Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

So TFCC released photos of the painted prototypes for Transmutate and Protoform X but all I want to talk about is MMC's Nova Prime because holy poo poo

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-seraph-prominion-nova-prime-178183/

I didn't give a drat about Hexatron but now I need him to sell out, immediately.* Whatever it takes for this thing to get made.

*unless he already did

Optimist Prime fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

GD_American posted:

I'm genuinely happy there's such a high demand for MP Soundwave. Hopefully Hasbro is paying attention when it comes to future MP releases.

Can't wait for ~$40 Masterpiece cars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Optimist Prime posted:

So TFCC released photos of the painted prototypes for Transmutate and Protoform X but all I want to talk about is MMC's Nova Prime because holy poo poo

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-seraph-prominion-nova-prime-178183/

I didn't give a drat about Hexatron but now I need him to sell out, immediately.* Whatever it takes for this thing to get made.

*unless he already did

HOLY poo poo.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I was sad when I missed the boat on the back in stock online Soundwaves today, but randomly decided to go to toys r us on my lunch break and they had about 8. I grabbed one. A guy at the register told me he was about to return one and wanted to know if I would buy it for cash. I said no thanks because it seemed shady.

I'm just happy I found one, especially today is my birthday!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Personally I'm hoping TRU have ordered enough they start to shelfwarm a little.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not that it surprises me, but there are plenty of people in the TFW thread hating on that Nova Prime. I think it looks pretty neat? Don't really care much for the character though. I'm still waiting on that MT Chaos Paladin however, did it get some mad delay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Personally I'm hoping TRU have ordered enough they start to shelfwarm a little.

I had an easier time finding Soundwave than I have a Chromecast.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Not that it surprises me, but there are plenty of people in the TFW thread hating on that Nova Prime. I think it looks pretty neat? Don't really care much for the character though. I'm still waiting on that MT Chaos Paladin however, did it get some mad delay?

There were plenty available at TFCon. Not sure why BBTS et al are still waiting on their shipments. I highly recommend it, tho, whenever it shows up.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

After much discussion (inside my head) I just ordered Metroplex and Sandstorm, for ~£190. My lass might kill me but gently caress it, works good at the minute.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Yes!

YES!

YES!!! :shepspends:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Optimist Prime posted:

*unless he already did

So it's a Gundam that turns into a shoe?

So I'm probably going to sell my second SDCC Metroplex; I thought I'd offer it to goons before I just throw it on eBay.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Optimist Prime posted:

There were plenty available at TFCon. Not sure why BBTS et al are still waiting on their shipments. I highly recommend it, tho, whenever it shows up.

I had a hell of a time finding one at TFCon, I practically embarrassed myself to death waiting for a guy who MIGHT have had one until I broke down and snagged the last one for 160 from another booth.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I think we are talking too much about how hard it is to find MP Soundwave and not (since mine came today) how completely balls off the loving wall awesome it is. Metroplex yesterday, MP Soundwave today. There is not a good enough TF made yet to arrive in mail tomorrow to keep this chain going.

Rumble and Frenzy's wing guns store in the piledrivers. The piledrivers have their own holder. All the cassettes have cases. Soundwave can double arm birdbots. This guy is loving insane

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rei_ posted:

I had a hell of a time finding one at TFCon, I practically embarrassed myself to death waiting for a guy who MIGHT have had one until I broke down and snagged the last one for 160 from another booth.

I paid $155 for mine at Ages 3 and up. I believe he retails for $135 so we both got screwed a little, but hey, every convention there's a toy or two that's really hot and sometimes you get caught up in the craze. I kinda justify it in that since I bought mine at the con, at least me and hupla got to take dumb pictures of ourselves posing with our sixshot guns so that's worth at least a few dollars.

Although honestly, outside of the con I probably wouldn't have bought him as I would probably try and be a responsible adult. I don't regret getting him.

Also heeeeeyyyy look what I got!

I like Soundwave a lot but drat he's got some scary rear end hips.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Forget Soundwave, show off more of Sharkitron.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Optimist Prime posted:

*unless he already did
So is Nova Prime a big deal in the comics or something? I lost track of the comics a long time ago when he was the leader in the Dark Universe or whatever, and the wiki page on him looks like he hasn't done much since then. I mean it is an awesome design, but I don't really get the excitement over the character.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think he just looks cool as gently caress and MMC makes great bots.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

I like Soundwave a lot but drat he's got some scary rear end hips.

Yep he does, but I'm happy that no one has reported breakage or even stressmarks on his hips 'til now so I think he's solid. I'd be more careful with his leg panels. God drat I love this figure (I got the Takara version)

GD_American posted:

I think we are talking too much about how hard it is to find MP Soundwave and not (since mine came today) how completely balls off the loving wall awesome it is. Metroplex yesterday, MP Soundwave today. There is not a good enough TF made yet to arrive in mail tomorrow to keep this chain going.

Rumble and Frenzy's wing guns store in the piledrivers. The piledrivers have their own holder. All the cassettes have cases. Soundwave can double arm birdbots. This guy is loving insane

Soundwave can also equip the piledrivers as arm cannons, and store Frumble's machineguns in his feet. Why? Who cares, he's loving Soundwave.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I'm glad I prepaid for a bunch of stuff early in the year. My lack of income hurts.

