Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Feats of Strength posted:

My two main gripes with Silverstag are the awful banners, they're far too photo like and modern most of them to seem realistic in a medieval setting. Secondly is the skill requirement for most of the armor, it makes giving yourself and companions semi-decent armour nigh-on impossible without putting an insane amount of hours into the game/wasting skill points on strength and agility that would be better placed in intelligence and charisma. Fortunately these issues can be changed pretty easily, so I'm not too fussed :)

The new way recruitment works is interesting, and the fact that you can now give companions party rolls such as Storkeeper is absolutely brilliant. Hopefully Taleworlds will take on board many of these features for M&B 2. The only thing missing is some kind of implementation of Freelancer.

I like that each companion has certain skills at level milestones. Marnid is my amazing castle steward after I took Veluca and Lezalit is my Captain of the Guard because his legendary seige ability makes it impossible for those Rhodak Fucks to take the city back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I like lots of other people here really enjoy Silverstag. However, I'm still not entirely sold on the new troop recruiting system. In principle, I get that the biggest cost of making a troop better is the gear, and that you can "upgrade" troops by firing them at a center and rehiring them as a better troop of the same type (peasant/merc/veteran). That said, training up masses of peasants to become knights was always something I enjoyed and that I miss to some extent. Of course, you can do this with companions to some degree, but it's not quite the same.

Something more problematic about the current system than it not quite satisfying my weird tastes is that rescuing prisoners is now extremely OP. I find the easiest way to get an army off the ground in a fresh game is to snag a few cavalry vets from winning tournaments and then knocking over a prisoner train heading to the Salt Mine. You can get 10,000's of monies worth of troops this way for free, some of which will be very high quality.

I have to say though, my favorite thing about Silverstag is getting to regen a bit of health every time you kill someone. It makes "heroic" playstyles much more feasible in combat i.e. going William Wallace against 50 troops with a two-hander and staying on your feet til the end of the battle, your character model and weapon completely red with the blood of your enemies.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Okay, I've hosed around the game for a 7 hours so far. Managed to get a 80-man party and get into some massive battles. Also, got recruited into the Swadian army and reached the last class available. :black101: Goddamn that lance is nasty.

I'm using Floris - what's the recommended playthrough order, or what things should I be doing/leveling as soon as the game starts?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

what's the recommended playthrough order, or what things should I be doing/leveling as soon as the game starts?
As I've mentioned before it's a sandbox game, so it really depends on what you want to do and what kind of playstyle you want to have while doing it.

You can conquer Calradia without ever seeing the combat screen if that's your thing (just get large armies and out-economy/logistics your competition). You can also do it with a very small army of elites to support you while you devastate enemy armies with your sword/lance/bow/etc (jack up your combat skills and be your army's vanguard). Or you can play general and never swing your sword while issuing commands to the army you've built up to lead them to victory (get lots of leadership and tactics so you can get a numerical advantage and then use the commands and terrain to your advantage).

Ultimately, I think there's really three major ways to play the game with regards to building your character. You either go balls out on Power Strike/Draw/Throw and Riding/Athletics/Shield etc. (STR/AGI combat skills), you jack INT/CHA and be your army's doctor, pathfinder, engineer, and leader, or you strike some kind of balance - get enough STR/AGI to use the gear/horse you want and then enough INT/CHA to take care of some of your army's needs. You can use companions to cover some of the party skills that you don't take yourself, but taking care of them yourself will almost always get you better results.

It's really all up to how you want to play and which mod you're playing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

aparmenideanmonad posted:

As I've mentioned before it's a sandbox game, so it really depends on what you want to do and what kind of playstyle you want to have while doing it.

You can conquer Calradia without ever seeing the combat screen if that's your thing (just get large armies and out-economy/logistics your competition). You can also do it with a very small army of elites to support you while you devastate enemy armies with your sword/lance/bow/etc (jack up your combat skills and be your army's vanguard). Or you can play general and never swing your sword while issuing commands to the army you've built up to lead them to victory (get lots of leadership and tactics so you can get a numerical advantage and then use the commands and terrain to your advantage).

Ultimately, I think there's really three major ways to play the game with regards to building your character. You either go balls out on Power Strike/Draw/Throw and Riding/Athletics/Shield etc. (STR/AGI combat skills), you jack INT/CHA and be your army's doctor, pathfinder, engineer, and leader, or you strike some kind of balance - get enough STR/AGI to use the gear/horse you want and then enough INT/CHA to take care of some of your army's needs. You can use companions to cover some of the party skills that you don't take yourself, but taking care of them yourself will almost always get you better results.

