Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BrainDance posted:

I think the father is the one who sort of gets the kids by default instead of the mother like in America. So it sort of just ends up that way.

I'm gonna put a disclaimer here about my past couple posts before anyone jumps on me. I'm not asking you guys for advice necessarily, I'm just venting and, I dunno seemed like we weren't having much conversation so it's something to talk about.

I'm not talking to any of my irl friends about this one, because even I don't feel like telling people I know "hey guys, guess what? Turns out I'm a home wrecker now."

Oh yeah, the only time I ever told my story was a year afterwords, when I moved across the ocean, and on an internet comedy forum. I feel ya brah. Ain't no much shame in this circle of trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

BrainDance posted:

I'm not talking to any of my irl friends about this one, because even I don't feel like telling people I know "hey guys, guess what? Turns out I'm a home wrecker now."

Probably a wise move. Also, don't let the husband find out. You can sue for infidelity here, and he can go after both you and her.

It's not very common, but a foreigner up on those charges against a Korean man isn't going to fare very well.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

The Bible posted:

Probably a wise move. Also, don't let the husband find out. You can sue for infidelity here, and he can go after both you and her.

It's not very common, but a foreigner up on those charges against a Korean man isn't going to fare very well.

Ayep

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/17/ok-sori-south-korean-actr_n_151671.html

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Got a 12h layover in Seoul. Was thinking of taking a transit tour.

Anyone have experience with them?

I did a bit of research online and notice HanaTour offers a free tour and a $50 tour through two different websites? The tours itself seem identical but one provides lunch for $50 and the other is free. They look like almost the same company.

http://www.hanatourintl.com/_english/02_travelservice_view.php?idx=83&goods=7

http://www.hanatouritc.com/english/html/02_transit_tours/07_highlight.html

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Welp, BrainDance, I take back what I said about you making it up and I apologize. That poo poo it nuts and I wish you all the luck in the world in getting out clean. :smith:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

lol internet. posted:

Got a 12h layover in Seoul. Was thinking of taking a transit tour.

Anyone have experience with them?

I did a bit of research online and notice HanaTour offers a free tour and a $50 tour through two different websites? The tours itself seem identical but one provides lunch for $50 and the other is free. They look like almost the same company.

http://www.hanatourintl.com/_english/02_travelservice_view.php?idx=83&goods=7

http://www.hanatouritc.com/english/html/02_transit_tours/07_highlight.html

Any advice or recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

Same company afaik. Both courses are similar but $50 one seems slightly better off.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it's just me but the last thing on my mind when getting off a plane I was just stuck on for hours would be getting onto a bus for hours.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

Cameron posted:

Maybe it's just me but the last thing on my mind when getting off a plane I was just stuck on for hours would be getting onto a bus for hours.

I guess you can put it that way.. the bus ride is only 5 hours and you get to see stuff. Afterwards, you can grab a shower before your next flight.

My other alternative would be go to every duty free store for the next 12 hours in the airport. Never been to Seoul, so I'd like to see a little bit of it if possible heh.

Aesis posted:

Same company afaik. Both courses are similar but $50 one seems slightly better off.
Thanks, will probably book the free one since I'm low on funds.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

If you have a 12h layover in Seoul, taking a quick tour is no problem. Take two hours for transport in/out of Seoul, two hours for comfortably going through customs again and spend the rest drinking makgeolli and going to cat cafes.

Or see the historical stuff, idk.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So everyone told me to expect everything I loved about my hometown to be charred wreckage but literally everything is exactly how I left it. There isn't a single noteworthy buisness within ten miles of home that has changed and I could have been gone a week by looking around. Aparently suburban Southern Ohio is recession proof. Even all my old hole in the wall ethnic places are still around. Only real difference anymore is the Cincinnati Airport is a shell of what it was.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

lol internet. posted:

My other alternative would be go to every duty free store for the next 12 hours in the airport. Never been to Seoul, so I'd like to see a little bit of it if possible heh.

