Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Georgia Peach posted:

I didn't have any problem with that fight, but I've only done it once. Because Deadpool also defended Cable from attacks in my run.

Yeah, his tooltip says he defends friends and lovers- so he defends Cable and Vapor. You can attack the other guy fine, or use Cable's AoE until the others are dealt with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Ok, now that I have used Gambit a bit I would like to retract my statement about him being boring.

He's a tad underpowered but pretty fun to use in pve.

Black Knight is still terrible though.

Just need to recruit Shatterstar and level up Spiderwoman/Rogue/Gambit to finish the last few tasks in S2 so I can wreck face with Iron Fist.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

MrBling posted:

You're using him wrong. Black Knight is great as a protector; he's the only character that can protect your group from both single and AoE attacks for the entire battle at the cost of a single action, with no need to restart the protection like Herc or Cap. He doesn't have a guaranteed counter like they do, but he can counter melee and any ranged attacks he blocks just power up Ebony Blade for when you eventually want him to leave protect mode (ideally, you do this by attacking a blaster and just go right back into protect after). Mostly, stay in protect and use his level 6 and 9 attacks (the later of which knocks protect off of all enemies so that you can choose who you want to attack).

He can be ok in bleed mode if you're running something that causes bleed on a lot of enemies, but you get a lot more out of him in protect mode. Fight in missions with magic enemies for maximum effect.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, whichever mission in chapter 12 he just tears through.

If people use Hellstrom and Satana in PVP then he and Iron Fist will be popular.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sefer posted:

You're using him wrong. Black Knight is great as a protector; he's the only character that can protect your group from both single and AoE attacks for the entire battle at the cost of a single action, with no need to restart the protection like Herc or Cap. He doesn't have a guaranteed counter like they do, but he can counter melee and any ranged attacks he blocks just power up Ebony Blade for when you eventually want him to leave protect mode (ideally, you do this by attacking a blaster and just go right back into protect after). Mostly, stay in protect and use his level 6 and 9 attacks (the later of which knocks protect off of all enemies so that you can choose who you want to attack).

He can be ok in bleed mode if you're running something that causes bleed on a lot of enemies, but you get a lot more out of him in protect mode. Fight in missions with magic enemies for maximum effect.
I just fought him in PvP practice and God, it was annoying for all the reasons you mentioned. I want that guy.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Haha this Hercules solo fight is hilarious when you use the gimmick of recharging several times

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

Haha this Hercules solo fight is hilarious when you use the gimmick of recharging several times

If you keep going eventually it overflows and you end up healing him.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MrBling posted:

Ok, now that I have used Gambit a bit I would like to retract my statement about him being boring.

He's a tad underpowered but pretty fun to use in pve.

Just need to recruit Shatterstar and level up Spiderwoman/Rogue/Gambit to finish the last few tasks in S2 so I can wreck face with Iron Fist.

I feel like they definitely used his basic concept for Iron Patriot's revamp, but... you know, better because ARMS RACE. The thing he still has going for him is that he makes it basically impossible for an enemy team to have buffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I have two more covers to get to unlock Juggernaut... Is it more efficient to open the lockboxes one by one, or just wait and open ten at a time?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I have two more covers to get to unlock Juggernaut... Is it more efficient to open the lockboxes one by one, or just wait and open ten at a time?

Based on their quoted chance, you should get more covers per box by opening 10 at a time. Based on my experience opening one box at a time, those numbers are not accurate (that is, I generally get more than 1 cover per 10 boxes when I open them singly), but I can hardly claim to have opened enough to be statistically significant.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I remember someone posting here or the FB group that they opened 100 boxes individually and got 7 covers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus loving christ, every incursion is now a WCP and Shadowcat team, which is pretty much impossible to counter because the turn order always benefits them. The only way I've beaten them is that I lucked out and got the barbed razor from Doc Ock.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Jesus loving christ, every incursion is now a WCP and Shadowcat team, which is pretty much impossible to counter because the turn order always benefits them. The only way I've beaten them is that I lucked out and got the barbed razor from Doc Ock.

Use Magik. She has a stealthy attack that hits phased enemies, so it'll bypass Phoenix's mind control and won't trigger Kitty's counter, and it gives her a chance to avoid and counter. Also two hits right off the bat.

And if the turn order sucks, bring along Quicksilver. You can use an attack or you can put an item like one of the chrono boots that grants an immediate 2 turns to someone on your team.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Codependent Poster posted:

Use Magik. She has a stealthy attack that hits phased enemies, so it'll bypass Phoenix's mind control and won't trigger Kitty's counter, and it gives her a chance to avoid and counter. Also two hits right off the bat.

And if the turn order sucks, bring along Quicksilver. You can use an attack or you can put an item like one of the chrono boots that grants an immediate 2 turns to someone on your team.