It's really all up to how you want to play and which mod you're playing.

Alright. Two more questions - I'd love to play a charismatic leader, and I love the sword & shield/crossbow combo. Is there any particular "milestone" I should hit with STR/AGI to use good gear while pumping the gently caress out of my Charisma?

Also, is there any way to screw myself up? I pledged my sword to the Spanish/Portuguese guys, and I got gifted a fief. Should I focus on improving it?

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I'm trying to play Silverstag but Jesus the new recruiting system is a killjoy. I've been used to old recruiting system and the joyous tedium of working them up. I understand trying to keep the higher-tier stuff like Swadian Knights and Nord Hurscals a bit out of reach but the whole system seems bizarre now. It would make more sense if you paid for equipment with upgrading instead of this pool system that can be used to trade peasants for Men-at-Arms at the same rate if they killed 1 looter or 100 knights.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Is there anything interesting in Clash of Kings or is it just Floris with a different map?

I messed around with it for a bit but the map felt really empty and devoid of life. It took me almost 10 minutes to find a random bandit party to fight. Eventually I just got bored and went back to Prophesy of Pendor.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Azran posted:

Alright. Two more questions - I'd love to play a charismatic leader, and I love the sword & shield/crossbow combo. Is there any particular "milestone" I should hit with STR/AGI to use good gear while pumping the gently caress out of my Charisma?

Also, is there any way to screw myself up? I pledged my sword to the Spanish/Portuguese guys, and I got gifted a fief. Should I focus on improving it?

You can equip most shields in the game with just 3 skill, so 12 AGI, anything further is really just for improving how much damage your shield can soak before it ends up breaking. Non-bow/throwing weapons only need a certain strength attribute to equip, I think the highest requirement is 15?

Improving fiefs is a tough call. Is it on hotly contested borders? If so, if it flips back and forth you're not guaranteed getting ownership back. For villages, the school can be a good idea regardless of contested borders if you've got the coin laying around though, since it passively increases your relationship with the village over time. With a high enough relation ship with the village, if it does flip to another country, you'll still be able to recruit from it without the morale penalty usually involved in doing this. If it's a castle, the prison tower helps prevent enemy Lords from escaping if you've got them captured which can end up paying for itself since it improves the odds of getting the ransom before they escape.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 29, 2013

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mr.48 posted:

I messed around with it for a bit but the map felt really empty and devoid of life. It took me almost 10 minutes to find a random bandit party to fight. Eventually I just got bored and went back to Prophesy of Pendor.

That was my problem with it too, but it's hard for me to go back to PoP because it doesn't have nearly the same level of eyecandy

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

LP97S posted:

I'm trying to play Silverstag but Jesus the new recruiting system is a killjoy. I've been used to old recruiting system and the joyous tedium of working them up. I understand trying to keep the higher-tier stuff like Swadian Knights and Nord Hurscals a bit out of reach but the whole system seems bizarre now. It would make more sense if you paid for equipment with upgrading instead of this pool system that can be used to trade peasants for Men-at-Arms at the same rate if they killed 1 looter or 100 knights.

I'm having the exact same issue, it somehow feels like they sucked the soul out of building your army. I guess I can see the advantages of the new system, but it managed to kill my desire to play because part of the fun was having your army grow around you as you progressed.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Aside from it's balance advantages, I think Silverstag's recruiting system is better suited to compensating for flaws in the rest of the game. The obtuseness and imprecision of the command interface, the way you occasionally get screwed by random positioning at the start of maps, and so on all ensure that you're always going to have a deal with at least a few bullshit deaths. This really pisses me off when I've trained all my guys up from peasants, and therefore feel personally invested in them.

Treating them like an expendable resource makes it much more palatable. I feel a sense of investiture toward my army as a whole, rather than the individuals who're inevitably going to end up as fodder.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Interested to try out Silverstag - what's this change you talk about, exactly?

As an aside - my army, composed of 115 LVL4-5 dudes faced a Steppe Bandits horde of 500 riders. MEN, CHARGE. :black101: I killed 55 guys, and wounded 26. And I only had 25 deaths, but 55 wounded. Thank goodness for medics. The loot bar had like fifty horses, and the prisoner bar had 150 Steppe Bandits.
It was beautiful.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

In Prophecy of Pendor is it explained why so many people have misshapen heads?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Decrepus posted:

In Prophecy of Pendor is it explained why so many people have misshapen heads?

