Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hope Chono kicks his face off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VogeGandire posted:

I hope Chono kicks his face off.
I could watch Chono slap the eyebrows off Yamazaki from Downtown for days. If that's all Chono does to the new owner of AJ I'd be happy.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I wish I could find the clip I was watching of Downtown, but it was one of the High School ones, and it involved Riki Choshu and Tenryu pretending to be part of the school, giving presentations, and Tenryu intentionally mumbled and mispronounced everything. Obviously they all laughed and they had to basically call it off because Choshu was properly doubled over laughing and none of them could stop laughing when they looked over at Choshu. He was absolutely in hysterics, tears streaming and everything.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

VogeGandire posted:

I wish I could find the clip I was watching of Downtown, but it was one of the High School ones, and it involved Riki Choshu and Tenryu pretending to be part of the school, giving presentations, and Tenryu intentionally mumbled and mispronounced everything. Obviously they all laughed and they had to basically call it off because Choshu was properly doubled over laughing and none of them could stop laughing when they looked over at Choshu. He was absolutely in hysterics, tears streaming and everything.
You are morally and legally required to track it down.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

FOUND IT! The Choshu/Tenryu segment starts about 11:20 in.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Whoever that was in the next skit looks sooooooooo much like Muscle Sasaki. Uncanny.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

VogeGandire posted:

FOUND IT! The Choshu/Tenryu segment starts about 11:20 in.

That is even better than I expected it to be. Tenryu's mumbling was just too much to take, respect to the actors there that managed to avoid corpsing, because Choshu was corpsing big time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The batsu games they do are always laugh riots. When Chono shows up in one and slap somebody's face off their face I laughed forever.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

weekly font posted:

The batsu games they do are always laugh riots. When Chono shows up in one and slap somebody's face off their face I laughed forever.

That seems to be some sort of yearly tradition, if the subtitles in this one are correct:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HBpQ3UySQo

Another case of Iamasaki-slapping:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdFtUhirUBI

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, it's a running gag on their New Year shows that Chono appears and slaps Yamazaki.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Those videos raise so many questions. Chief among them would be wondering why the latex army ran out and clubbed everyone in the rear end every time they laughed.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Kwik posted:

Those videos raise so many questions. Chief among them would be wondering why the latex army ran out and clubbed everyone in the rear end every time they laughed.

That's the point of the Batsu (punishment) Games. Every time they laugh, they get penalized by getting whacked. In the past they've been kicked or hit in the rear with blow darts, but the most frequent punishment is getting hit with the big latex stick.

It's an annual tradition for this comedy troupe to go through these ridiculous scenarios (usually acting as employees in a hotel, school, airport, spy school, etc.,) in the hopes of making them laugh and get punished.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kwik posted:

Because they're not supposed to laugh!!! That's what a "batsu game" entails. "Batsu game" means if you gently caress up you get some kind of embarrassing punishment in front of the whole group - sing a song, get hit, etc. In the case of the New Years one, they're going through those scenarios trying their best not to laugh.

IVPvideos
Feb 21, 2013
Ten years ago today, IVPvideos.com was purchased by me on GoDaddy.com. At the time, I had no idea how big this site would become. Help us celebrate ten years of Puroresu greatness by taking part in this very special sale.

From now until August 29th 2013, you can save 30% off your entire DVD order with the coupon code ANNIVERSARY. Spend $50 or more and use coupon code ANNIVERSARY50 and you get 35% off your entire order!

This is not just a normal everyday sale. Place an order for ANY amount and I will write on your packing slip a coupon code exclusively for you that will get you 10% off every DVD order from now until FOREVER. Never expires, can use multiple times and is a reward for helping make IVPvideos.com the number one Puroresu DVD website to ever exist.

Spread the word and let everyone know we are having a celebration and here is to ten more years of providing you with the Puro greatness.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
From the english DDT blog

DDT Peter Pan 2013 posted:

Kota Ibushi got his own Rainmaker entrance for his match against Kazuchika Okada. But instead of raining dollars, he got raining lottery tickets instead.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

And here it is courtesy of Senor LARIATO

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13b8na

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thauros posted:

And here it is courtesy of Senor LARIATO

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13b8na

This match was uncharacteristically sloppy and kinda disappointing (awesome finishing sequence though). Still pretty good, but not great.

Also I don't know how I've gone so long without noticing how pretty Okada's dropkick is

oatgan fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 20, 2013

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Ibushi gets a bloody mouth at some point in the match. I rewatched it and found Okada's dropkick caused it, you don't see it at first then Okada puts him in Red Ink and a trickle of blood drips down his neck while in the submission hold, that's some poetic shite m8.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Mentioned it in the joshi thread but Nagaharu Imai passed away due to cancer. He was Big Japan's ring announcer for the last few years I believe and was All-Japan Women's ring announcer during the '90s.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So much for retirement, Low-Ki posted on twitter that he's going to be in AJPW's Royal Road tournament starting in September.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

harperdc posted:

So much for retirement, Low-Ki posted on twitter that he's going to be in AJPW's Royal Road tournament starting in September.