Yea, no, I've tried using Magick, and her attacks will hit phased kitty, but she will counter attack, and Magick then dies after one hit.

Thing is, this shouldn't be happening, but it is. Its not just Magick, its any stealthy attacks, they always cause counters to happen, as if the ability is not working.

Um, is column down a non attack non quick action? I had mental anguish on herc, he used column down and then took no damage from it.

Incursions, giving you pvp pains off season.

EDIT: Welp, after trying 12 times, the herc, rescue and protect and heal agent finally went down, and i got myself a SoA. Honestly, worth it.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 8, 2013

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, no, I've tried using Magick, and her attacks will hit phased kitty, but she will counter attack, and Magick then dies after one hit.

Thing is, this shouldn't be happening, but it is. Its not just Magick, its any stealthy attacks, they always cause counters to happen, as if the ability is not working.

Are you sure? Magick's level 1 attack isn't stealthy but Stepping Razor (her level 9) is Stealthy, and 100% guarenteed to hit. Also it builds up a charge of Soul Shards. If you are fighting Kitty Pryde you should always start the fight with that, since it will follow up with her Level 1, and you've got a Magick with two stacks of Soul Shard ready to either set the entire team on Fire, or melt some serious faces with her vomit laser.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

Are you sure? Magick's level 1 attack isn't stealthy but Stepping Razor (her level 9) is Stealthy, and 100% guarenteed to hit. Also it builds up a charge of Soul Shards. If you are fighting Kitty Pryde you should always start the fight with that, since it will follow up with her Level 1, and you've got a Magick with two stacks of Soul Shard ready to either set the entire team on Fire, or melt some serious faces with her vomit laser.

That's exactly what she was doing, and kitty was still counter attacking. But as I said, everything was causing counter attacks that was stealthy. It was as if the game said "nope, stealthy attacks are turned off for you for this incursion".

Doesn't the dark sigil and SoA have a cool down? Mine sure does, but the most recent incursion the agent is using both every single turn.

Okay, Deadpools dialog in the Epic Battle is pretty hillarious.

"Coulson! Don't you want revenge on Loki??"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 9, 2013

Hypercrisis
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Use psychic on them, like Emma. A good protector that Kitty can't destroy is a good idea. Neither has much strength offensively, just negate their counters and it will be easy.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

That's exactly what she was doing, and kitty was still counter attacking. But as I said, everything was causing counter attacks that was stealthy. It was as if the game said "nope, stealthy attacks are turned off for you for this incursion".

Doesn't the dark sigil and SoA have a cool down? Mine sure does, but the most recent incursion the agent is using both every single turn.

Okay, Deadpools dialog in the Epic Battle is pretty hillarious.

"Coulson! Don't you want revenge on Loki??"

My Dark Sigil has never had a cooldown. Scroll does, but because it's an incursion drop some people may have more than one now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hypercrisis posted:

Use psychic on them, like Emma. A good protector that Kitty can't destroy is a good idea. Neither has much strength offensively, just negate their counters and it will be easy.

That was my first idea, but Emma never made it past the first turn as she'd die right out of the gate, as the enemy agent went before her, and as I said, hit as hard as they do in regular pvp.

Anyways, just using my own Shadowcat and WCP I managed to win, and I have completely chapter 2. Sadly the only weapon I got from boss drops was the Vickers, which while fun and is enjoyed by the war nerd part of me, its not really that effective in combat. I am tempted to try to farm the various weapons, because they are all ww2 british weapons and I just want them.

THough speaking of weapons, any of the custom versions of things that are worth farming, besides the Possessed Pistol?

God I loved chapter 2-1, I really hope the rest come soon. Also, hurry up and give us Squirrel Girl, I have tons of CP right now, and even after buying Modern Hawkeye and Classic Ms Marvel I could buy 2 90 cp characters and have some left.

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

Sefer posted:

My Dark Sigil has never had a cooldown. Scroll does, but because it's an incursion drop some people may have more than one now.

Thought buffs were worthless in pvp before. Now imagine somebody with 3 scrolls and a weapon. They even know exactly what their AI will do!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

VextheGrey posted:

Thought buffs were worthless in pvp before. Now imagine somebody with 3 scrolls and a weapon. They even know exactly what their AI will do!

Yeah use up all three Scrolls on turn 1, then use the weapon. To quote Hiruma from Eyeshield 21, that sort of team would be the easiest to beat!

As for Customized Weapons worth getting, the Customized Only For Killing isn't much better than the regular. It does more damage, but the selling point of that weapon is it's Psycic and it puts Mental Anguish on the target, which the normal version has.

The only other Customized Weapon worth farming for is the Goblin Glider. That thing is insane, particularly if you have a way of making an attack an auto crit (thank you Marksman Spotter. The greatest weapon that they've never put back on the market/ roulette wheels.) Back in the old days of PVP the non Customized version was my go to weapon for one shotting people. I have the Customized version, but it's about 63 Levels and 700 damage old. I'm trying to farm a new one and save myself from having to spend 48 gold to reforge it.

