Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

horriblePencilist posted:

Not even a dent in his shirt.
How does he do it?

If it's not a haunted shirt, it'll receive no damage from ghosts, spirits, and spectral energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

My perspective of Mr. Spender has really changed since his rather enigmatic introduction. I rather prefer seeing more of him like this though. :v:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wonder when Mr. Spender's cast page picture is going to be updated with his light-shurikens.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

FutonForensic posted:

My perspective of Mr. Spender has really changed since his rather enigmatic introduction. I rather prefer seeing more of him like this though. :v:

I hadn't realized how much the art's improved, wow.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Haledjian posted:

I hadn't realized how much the art's improved, wow.

While he's technically better, I like the old style better myself.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wow, what a change. :stare:

I do love the commentary in that page where a guy goes all "DUDE, THAT'S A CLICHE VILLAIN" on him. :3:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Azran posted:

I do love the commentary in that page where a guy goes all "DUDE, THAT'S A CLICHE VILLAIN" on him. :3:

What's interesting to me is how different that page feels from more recent ones even just in terms of tone. It's all vaguely ominous foreshadowing played fairly straight, and while there's definitely some of the goofy sensibility I've come to associate with Paranatural (especially in hindsight, now that we've seen Spender's true face) it's a little odd seeing Spender do the mystery man thing for a whole page without devolving into a complete doofus by the end. The "night lamps" panel is a nice, weirdly creepy little bit of detail, too, which I think lends to the slightly sinister atmosphere the page has.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Azran posted:

After reading your post I thought I had missed a secret early update, and it took me a few minutes to realize what you were talking about. In the meantime, I found out that there won't be an update 'till Friday. :(

quote:

*Edit* Hey everyone, there will be no update on Monday as I am going to a family gathering away from my artstuffs and technologies. The next page will be on Friday the 9th. Thanks for your understanding! :^)

Edit: Late night typing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-29/

It's been a long time since we've seen you, Johnny. Far too long.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, like 3 days since Max came into town and already the Activity Club's secrets are leaking everywhere. Also, Johnny is better at wordplay than any human being has any right to be.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Man, it's still only day 3? Time is a glacier in this town. I figured we had jumped ahead a bit.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Honestly I think my favorite bit of wordplay in the entire comic so far was "NERDERERS!"

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Man, it's still only day 3? Time is a glacier in this town. I figured we had jumped ahead a bit.

That's what happens when you hang out with freeze frame addicts.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

I actually have no idea. v:)v No evidence either way, as far as I know.

vvv oh hey i was deductive accidentally

Fecha fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 9, 2013

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fecha posted:

I actually have no idea. v:)v No evidence either way, as far as I know.

Johnny said he saw some weird stuff "yesterday", which was Max's second day, soo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Oh my god Johnny take me to your brain now:allears:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I want Johnny's 'Dag, yo.' shirt.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I can't tell what I love more about this; the fact that someone they beat up was actually carrying golf trading cards, the single grape, or the fact that they're in the middle of arts and crafts while this conversation is happening.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I mostly enjoy thinking that he's also talking about the grape when he talks about the things they got appreciating in value.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

heenato posted:

I mostly enjoy thinking that he's also talking about the grape when he talks about the things they got appreciating in value.

If it (kind of) works for wine, it's got to also work for grapes themselves.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
That's the alt-text gag.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Huh, I could swear that said something else. Makes sense, though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
tw: artists

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

I can't tell what I love more about this; the fact that someone they beat up was actually carrying golf trading cards, the single grape, or the fact that they're in the middle of arts and crafts while this conversation is happening.
OR ARE THEY?

Also, Starchman sure makes a pool noodle look scary.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not a pool noodle, that's a gift from one of his elder gods :getin:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Students and teachers constantly attempt to one-up each other, teachers clearly have the advantage of experience.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Well someone isn't getting a Starchman Star :ohdear:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The guy with the scar is now wearing a tinfoil hat. I noticed that fact.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Character bio mentions he's a budding conspiracy theorist.

I hope his outfits continue to get crazier and more paranoid as the series goes on

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bongo Bill posted:

If you look closely, the tinfoil is on his desk in the previous page. Nice set up for the punchline there, Zack. You win this round.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love that GOOD GOD face on Stephen :haw:

Hoodie kid (RJ?) is terrifying.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
In case anyone has forgotten, this is how Starchman deals with trouble makers in his class.

I do love how Ollie seems to be the most grounded and skeptical of the bully group. It goes against what you would expect from his character design.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Panel four Johnnyface best Johnnyface.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

GOOD GOD

Bonus noodle:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I feel like someone with better skills than me should photoshop the pic of stephen looking to the left with the pic of Starchman so that they're whooshing back and forth between each other.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Portals posted:

Bonus noodle:

I'm gonna steal this one if no one else wants it. EDIT: And done.

So how long before the activity clubs secret gets out?

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 12, 2013

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm betting everyone knows about the club except the people who would really want to know about the club.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

neogeo0823 posted:

I feel like someone with better skills than me should photoshop the pic of stephen looking to the left with the pic of Starchman so that they're whooshing back and forth between each other.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Students and teachers constantly attempt to one-up each other, teachers clearly have the advantage of experience.

I can only image the parent-teacher conferences.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Blackheart posted:

I love that GOOD GOD face on Stephen :haw:

Hoodie kid (RJ?) is terrifying.

RJ has my favorite design out of all of them.

Do we know of any other gingers with hair Stephen might be thinking of? I'm not sure if Jeff qualifies as "ginger" but looking over the cast page he's the only one who might fit and I feel the vagueness of Johnny's description is setting up some kind of wacky misunderstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Opposing Farce posted:

RJ has my favorite design out of all of them.

Do we know of any other gingers with hair Stephen might be thinking of? I'm not sure if Jeff qualifies as "ginger" but looking over the cast page he's the only one who might fit and I feel the vagueness of Johnny's description is setting up some kind of wacky misunderstanding.

Clearly crazy artist goon will forget what type of red hair and beat up that needy nerd.