Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, seeing that mage tank nearly lose all his HP from a single lighting breath was funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, seeing that mage tank nearly lose all his HP from a single lighting breath was funny as hell.

Well, to elaborate, they have this shield charge thing that takes damage for them, kind of like a personal defiler.

The thing is, that thing can't be targeted by anything else, it is just an extra pool of hp basically, except it dies on hits that aren't lethal to the tank. And then you have to resummon it.

As-is I believe it's meant to be played with purifier if they don't adjust its hp to scale appropriately to tank hp.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 11, 2013

az
Dec 2, 2005

Heh, one of the first experiences I had in this game was getting scammed (I believe) by someone else. I was doing my early profession quests in the defiant lowby zone, fishing a bit for a quest when someone next to me asked me if I could help them get some. We spend 90 minutes fishing and having small talk and he graciously offered to pay 50 Gold per fish, which came out to like 50 plat, and parted ways. A while later I came to the town and checked the auction house out of curiosity, pretty much all the types of fish I gave him went for at least twice at least :cry:

deepsquid
Feb 3, 2012
Hello... rolled a Priest on deepwood. Name = Oakenfeld. Sending request for guild invite in game.

Or perhaps I'm not... My char is Defiant, and I cannot find "goon" or "squad" in the guild finder. hmmmmm.

deepsquid fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 11, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Both Defiant and Guardians can be in the same guild on PVE servers. Someone will invite you eventually.

deepsquid
Feb 3, 2012
Cool just wanted to make sure you folks hadn't transferred to another shard. Thank you good sir!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Map of morban I found on the rift forums. I added a few other spots found by some other dude and will update when they confirm more nodes. This is for the summerfest thingy.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Kreczor posted:

Map of morban I found on the rift forums. I added a few other spots found by some other dude and will update when they confirm more nodes. This is for the summerfest thingy.

I have to say, I really liked how easy part 2 was. It was really nice not needing a guide until I got lazy and didn't want to run around Morban for the last 4 brews.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Kreczor posted:

Good map, I'm keeping this up as i get this poo poo quest done

http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/07/25/summerfest-2013-storm-legion-new-content-guide/

There is a code section in the comments to load into a mod called TomTom that you can use as well. I kicked that off and its pretty accurate, helps me guide with a map. Just make sure to remember elevation changes if you have trouble finding a spot.

I can't find any discussion of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EXcmABUeGM. 12 minutes in, Low hanging glutes and our brother doesn't even take the slide. Talk about not exploring the best parts of a dimension!

Can we make a penis bridge now on the water elevator and get him to go back to the dimension? And remember guys, be legendary.

Langolas fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 12, 2013

Gloyn
Apr 25, 2005
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
Oh early morning Rift. Time to start mourning Kreczor's account none the less.

http://imgur.com/vFRea7G

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is trading gold on EU server for gold on the US server a thing? I'm getting up there in platinum on my EU character(Made it at the time of the Summerfest gifts.)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Gloyn posted:

Oh god why the hell is there an Ayn Rand quote.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Zoness posted:

The Fountainhead ERP will be replacing weekly raiding for the forseeable future.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

Neat addition to the Guild dimension just for you (mid finger construction)!

necrotic fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 12, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I don't think anyone would want to do that :gonk:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Neat addition to the Guild dimension just for you (mid finger construction)!

W-w-why would you go through all this effort for me, s-s-stupid?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

W-w-why would you go through all this effort for me, s-s-stupid?

Blame Belos. It now sits on the side of our truck.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

necrotic posted:

Blame Belos. It now sits on the side of our truck.

I only did as I was asked to do. Or volunteered to do. Same thing, right?

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Honk honk gently caress zoness.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

vandiar posted:

Honk honk gently caress zoness.

Fuzzy dice are absolutely my favorite detail on that image.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gloyn posted:

Wait, I can scam? gently caress that's way easier than selling poo poo.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Not really iirc but the pubbie who sent kreczor a ring sells summer fest rings via gifts; I.e he's hosed

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

KaneTW posted:

Not really iirc but the pubbie who sent kreczor a ring sells summer fest rings via gifts; I.e he's hosed

I am pretty sure you can still do that and be the scammer ;)

Specially if you have dozens of "satisfied customers" to back you up.

edit:
I somehow missed this on the puri changes thread on thursday:

quote:

In regards to Life's Rapture, it is also receiving an update to use smart healing. For both of these abilities they won't be wasting one of their AOE targets on someone who has a blocker on them. They'll just exclude those people and move on to another person.

I'm also reducing the cooldown on Flame of Life and the duration of the blocking debuff to 90s so things match up with Life's Rapture.

Smart healing on the pally ability and lining up the puri CD is naice.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 12, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

Specially if you have dozens of "satisfied customers" to back you up.

edit:
I somehow missed this on the puri changes thread on thursday:

Smart healing on the pally ability and lining up the puri CD is naice.

i dont think people even really use paladin apart from on ultane but its a nice change

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

i dont think people even really use paladin apart from on ultane but its a nice change

You should probably talk to our warrior tank :allears:. I don't know what fight it's on but I know he uses Paladin for something!

I think twins when we did 4 tanks and yup that's about it we don't really use a warrior tank outside of 3 tank fights in the 20 mans.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 12, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

deimos posted:

No I meant the pubbie who sent him the ring is hosed since he's abusing a mechanic for gifts, not secure trading.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I did nothing wrong. I'm innocent!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

You should probably talk to our warrior tank :allears:. I don't know what fight it's on but I know he uses Paladin for something!

I think twins when we did 4 tanks and yup that's about it we don't really use a warrior tank outside of 3 tank fights in the 20 mans.

regulos maybe? i can see why but regulos tanking depends on raw hp/armor and there's a better build for that (61vk or the max endurance warrior build). the only other 3 tank fight is goloch and afaik everyone does 41/35 on that to get hella big dps numbers :pcgaming:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Estranged Brew google doc map.

Now with 100 percent more zooming.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQOWktnoJ6OZGNHWjh6cmQ0M1U/edit?pli=1

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Kreczor posted:

I did nothing wrong. I'm innocent!

You did do nothing wrong. That pubby just wanted to give you a shiny new toy! That was awful nice of him to do that too!

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
After how much I'd heard about how awful Matriarch and the progression attempts on her were, I'm insanely impressed by how well executed that kill last night was. That did not feel like a second kill at all.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

That was third or fourth, wasn't it?

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
was it? I thought last reset was first kill hence the first pulls on regulos.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

We killed Goloch one Wednesday ago and did Regulos pulls the previous Monday.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Did they remove the ability to COD things? Why would that pubbie just send people poo poo for free, hoping they'd pay?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Last night would have been matriarch 3, Goloch 2

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Did they remove the ability to COD things? Why would that pubbie just send people poo poo for free, hoping they'd pay?

The rings in question are BoA and sold using the cash shop's gift function. Which Trion won't appreciate for obvious reasons so if you don't get paid it's your problem.

E: ^^ did anything good drop (Mage loot that is)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

KaneTW posted:

The rings in question are BoA and sold using the cash shop's gift function. Which Trion won't appreciate for obvious reasons so if you don't get paid it's your problem.

E: ^^ did anything good drop (Mage loot that is)

A bunch of spell crit cloth dropped.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Last night would have been matriarch 3, Goloch 2

would have? :what:

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
With my Internet, I can be a pessimist. On the bright side, I have a new router on the way. I guess 13 years is a long time for routers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I managed to get my old account back up and running. In as Dominatrika/Kelmoreem.

• Locked thread