Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I'm curious, has anyone here pre-ordered WWE 14?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

triplexpac posted:

Hell no. Still adamantly waiting on info, it's good to know we have warrior and aba taker, they know how to lay on the good stuff :swoon:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

triplexpac posted:

i need universe mode confirmation

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

John Cena posted:

i need universe mode confirmation

Yeah it's kinda crazy they haven't mentioned it at all yet... or have they? Leads me to believe it may actually be cut.

I don't know why they cut it, but if you're advertising referees counting to 2 and not at least acknowledging a key game mode is back, there's something wrong.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to stick with WWE '12 and TEW2013 in terms of games for the foreseeable future. I haven't really been impressed by Yuke's WWE offerings in a real long time. Also, short-term, it really doesn't help the case that their confirmed roster consists of more Legends than actual full-time wrestlers.

Also a duplicate Taker from the American Badass gimmick I'd rather forget ever existed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The best part of 13 was putting dudes in tag teams/factions with their attitude era alternates and whatever CAWs you could manage to download.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Copying this post from the Saints Row IV thread:

Evil Badman posted:

President cena, we need you to start wearing a suit.

No...you can't keep wearing the cap.

Goddamn it.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Holy crap, that looks like a pretty good Cena.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Saints Crow posted:

Copying this post from the Saints Row IV thread:

completely blows my planned character of amorphous androgynous blob out of the water

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
It looks better than the WWE 13 model.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bard Maddox posted:

It looks better than the WWE 13 model.

I figured that went without saying

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's kinda crazy they haven't mentioned it at all yet... or have they? Leads me to believe it may actually be cut.
I was looking up whether or not they were planning to fix the custom finisher 1-count problem (which was by far my biggest quibble with WWE13, and it was a deliberate nerf rather than a bug) and I'm trying to find them, but I came across some thread on the 2ksports forum complaining about the fragility of Universe storylines in 13 (how they would be canceled whenever matches with participants were simulated or altered, etc.) and calling for more GM functions. Some company forum rep came in and said that they heard the complaints but that greater control of Universe mode would probably break the game coding-wise and that players tended to be confused and discouraged when presented with too many options (this despite the fact that custom content creation seems to get more granular with every passing year). It sounded like Universe mode was planned but that it wouldn't be all that different in WWE 14. That's what I took away, anyway.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
"WWE 2K14 marks 30 years of WrestleMania with new mode"

"WWE 2K14 will feature a new mode called "30 Years of WrestleMania," 2K Sports representatives revealed to members of the media last week during a conference call. As described by Cory Ledesma, creative director of the WWE series, 30 Years of WrestleMania sounds very similar to the Attitude Era setup seen in WWE '13, except with the goal being to honor the legacy of WrestleMania as opposed to a particular period of WWE history.

WWE 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania will let players relive more than 45 matches from WrestleMania history. For now, 2K Sports is only confirming three of them: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III (1987); Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18 (2002); and The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XVIII (2012). Ledesma pointed out that "the mode itself ends up defining a large part of the game's roster," and announced that the full WWE 2K14 wrestler lineup will be revealed Aug. 17 during a Twitch livestream from WWE SummerSlam Axxess at 3:30 p.m. ET."

Taken from Polygon. It'll be interesting to see what matches get picked as "important", given it's not just the main event of each.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Antitonic posted:

"WWE 2K14 will feature a new mode called "30 Years of WrestleMania," 2K Sports representatives revealed to members of the media last week during a conference call. As described by Cory Ledesma, creative director of the WWE series, 30 Years of WrestleMania sounds very similar to the Attitude Era setup seen in WWE '13, except with the goal being to honor the legacy of WrestleMania as opposed to a particular period of WWE history.

WWE 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania will let players relive more than 45 matches from WrestleMania history. For now, 2K Sports is only confirming three of them: Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III (1987); Hogan vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 18 (2002); and The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania XVIII (2012). Ledesma pointed out that "the mode itself ends up defining a large part of the game's roster," and announced that the full WWE 2K14 wrestler lineup will be revealed Aug. 17 during a Twitch livestream from WWE SummerSlam Axxess at 3:30 p.m. ET."

Taken from Polygon. It'll be interesting to see what matches get picked as "important", given it's not just the main event of each.

Okay, THIS is pretty cool. Still not worth buying until it's in the $15 used bin, though.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
If this gives us a nice spread of legends I'm all for that. Why not just go all out and make it a legends game? Sure have a few current guys but I'd take hogan over Tyson Kidd

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

simosimo posted:

If this gives us a nice spread of legends I'm all for that. Why not just go all out and make it a legends game? Sure have a few current guys but I'd take hogan over Tyson Kidd

You could even import the roster from SDvR '09!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Antitonic posted:

Given that we've already got Savage confirmed, if Savage/Steamboat isn't included, I riot.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Bodyslamming that 1 ton Giant, BROTHER!

Wonder how many of those 45 or so matches will be repeats, seeing as we've had Rock/Cena Twice In A Lifetime (possibly adding Cena/Miz which involved The Rock), 3 Undertaker/Triple H ones, 2 Undertaker/Michaels, etc. Plus there's always the matches that can't be included due to guys not being available (e.g. Angle) or not being promoted (Benoit) and multi man matches like MITB will have some omissions.
Edit: More pics

Anyone have that Cena "Continue?" gif handy? lol

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 12, 2013

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
See, I loved the Attitude Era mode because it picked a bunch of weird obscure matches from Raw & Smackdown on top of the legendary ones. It's more interesting to me to go deep into stuff we've forgotten, rather than replay matches from legendary PPVs that have been shown for ages.