Try playing with the sound on and it will all make sense.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Azran posted:

Interested to try out Silverstag - what's this change you talk about, exactly?

As an aside - my army, composed of 115 LVL4-5 dudes faced a Steppe Bandits horde of 500 riders. MEN, CHARGE. :black101: I killed 55 guys, and wounded 26. And I only had 25 deaths, but 55 wounded. Thank goodness for medics. The loot bar had like fifty horses, and the prisoner bar had 150 Steppe Bandits.
It was beautiful.

Been playing a little silverstag this week. Here's what i'm finding:

Companions are pretty decent. They get abilities every 10 levels or something. Baheshtur starts becoming an amazing archer for example. In vanilla warband I felt like companions were way worse than normal dudes, but they are powerful in this mod. Some get AOE buffs that increase damage or heal your infantry in battle, it's pretty nice.

Some of the quests are easier to get. You can talk to guild master and get a list of quests instead of just randomly getting one. Bandit hideouts respawn everyday. This is amazing xp and $ early on, and makes leveling your companions a lot easier, since you can grab the quest from the lord again everyday, clearing the hideout, redoing it, getting about 5000xp every quest. Super-nice early on.

Relations seem a lot easier to accumulate. Winning tournaments with other lords in them can raise relations with them. Fighting battles with them does too, then you talk to them later and they reminisce about the battle, giving you even more.

You can also set-up autolooting, which is cool. You can set-up a guy that holds all your loot for easier storage and selling. You can set-up a guy that automatically sells your prisoners.

And some minor skill changes are added. Like shield is now based on strength, when I think it used to be agility(?) And some skills are party now instead of leader/personal. Some armor has had a lot of STR requirements added, and horses have higher riding requirements.

Plus all the stuff you should have anyways baked-in, like diplomacy and extended battle orders stuff.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 6, 2013

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I really like the Silverstag enhancements. At first I wasn't too thrilled about the changes done to recruitment but since battles can take more of a toll on your troops, it makes it easier to stock back up on the T3 troops you just lost.

And companions rock now. Marnid makes it so Veluca is rolling around in cash as the administrator and Katrin refills the arrows on my troops. I've had a defense at Veluca with Lezalit as my Captain of the Guard against 2k Nords versus my 400 and thanks to his Legendary Seige Defense ability we rocked their poo poo hard.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

darkhand posted:

Been playing a little silverstag this week. Here's what i'm finding:

Companions are pretty decent. They get abilities every 10 levels or something. Baheshtur starts becoming an amazing archer for example. In vanilla warband I felt like companions were way worse than normal dudes, but they are powerful in this mod. Some get AOE buffs that increase damage or heal your infantry in battle, it's pretty nice.

Some of the quests are easier to get. You can talk to guild master and get a list of quests instead of just randomly getting one. Bandit hideouts respawn everyday. This is amazing xp and $ early on, and makes leveling your companions a lot easier, since you can grab the quest from the lord again everyday, clearing the hideout, redoing it, getting about 5000xp every quest. Super-nice early on.

Relations seem a lot easier to accumulate. Winning tournaments with other lords in them can raise relations with them. Fighting battles with them does too, then you talk to them later and they reminisce about the battle, giving you even more.

You can also set-up autolooting, which is cool. You can set-up a guy that holds all your loot for easier storage and selling. You can set-up a guy that automatically sells your prisoners.

And some minor skill changes are added. Like shield is now based on strength, when I think it used to be agility(?) And some skills are party now instead of leader/personal. Some armor has had a lot of STR requirements added, and horses have higher riding requirements.

Plus all the stuff you should have anyways baked-in, like diplomacy and extended battle orders stuff.

That sounds great. What about disadvantages? Any particular gripes you've got with it?

Also, gently caress siege battles where there's only a siege tower. :argh:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

(playing Pendor)

What determines the companion army size? I tried searching but some people say fief wealth, some say renoun, some say leadership. A lot of my companions have small armies but some have massive ones, the most massive of which is from a guy who owns a single village on the front-line.

Also two companions I made lords in desperation continue to feed themselves into the jaws of enemy armies which causes them to lose relation to me at a constant rate. If I indict them with treason will I still be able to hire them back later on?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Azran posted:

That sounds great. What about disadvantages? Any particular gripes you've got with it?

