Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

One and the Same posted:

Oh shoot, shouldn't have spent it all on scratchers. :sweatdrop:
Easy ways to get more FUN.

Send 10 good jobs to friends everyday for 50 FUN a day.
Login Bonuses range from 100 to 200 FUN depending on consecutive days.
Take 10 friend/public NPCs on short Za Oodan runs for another 100 FUN a day.
Put your friend NPC on public registry, you get a small amount of FUN if other people use your NPC.

You'll get that chair within a week.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Chairs are classified as lobby actions, if anyone cares, and it's a different one for each color. The text strings are /la chair_[ship ID], ie; Skyly, Redria, etc. I grabbed Bluefull, since that was the ship ID of my first PSO character way back when.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Awesome, thanks. Went ahead and registered my friend partner, gonna get that Viridia chair if it kills me.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Yellowboze represent.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, we're in need of team space so yet another round of inactives, suspected or otherwise, have to be cut. This time will be a little more aggressive, so there might be a few in error here. The following Player IDs have been affected:

Liverslapper
Silenced Parrot
Petey J
Petey (There are two peteys, I don't recall seeing either so if you still play, please contact a regular to get back in.)
Ryokashi
Saganomics
Turkeybro
Clark Mark IV
Death By Karma
Dominic White
Onorai
kirren
kylo
Neonight
Neurolimal
Mazreal
metasynthetic
Newo
blazezero
Lork
Tuxedo Catfish (declared resignation)

As always, you can come back anytime, just gotta keep the ranks open.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 11, 2013

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Alright, we're in need of team space so yet another round of inactives, suspected or otherwise, have to be cut. This time will be a little more aggressive, so there might be a few in error here. The following Player IDs have been affected:

Liverslapper
Silenced Parrot
Petey J
Petey (There are two peteys, I don't recall seeing either so if you still play, please contact a regular to get back in.)
Ryokashi
Saganomics
Turkeybro
Clark Mark IV
Death By Karma
Dominic White
Onorai
kirren
kylo
Neonight
Neurolimal
Mazreal
metasynthetic
Newo
blazezero
Lork

As always, you can come back anytime, just gotta keep the ranks open.

What's the level spread like for everyone on the team? Pretty much all at or close to 60? I only just hit 20 today.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
I'm twenty-two! A lot of players are higher level but there's a group of us in hard mode.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
You can also buy the chairs off the playershop. On ship 2 earlier yesterday, some were under 500k meseta depending on color. Its certainly a better choice to spend easy to get meseta over a time restricted currency like FUN points. Of course, this isn't a problem for people with premium, hence why 2500 FUN is worth as little as 500k.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Aenslaed posted:

On ship 2 earlier yesterday, some were under 500k meseta depending on color. Its certainly a better choice to spend easy to get meseta over a time restricted currency like FUN points.

Uh, if someone's having trouble building up 2500 FUN, chances are they're going to struggle with 500k meseta, too.

Late edit: Keep an eye out for the amazing Brocolli Man. He really made Beach Wars special

:swoon:

At the same time, PSE BURST! CROSS BURST! CROSS BU-CROSS BURST!

:staredog:

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 9, 2013

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
First time I ever got something truly worthwhile during a rare boost day. \o/

Game's trying really really hard to get me to play Fighter more.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Fighting Beat looks cool and has cool sound effects, it's just a shame that it's a hell of a lot easier to grind up element on Orava Core or Rubeus Ration once you're capable of running AQs. That's a failing for a lot of 10 star weapons, really.

In unrelated news, next Wednesday's (8/14) maintenance has been cancelled. Why or when it will be rescheduled are unknown.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Edoraz posted:

I'm twenty-two! A lot of players are higher level but there's a group of us in hard mode.

I'm only 29 and I'll do low level stuff with yall when I'm not busy

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Edoraz posted:

Hey edo, I'm rolling my Ranger/gunner up now and I'm lv23/40. Let me know when you're wanna do some hard mode, I need practice weak bullet'ing everything.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
Sounds good, I'm a night owl, though, to be honest.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Protocol 5 posted:

In unrelated news, next Wednesday's (8/14) maintenance has been cancelled. Why or when it will be rescheduled are unknown.

They want the servers up for Obon week so people get playing and paying.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Edoraz posted:

Sounds good, I'm a night owl, though, to be honest.

That's okay, my character is an insomniac. :fyadride:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I know that an optimal subclass for braver would probably be fighter or ranger, but has anyone had any success subbing force? I've kind of been toying with the idea of spreading the stats on my mag 3:1 between S-Attack and T-Attack and just kind of shunting bows off to the side in favor of techs. I can still use it for long range pokes and lots of AOE. Also, Resta is nice to have on hand.

Again, probably sub-optimal, but it sounds like fun. :kiddo:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

One and the Same posted:

I know that an optimal subclass for braver would probably be fighter or ranger, but has anyone had any success subbing force? I've kind of been toying with the idea of spreading the stats on my mag 3:1 between S-Attack and T-Attack and just kind of shunting bows off to the side in favor of techs. I can still use it for long range pokes and lots of AOE. Also, Resta is nice to have on hand.