I'm pretty sure the airport has both a jimgil bang (spa) and a movie theater. Just do those two things and that is pretty much Korea in a nutshell. I don't know if there is Korean BBQ in the airport either but if there is do that too and those three things will turn you into a bonefide Korean expert.

Also, going back to Korea in three weeks and I can't wait for that sweet sweet screen golf action.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Well thank you guys for your support but as of this morning I am completely hosed.

I told her not to, to think about things and not rush anything, to think about her kid but nope, she dropped the bomb on her husband last night.

And I feel like a complete jackass.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

BrainDance posted:

I told her not to, to think about things and not rush anything, to think about her kid but nope, she dropped the bomb on her husband last night.

drat, son.
"The bomb" being she wants a divorce or he's been cuckolded by a dirty AIDS-infested foreigner?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Divorce. I guess he went through her kakaotalk but she says she deleted everything that looked bad. She missed something where she says how she doesn't love him though.

And it's like, I wanna bail so much but I can't you know? This is, unintentionally, sorta my mess.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

BrainDance posted:

Divorce. I guess he went through her kakaotalk but she says she deleted everything that looked bad. She missed something where she says how she doesn't love him though.

And it's like, I wanna bail so much but I can't you know? This is, unintentionally, sorta my mess.

I look forward to your wedding.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

BrainDance posted:

Oh yes you can.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Eh, it's not your mess, it's her mess. It sounds like she is a mess and was already a mess. Sure, you can't just change your number and move (well actually...), but hitching your wagon to this crazytrain doesn't sound like an option. Whatever was going on with her life was going on before you played touch pee-pee with her. You just gave her an out and she took it.

You can still be a human being about things, obviously, but as she's going through a lot of drama and also creating a huge amount of drama for everyone around her I wouldn't expect it to matter much, frankly.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just cut off contact, dude. Seriously.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Yeah, but if you don't, please keep posting updates here!

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Come on now, it's not the first time an unpleasant abortion has caused a divorce.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Has anyone had experience with rooting an Android phone here? If I can't sell this expensive rear end thing I'd at least like it to work well.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I seriously urge you to walk out. That's her problem not yours.

...Unless you want to marry her.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

frozenpeas posted:

Come on now, it's not the first time an unpleasant abortion has caused a divorce.

Who said anything about an abortion?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

joedevola posted:

Has anyone had experience with rooting an Android phone here? If I can't sell this expensive rear end thing I'd at least like it to work well.

Get outta here with that stupid phone poo poo. We got bona fide drama in here!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Cameron posted:

Just cut off contact, dude. Seriously.

I don't want to turn this into too much of an E/N thing but I just can't. I gotta find a way to ride this one out. I don't want to feel like more of a scumbag.

It would not end quietly either if I did that.

rolecks
Apr 12, 2013

joedevola posted:

I rooted my old rear end Galaxy Ace without any issue. I was able to then remove a lot of the crap SK put on there. With only 175mb of onboard storage every little bit counts. My kindys make fun of my phone too...

Are you trying to get rid of a phone btw? My gf is looking for a smartphone for our last year here.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

BrainDance posted:

I don't want to turn this into too much of an E/N thing but I just can't. I gotta find a way to ride this one out. I don't want to feel like more of a scumbag.

Have you knocked her up? If not then eject, it really only gets worse.

[edit] Just to expand on this. I wouldn't worry about being a scumbag, she was the one that concealed information from you. Your decisions were made with much less information than hers. She knowingly put you at legal risk, and incurred liability on your behalf. That's enough reason to be able to leave with a clean conscience.

Wibbleman fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 9, 2013

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

joedevola posted:

Which phone?

BrainDance posted:

I don't want to turn this into too much of an E/N thing but I just can't. I gotta find a way to ride this one out.

Pack your bags and move away.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
Ooh pulling out the lurkers.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Insert pulling out joke here.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

BrainDance posted:

I've watched you post in here since you have started posting in here, and very rarely has following your instinct ended well for you.

