIFT. He succeeds Lars Buttler, who remains a Trion board member.

• Locked thread