Also, gently caress siege battles where there's only a siege tower. :argh:

Like was said, but recruitment in this mod is different. Normally you goto villages and recruit t1/t2 troops, level them up into whatever you want. Silverstag works like this: Villages have certain amounts of objects, say 30 recruits, 2 veterans, and 15 horses. Each troop takes a bunch of money to buy outright and one of the object. Nord Huscarls need 600-800$(?) each, and a veteran. Veterans are decently rare and you need to accomplish certain things to get them, like winning tournaments. T1-4 just use Recruit objects, most places have about 30 available each cycle. Mounted troops take Mounts, most villages have around 15 or so per cycle.

With this system you're only really limited from money. Buying troops takes a lot of money, and there's no way to level up a nord recruit into a huscarl without Dismissing the recruit and buying the huscarl(if you have veterans at the fief).

Tournaments are weird too. In native I would edit the .ini to let me bet a bunch of $ on myself. In this one the tournament is nearly completely revamped to be more "fair", personally I don't like it, but it does seem more fair on certain aspects. It does allow you to win a lot of money from tournements, and if you win the tournament you get some very high end game items.

Tournaments are a much bigger deal in this too. They give you money, exp, renown, lord relations, city relations, veteran unlocks, and if you get #1 place you get some good items. You get quests telling you whenever there are tournaments, and they happen constantly, so they are or can be a pretty big part of your income.

Autolooting/autoequiping is ok, but not really good. I'm sure that has to do with engine limitations, but some weapons are still straight up unusable on companions. I still end up having to micromanage all their weapons anyways, but for horses and armor it works decently.

All in all the mod is solid and very natural; pretty much how Warband should have been, like other have said.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 7, 2013

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Is anyone else having problems with the TaleWorlds forums? It keeps telling me I've been banned, but I've never even created an account there.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'
I haven't played in a long time and it was the Floris Mod I used.

Was there any advantage to using crossbow troops instead of longbow?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah crossbows are very powerful versus armored units. The AI is pretty accurate with them too. Crossbows are "worse" in open plains, but better in seiges. Bows are slightly more mobile, and on paper their DPS is higher, but it doesn't really work out like that in battles.

AI with bow is extremely inaccurate, so you get awesome neato hail of arrows effects, but all the arrows end up in the ground or on shields, and it takes A LOT of arrows to break shields. Compare that to a crossbowers where every volley is taking out 3-4 dudes.

That being said, Sarranid Master Archers and Vaegir Archers are still sickeningly powerful on the field. If you position any of the high-tier ranged troops they do a lot of killing

darkhand fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 7, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Decided to check up on the Caribbean! mod that's supposed to be coming up. Some awfully pretty screenshots, let's see if they have an ETA nailed down yet!

February 2013. :suicide:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Expansion, And it is coming out in mid September apparently.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

(playing Pendor)

What determines the companion army size? I tried searching but some people say fief wealth, some say renoun, some say leadership. A lot of my companions have small armies but some have massive ones, the most massive of which is from a guy who owns a single village on the front-line.

Also two companions I made lords in desperation continue to feed themselves into the jaws of enemy armies which causes them to lose relation to me at a constant rate. If I indict them with treason will I still be able to hire them back later on?

Companion (and NPC lords) have no limit on their army size. The amount/quality of lands they have just determines how many troops they will accumulate without interference and will also cause them to regain those troops faster after they get wrecked. The reason that you will see their army size occasionally shoot up is from rescuing prisoners. In PoP there will often be small bands of Jatu or elite knights running around with 60+ prisoners, which makes them slow enough for your companions to catch. This is also why you should bring a companion with you whenever you siege a town/castle that has a shitload of prisoners. You may not have room in your army to hire all of them but your companion can absorb all of the overflow that would otherwise go to waste (incidentally, someone really needs to make a mod that automatically throws all the overflow prisoners into the garrison when you successfully take over a town/castle by yourself).