He's going to get the grand slam of Puro black balling.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
Quick question:

What's considered the "best" G1 Climax series?

Edit:

What's a good year for NOAH and Hustle?

tigerdriver82 fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 22, 2013

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

tigerdriver82 posted:

Quick question:

What's considered the "best" G1 Climax series?

Edit:

-There's a lot of good G-1s. I'd say '98 is tops for the first decade, then 2002-2004 are all good.

-NOAH peaked from 2003-2005

-HUSTLE... ummmmm... was never really consistently good. Other than Takada being such an amazing promo that you can enjoy him without knowing Japanese. Seriously the guy is a Hall of Famer purely for in-ring and he turns out to be a way better promo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm still convinced that 2013 will go down as one of the best G1s.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

tigerdriver82 posted:

HUSTLE probably peaked in 2005, their shows were always hit and miss though.

HUSTLEMANIA 2005 was probably the peak for spectacle, and any match with the FMW guys (Masato Tanaka, Tetsuo Kuroda & Kintaro Kanemura) ended up being fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxUNWRImvc&t=7513s

Monster C is Steve Corino's best work.

e: also here is a cool spot I was reminded of when skipping through the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGKL_to_p8Q&t=8502s

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 22, 2013

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IVPvideos posted:

Ten years ago today, IVPvideos.com was purchased by me on GoDaddy.com. At the time, I had no idea how big this site would become. Help us celebrate ten years of Puroresu greatness by taking part in this very special sale.

From now until August 29th 2013, you can save 30% off your entire DVD order with the coupon code ANNIVERSARY. Spend $50 or more and use coupon code ANNIVERSARY50 and you get 35% off your entire order!

This is not just a normal everyday sale. Place an order for ANY amount and I will write on your packing slip a coupon code exclusively for you that will get you 10% off every DVD order from now until FOREVER. Never expires, can use multiple times and is a reward for helping make IVPvideos.com the number one Puroresu DVD website to ever exist.

Spread the word and let everyone know we are having a celebration and here is to ten more years of providing you with the Puro greatness.
Tagging this, I've bought a lot of DVDs from you before, and I'm happy to have helped you grow. I'll probably put in an order here soon

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Thanks for the info!

Flameingblack posted:

Tagging this, I've bought a lot of DVDs from you before, and I'm happy to have helped you grow. I'll probably put in an order here soon

I asked my questions because I was going to make an order there for the first time, although I didn't see that coupon post until after I had placed the order. I probably make another purchase soon, some NOAH and G1.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Honestly, you can probably chart Hustle's best years based on when Yinling the Erotic Terrorist was brought in, to when Akebono hatched from the egg she layed after being impregnated by Muto's green mist... That was the best storyline to ever happen in the company's existance. Except maybe for the last big story of Wataru Sakata versus a robo-Takada called The Esperanza.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Gordy posted:

Honestly, you can probably chart Hustle's best years based on when Yinling the Erotic Terrorist was brought in, to when Akebono hatched from the egg she layed after being impregnated by Muto's green mist... That was the best storyline to ever happen in the company's existance. Except maybe for the last big story of Wataru Sakata versus a robo-Takada called The Esperanza.

The only gimmick that matters from HUSTLE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14Mh2HXV8A

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tMmahX2SI

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Have any photos of the new AJPW belt been released?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Danshoku Dino is the new DDT Extreme Champion.

quote:

Dino then gave him a Lip Lock and dry humped him off the T-back onto a table below to win.

DDT :allears:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
So uh

That's Shiraishi, the owner of All Japan (click for big).

And as for the attendance, well

Yeah.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

i came here to post that

look at this

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

hahahah newsflash :siren:

quote:

Shiraishi : I will resign the president of AJPW within this month. The candidate of new president of Suwama, Fuchi and Inoue.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Sometimes a mark buys a company and it turns out great, like New Japan. And sometimes that mark turns out to be a loving idiot, like All Japan.

Goddamn.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Is he resigning to become an active wrestler? That would be fantastic.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

golden oldies pete posted:

i came here to post that

look at this

This is the kind of shoot fighting New Japan should be aspiring to instead of fixing matches.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

ChampRamp posted:

Is he resigning to become an active wrestler? That would be fantastic.

Maybe he's gonna do shootfights.

In full costume.

oatgan posted:

This is the kind of shoot fighting New Japan should be aspiring to instead of fixing matches.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
What's Tajiri's WNC like? Is it similar to SMASH?