Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Protagorean posted:

Do any of the artists ever comment on what the gently caress's happening to Brock's face over the course of the show, especially the end of season 3/season 4 going forward?

I have no idea what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I have no idea what you mean.

Ever since season 4 he's developed these permanent dark circles around his eyes. I figured it was a near-death thing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Dude isn't getting much sleep lately. Whaddya want?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, I wonder if we are going to have to wait 10 years for the blu-ray release.

I understand that Adult Swim wants a rerun window, and that's fine (they are currently re-airing the season on Sundays) but it would be nice if the blu-rays were slated for release the following Tuesday after the finale airs for a 2nd time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bull3964 posted:

So, I wonder if we are going to have to wait 10 years for the blu-ray release.

I understand that Adult Swim wants a rerun window, and that's fine (they are currently re-airing the season on Sundays) but it would be nice if the blu-rays were slated for release the following Tuesday after the finale airs for a 2nd time.

No show does this. They will release the dvd a couple of months after the season ends. That way they have time to do special features and the like.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

bobkatt013 posted:

No show does this. They will release the dvd a couple of months after the season ends. That way they have time to do special features and the like.

I wouldn't say no show does this. For example, Doctor Who blu-rays actually jumped street date by a few days this spring and people were getting them before the finale of that season actually aired. There are quite a few examples that are similar. Production on these episodes ended quite some time ago so there should be ample time for the small amount of special features they will include.

By the time the re-run completes, we will be two months out from the finale.

Season 4 was released 5 months out from when the finale aired, but it was made all the worse since it was a split season. You couldn't get a blu-ray copy of "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel" until 17 months after the episode aired. Already, we are almost 10 months out from when "A Very Venture Halloween" aired.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Sereri posted:

Third (really second) package has shipped ... again with $165 documented.

Dammit titmouse.

Have you emailed titmouse about it? I would think they're a small enough company that they would probably feel bad about that oversight. Nobody would be happy about a surprise $40 dollar fee tacked on to any order.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I got my OSI shirt and I'm thrilled.

Oddly enough: I'd accidentally let Chrome auto-complete my old apartment (three months ago, so not too long ago) address and I hoped that my change of address would take care of it. On Monday, I get a text from my old roommate that it had turned up at her new place. So, if anyone was curious if USPS change of address works on packages, it...sort of does? :confused:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bull3964 posted:

I wouldn't say no show does this. For example, Doctor Who blu-rays actually jumped street date by a few days this spring and people were getting them before the finale of that season actually aired. There are quite a few examples that are similar. Production on these episodes ended quite some time ago so there should be ample time for the small amount of special features they will include.

By the time the re-run completes, we will be two months out from the finale.

Season 4 was released 5 months out from when the finale aired, but it was made all the worse since it was a split season. You couldn't get a blu-ray copy of "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel" until 17 months after the episode aired. Already, we are almost 10 months out from when "A Very Venture Halloween" aired.

It's my experience that DVDs are usually released in time for the new season to premiere. Granted, that's not likely to happen with the Venture Bros. And the Doctor Who thing is strange situation. They'll release the Christmas eps as standalone releases, then release half season in bare bones editions (like you mention) at the end of the season. But for a "proper" complete season box set, Doctor Who Series 7 isn't coming out until mid-Sept, four months after the season 7 finale. In fact, that set, the Complete Series 7, is set to include the 2011 Christmas special, almost two years after it aired.

So I'd say we've a couple months at least until we see The Venture Bros 5 on DVD.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
If you're into downloading episodes, Amazon has the Season 5 pass in HD for $18.99. No Halloween Special though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
At least we won't have the season split up like the last one. Though season 5 complete BR was available on Amazon months before it was available in store in Canada.

But yea, pretty much every show with regular seasons has a pre season dvd release of the last one; sons of anarchy, bbt, community, etc. Unless the show has weird seasons spaces like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, they stick to that pretty close.

Though something tells me VB seasons are out when they are ready. When ever that is.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pope Guilty posted:

Ever since season 4 he's developed these permanent dark circles around his eyes. I figured it was a near-death thing.

He also got these big blue eyes where he used to just have black dots. I don't even notice it anymore but it did make him look weird at first.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

At least we won't have the season split up like the last one. Though season 5 complete BR was available on Amazon months before it was available in store in Canada.

But yea, pretty much every show with regular seasons has a pre season dvd release of the last one; sons of anarchy, bbt, community, etc. Unless the show has weird seasons spaces like Mad Men or Breaking Bad, they stick to that pretty close.

Though something tells me VB seasons are out when they are ready. When ever that is.

Also with digital media they are less likely to release the dvd so close to the finale date. They would want more people to buy them off itunes and amazon.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'll patiently wait for the blu-rays, giving them plenty of time to record...well I don't want to call them commentaries more like...the deranged ramblings of two men watching a cartoon.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Shallow Gravy shirt just arrived this morning :rock: I vow to never explain to anyone (who isn't already in the know) that the band isn't real.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Bored posted:

Have you emailed titmouse about it? I would think they're a small enough company that they would probably feel bad about that oversight. Nobody would be happy about a surprise $40 dollar fee tacked on to any order.