Again, probably sub-optimal, but it sounds like fun. :kiddo:

Because of how little stats you get from your subclass, and the lack of T-ATK on virtually everything that isn't a rod/talis/wand, there's little reason to sub a casting class unless you're already maining one of the other ones. If you could even equip it, Umblla Stick would be your best bet for dealing damage, but again it would be a struggle to get enough T-ATK (requires 500): a 60/60 Br/Fo female Newman has 487 T-ATK, and to be more realistic a 45/45 Fo/Br female Newman has 424 T-ATK. Other all-class rods are considerably worse with regard to their T-ATK, and the all-class talismans that are worth using are fairly rare and require a considerable amount of Dexterity to equip (you'd have 353 at 45/45, and need 410 or 420).

As unfortunate as it is to say, Force and Techer are both pretty poo poo subs except for in the case of complementing one another. You really do basically just get the utility spells (buffs, Zondeel, Megi/Zanverse) and Resta. It's really unlikely to change the playstyle in a meaningful way since PAs and spells both use the same resource, and you'd just be doing two things poorly instead of one thing well.

e: And Braver Mag doesn't add to T-ATK so the talisman option doesn't do much to mitigate the flaws of subbing Force either.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Umberger posted:

Because of how little stats you get from your subclass, and the lack of T-ATK on virtually everything that isn't a rod/talis/wand, there's little reason to sub a casting class unless you're already maining one of the other ones. If you could even equip it, Umblla Stick would be your best bet for dealing damage, but again it would be a struggle to get enough T-ATK (requires 500): a 60/60 Br/Fo female Newman has 487 T-ATK, and to be more realistic a 45/45 Fo/Br female Newman has 424 T-ATK. Other all-class rods are considerably worse with regard to their T-ATK, and the all-class talismans that are worth using are fairly rare and require a considerable amount of Dexterity to equip (you'd have 353 at 45/45, and need 410 or 420).

As unfortunate as it is to say, Force and Techer are both pretty poo poo subs except for in the case of complementing one another. You really do basically just get the utility spells (buffs, Zondeel, Megi/Zanverse) and Resta. It's really unlikely to change the playstyle in a meaningful way since PAs and spells both use the same resource, and you'd just be doing two things poorly instead of one thing well.

e: And Braver Mag doesn't add to T-ATK so the talisman option doesn't do much to mitigate the flaws of subbing Force either.

Baw, that's unfortunate. I guess it probably doesn't help that I'm playing a Cast. Guess I'll probably sub Fighter than. :shobon:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Aug 10, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Braver is a decent alternative to Fighter as a Fo subclass, provided you match resistances and get Weak Stance Charge Up. Fighter has an edge when you have multiple non-matching elemental weaknesses, but in places like AQ Ruins or City where everything is weak to one element, you can do more damage in Weak Stance than Brave Stance, and no need to worry about facing.

Fi is a decent sub for Br, since Fi is great for single target melee damage, even as a sub, and that's one of Br's major gaps at the moment. The ridiculously fast attack speed for katana synergizes well with status effects and Chase Advance, so definitely give that some thought when affixing weapons. One drawback of Wise/Brave stance with Br is that for Kanran Kikyo, you really want to try to get surrounded for maximum effect, and that often means you'll be hitting dudes from the wrong side. The flip side of it is that since it's omnidirectional, you can run past dudes and fire it off before they can turn around, so you'll just have to pay more attention to positioning.

The benefits of subbing Hu are pretty obvious, though the fact that there's an easily acquirable, decently powerful all class Dex-to-equip option for each Hunter weapon type is a big point in its favor. Going dual stance and popping boosted Addition Bullet headshots for solid damage is also really nice.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Weak stance is for weak POINTS. I have no idea if it counts for elemental weaknesses. I'd be wary.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I've heard a lot of goons say they like/love this game or maybe it was another PSO? Anyways, why is this? It seems like a pretty standard animu mmo kind of thing so enlighten me while it downloads.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I quit and uninstalled, feel free to add me to the purge list.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Bob NewSCART posted:

I've heard a lot of goons say they like/love this game or maybe it was another PSO? Anyways, why is this? It seems like a pretty standard animu mmo kind of thing so enlighten me while it downloads.

It's got a really fun and good feeling combat system which is a far cry from the usual "click enemy, click auto-attack" style you find in a lot of anime mmo games.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

You can be a magical robot.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Katsuma posted:

It's got a really fun and good feeling combat system which is a far cry from the usual "click enemy, click auto-attack" style you find in a lot of anime mmo games.

This pretty much. It's much more action oriented than most any other MMO I can think of. In fact it really barely qualifies as an MMO, it's more of an 'online action RPG'. Every quest you do is started and ended from a single central hub, and are generally pretty quick to complete. It's the video-gamiest 'MMO' I'v ever played.

edit: Also, magic robots

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

MR. J posted:

Weak stance is for weak POINTS. I have no idea if it counts for elemental weaknesses. I'd be wary.

