Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Dunno-Lars posted:

Where do you live? I would love to show you myself if you live in Europe/can deal with high ping.

Add me on Steam: Dunno1987 and we can either play together, or you can use me to ask questions :)

Cool, I've been on a roll all evening figuring stuff out so I'm doing much better but I'll definitely take you up on your offer if I need more help or a sword bro for dungeons.

Norwegoon by the way, gjetter på at du er det samme :norway:

e: Stemmer! :v:

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Does the laser drill mine force ore if we have dartcraft installed?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

tonic316 posted:

Does the laser drill mine force ore if we have dartcraft installed?

Probably not - it only pulls up mod ores if the mod is set up to work with the laser drill, not the other way around.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

m2pt5 posted:

Probably not - it only pulls up mod ores if the mod is set up to work with the laser drill, not the other way around.

From a sorting and smelting perspective, I would rather have more variaty than the nether versions of what I am already getting. However, it IS very easy to use.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

New game mechanics for wands in 3.1 Thaumcraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW-f8rq8JQ

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

fondue posted:

New game mechanics for wands in 3.1 Thaumcraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW-f8rq8JQ

That seems a heck of alot more interesting at least. Hope its not too tedious to... Ugh, "Recharge" your wand every time you want to use it. :v:

Theres just no way of talking about wands without it sounding somewhat lewd.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shadowmorn posted:

Theres just no way of talking about wands without it sounding somewhat lewd.

Minecraft Modding: I need to recharge my wand in your node.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Looks interesting... Based on my increasingly limited knowledge of thaumadoodle, that way of charging a wand wouldn't produce flux, right?

And would you have to polish your wand every so often?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Danny Glands posted:

Looks interesting... Based on my increasingly limited knowledge of thaumadoodle, that way of charging a wand wouldn't produce flux, right?
That's the thing; he's changing how flux, nodes, and pretty much everything in the mod works. So much is changing from 3.0.5h that he may as well call the next update 4.0 rather than 3.1.

insert wand joke here

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So is there an estimate for when this will be out?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Well Tinker's Construct has started it's lovely turn down Mod Bloat lane. There are new "floating islands" which appear to have a lot to do with blue slimes....(loving why???)

Started playing a slightly modded 1.6.2 play and installed it along with a few other mods. Every time I get near one of the crappy floating islands, my game crashes.

I'm not one for reading crash logs so can someone tell me if I'm right in thinking the renderer is the culprit?

http://pastebin.com/mq6MD2Q7

Ah....wait I think I see now, the map I'm using is having an issue rendering the head of the blue slime?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Arkitektbmw posted:

Well Tinker's Construct has started it's lovely turn down Mod Bloat lane. There are new "floating islands" which appear to have a lot to do with blue slimes....(loving why???)
Blue slimes are one of the most pointless and out of place additions to Tinkers Construct. In a mod about ores, alloys, and custom tools, why introduce a new mob with edible slime? It's such a low-level resource why would we even bother going to floating islands and poo poo for it?

GhostSeven
Apr 23, 2005

Yesterday Was A Million Years Ago

metasynthetic posted:

Well guys,
:siren:Effector Fields R0.0.1 for Minecraft 1.5.2 released!:siren:

Meta, this is in the latest Toast 4.2.4 (just released) thanks for a very cool mod and the helpful advice on block ID's

:woop: :woop:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Well i can safely say im done with tech blocks again for awhile, beekeeping kinda took the wind out of my sails.

I can see why the various goons have advised me off it. Jesus gently caress it took way more effort then reward to get pollen and royal jelly for the bigger beehives. And i was not against mild cheating, AND i had the help of thaumic tinkerers transmuter, AND i was on easy mode because how much seed oil got kicked in the head is loving pathetic...

:suicide:

I'll admit the bee swarms when they are working, the butterflies flying around them and the ever expanding field of flowers around the hives is a cute touch 'tho. Ambience is always nice.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 12, 2013

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

GhostSeven posted:

Meta, this is in the latest Toast 4.2.4 (just released) thanks for a very cool mod and the helpful advice on block ID's

:woop: :woop:

Awesome. Let me know if you run into any issues using it in a server environment.