Blackheart posted:

Yes. There was some sort of design or manufacturing error, so barely any were available from the first run. They had to go back and make a fixed version.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Forget Soundwave, show off more of Sharkitron.

I'm too lazy to take pictures right now, but he's great. He's so dumb. Fishy rear end Megatron and Heinrad are like the dumbest Transformers ever. This is why everyone should own them.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

HOLY poo poo.

Optimist Prime posted:

*unless he already did

Mother of God.

Suddenly I don't give two shits about Maketoys' version anymore

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Goon posted:

Mother of God.

There were mighty nerd cheers when this was announced (in a strangely rushed ppt) presentation at TFCon!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Goon posted:

Mother of God.

Oh. I'm confused. Maketoys is doing a Nova Prime too? I thought there was only one 3rd party one. Or is that the Maketoys one? There's an MMC one too?

Man. Third parties man.

No, I'm not voting for Gary Johnson, gently caress off!

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

therealjon_ posted:

I think he just looks cool as gently caress and MMC makes great bots.

Agreed. I didn't even know that character existed, but he's pretty cool looking.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

He's one gold paint job away from giving your Power Rangers a tough time.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Phy posted:

He's one gold paint job away from giving your Power Rangers a tough time.

*glances at his SRC megazords*

Yo... let's make it happen :getin:

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Knormal posted:

So is Nova Prime a big deal in the comics or something? I lost track of the comics a long time ago when he was the leader in the Dark Universe or whatever, and the wiki page on him looks like he hasn't done much since then. I mean it is an awesome design, but I don't really get the excitement over the character.
I doubt there's much particular excitement over the character. I mean, I don't actually have any idea who this guy is, and nothing I read about him so far makes me care to find out. What people are actually excited about is holy poo poo just look at that thing. It's like someone took Galaxy Convoy and just loaded it down with hypermodern design cues, making it massive and hefty but highly dynamic and giving both robot modes strong and totally distinct personalities. It barely shares any details with the actual comic character and seems to be a design made from the ground up to just be a really awesome toy.

I mean I guess it's it's a bit early to get hyped over a couple of CGI renders, but this is MMC and unless they mysteriously totally drop the ball on the execution, the only thing that seems to speak against it is the fact that the transformation appears to be a couple simple flips followed by a whole bunch of partsforming. And even as someone who can't stand partsforming generally I don't think I'll mind too much in this case.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh. I'm confused. Maketoys is doing a Nova Prime too? I thought there was only one 3rd party one. Or is that the Maketoys one? There's an MMC one too?

This is the Maketoys one, heavily retooled from their Battle Tanker for Classics Laser Prime but with its own core figure. To be quite honest, it's not their strongest design.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the chunkiness of it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

quote:

Both of these things are terrifyingly awesome what's wrong with you guys. If I were an oil baron I'd preorder both, yesterday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
2 Nova Primes before a Rung is made. Tsk, it's a goddamn crime.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I... think I might prefer the Maketoys one. I like Maketoys' stuff (although I like MMC a lot too), and the Maketoys one is blockier and chunkier and less smooth. I think the Maketoys one is actually more comic-accurate too judging from pictures on the wiki in spite of being a remold.

They both look pretty good though.

However it is starting to become a little annoying how many third parties keep stepping on each others' toes these days. 2 Devastators, 3 Predakings, 2 Nova Primes... it seems like everybody wants to do the same thing at the same time.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah. It is.

And WHERE'S A loving DECENT GALVATRON GUYS?!?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's pretty amazing how any given Optimus figure will come out or what have you and a dozen third party companies will have already jumped on making replacement stacks and a more "G1-accurate" gun and all that bullshit but everybody, Takara and Hasbro included, looks at that horrendous classics Galvatron and apparently goes "eh, close enough".

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

It's almost like 2007 and 2011 are four years apart!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Found a soundwave at my TRU. Was able to use my 15% off coupon. So, very good day indeed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

It's almost like 2007 and 2011 are four years apart!

I think I get your point, but LSotW was 2010 and Ironfist has had 2 figures too.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

This is a good point. It can't be that hard. G1 looked like poo poo and the Classics one wasn't much better.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 10, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

There's so many other characters that seem like they'd be bigger draws than the IDW guys. Galvatron, Skylynx, a cassette player Blaster, cartoon-accurate Skyfire, Scorponok, the Dinobots. I know some of those are in the works but until they actually come out I don't trust them. Then there's the guys we have gotten in some 3rd party form but could really use a better version, Powermaster Prime, Ultra Magnus, gun Megatron that isn't all swirly, G1 Arcee, Alpha Trion. Considering the various companies clearly aren't concerned with stepping on each other's toes I'm surprised no one's tried to one-up those guys.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is there a resource where I can see all the 3rd party "transformers" that have been made? Predaking and Devastator sound awesome.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Metroplex came in today. I'm claiming this thing as a dependent on my taxes next year.

Honest Ray fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I went to two Toysrus' today and finally found Soundwave. There was about 4 of em and I originally picked up two (one to open, one to display) but the manager came to the registers and was telling the cashiers to enforce the one per customer limit so I only got one. About a minute later he had an employee pull the rest off (including Acid Storm) the shelves and stacked them behind the returns counter so they could control them. So my advice for anyone still looking for em in stores is to check the returns counter too.