Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rawrbomb posted:

Where can you get a 150 dollar wii u in Canada? Because I'll go buy one this weekend.

At participating Targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Rawrbomb posted:

Where can you get a 150 dollar wii u in Canada? Because I'll go buy one this weekend.
I think it was Target, not sure if it's still going on. Walmart had a pricing error with a ton of Wii U games marked to $10 recently but that was corrected.

VaultAggie posted:

It was the target in Galveston, Texas.
Oh poo poo I thought it was a Canadian only thing :staredog:

deafmute fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 8, 2013

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
edit; nothing to see here.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 8, 2013

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party looks like it will be a supremely fun drinking game. I'll have to pick it up later this month when it's Mario Kart DUI night.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Sounds like a pricing error, will still check it out this weekend. Wife could use her own wii u.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

deadwing posted:

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party looks like it will be a supremely fun drinking game. I'll have to pick it up later this month when it's Mario Kart DUI night.

The comments section is amazing. People saying, "drunken party games to not need a console". How dare people think of games that cannot be argued as art!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The comments section is amazing. People saying, "drunken party games to not need a console". How dare people think of games that cannot be argued as art!

I love the first comment

quote:

I think this looks like an excellent modernization of Spin the Bottle for the 21st Century.

However, thankfully I'm no longer a pubescent teenager, so will be taking no part in this.

The dude's nose is so high in the air planes are flying into it. In fact a lot of comments are like that.

This looks like it could be a fun party game.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I love the first comment

The dude's nose is so high in the air planes are flying into it. In fact a lot of comments are like that.

This looks like it could be a fun party game.

Definitely. This game + a little bit of booze will be an excellent party game. This is a good alternative to Nintendoland because my friends have found that playing the Ghost Game drunk is really hard :(.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Definitely. This game + a little bit of booze will be an excellent party game. This is a good alternative to Nintendoland because my friends have found that playing the Ghost Game drunk is really hard :(.

The Ghost Game drunk is much better because the hunters have a really big advantage when they've got four people playing all of whom are sober enough to properly strategies and not wander off alone. Add alcohol into the equation and the ghost has a chance of winning more than 10% of the time.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Do all Eshop games release on all Eshop regions? I'm in Australia and can't see Spin the Bottle anywhere on the store. Will it necessarily be released here?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Everyone always forgets one thing about the Deluxe; $5 of eshop credit back for every $50 you spend until the end of 2014.

The Narrator posted:

Do all Eshop games release on all Eshop regions? I'm in Australia and can't see Spin the Bottle anywhere on the store. Will it necessarily be released here?

Mostly. The timings can be different though. The latest updates get posted in this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3518750

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Platinum is teasing some sort of surprise announcement for the end of the upcoming W101 Direct... surely it's gotta be an eShop demo, right?

The Narrator posted:

Not necessarily, no. Some devs/publishers are too cheap to shell out for an OFLC rating, which means the games aren't released in AU/NZ alongside the EU release like they usually are. This sort of thing usually only happens with shovelware but it's not uncommon.

The easiest way around this is to set up a second NNID profile with the UK or an EU country as the country of origin, which you can then use to buy things from the European eShop - not only do they have a larger catalogue, but their prices are better, too.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Platinum is teasing some sort of surprise announcement for the end of the upcoming W101 Direct... surely it's gotta be an eShop demo, right?

It's probably wishful thinking, but having Bayonetta 1 included with W101 would make sense to build hype for Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo-only gamers, and I never picked up a copy of Bayonetta so I'd be all over that.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wonder Red in Smash

deadwing posted:

It's probably wishful thinking, but having Bayonetta 1 included with W101 would make sense to build hype for Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo-only gamers, and I never picked up a copy of Bayonetta so I'd be all over that.

It'd also bump the classification of Wonderful 101 which would be detrimental to selling that game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Box of Bunnies posted:

Wonder Red in Smash

Nailed it. If that's not what it is then I'm going to be massively let down.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Box of Bunnies posted:

Wonder Red in Smash

gently caress that, stuff the entire One Double-Oh in there :unsmigghh:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Level Slide posted:

gently caress that, stuff the entire One Double-Oh in there :unsmigghh:

If it was just WonderRed, it would be a boring and dull announcement. Putting the whole crew in as one, would really cement how you need them all, and it would look cool visually.