Didn't have much time to work on it this weekend, but I was able to add some functionality to the tool besides just rotating stuff. (Which I'm not showing yet because it's still ugly-looking.) Want to add at least one type of emitter and field before the next release.

I'm kind of torn on how I should be implementing new blocks. Right now I just have a separate block ID for each combo of tier / invert, but as I add different field and emitter types it's going to grow geometrically. Tile entities seem like the natural solution, but I'm trying to be mindful of potential memory issues. I'm trying to design with a large multi user server environment in mind, with the potential of thousands of effector blocks being out in the world at the same time. This is part of the reason why I decided to eschew energy consuming blocks (so far), as as far as I know it would require the emitter blocks to all continuously do updateTicks. At the moment they only update when something actually changes.

Edit: I can see I need to make the vaporizable blocks user-configurable, god drat all these flowers

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 12, 2013

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007

metasynthetic posted:

This is part of the reason why I decided to eschew energy consuming blocks (so far), as as far as I know it would require the emitter blocks to all continuously do updateTicks. At the moment they only update when something actually changes.

You could always provide upgrade slots & items instead of consuming power. Sticking with your vanilla item them it wouldn't be terribly arduous to make 5 redstone and 4 each of iron/gold/diamond/emerald "power sources" that increase the max range.

code:
RIR
IRI
RIR

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Gorfob posted:

You could always provide upgrade slots & items instead of consuming power. Sticking with your vanilla item them it wouldn't be terribly arduous to make 5 redstone and 4 each of iron/gold/diamond/emerald "power sources" that increase the max range.

code:
RIR
IRI
RIR

I've considered this, but if I do I'd need to make some kind of "assembly table" block so upgraded blocks could be produced / broken down en masse as adding upgrades to each individual emitter sounds fiddly and annoying. I've also considered having some kind of master power block that just powers all emitters in X range and sends out an update notice to them as needed. I'm more concerned with adding new functionality than making currentTier + 1 blocks at the moment though.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Does anyone know how to get a listing of Entity IDs for a given mod configuration? I'm messing around with MATmos in Hexxit for fun and want to have boss music. This is easy enough for the Ender Dragon and Wither, who have known static Entity IDs, but the Better Dungeons mobs and Twilight Forest bosses are eluding me. It seems like their Entity IDs might be dynamic, and set only when the mods are loaded, but I really don't know. As far as I can tell, NEI can only dump block and item IDs, while Entity IDs remain entirely obscure.

swampface
Apr 30, 2005

Soiled Meat
Is there a way to increase the amount of quartz generated in tekkit? I've adjusted all the other ores upwards using the thermal expansion, but don't see a way to increase quartz.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

swampface posted:

Is there a way to increase the amount of quartz generated in tekkit? I've adjusted all the other ores upwards using the thermal expansion, but don't see a way to increase quartz.

Should be an option in AE config, though it is a little more vague than the TE options.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So does anyone have any recommendations on what resources work best with TC bows/arrows? I've heard that paper arrow shafts helps make lightweight and accurate arrows.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Fortis posted:

Does anyone know how to get a listing of Entity IDs for a given mod configuration? I'm messing around with MATmos in Hexxit for fun and want to have boss music. This is easy enough for the Ender Dragon and Wither, who have known static Entity IDs, but the Better Dungeons mobs and Twilight Forest bosses are eluding me. It seems like their Entity IDs might be dynamic, and set only when the mods are loaded, but I really don't know. As far as I can tell, NEI can only dump block and item IDs, while Entity IDs remain entirely obscure.

Let me know how you get along with MATmos, after installing it, it kept causing crash to desktop's for me with zero heads up. I think it was related to rainfall starting but you cant ever be sure. :v:

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Is there any way to setup MultiMC with version 1.6.2 ?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Wow, look at this tranquil pad!

Welcome to the juice bar.

Check out the rack of juice.

And the wall of gems (truly truly outrageous).

If only I wasn't the only person on server.

Seriously though, kinda digging on underground biomes and gems+, I can see why the bloat would annoy people but running around in jade armor is fun.