It's pretty much guaranteed that this mode won't have historic commentary, right? If they had it recorded they would be hyping that up and not dodging the question in the interview, you'd think.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

In the end I didn't like Attitude Era mode that much. That could just be that matches just were not fun for me to play anymore with no two counts.

I doubt they did anything to commentary. They will never get commentary right. They rerecorded all those classic lines for WWE13 and each and every single one of them sounded AWFUL. They always talk at the same slow pace - nothing sounds natural. No excitement. It's poo poo.

"MANKIND DID IT!!! MICK FOLEY DID IT!!!"

vs.

"maaan kiiind did it! mick FOLEY... did it!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
It just won't be the same without Monsoon and Heenan for the early Wrestlemanias :( And I just realised Bret vs Owen at WM X won't be featured.

Edit: Seems that the roster reveal on Summerslam weekend will only cover those who'll be in the Wrestlemania mode, with the rest of the roster revealed later

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 12, 2013

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I doubt this means 29 Wrestlemania Arenas will be used, but if they are, that'd really be something else.

e: welp

quote:

Developer Yuke's has recreated each WrestleMania arena featured in the progression, along with era-appropriate crowds and television graphics. In addition, older matches from the '80s and '90s will be displayed with a video filter to approximate the way they were beamed out to TVs in the pre-HD days (see image above).

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 12, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

John Cena posted:

I doubt this means 29 Wrestlemania Arenas will be used, but if they are, that'd really be something else.
Well, they've got a few of them already done from the past few years' games (just need some fine tuning here and there)

Edit: Well, there you go.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

John Cena posted:

quote:

Just like last year's mode, 30 Years of WrestleMania will showcase the unique setting, format and period-accurate appearance of every match. Developer Yuke's has recreated each WrestleMania arena featured in the progression, along with era-appropriate crowds and television graphics.

Although that could just mean not every WM is included but all the ones that are have their arena.

EDIT: You found it already, disregard.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I hope this means we also get ring carts.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hope this means the Madison Square Garden side-entrance

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

In the end I didn't like Attitude Era mode that much. That could just be that matches just were not fun for me to play anymore with no two counts.

I doubt they did anything to commentary. They will never get commentary right. They rerecorded all those classic lines for WWE13 and each and every single one of them sounded AWFUL. They always talk at the same slow pace - nothing sounds natural. No excitement. It's poo poo.

"MANKIND DID IT!!! MICK FOLEY DID IT!!!"

vs.

"maaan kiiind did it! mick FOLEY... did it!"

It's funny because they wanted consistency for Attitude mode and to put JR in every match but Mick winning the title is one of Michael Cole's first big moments in commentary. So they COULD have used the original recording for that too, but wanted to have JR in every match.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

can't wait to relive that wrestlemania XX main event through the power of gaming.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

I hope this means we also get ring carts.

Umaga and George the Animal Steele in a ring cart? together?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Perigryn posted:

Anyone have that Cena "Continue?" gif handy? lol

I can't get excited for 2K14, and more importantly, Saints Row 4 :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Valeyard posted:

I can't get excited for 2K14, and more importantly, Saints Row 4 :smith:

Why not SR4? All I've heard about it is from the Giant Bombcast, and they all seem to love the game. A lot.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It sounds like Saints Row 4 will be to Saints Row 3 what Saints Row 2 was to Saints Row 1 which should be pretty good.

Payday 2 is really solid though too bad we can't resurect the zombie crew as the masked bank robber... crew?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I really could not get into SR3 at all, so I'm probably gonna skip SR4 until the price drops significantly. Which is a shame, because I consider 2 to be one of my favorite games of this generation.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Why not SR4? All I've heard about it is from the Giant Bombcast, and they all seem to love the game. A lot.

I don't know, I loved SR1/2, then played through SR3 to completion twice but....:shrug:

I think the upcoming console generation leap is slightly annoying

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
The 30 years of wrestlemania makes the game potentially worth a redbox,

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I played through SR3 and loved it, so I am trying SR2 now. I hate having to kill time and fill a bar in between missions, and the controls are weird.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ever since hearing about how the probe gun can be used on human civilians in-game, I've been sour on SR4. The people who created that didn't think about how people could be disgusted at or triggered by an in-game weapon that allows you to sexually assault people.

On the plus side, GTAV looks great.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sweeney Tom posted:

Ever since hearing about how the probe gun can be used on human civilians in-game, I've been sour on SR4. The people who created that didn't think about how people could be disgusted at or triggered by an in-game weapon that allows you to sexually assault people
Wait, what?!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You have never seen movies/media/games play on the connection between aliens and anal probing?

South Park Rally Racing on the N64 had an anal probe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Wait, what?!

quote:

The game includes a weapon referred to by the Applicant as an “Alien Anal Probe”. The Applicant states that this weapon can be “shoved into enemy’s backsides”. The lower half of the weapon resembles a sword hilt and the upper part contains prong-like appendages which circle around what appears to be a large dildo which runs down the centre of the weapon. When using this weapon the player approaches a (clothed) victim from behind and thrusts the weapon between the victim’s legs and then lifts them off the ground before pulling a trigger which launches the victim into the air. After the probe has been implicitly inserted into the victim’s anus the area around their buttocks becomes pixelated highlighting that the aim of the weapon is to penetrate the victim’s anus. The weapon can be used during gameplay on enemy characters or civilians.

• Locked thread