Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Oh, I get it now. He was talking to Klaw, showing that his brain is indeed far gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wouldn't Klaw be able to just annihilate the symbiote if he wanted? He's made of sound.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Die Laughing posted:

Wouldn't Klaw be able to just annihilate the symbiote if he wanted? He's made of sound.

That's how they've been keeping it under control so far.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman/Superman #3 tells us the backstory on how Earth-2's Clark Kent met Bruce Wayne

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
...That was better than I thought it would be, can we have a mini-series about Earth-2's Clark and Bruce friendship through the ages? :unsmith:

Also, would that be before or after the Wayne's got killed?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alacron posted:

...That was better than I thought it would be, can we have a mini-series about Earth-2's Clark and Bruce friendship through the ages? :unsmith:

Also, would that be before or after the Wayne's got killed?

I'm going to assume since it points out how sad Bruce is and Alfred's the one watching him, it's after.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that young Bruce tests his theory of whether Clark is stronger than he looks by smashing him over the head with a stick :allears:

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I love that young Bruce tests his theory of whether Clark is stronger than he looks by smashing him over the head with a stick :allears:

It's called science, thank you very much.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Jerusalem posted:

I love that young Clark is so caught off guard by being smacked by the stick that he doesn't even think about faking being hurt by it.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

It's called science, thank you very much.

Yep, standard procedure.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's really cute. There's a back up in one of Loebs Superman/Batman issues where something similar happens, but Clark doesn't ask him to play. He wonders if he could have changed the boys life if he did. Did Sale draw that?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, and of course Bruce wants to bat.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Phy posted:

Oh, and of course Bruce wants to bat.

Good lord how did I miss that pun :shepicide:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Die Laughing posted:

That's really cute. There's a back up in one of Loebs Superman/Batman issues where something similar happens, but Clark doesn't ask him to play. He wonders if he could have changed the boys life if he did. Did Sale draw that?

Yeah, I think in that one he had Pete there to say "Nah, let's leave that kid alone." Pete's not here this time, so it makes all the difference in the world.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to assume since it points out how sad Bruce is and Alfred's the one watching him, it's after.

He also refers to the kid as Master Bruce, so... v:v:v

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009
Master in that context just means "young sir", as opposed to "one who rules", if that's what you were getting at.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Woah is that sequence drawn by Jae Lee? Cause that doesn't look like his style at all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I think in that one he had Pete there to say "Nah, let's leave that kid alone." Pete's not here this time, so it makes all the difference in the world.

Word on street is that Pak wrote this scene like an homage to the Loeb/Sale story.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

HorseHeadBed posted:

Master in that context just means "young sir", as opposed to "one who rules", if that's what you were getting at.

Well, if it was Thomas, I'm sure he would have just said "son/Bruce". It'd be kind of weird for a father to call his son "Master Bruce". Plus, Alfred has always been calling him Master Bruce.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that seriously Jae Lee art? Why has he been doing that SHADOWS EVERYWHERE nonsense for years when he can pull out work like that?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bown posted:

Is that seriously Jae Lee art? Why has he been doing that SHADOWS EVERYWHERE nonsense for years when he can pull out work like that?

No, it's Yildiray Cinar. Wikipedia tells me he has done work on other DC stuff, most recently pre-Flashpoint Legion of Super-Heroes and Fury of Firestorm.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 30, 2013

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That makes far more sense. Lee is credited as the artist on the website, though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Vicissitude posted:

Well, if it was Thomas, I'm sure he would have just said "son/Bruce". It'd be kind of weird for a father to call his son "Master Bruce". Plus, Alfred has always been calling him Master Bruce.

Pa Kent does call him "Alfred"...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well he drew the main story.

rocknrollsisyphus
Oct 11, 2012
This is from Superman Earth One. I don't think any additional context is needed.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Ignore, sorry

d00gZ fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 31, 2013

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

rocknrollsisyphus posted:

This is from Superman Earth One. I don't think any additional context is needed.

So does she or doesn't she know he's Superman? I'm confused by the dialogue.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He wasn't about to say,"Then when my Dad died I buried him on the moon too!" was he :stare:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

He wasn't about to say,"Then when my Dad died I buried him on the moon too!" was he :stare:
Outer space is littered with dead bodies:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Jerusalem posted:

That's all I could think of too.

The girls face looks weird. Just emotionally blank with tears streaming down it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Thor: God of Thunder #12, in what people call "the Superman issue" (he even brings Jane Foster to the moon):

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Outer space is littered with dead bodies:

Batman sounds like a literal eight year-old here.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hakkesshu posted:

Thor: God of Thunder #12, in what people call "the Superman issue" (he even brings Jane Foster to the moon):

This whole issue was heart meltingly poignant.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

rocknrollsisyphus posted:

Oh drat, crying a little. I have a real soft spot for cats, and I never got to say goodbye to my beloved cat who I had had since third grade. He was about 17 years old, diabetic, and infirm in other ways, and my parents had to put him to sleep while I was away at school. To avoid upsetting me, they didn't tell me until I returned home for Thanksgiving that year.

I've never been able to have another cat due to roommates and apartment leases and now my wife, who is deathly allergic, but I still think about him every day. He was white like Fuzzball, too.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
They missed a real opportunity not having the moon out in that last panel of him flying out the window.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
That scene would be a lot greater if the artist had drawn the girl so we couldn't see her bra.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Oh drat, crying a little. I have a real soft spot for cats, and I never got to say goodbye to my beloved cat who I had had since third grade. He was about 17 years old, diabetic, and infirm in other ways, and my parents had to put him to sleep while I was away at school. To avoid upsetting me, they didn't tell me until I returned home for Thanksgiving that year.

I've never been able to have another cat due to roommates and apartment leases and now my wife, who is deathly allergic, but I still think about him every day. He was white like Fuzzball, too.
Sounds like it's time for a divorce.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Sounds like it's time for a divorce.

Never. But she loves small dogs, and I'm allergic as hell to them, so we're at an impasse with no pets.

StickyNavels
Apr 3, 2009
Hairless cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's hypoallergenic dogs