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Glad you're having fun, the server hasn't been seeing as much use as it had been, so it's nice to have someone on there. We still have plenty of room for people, just send me a PM.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

We also have room on our server, using a modified and updated version of BigDig. Custom pack on launcher, you don't have to do anything. Very few people actively playing (me and Nastyman pretty much), but I would love some company.
Server is based in Stockholm, so northern European goons prefer I guess. Though anyone goes. PM me or contact me on Steam, Dunno1987.

Might as well post pack:
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/dunno-pack.72081

Updated most main mods, removed extra bees because I couldn't find a working updated version and didn't bother adding the old back in again, added furniture mod and probably some more. Couldn't get powersuit addons to work, but didn't really try hard either.
Had Railcraft, but the server crashed, including control panel and everything, so removed. Might be a coincidence though, so going to try and add it again.

And Egrogonous Beef (misspelled that probably, sorry!), where can I find the latest version of Big Reactors? I can only find 0.13 on your website, and I am to dumb to use Github :(

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 13, 2013

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Dunno-Lars posted:

And Egrogonous Beef (misspelled that probably, sorry!), where can I find the latest version of Big Reactors? I can only find 0.13 on your website, and I am to dumb to use Github :(

0.1.13 is the current release version. 0.2 is what I'm developing right now. I'm going to be traveling for work during the latter half of this month, so it won't be out before September. :(

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Dunno-Lars posted:

We also have room on our server, using a modified and updated version of BigDig. Custom pack on launcher, you don't have to do anything. Very few people actively playing (me and Nastyman pretty much), but I would love some company.
Server is based in Stockholm, so northern European goons prefer I guess. Though anyone goes. PM me or contact me on Steam, Dunno1987.

Might as well post pack:
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/dunno-pack.72081

Updated most main mods, removed extra bees because I couldn't find a working updated version and didn't bother adding the old back in again, added furniture mod and probably some more. Couldn't get powersuit addons to work, but didn't really try hard either.
Had Railcraft, but the server crashed, including control panel and everything, so removed. Might be a coincidence though, so going to try and add it again.

Come for the hallingsaum, stay for the war crimes and fried chicken!

VVVVVV Those villagers had wives :( or at least golems, that's almost like a wife. I dunno, prison does things to a man, anyway the point is we don't have a septic tank anymore.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 13, 2013

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

I REDUCED LAG! No war crimes!

Erogenous Beef: I remember you talking about a 0.17 or am I just imagining it? The 0.13 have the annoying bug that it stops working if part of the reactor is in a chunk that is unloaded. I think that is what's causing it, as it just stops working. And of course, having to find some yellow stuff. Or is the UE nuclear mods uranium replacing it? I hope not, as that poo poo is rare for some reason.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I am running two MFR farms that are 25x25 and two that are 15x15. Two of them are oak trees (the 25x25), one is wheat and the other is cotton (the 15x15). My problem is our wheat farm is barely producing any extra seeds. We have a ton of wheat and it keeps the plot of land planted and harvested but there are only a few stacks of seeds and they are sitting in the planter. Is there a reason for this? I do notice when I visit sometimes I'll pick up seeds and saplings on the ground.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

tonic316 posted:

So I am running two MFR farms that are 25x25 and two that are 15x15. Two of them are oak trees (the 25x25), one is wheat and the other is cotton (the 15x15). My problem is our wheat farm is barely producing any extra seeds. We have a ton of wheat and it keeps the plot of land planted and harvested but there are only a few stacks of seeds and they are sitting in the planter. Is there a reason for this? I do notice when I visit sometimes I'll pick up seeds and saplings on the ground.

How are you routing seeds back to the planter? Depending on what pack you're on I would recommend using insertion pipes. Insertion pipes put items in to a container of they can take it and bypass it if they can't so you don't have like diamond pipes splitting it in half but most of them fall out and disappear.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Prokhor posted:

How are you routing seeds back to the planter? Depending on what pack you're on I would recommend using insertion pipes. Insertion pipes put items in to a container of they can take it and bypass it if they can't so you don't have like diamond pipes splitting it in half but most of them fall out and disappear.

