Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
He should be having more fun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Soulex posted:

Is that the Asian version of a keg tapping? I'm assuming that's Sake.

It's called Kagami-biraki or Kagami-nuki (depending on who you talk to), and it's a ritual that's done at events to celebrate the occasion, as well as wishing for good health and fortune. And yes, that's sake.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Some United kid from Belgium called Adnan Januzaj. Images from gifman's twitter.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Him and Zaha have been the only highlights of our pre-season. Everyone else is poo poo.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
He completely made United's only goal as well by just waltzing past the defender in his way, looked poo poo hot for the whole game and most of pre-season. Really hope he gets a good amount of playing time this season

here's that assist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoqWvzh4jc

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY2pXGeDlH8

this could be very amusing.

dox
Mar 4, 2006

"For Jamie, all the best in your retirement."

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

dox posted:

"For Jamie, all the best in your retirement."

The photos of Messi signing the shirt make it look tacky as poo poo.

"IT'S GENUINE GUYS SEE!!!"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Frankston posted:

The photos of Messi signing the shirt make it look tacky as poo poo.

"IT'S GENUINE GUYS SEE!!!"

Yeah it's weird, if it was a random fan I could see why they'd do that, but if you are Jamie Carragher then I'd gladly take your word Messi really signed it.

I'm assuming that's Carragher's room.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

El Hefe posted:

Yeah it's weird, if it was a random fan I could see why they'd do that, but if you are Jamie Carragher then I'd gladly take your word Messi really signed it.

I'm assuming that's Carragher's room.
I don't think that's Carra trying to prove that he once met Messi and got his autograph, it seems more likely to be that Messi(s secretary) sent it all already framed.

I don't see a problem with the pictures tbh. Since Carragher was almost certainly nowhere near the shirt when it was signed some kind of proof of authenticity is going to be needed and that's as good as it gets, might as well have it as an unobtrusive part of the display.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Some United kid from Belgium called Adnan Januzaj. Images from gifman's twitter.

Not the right thread for it, but apparently his contract expires next summer. Which means he'll go to some Big European Club since he won't get any changes after Paul Scholes makes his second comeback.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Urgh this is very MLS

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Paperhouse posted:

He completely made United's only goal as well by just waltzing past the defender in his way, looked poo poo hot for the whole game and most of pre-season. Really hope he gets a good amount of playing time this season

here's that assist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKoqWvzh4jc

Look at this guy using his left foot to dribble past the defender and set up a goal. Not the United way imo.

And yeah his contract is a concern. Going on pre-season though he should be getting chances in the first team so hopefully it won't be another Pogba situation.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCUhjQOZhs

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
ahahaha this is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

top video nbc. top top video.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

serious gaylord posted:

ahahaha this is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

top video nbc. top top video.

I wonder how many times this will get posted.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lot 49 posted:

Look at this guy using his left foot to dribble past the defender and set up a goal. Not the United way imo.

And yeah his contract is a concern. Going on pre-season though he should be getting chances in the first team so hopefully it won't be another Pogba situation.

Is it possible he's why we've been quiet on the left winger and not over fussed about replacing Nani fronts?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ninpo posted:

Is it possible he's why we've been quiet on the left winger and not over fussed about replacing Nani fronts?

It's possible but also kinda risky when he doesn't have a longer contract.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Ninpo posted:

Hopefully, would mean he'd get decent playing time.

Although if someone like Di Maria is available I wouldn't say no.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

I'm not entirely convinced he'll get that many minutes purely because it's the first year Moyes is in charge.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

It's possible but also kinda risky when he doesn't have a longer contract.

I'm sure he'd sign a new contract if he got significant time on the pitch. He's a massive prospect but I really dont think he's ready to be a regular until next season at the earliest.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Better than Aguerooooooooooo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheRat posted:

I'm sure he'd sign a new contract if he got significant time on the pitch. He's a massive prospect but I really dont think he's ready to be a regular until next season at the earliest.

I wouldn't bet on that, but I don't want to see a repeat of the Pogba situation either. Get him to sign a contract ffs Moyes.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

I love this

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJJ3w3r4rPw

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Benteke's goal against Malaga today

The guy broke his collarbone

Frankston fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 10, 2013

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Frankston posted:

Tasty as poo poo, absolutely delicious.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Frankston posted:

Jesus.

I have a feeling Benteke isn't going to be a one season wonder.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I can't decide what's better, the goal or the way that defender bounces right off him

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

that's a proper shoulder to shoulder challenge.

Trying to tackle him must be like trying to body check a horse, he barely flinches :stare:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Frankston posted:

That will teach him to be a frail pussy lol nice goal

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Frankston posted:

I could watch that all day. :allears:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Frankston posted:

Reminds me of Lukaku v Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFRq3WnnTcg&t=38s

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Falcao's first Ligue 1 goal

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Falcao's first Ligue 1 goal

Not bad for a 36 year old

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Big Andy...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...xzz2bbjxbQQU%20

quote:

West Ham star Andy Carroll is being sued for almost £200,000 over claims that he wrecked his luxury former home.
The 24-year-old striker is said to have left drinks stains on chairs and the ceiling, removed expensive hi-fi equipment and furniture - including treadmills, sofas and a grandfather clock - and caused the 12-metre swimming pool to be infested with algae.
Other damaged items allegedly include a barbecue, a garden lounger and an air hockey table.
Landlords Jeff and Dawn Grant also claim that Carroll owes £68,000 in unpaid rent for the five-bed mansion in Blundellsands, Merseyside.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
As an American I am confused by this, some one get a Napoli fan get in here and explain this to me.

This picture is from a Benfica Napoli preseason game in Italy. I thought this might've been an exhibition game in the states, but no. Did Napoli scoop up some American cheerleaders in the transfer window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

They defaced an American flag which violates the flag code. Hopefully they get docked points.

• Locked thread