Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I looked up this French-vacuum cooking thing

Conclusion: lol this is some dumb bullshit just use a grill

Addendum: lol if your poor hipster apartment won't let you grill because of its highly flammable bespoke antique artisan rotting wood frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rexicon1 posted:

highly flammable bespoke antique artisan rotting wood

you just gave me an idea for a Kickstarter.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
i thought it was dumb hipster poo poo for a while, but then i tried it

first attempt was the best lemon-basil chicken ive ever had goddamn

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Rexicon1 posted:

Addendum: lol if your poor hipster apartment won't let you grill because of its highly flammable bespoke antique artisan rotting wood frame.

lol yeh if you live in any place older than 10 years kill youself idiot

tear down the old build up the new

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i thought it was dumb hipster poo poo for a while, but then i tried it

first attempt was the best lemon-basil chicken ive ever had goddamn

id try it if i had room in my life for another kitchen gadget i will use a few times and forget about

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

all these new cooking techniques are not authentic & oldschool enough for the bespoke antique artisan rotting wood frame type

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

does the usps allow you to ship live termites y/n

how about termite eggs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
then sell the dead ones as a green diet supplement

bugs are more efficient guys wave of the future

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kickstarter 1 cubic centimeter of live organic dirt to be steeped and made into a tea. may contain one or more of the following insects, insect larvae, fertilizer, insecticide, round-up and pebbles. for an extra $100 it comes in its own bespoke paper envelope.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Rexicon1 posted:

alternatively, my apartment complex only allows propane grilling but gently caress that poo poo i might as well just cook on the stove

we have a charcoal grill anyway. gently caress the man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

propane grilling the silliest kind of grilling

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Al! posted:

does the usps allow you to ship live termites y/n

how about termite eggs

there're a bajillion websites that sell live insects (cockroaches etc) to feed to pet lizards. dunno bout termites specifically though

speaking of cockroaches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rp4V3Sj5jE

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/backyardbrains/the-roboroach-control-a-living-insect-from-your-sm

coffeetable fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 8, 2013

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WorkingPeer posted:

whats it like not being able to feed you are self?

Pretty good, you get a steak done in less than an hour and don't have to plan what to eat a week in advance.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Hasters posted:

Pretty good, you get a well done steak done in a half hour and don't have the mental capacity to plan what to eat a week in advance.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

lol if you suck so bad you can't grill a steak without overcooking it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

there's a difference between a well-maintained (or even half-assedly maintained) old house, and a dilapidated wreck that's only getting worse because the broke-rear end retired portland youth think the decay is "charming"

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

there's a difference between a well-maintained (or even half-assedly maintained) old house, and a dilapidated wreck that's only getting worse because the broke-rear end retired portland youth think the decay is "charming"

well

portland

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
hey sorry i'm poor and live in a flat without a balcony so i can't grill with either propane or charcoal.

also, can your grill make this?: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/the-food-lab-deep-fried-sous-vide-36-hour-all-belly-porchetta.html

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lol no

literally every single house built after about the early-mid 80s is built to sub-grover standards

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sweevo posted:

lol no

literally every single house built after about the early-mid 80s is built to sub-grover standards

my third year in london, i lived in a flat built in 1861. was p. solid.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

lol no

so none of them have insulated stairs?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

this is an aquarium thermometer

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Chunk posted:

so none of them have insulated stairs?

someone needs to go through the grover pics and explain exactly what's wrong with everything, cause i probably know as much (well, actually way less) about building a house as him and thus can never quite tell what he did wrong when i look at the pics.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

WorkingPeer posted:

someone needs to go through the grover pics and explain exactly what's wrong with everything, cause i probably know as much (well, actually way less) about building a house as him and thus can never quite tell what he did wrong when i look at the pics.

i bet your stairs would be super cold

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

WorkingPeer posted:

"load-bearing drywall"

think about that

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sweevo posted:

sub-grover standards

mods please

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Crasscrab posted:

"load-bearing drywall"

this is literally the best summation of groverhaus in 3 words

e: second-best, technically "piece of poo poo" would be the best summation

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

grover posted:

The irony is... everything you and gleep glop just described about groverhaus were LF fakeposts. LF circlejerked so long and so hard, they started believing their own fakeposts. I posted that thread years before I was a mod, and it turned out super nice when it was done; there was nothing but praise at the time and for several years after that. The photos that LF dug up many years after that were all in-progress shots that people made fun of for looking half-done (no poo poo). There is no load-bearing drywall. The electrical is all high quality and properly installed. The windows were laid out to accommodate a large patio and pergola that hadn't been built yet. The insulation under the stairs was for acoustic dampening of footfalls. It meets all building codes and passed all building inspections. I got my PE license about 6 months after the final inspection was signed off by the city. But none of that matters because it's a meme now.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The insulation under the stairs was for acoustic dampening of footfalls.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
unlike an f-35, his house has not developed cracks and collapsed. unfortunately.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

she should try to get some redeeming qualities or talent first

"i like video games" isnt a talent

yeah p much. i liked the guild okay but it wasn't amazing or anything, and anything else i've seen her do i've thought "hey it's felicia day instead of somebody good, for some reason"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

drat i'd love to have that

plus it costs $219 shipped to aus so it seems like some sort of sign or sumpin'

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
and yeah i'm not sure sous vide steak is going to be all that great compared to something where you get some caramelization etc., but you can cook a whole bunch of stuff with that method. think crock pot, only faster, and not just for braising temperatures

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Trig Discipline posted:

and yeah i'm not sure sous vide steak is going to be all that great compared to something where you get some caramelization etc.
if you cook a steak sous vide you can never do anything else to it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeah i guess you could get some brown on it first? i've never actually used one

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i was just thinking i'd get my meat started in a hot bath and finish by getting some brown on it, but it kind of renders the bath pointless

lol 8======D ( | )

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Trig Discipline posted:

i was just thinking i'd get my meat started in a hot bath and finish by getting some brown on it, but it kind of renders the bath pointless

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Trig Discipline posted:

yeah p much. i liked the guild okay but it wasn't amazing or anything, and anything else i've seen her do i've thought "hey it's felicia day instead of somebody good, for some reason"

you were in a guild with that internet girl?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it was a sex guild, i was the dildomancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Al! posted:

propane grilling the silliest kind of grilling

not if you want to taste the meat, not the heat

• Locked thread