Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

This version of the character is more effective than the one with the card powers. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Fake cardcaptor has some aggressive AI, wow

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Der Shovel posted:

Well, that might not have been the best call here.

EDIT: all in on Syaroan pays off!

Yeah, what is this Sayoran bullshit hax?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

LogicNinja posted:

I played too much Samurai Showdown to bet against Amakusa.

This one doesn't block though.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That time stop is such bullshit :v:

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

Fake cardcaptor has some aggressive AI, wow

I think both versions of Shaoran's AI go from insanely passive to super aggressive on a whim. See that massive upset match where a legit Melty Blood suddenly got destroyed because Shaoran decided to attack for once.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I always get screwed underestimating Naruto characters.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You win some then you immediately lose it again by betting on the wrong anime :(

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

CrushedB posted:

Look at what a fool you are.

I meant his AI, I had heard of him already.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

You win some then you immediately lose it again by betting on the wrong anime :(

We almost need a :saltybet:

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Ougher posted:

We have one, :ssj:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ougher posted:

I was just about to say the same thing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well that's it forever, time head home guys

edit: It's back

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Stream goes down right as Perfect Dark music plays :sigh:

e: yay

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Balance is off!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

I love seeing new people find saltybet, then learn the same hard lessons everyone else did. They'll learn and take the salt of those who haven't learned the lessons and the circle of salt continues.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
You know, I'm still split on thinking whether weeding out trashy characters so that "real" matches happen a lot more often is a good idea or not. There is the appeal of seeing EVO-like matches like the one with Ryu and Black Adam a few days ago more than we usually get, but I guess that stuff being so rare is part of what makes them so awesome when they finally happen.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

nerdbot posted:

I meant his AI, I had heard of him already.

His AI is actually decent for a tiny DBZ, Big Ginyu just never stops attacking.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Bullseye vs The Flash would be so good.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Good lord, DBZ characters are all over the place.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

480p seems fixed now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So apparently I'm not the only one who gets these weird second long pauses in the 480p stream? Is this just a SaltyBet thing or what?

cheesetriangles posted:

480p seems fixed now.

Not for me it ain't :( It's perfect until the match starts and then I get weird stutters and pauses.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Everyone go all in on Pyro, poo poo's crazy.

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

toasterwarrior posted:

You know, I'm still split on thinking whether weeding out trashy characters so that "real" matches happen a lot more often is a good idea or not. There is the appeal of seeing EVO-like matches like the one with Ryu and Black Adam a few days ago more than we usually get, but I guess that stuff being so rare is part of what makes them so awesome when they finally happen.

The Shaker Classic is for real matches.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

So apparently I'm not the only one who gets these weird second long pauses in the 480p stream? Is this just a SaltyBet thing or what?

Twitch TV is still terrible, and the International just started up again.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

LogicNinja posted:

Everyone go all in on Pyro, poo poo's crazy.

Well, thanks for the 21$ tip.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Not for me it ain't :( It's perfect until the match starts and then I get weird stutters and pauses.

480p+ works great for me, I believe he has the stream run at 60fps which might be the cause of your issues at 480p?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
e: ^^^^^ It's definitely this, anytime I try to use Chrome on a 60FPS stream it chugs like crazy.

I never get tired of listening to Parappa music :allears:

Hace fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 10, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Al! posted:

It's been like that all day, and Twitch normally works a LOT better for me. I can watch 720p or even 1080p on most streams.

Suddenly seemed to fix itself now though!

EDIT: holy poo poo this 60FPS is nice!

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

Yeah, it's good for pacing to have some poo poo characters. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the worst of the worst removed, particularly since they can yield boring-as-poo poo timer scam matches when they get pitted against each other. But you need plenty of average Joes in there so the broken-tier characters don't lose their luster.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen Rogue not own.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"A different Rogue! I bet she'll be weaker and still sucker in a lot of cash. Electro's not bad and he can take someone a step or two down from the good Rogue!" :negative:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
MSPaint Rogue is better than the real thing!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
There are 2 Rogues now. Be warned.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

toasterwarrior posted:

I feel like the hyper inconsistent DBZ characters (and others like them) with trashbag AI and ten million health/OHKO supers also serve a function in the system, which is causing upsets and generally introducing insecurity and chaos. Broken Leonardo was like this; he just randomly flies off ensuring a time scam, but it can easily lead to giant upsets both for and against him if he does it early in a match.

It helps keep money moving around and makes stats less than perfectly reliable; the more balanced a character's stats and the more predictable their AI (even if it's predictably good), the safer the bets are.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
Welp almost 6000 viewers now, poo poo is TAKING OFF

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Al! posted:

Nintendo is also streaming their big international Pokemon tournament on Twitch, the first time they've done anything of the sort. No clue how much it'll draw in but I could see it making things worse on top of the International and Saltybet.

EDIT: Should note that this is later tonight and shouldn't be causing problems NOW.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 10, 2013

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

^^^I guess that's what's causing it.
Still lagging on 480p. Oh well.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know if Salty has http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Fetus_of_God set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
If you told me this would be my addiction two weeks ago I would have laughed at you

• Locked thread