I didn't personally (which I guess means I don't really get to yell at them) but at least 2 other goons did. I probably would have but thankfully this doesn't affect me because the custom's guy was friendly and understanding and just told me to bring the receipt of the first package.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pope Guilty posted:

And he also kinda constantly smells like he crapped his pants, but that's... something else.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
My OSI shirt made it to my foreign land. I wasn't expecting a big colorful envelope with Shore Leave on it when I shipped it to the office, though.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I"m wearing my OSI shirt today at the office. I love not having a dress code.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Protagorean posted:

Do any of the artists ever comment on what the gently caress's happening to Brock's face over the course of the show, especially the end of season 3/season 4 going forward?

You mean the dark circles around his eyes?

From the AdultSwim forums:

axegorilla posted:

Somebody asked about the Brock eyes thing on Jackson Publick's livejournal, and he replied something along the lines of that they just wanted to have him redesigned to have blue eyes again, and that the Korean animation studio drew him with the circles around his eyes.

So blame those **BLEEP** Koreans.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Supposedly season 6 is slated for fall 2014 at the earliest, possibly early 2015.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdBravESMs

Is there any funnier and more Venture Bros line than 'Et Tu, King Gorilla?'. It's got it all - the classic reference juxtaposed with the pulpy absurdity, the framing of the shot, and the delivery...

I've been having a poo poo couple of weeks and have generally been pretty miserable, but I've been rewatching random episodes and this got the hugest belly laugh out of me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That whole episode was goddamn great. It's funny how many of the inmates are basically a parody of old school villains.

I want to be the PRESIDENT OF CALENDARS!

Whatever crazy.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 9, 2013

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Got my Council of 13 shirt today!

The lettering and the "C13" are chrome/silver and shine like glitter in the right light.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Delaio posted:

The lettering and the "C13" are chrome/silver and shine like glitter in the right light.

Mine got delivered right as I read your post. I have to say it is the most impressive shirt they have put out yet. The metallics are the best I have ever seen.

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat

Sereri posted:

Third (really second) package has shipped ... again with $165 documented.

Dammit titmouse.

I e-mailed them after getting my last package and they said they were making sure to have $9 listed on future international orders. Fingers crossed!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Delaio posted:

Mine didn't have a Hank Buck included :( I figured it'd be cool, though, since it's Publick's face on it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my god this shirt is really super quality. Very shiny letters. Six hank bucks. Just two more to go.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someday I'll be able to afford Tshirt club :(

At least there's like a year for me to get a better job/promotion so I can afford it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Someday I'll be able to afford Tshirt club :(

At least there's like a year for me to get a better job/promotion so I can afford it.

I think it will be longer than a year.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I got my OSI shirt yesterday and it's pretty great. The fabric is a little thin but it's a cotton-polyester-rayon blend so it'll probably hold up to wear well. Honestly, if I had realized that these were going to be semi-exercise shirts I might've gotten the subscription because I have fewer qualms about what I wear when I'm running.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Its a shame they did a limited run. I only really found out about the t-shirts a few episodes into the season, and by then it was too late to get some.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Cloks posted:

I got my OSI shirt yesterday and it's pretty great. The fabric is a little thin but it's a cotton-polyester-rayon blend so it'll probably hold up to wear well. Honestly, if I had realized that these were going to be semi-exercise shirts I might've gotten the subscription because I have fewer qualms about what I wear when I'm running.

The OSI shirt is thinner compared to the others they've sent out.

Yup, just checked my Hank-Co shirt and it's 100% combed cotton.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Shindragon posted:

That whole episode was goddamn great. It's funny how many of the inmates are basically a parody of old school villains.

I want to be the PRESIDENT OF CALENDARS!

Whatever crazy.

Seriously, I am so sad that White Noise was never a more developed character. In a perfect world season 6 would have started with him as the new Venture Bodyguard.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I was about to post how that would be a dumb idea since how much comedy can you really squeeze out of pun, but then I remembered we just had 3 seasons of Sgt. Hatred.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

notZaar posted:

I was about to post how that would be a dumb idea since how much comedy can you really squeeze out of pun, but then I remembered we just had 3 seasons of Sgt. Hatred.

Check and mate, good sir. :colbert:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Seriously, I am so sad that White Noise was never a more developed character. In a perfect world season 6 would have started with him as the new Venture Bodyguard.

Well, first he'd have to be resurrected. Phantom Limb already got to him.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Well, first he'd have to be resurrected. Phantom Limb already got to him.

It's almost like my post speaks of him in the past tense.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Come to think of it, why did Phantom Limb kill all of them, but leave King Gorilla, the only one who actually helped the Monarch escape, completely unharmed so that he could die in peace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SlothfulCobra posted:

Come to think of it, why did Phantom Limb kill all of them, but leave King Gorilla, the only one who actually helped the Monarch escape, completely unharmed so that he could die in peace?

Well he did eviscerate and sodomize Vince Neil on live television, I don't think Limb could afford the level of lawyer needed to get him out. It did take both the investors and KG being nearly dead from cancer to get a pity release.