The first smash with half circle inputs?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Put Viewtiful Joe in Smash instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quest For Glory II posted:

Put Viewtiful Joe in Smash instead.

I gotta admit, I'm wondering if Viewtiful Joe is lurking somewhere in W101. It's probably not likely due to Capcom, but you can always hope.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I gotta admit, I'm wondering if Viewtiful Joe is lurking somewhere in W101. It's probably not likely due to Capcom, but you can always hope.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I bit the bullet today and got a U off of SA Mart. I'm out of town for a few days, so I won't have time to fix the TV I use for gaming by the time I get back, and may not have time for a few days after. Is there any downside to just using the Gamepad for awhile? I'm only going to be playing Mario.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

For Mario? None at all. I played a lot of it only on the gamepad.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
It looks a bit worse than on the TV, but otherwise not really, depends on the game. Mario U loses nothing by just playing on the pad.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
All you'll be missin in Mario is the "place blocks to be a dick" mode

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Gutcruncher posted:

All you'll be missin in Mario is the "place blocks to be a dick" mode

The best of modes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wonderful 101 Blog Update #11: Go! The People Need Saving!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

deadwing posted:

Wow, that's creepy I was thinking the same thing but more along the lines of a 15-20 buck or so eshop entry to prep for it coming out. I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

Also is it just me or does this guy...

Have Captain Blue's mustache and chin?

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 9, 2013

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Clearly he is the actor that played Captain Blue in the Red Hot Trilogy, duh!

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

But there were three VJ games. Granted the third was a gimmicky DS game but it was still a third game.

I miss VJ, the first game was really fun and while I own VJ2 I've not had the chance to play it yet. I really should but I need to get my Wii U set up to play GC games first. :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Commissar Ken posted:

Wow, that's creepy I was thinking the same thing but more along the lines of a 15-20 buck or so eshop entry to prep for it coming out. I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

Also is it just me or does this guy...

Have Captain Blue's mustache and chin?

Pretty sure it's international, theres a lot in this game that harkens back to their old titles. I wouldn't be suprised if the main 101s were all based off Viewtiful joe, devil may cry, bayonetta and metal gear solid rising characters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gutcruncher posted:

Clearly he is the actor that played Captain Blue in the Red Hot Trilogy, duh!

This is Captain Blue as Movie Director Blue

:tinfoil:

Pixeltendo posted:

Pretty sure it's international, there's a lot in this game that harkens back to their old titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the main 101s were all based off Viewtiful joe, devil may cry, bayonetta and metal gear solid rising characters.

Wonder Pink's got Bayonetta's hair and Matilda's spiked whip from Anarchy Reigns, so it's pretty likely there'll be a few more.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

If there's a psychotic cyborg ninja in this game...well, I'm already 100% confident I'll love TW101, so that'd bump it up to about 200%.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Will digital games run off an SD card or do they need an external USB drive?

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

AllisonByProxy posted:

Will digital games run off an SD card or do they need an external USB drive?

External USB, sd cards only work for save data, etc.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Probably not Wonder Red in Smash, then.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Rawrbomb posted:

External USB, sd cards only work for save data, etc.

and Wii Shop Channel downloads.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Since it isnt during the W101 direct my money's on Bayonetta 1 port, or perhaps even Metal Gear Rising port.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Box of Bunnies posted:

Probably not Wonder Red in Smash, then.

Wonderful 101 Red Hot Rumble.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Gutcruncher posted:

Since it isnt during the W101 direct my money's on Bayonetta 1 port, or perhaps even Metal Gear Rising port.

If a Bayonetta 1 port is made I'll have no reason to get the PS3 version, that would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

If a Bayonetta 1 port is made I'll have no reason to get the PS3 version, that would be nice.

The PS3 version was pretty bad compared to the 360 version, what with the framerate issues and all. If they did do a Wii U port, hopefully it won't be as bad as the PS3 version.

• Locked thread