The planter works fine I believe as I have a full field of wheat at all times. I am just not getting a good set of seeds sitting in my ME system for having a 15x15. I have an item tesserect sitting directly on the planter. For the harvester I have an ender chest slapped up directly against the harvester. Then another ender chest is hooked up to an import bus into my ME system.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

Dunno-Lars posted:

Erogenous Beef: I remember you talking about a 0.17 or am I just imagining it? The 0.13 have the annoying bug that it stops working if part of the reactor is in a chunk that is unloaded. I think that is what's causing it, as it just stops working. And of course, having to find some yellow stuff. Or is the UE nuclear mods uranium replacing it? I hope not, as that poo poo is rare for some reason.

That's not a bug; the reactor can't operate if part of it is unloaded, as the bits that are unloaded may actually contain parts of the simulation. If any part of the reactor unloads, the whole thing pauses until the machine is whole again. You can use UE uranium, but I think yellorium is more common by default.

I think you're imagining 0.17. You might be thinking of 0.1.7, which is an older version than the current 0.1.13. The most current version can always be found on the Big Reactors website.

I've talked about 0.2 in the future, which will of course start with 0.2.0 and go up from there.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

tonic316 posted:

It might be bad luck. Wheat gives between 0 and three seeds when harvested, so your total number of wheat seeds won't rise as quickly as your total number of carrots or whatever. So long as the number is rising I'd say you're doing fine.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Prokhor posted:

If you put it right alongside the inventory (in this case, the planter) diamond pipes work as well as insertion pipes - filter the seeds towards the planter, and if there's not room, the diamond pipe will send them the other available direction, along with everything that's not the filtered seeds. (Buildcraft diamond pipes are smart enough now to look into an inventory that's directly attached and not try to send items into a full inventory even if that's the direction they're filtered towards.)

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Erogenous Beef posted:

That's not a bug; the reactor can't operate if part of it is unloaded, as the bits that are unloaded may actually contain parts of the simulation. If any part of the reactor unloads, the whole thing pauses until the machine is whole again. You can use UE uranium, but I think yellorium is more common by default.

I think you're imagining 0.17. You might be thinking of 0.1.7, which is an older version than the current 0.1.13. The most current version can always be found on the Big Reactors website.

I've talked about 0.2 in the future, which will of course start with 0.2.0 and go up from there.

Erogenous, can you allow your reactor casing and glass to be replaced with barriers from the effector fields mod? I want a reactor held together by force fields :science:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

^^
That would be awesome.

Erogenous Beef posted:

I believe people are confused by the third number actually being the build number - for those people, you read those as "0.1 build 7" and "0.1 build 13". Builds are less major changes that don't justify going up a full version, or even a full .1 of a version.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Erogenous Beef posted:

Does it use the yellowcake, refined uranium or the fuel rod? CAuse I got some of those sticking around, but Mekanism stuff always causes my computer to lag with all the block updates and noise and stuff.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Erogenous, can you allow your reactor casing and glass to be replaced with barriers from the effector fields mod? I want a reactor held together by force fields :science:

Difficult, but I can look into it. Don't expect it any time soon.

m2pt5 posted:

I believe people are confused by the third number actually being the build number - for those people, you read those as "0.1 build 7" and "0.1 build 13". Builds are less major changes that don't justify going up a full version, or even a full .1 of a version.

Ah yeah, I assume most folks are familiar with versioning schemes. To wit: <major> . <minor> . <build>

Major versions denote compatibility-shattering, entire-mod-altering changes. Think EE2, EE3.

Minor versions denote significant changes and feature additions. So, when I add a new feature (e.g. RedNet), I bump the minor number.

Build versions are simply serial numbers; every public release in the same Major.Minor line will have a different build number. These may contain minor features, but are usually just tweaks and bugfixes.

EDIT:

RaspberryCommie posted:

Does it use the yellowcake, refined uranium or the fuel rod? CAuse I got some of those sticking around, but Mekanism stuff always causes my computer to lag with all the block updates and noise and stuff.

Uh.. not sure. Whatever has the ore dictionary entry for ingotUranium in Atomic Science. I haven't seriously played with it since Cal updated his fission reactors to be stackable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

senae posted:

It might be bad luck. Wheat gives between 0 and three seeds when harvested, so your total number of wheat seeds won't rise as quickly as your total number of carrots or whatever. So long as the number is rising I'd say you're doing fine.

Could be that, however when I used thaum craft golems we had a boat load of seeds. Also should my oak tree farms be having random saplings on the sides just chilling?

• Locked thread