As to your second question, I'm not sure as I've never done this before. Companion vassals don't ever rebel or anything AFAIK so you should be able to just ignore their relation unless it's bothering you for some reason.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've bought the game on steam summer sale, and so far I love it. I haven't gotten any mods yet, but in my limited time I've clocked around 50 h already. I've got only one problem - those loving tournaments where you get a lance, and you miss your opponent on your first clash.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Those 1v1 lance battles are so dumb. You basically just circle each other endlessly until you can manage to get them to ride into a wall, or you get off your horse and lure them into running into a wall.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The thing I love about lancing is how it's almost always better to thrust rather than to actually couch because of the extra reach that thrusting gives you. :pseudo:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

alex314 posted:

I've bought the game on steam summer sale, and so far I love it. I haven't gotten any mods yet, but in my limited time I've clocked around 50 h already. I've got only one problem - those loving tournaments where you get a lance, and you miss your opponent on your first clash.

Silverstag lets you actually choose your loadout at the start of the tournament, which solves those unfortunate RNG-fuckery problems (like that, or starting as a foot archer against a team of horses, or as an unshielded sword guy against a team of archers, etc). Once you get sick of vanilla you should give it a shot.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Silverstag lets you actually choose your loadout at the start of the tournament, which solves those unfortunate RNG-fuckery problems (like that, or starting as a foot archer against a team of horses, or as an unshielded sword guy against a team of archers, etc). Once you get sick of vanilla you should give it a shot.

I finally got around to installing SilverStag and holy poo poo, it's a completely different game now. Surfacing a bunch of information managed to make the thing a lot more interesting and less hit'n'miss.

Still managed to piss off Nissa by running after the jerk throwing javelins, but tournaments are now a fuckton of fun. Steppe Bandits still kick my teeth in.

About the only wrinkle is the one battle map with an enormous mountain; Having my cavalry charge from the top of that was slightly silly.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Hav posted:

I finally got around to installing SilverStag and holy poo poo, it's a completely different game now. Surfacing a bunch of information managed to make the thing a lot more interesting and less hit'n'miss.

Still managed to piss off Nissa by running after the jerk throwing javelins, but tournaments are now a fuckton of fun. Steppe Bandits still kick my teeth in.

About the only wrinkle is the one battle map with an enormous mountain; Having my cavalry charge from the top of that was slightly silly.

The random map generation in M&B has always seemed to favor lots of hills that each don't cover much area but are sometimes quite tall. I think I much prefer the maps that are either flat, on an incline that goes in one direction, or with 1-2 realistically sized hills (the hand-made maps mostly fit into one of those categories).

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Going random on weaponry in Silverstag tourneys is not that bad either as it always gives you a reasonable backup weapon in addition to your bow/XBox/Lance and also increases the difficulty rating/winnings received from betting. My only real wish for the tournament system is for bigger bet amounts and a larger variety of non-monetary rewards that, perhaps, scale in quality with the number of tournaments you've won.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Yeah, how did you edit the amount you can bet on tournaments? I think that guy was on Silverstag.

I also have way too many Siege Crossbows. I wish I could swap 1st prize for the 2nd or 3rd place rewards I don't have yet, or just give me a bigger item pool in general.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

The Royal Scrub posted:

Yeah, how did you edit the amount you can bet on tournaments? I think that guy was on Silverstag.

I also have way too many Siege Crossbows. I wish I could swap 1st prize for the 2nd or 3rd place rewards I don't have yet, or just give me a bigger item pool in general.

If you have enough followers and take 1v1 in the tourney it seems like you win all three if you never lose a match.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

The Royal Scrub posted:

TweakMB allows you to change bet amounts, along with a bunch of other stuff. Used to work with almost all of the popular mods too, but I haven't checked in months.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Reinstalled this and started playing with silverstag about a week ago. Encumberance penalties are annoying as hell and interfere with dress up so I turned those off after a bit. Only real complaint other than that is how rare veterans are. Not that it's a bad thing by itself but having messages like "Nord Huscarl was killed by a Footman" show up on screen is extra infuriating now. Get it together, Jeremus.

Loving these new companion skills though. A shame it takes forever to get them to level 20 for some of the really good ones.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A teaser video from the guy working on L'Aigle.

Musicians and Cannons in single player.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Are there any single-player mods that feature gun-wielding troops in the campaign? The old 1866 mod for the first M&B was great, but I don't think it's ported to Warband yet. Napoleonic Wars actually has some fun single-player gameplay, but there is no campaign.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Are there any single-player mods that feature gun-wielding troops in the campaign? The old 1866 mod for the first M&B was great, but I don't think it's ported to Warband yet. Napoleonic Wars actually has some fun single-player gameplay, but there is no campaign.

Twilight Of The Sun King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Blood and Steel has guns, but it has a lot of ridiculous stuff.