If you are after WW2 weapons get the Customized Lewis. That thing is insanse, especially for boss fights and if you get two stacks on people.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Well, got the Iron Fist costume, used the other spoils to get Red Hulk, gonna aim for Quicksilver next - seeing as Scarlet Witch is the next Premium unlocker he'll probably be needed for mastery - then hopefully take a stab at the rest of the premium mission guys before the next major release.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Now that I've got SW I use her and Quicksilver for PVE, since they've got the best bonuses. He makes it easy as hell to burn through fights, seeing as he's almost guaranteed to go first and has a decent All-Enemies attack. Especially if there's an infiltrator and he uses it as a follow-up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp, I am powerful enough to take on the full gauntlet of doombots in 12-6, even with terrible Mr Fantastic bringing me down. I spend 50 Cps to get him his FF outfit hoping that it will make the fight a little easier.

It and 12-2 are the only missions in the game I have not 5 starred.

Though I just noticed the Golden Claw is not in my inventory, even though mission 11 is completed with 5 stars on each part. Derp! Just noticed that I have in fact not 5 starred the mission with Blob as the boss.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 13, 2013

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Welp, I am powerful enough to take on the full gauntlet of doombots in 12-6, even with terrible Mr Fantastic bringing me down. I spend 50 Cps to get him his FF outfit hoping that it will make the fight a little easier.

It and 12-2 are the only missions in the game I have not 5 starred.

I find Rescue works best for that one if you have her. Keeps the debuffs down and has plenty of turns to throw mystical munitions around

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

I find Rescue works best for that one if you have her. Keeps the debuffs down and has plenty of turns to throw mystical munitions around

Good idea! I was using Magneto because he was pre countering pretty much everyone, but that would work too. I do have SoA and lots of Lost Pages as well.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I've just noticed that I have a task from the first SpecOps campaign in my task list ("Thunderball PHD - Complete 1 Star Mastery in Special Operation 1- Mission 2"). Any idea how I can get rid of it?

JohnnyCanuck fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 13, 2013

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Quote != Edit

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Wait...how the gently caress do you earn enough cash/gold to play this game?

I have 65k silver. Hulk just leveled up to 10 and he needs 225k to level. I can send 7 ships out for a 24hr trip and they gain about 3600 silver each.

So I need a week of grinding ships to level him? How stupid is that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Samara posted:

I have 65k silver. Hulk just leveled up to 10 and he needs 225k to level. I can send 7 ships out for a 24hr trip and they gain about 3600 silver each.

Join the goon group. Visit allies daily using leethax. Run a macro. Never worry about silver or shield points again.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Samara posted:

During spec ops when there are group bosses you'll get silver faster than you can spend it. When there isn't a spec ops happening you should be selling all the grenades etc that you should have a lot of, doing that every so often is a nice boost to silver.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Are we officially talking about LeetHax in this thread?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Samara posted:

Most people run a macro to send out all their ships on 20 minute missions for the whole night, which gives significantly more. Also, visiting allies every day can give a significant amount of silver now. During SpecOps with group bosses, you can also get a lot of silver from fighting the group bosses.

VextheGrey
Dec 3, 2000

"No, Sasquatch! NOOOOO!!"

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I've just noticed that I have a task from the first SpecOps campaign in my task list ("Thunderball PHD - Complete 1 Star Mastery in Special Operation 1- Mission 2"). Any idea how I can get rid of it?

I'm stuck with it too, learn to live with it seems to be the only solution.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Are we officially talking about LeetHax in this thread?

There's technically nothing wrong with it now that it can't effect item drops

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Codependent Poster posted:

Join the goon group. Visit allies daily using leethax. Run a macro. Never worry about silver or shield points again.

Forgot to mention iOS version...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Sefer posted:

Most people run a macro to send out all their ships on 20 minute missions for the whole night, which gives significantly more. Also, visiting allies every day can give a significant amount of silver now. During SpecOps with group bosses, you can also get a lot of silver from fighting the group bosses.
Is this available for Mac? I couldn't find it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Maacro's not. Leethax is but you need firefox

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

The macro most people run is available in the facebook group; I don't know whether there's a mac version. However, if you google around it shouldn't be difficult to find a free program that lets you record your own macros. It's particularly simple now that the "collect and resend" button is available; you just need to have a macro that clicks that, clicks on the screen every few minutes to keep their ad screen from coming up, and repeat every 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I only use leethax for collecting bonuses because gently caress going to every ally's page and clicking all over for it.

I don't think any features work with it anymore either, but I'm not gonna use it or any other hack for gold or whatever.

• Locked thread