Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober McNulty
Mar 8, 2005
MrJoey35

Science posted:

Fitbit Flex to quantify how sedentary I am. My real interest is in the sleep analytics and soundless alarm though. :3:

I've been using mine for about 3 months now and I've noticed the sleep analysis is either waaaaay too sensitive or practically off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sober McNulty posted:

I've been using mine for about 3 months now and I've noticed the sleep analysis is either waaaaay too sensitive or practically off.

Does the soundless alarm work? What device do you use to connect with it?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

colas posted:

Does it stay cool when gaming?

Not with the default fan settings, but I installed a fan controller and jacking up the rpm makes a huge difference.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I showed up 10 minutes after they opened, they had 33 left.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-12th-anniversary-bitter-chocolate-oatmeal-stout/89707/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Today's TeeFury shirt in blue :3:

Sober McNulty
Mar 8, 2005
MrJoey35

colas posted:

Does the soundless alarm work? What device do you use to connect with it?

To tell you the truth I honestly haven't really messed with the alarm much. When I did I found that it would shake maybe 3 - 5 times then stop. I am a heavy sleeper so that didn't help much. I was expecting it to keep shaking till I turned it off.

It comes with a small usb dongle that connects wirelessly to the fit bit whenever you are in range and uploads your stats to the site. Or will connect, via bluetooth, to your phone.

Sober McNulty has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Aug 11, 2013

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
If you're interested in the sleep analytics/alarm function but don't want to shell out the money for a fitbit/jawbone/whatever device, there are phone apps that do the same thing. In theory, anyway; I'm not sure how useful or accurate any of these things are at the moment.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

nocal posted:

If you're interested in the sleep analytics/alarm function but don't want to shell out the money for a fitbit/jawbone/whatever device, there are phone apps that do the same thing. In theory, anyway; I'm not sure how useful or accurate any of these things are at the moment.

I don't think it would work on me. I got one for my dad though.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Not with the default fan settings, but I installed a fan controller and jacking up the rpm makes a huge difference.

Yeah, I use SMC Fan Control on mine when the entire thing warmed up from gaming. I was just wondering if new macbooks maybe ran cooler than older ones.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

I had :10bux: from Best Buy for not shopping there in a while, so I figured why not. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it seems awesome.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nice!

I just finished a growler of their Coconut IPA collab with R&R. Pretty good, only a slight hint of coconut, the hops def. overpower it (not surprising considering it's stone). I'm such a fanboy for Stone though...

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

New bedding! I only will have six of the nine pillows shown, though.

So excited.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

Nice!

I just finished a growler of their Coconut IPA collab with R&R. Pretty good, only a slight hint of coconut, the hops def. overpower it (not surprising considering it's stone). I'm such a fanboy for Stone though...

Yeah, I picked up some of that the other day. If you let it warm up a bit you can get more coconut out of it, but otherwise it's just there for mouthfeel. I'm going to miss Stone more than the rest of socal I think.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

mad.radhu posted:

Yeah, I picked up some of that the other day. If you let it warm up a bit you can get more coconut out of it, but otherwise it's just there for mouthfeel. I'm going to miss Stone more than the rest of socal I think.

Ahhh drat, I didn't even think of that... Ah well.

The restaurant attached to the brewery was probably one of the best meals I had on my visit to San Diego.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I got a phono preamp,

And a disc cleaner brush,

To go with this,

Now I can finally listen to my vinyl again. This makes me a happy panda.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

nocal posted:

I have the flex and the sleep is pretty accurate for me. Apparently I don't like my wifes alarm clock going off in the morning, even though I don't even consciously wake up over it. I doubt it's her movements setting it off since we have a memory foam bed that doesn't move (like the commercial with the bowling ball and glass of wine) when the other does, and I sleep with my hand with the flex on under a pillow.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Nikonos III by g.hetzel, on Flickr

:whatup:

Old school underwater 35mm camera. Good down to 50 meters.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Casu Marzu posted:

That's awesome! How much did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

App13 posted:

That's awesome! How much did you get it for, if you don't mind my asking.

Got it for just over $90 shipped.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Luggage rack arrived the other day.

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/exclusive-and-vintage/metropolitan-line-luggage-racks/product/raw-metropolitan-line-luggage-rack-large.html

The packaging details are sooooo nice

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.
cat mecha tshirt :3

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

If you need any lenses for it let me know. I have a broken Nikonos IV with some lenses that I'm pretty sure are compatible with the III. I'd let them go fairly cheap. They're in storage right now though so I won't really have access to them for another month. Enjoy, it's an awesome little camera. I liked mine a lot until it flooded.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
:steam::hf::retrogames:

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

I'm poor once again.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

ishimaru posted:

Cole Haan Air Grant
I saw Woot Fatigue wearing these on instagram.
Perfect mix of class and party.

Adult game on lock.

My influence is spreading. *evil grin*

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Found an amazon voucher whilst cleaning so got some books.

woot fatigue posted:

My influence is spreading. *evil grin*

woot have you ever sat in or used the rocker version of that chair? I really like to rock in my chairs and not just when playing Bon Jovi. However I'd use it more for light desk work with a wireless keyboard, wondered if the height and tilt is too far 'off' from being used at a desk?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

nocal posted:

Anyone know if there's something similar that just tracks sleep? I don't really need the other functions, and I've found the phone apps hit or miss.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Creepy Goat posted:

Found an amazon voucher whilst cleaning so got some books.

woot have you ever sat in or used the rocker version of that chair? I really like to rock in my chairs and not just when playing Bon Jovi. However I'd use it more for light desk work with a wireless keyboard, wondered if the height and tilt is too far 'off' from being used at a desk?

It's going to be a bit too low. Surprisingly comfortable chair though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Anyone know if there's something similar that just tracks sleep? I don't really need the other functions, and I've found the phone apps hit or miss.

There are watches that just track sleep. Don't remember brand names off the top of my head but they are over ~$100

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The Breaking Bad season pass on XBox live. Because I'm too cheap to pay for cable, but I want to talk to my friends and use the internet before the show comes to Netflix.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bought this for my small living room:

Not blow you away sound quality, but way better than my tv speakers and actually having bass is really nice.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Zojirushi 3-cup electric rice cooker, just like one of my Japanese animes

Arc'teryx Atom SV jacket

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

mr. mephistopheles posted:

The Sigma 35 is notably better but it is from a new redesigned Sigma launched in the past year. The 85 is really solid but has the quality control issues that plagued their old designs and I wish they would update it.

Just had a call from the place I ordered the 85mm from, apparently it's just been discontinued and they asked if I wanted to wait to see if a new model was released. Maybe we are getting an Art update :woop:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Creepy Goat posted:

Just had a call from the place I ordered the 85mm from, apparently it's just been discontinued and they asked if I wanted to wait to see if a new model was released. Maybe we are getting an Art update :woop:

Oh god I hope so.

KillGizmo
Jul 11, 2001

Run you little bastard! Run!

I still have a few bottles of this sitting in my cellar from when it first came out. If you try it soon let me know how it's holding up.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Grrl Anachronism posted:

http://www.beddit.com/

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Not even fully funded yet? Doh.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

KillGizmo posted:

I still have a few bottles of this sitting in my cellar from when it first came out. If you try it soon let me know how it's holding up.

I don't plan on opening it until late November-ish, if I remember i'll let you know.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Pitch posted:

Zojirushi 3-cup electric rice cooker, just like one of my Japanese animes

Out of curiosity do you happen to know how long it takes for that to just do one cup? Or all 3 cups I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Unfortunately, way way out of my price range. I don't mind wearing a wrist sensor but drat, that's steep.

• Locked thread