Seriously, there is no way this one ends smoothly for you, and you could very well ruin your life on this one, and someone else's.

Seriously, you need to walk away from this one. You can literally be sued here, and you don't stand much of a chance in court against the Korean father whose wife you slept with.

Wibbleman posted:

[edit] Just to expand on this. I wouldn't worry about being a scumbag, she was the one that concealed information from you. Your decisions were made with much less information than hers. She knowingly put you at legal risk, and incurred liability on your behalf. That's enough reason to be able to leave with a clean conscience.

This. You really are at legal risk here, as well as the risk of some dude showing up to beat the poo poo out of you. And that really is the sort of thing that happens to you, way more often than it probably should.

There is no way to "ride this one out". The longer you wait, the more explosive the Denouement is going to be.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 9, 2013

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Put it this way. If you knew she was married but still hit on her, that makes you a scumbag. But since you did not know she was married (concealed from you), that doesn't make you a scumbag even if you walk away. And since you never suggested divorce, she's the one who needs to sort the poo poo out not you.

Would you rather be stuck with somebody who intentionally hid various stuff from you (trust is an issue here as well) and now made your life harder by dropping the divorce bomb on you and her husband, or walk away? I'd just walk away. I didn't sign up for that poo poo.

Seriously, take the advice from people here and walk away. It will do you more good than harm.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

joedevola posted:

I just did my sky phone (pantech) and had to brave a bunch of vietnamese websites to do it. If it's a Samsung I'd imagine it'd be way easier. Google the name of your phone and "xda" and you should find plenty of meguk threads.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

This. You really are at legal risk here, as well as the risk of some dude showing up to beat the poo poo out of you. And that really is the sort of thing that happens to you, way more often than it probably should.

I see another option here. Hit the gym and bulk up with montage-level gainz. When he comes for the beating it will only be his own.
She needs a hero, dude.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
If you're unwilling to change your phone number and move, you could start sitting in front of your condo building all day wearing brown shorts and no shirt and drinking soju while staring blankly at people who walk by. Then, anytime she shows up, refuse to move and demand that she go buy you more soju. It is what corporate overlords might call an outside the box solution.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rolecks posted:

I rooted my old rear end Galaxy Ace without any issue. I was able to then remove a lot of the crap SK put on there. With only 175mb of onboard storage every little bit counts. My kindys make fun of my phone too...

Are you trying to get rid of a phone btw? My gf is looking for a smartphone for our last year here.

Sorry to threadshit but I have a Galaxy Ace I don't need. Perfect condition. PM me or email.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

ReindeerF posted:

If you're unwilling to change your phone number and move, you could start sitting in front of your condo building all day wearing brown shorts and no shirt and drinking soju while staring blankly at people who walk by. Then, anytime she shows up, refuse to move and demand that she go buy you more soju. It is what corporate overlords might call an outside the box solution.

Don't forget to tell her to bring some money too!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I'm not asking for advice, or anything like that (but I am thinking about everything you guys said so thank you.) Just not going out or anything tonight so I'm putting this here entirely for you guy's entertainment. Maybe you'll get some enjoyment out of staring into the abyss.

And so, selected Kakaotalk excerpts.
http://i.imgur.com/QJReUNB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lxBIRLy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PJcHtso.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4TxlDo4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/utPNc1h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EY1yssL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VIdendQ.jpg

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Does the cut off bubble at the bottom of the third image end with, "in the naked city."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ok, so you're not looking for advice. Still, I have to ask, what makes you think sticking around is going to work out any better for you? She was willing to ditch her own kid for you. Can you live up to that? Can you ensure she won't regret it and blame you later?

Would you even want to?

Seriously, let's say you do stick with her. What's the plan? You already said you want out. So string her along for awhile, then dump her when it will hurt even more? Marry her out of obligation?

You've made a lot of funny bad decisions here, and we all thank you for that, but this one has the potential to ruin 2 lives other than your own, 3 if you count the poor kid. Don't gently caress this one up.

• Locked thread