Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Iceman looks loving terrifying there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

prefect posted:

It can stop a snowball.

I've seen that cover a million times and still have no idea where Beast's trapeze is coming from or why Jean Grey is just doing a sexy pose in the background...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GPTribefan posted:

or why X is just doing a sexy pose in the background...

This has been every female superhero in forever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Dan Didio posted:

Iceman looks loving terrifying there.

I think his early "snowman" phase was kind of nice. It would be an entertaining thing for a more modern writer to explore.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

He should've just stayed like that, as far as I'm concerned. (X-Men #1)

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

goatface posted:

I think his early "snowman" phase was kind of nice. It would be an entertaining thing for a more modern writer to explore.

Got some good news for you:

(All New X-Men 14)

Mister Chompers fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 10, 2013

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have to admit I have enjoyed the young X-Men in current continuity.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

GPTribefan posted:

I've seen that cover a million times and still have no idea where Beast's trapeze is coming from or why Jean Grey is just doing a sexy pose in the background...

Obviously Jean is using all her concentration to telekineticlly secure beasts trapeze, duh.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Nobody remembers the crossover, but as we can see, the mad scientist bromance is over.

Mega Man #28

Awww.

Did it fall apart at the end or were they bros right up to the memory wipe, whatever it was.

I'm sure it fell apart but that saddens me.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 10, 2013

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

Awww.

Did it fall apart at the end or were they bros right up to the memory wipe, whatever it was.

I'm sure it fell apart but that saddens me.

Well, from what I know, it started breaking apart when they started to lose their advantage, and it was outright broken after Robotnik tried to kill Dr. Light behind Wily's back. Though they are enemies, Wily respected Light too much to take kindly to that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mister Chompers posted:

Got some good news for you:

(All New X-Men 14)

I'm *pretty* sure he is meant to be in his ice form. He debuted it either the issue they spun out of or the one after.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hank Pym has made his own little Avengers team in order to counter A.I.-based threats to the world. One of his members is a Doombot that he's forcing into it, and he's my favorite character. 'Cause apparently, you can take the murderous intent out of the Doombot, but you can't take the Doom out of it.

Avengers AI #2

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Avengers AI #2

It took me a few minutes to really get the joke in the last few panels, but it really is a good one.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Unlucky7 posted:

It took me a few minutes to really get the joke in the last few panels, but it really is a good one.

I'm still in the dark, care to enlighten the foolish and/or obtuse?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

It's something with the mentality of DOOM landing in a monument to freedom of the individual.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ManiacClown posted:

It's something with the mentality of DOOM landing in a monument to freedom of the individual.

That's someone, you AI oppressor.
:colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, from what I know, it started breaking apart when they started to lose their advantage, and it was outright broken after Robotnik tried to kill Dr. Light behind Wily's back. Though they are enemies, Wily respected Light too much to take kindly to that.

Yeah, I really liked that. Despite being so similar, it shows that Wily actually has some scrapings of humanity left in him and isn't quite as evil as Robotnik. There's also this.

Sonic the Hedgehog #251

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I really liked that. Despite being so similar, it shows that Wily actually has some scrapings of humanity left in him and isn't quite as evil as Robotnik. There's also this.

Sonic the Hedgehog #251

Dr. Wily: Yeah come on Ivo, accept your defeat with grace and humility. Much like how every time I'm beaten I get down on my hands and knees and beg Megaman not to put me in Robot-jail.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The British version of Sonic the Hedgehog could give Superman lessons in being a dick (timg for size):

Sonic the Comic #11

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mark Millar actually wrote this story, if you can believe that.

Sef!
Oct 31, 2012
I believe it. It has that noticeable thing that Millar does where every time a new character is introduced on a page someone has to directly reference them by their name in the first panel, no matter how formal or informal the relationship between the two characters is. Just replace "pixel-brain" with "meatball" and it's pretty much The Ultimates with furry mascots.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yep, I've double-checked and that was definitely Mark Millar; I wasn't sure because Nigel Kitching (the most prolific writer) had his first lead strip published in STC #8, but they kept dipping into Miller holdover scripts until about #20. I should mention that's the bottom half of the last page, though.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Thomas Jefferson said "All men are created equal"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Bravest Warriors #10. CONTEXT IS FOR CHUMPS

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I really liked that. Despite being so similar, it shows that Wily actually has some scrapings of humanity left in him and isn't quite as evil as Robotnik.

The ridiculous level of evil the Archie Sonic comics took Robotnik to is one of the many reasons I could never take them seriously. You're telling me that fat walrus is a world-genocider? Word?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

Bravest Warriors #10. CONTEXT IS FOR CHUMPS

Not Catbug!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Say Nothing posted:

Not Catbug!

(Still Bravest Warriors #10)

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

The Doom Comic, issue unknown.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's issue #1 (the only one)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Strontosaurus posted:

The Doom Comic, issue unknown.

There's only one Doom comic and you could post pretty much any page from it because it is solid gold.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The Doom comic is the RIP AND TEAR!!!! guy screaming, right? haha. Love it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Drifter posted:

It sure is. It also includes such lines as "You are huge! That means you must have huge guts!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

(Still Bravest Warriors #10)

Bravest Warriors #6

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

TwoPair posted:

There's only one Doom comic and you could post pretty much any page from it because it is solid gold.

Nicolas Cage takes steroids and meth: The Comic.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Source via Funny Book Babylon

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Drifter posted:

The entire Brutal Doom mod is basically an attempt to make the game more like the comic. It works. It also has voicework by one of our own (Chinese Tony Danza), and it's almost all quotes from the comic. Mostly screamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw

There's even a button to flip off demons. This makes them angry and shootier.

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Pretty much.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 13, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dominic White posted:

The entire Brutal Doom mod is basically an attempt to make the game more like the comic. It works. It also has voicework by one of our own (Chinese Tony Danza), and it's almost all quotes from the comic. Mostly screamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89iszJNcKQw

There's even a button to flip off demons. This makes them angry and shootier.

Isn't that the mod where the guy used photos of real horrible deaths and mutilation as the gore graphics and didn't understand why anyone would have a problem with that?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

So, in other words, it's coffee?

Lois Lane #75. (It's not for real.)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FedoraDefender420 posted:

So he'd become a method actor?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nicholas Cage is beyond Method in his work. He'd be binging on HGH and ripping a cow carcass apart with his teeth before filming every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that the mod where the guy used photos of real horrible deaths and mutilation as the gore graphics and didn't understand why anyone would have a problem with that?

I think that was maybe planned at some point, but it never actually made it into the mod, probably due to people saying that it was a bad idea. Not that I'd imagine it'd be recognizable anyway - 16-bit era sprites are going to look like a pile of pixels no matter what.

• Locked thread