It's for elemental weaknesses and weak points. I don't believe it double-dips if you do both, but it definitely provides the same damage bonus to both. What's great about that is that it allows you to do high damage on things like Wondas and Cyclonehdas with Nafoie despite them not being weak to Fire.

e: JP Wiki seems to agree that it does not double-dip. But yeah Weak Stance's description specifically mentions that it does work with regard to elemental weaknesses (in the case of casting spells).

Protocol 5 posted:

Braver is a decent alternative to Fighter as a Fo subclass

He was talking about Br/Fo, not Fo/Br. :v:

Umberger fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 10, 2013

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Umberger posted:

It's for elemental weaknesses and weak points. I don't believe it double-dips if you do both, but it definitely provides the same damage bonus to both. What's great about that is that it allows you to do high damage on things like Wondas and Cyclonehdas with Nafoie despite them not being weak to Fire.

e: JP Wiki seems to agree that it does not double-dip. But yeah Weak Stance's description specifically mentions that it does work with regard to elemental weaknesses (in the case of casting spells).

He was talking about Br/Fo, not Fo/Br. :v:

Katana Wizards actually sounds pretty neat. :kiddo:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

One and the Same posted:

Katana Wizards actually sounds pretty neat. :kiddo:

Fo/Br is actually less katana wizards and more "playing Force with Weak Stance". As much as this game lets you play strong "hybrids" (Fo/Fi, X/Hu, Br/Ra) there's very seldom a time where you actually take advantage of your subclass for anything but its passive boosts to your main class. I don't think playing a true hybrid (i.e. a Ra/Hu who uses melee weapons occasionally) is really possible or practical except maaaaaaaaaybe in the case of Br/Hu with Braver Mag and a maxed DEX mag being able to use both katanas and bows in addition to the Lambda Hunter weapons, but calling that a hybrid still feels like a bit of a stretch.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Subclasses are rarely anything but stat boosts because of the terrible weapon system , and 90% of all class weapons being terrible (the other 10% are 11* and you will never ever get them)

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Tengames posted:

Subclasses are rarely anything but stat boosts because of the terrible weapon system , and 90% of all class weapons being terrible (the other 10% are 11* and you will never ever get them)
You're one to talk. How's that book you're reading? :v:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Bob NewSCART posted:

It's more like an online God Eater where two other parties can pop into some of your quests. The actual combat mechanics are pretty far removed from most MMORPGs and is extremely skill/twitch-based. It's got a lot of bullshit holding it down, and by end-game the rewards come in so slow it's really easy to get totally burnt out, but the combat is a huge saving grace for it.

PSP2i is still the better game, though.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Edit: poo poo, connection issues.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 10, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

A word of warning to anyone who wants to buy an eye-patch: it apparently doesn't conform to the size and shape of the character's head, so it may end up not covering the eye and look ridiculous.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual

Protocol 5 posted:

A word of warning to anyone who wants to buy an eye-patch: it apparently doesn't conform to the size and shape of the character's head, so it may end up not covering the eye and look ridiculous.

Well now I have to buy one...

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Does iron will stack with indomitable spirit? Are they two seperate trigger chances?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Lenaway posted:

Does iron will stack with indomitable spirit? Are they two seperate trigger chances?

They stack but it's not additive, it's multiplicative; if you had max Iron Will (75% chance) and Lv5 (currently not available in the game) Indomitable Spirit (25%) your chance of surviving a lethal attack with 1 HP left over would not be 100%, it would be 93.5%.

Keep in mind that neither one of them work if you only have 1 HP left, anyway (source)

e: additional source http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%8F%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC#vab064f7

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 11, 2013

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

Handgun Harlot posted:

They stack but it's not additive, it's multiplicative; if you had max Iron Will (75% chance) and Lv5 (currently not available in the game) Indomitable Spirit (25%) your chance of surviving a lethal attack with 1 HP left over would not be 100%, it would be 93.5%.

Keep in mind that neither one of them work if you only have 1 HP left, anyway (source)

e: additional source http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%8F%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC#vab064f7

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just ran into De Rol Le MkII yesterday and uhhh... how am I supposed to beat this guy using only Katanas? I'm trying to complete one of Azanami's Client Orders. It doesn't seem like it would be too rough if I used bows, but just about the only thing that I can think of to do with Katanas is to just spam that boomerang PA. Any other suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
You fight him at range using the deck guns on the boat, breaking parts. As you break off spines above and below with the guns his attack options begin to diminish. When he gets kinda above and behind the raft you can use the harpoon gun to snare him and drag him down to attack his opened mouth for massive damage.

Your main obstacle in trying to solo him is that when he does his BIG waterbomb attack, you generally need to break the bubble of water with multiple deck guns focusing fire.

Make sure not to overheat the deck guns. They cool down quickly so long as you don't redline them, when redlined they won't be usable for 2 minutes.

• Locked thread