Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Punch Card posted:

edit: Seth's racist/sexist interjections are amazing. I love Brian Huskey.

I forget, was he this reprehensible in the Christmas Womptacular? It was very funny, if a little jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

One thing that seriously never gets old on the Wompler episodes are the body-type descriptions. "Upside-down muffin" killed me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I've said it here before, but their JFK-esque breakdown of 'Seth & Lissler At The Fridge' is always hilarious to me, only gets funnier every time it's brought up. And it's Kimmy with the tea.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Jesus, this was a gift. I loved it so much. Jason losing it near the end was great, and Huskey really came into his own as Seth. I love Huskey but was slightly lukewarm on his first appearance. "I'll have some Jap tea!"

Whoever said the Wompler-verse is one of the greatest things to come out of CBB is dead-on. I want a Bob's Burgers style animated comedy called "Womp It Up!" about all these characters.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

As much as I like the Womplerverse, I'm starting to miss when it was just Wompler + a guest. My favorite Wompler eps are still the two with Andy Richter and Todd Glass.

Speaking of, I wonder why Todd Glass hasn't been on in so long. And why Aukerman hasn't been on The Todd Glass Show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Conduit for Sale! posted:

As much as I like the Womplerverse, I'm starting to miss when it was just Wompler + a guest. My favorite Wompler eps are still the two with Andy Richter and Todd Glass.

Speaking of, I wonder why Todd Glass hasn't been on in so long. And why Aukerman hasn't been on The Todd Glass Show.
He's still upset about not getting that free Subaru.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

This podcast story arc about a 16 year old girl's coming of age is way more compelling than it has any right to be.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Did Zooks sound like he was dying while portraying Gutterballs towards the beginning, or is that just how he was playing the character? It sounded like he was really sick, but he seemed fine while playing the other character.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Did Zooks sound like he was dying while portraying Gutterballs towards the beginning, or is that just how he was playing the character? It sounded like he was really sick, but he seemed fine while playing the other character.

Gutterballs is a little timid and subdued. Not as used to throwing on the cans as Wompler is.

EDIT: Listler being in charge of the music/commercial breaks is always great.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Kimmy was Lennon Parham, right?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

piratepilates posted:

This podcast story arc about a 16 year old girl's coming of age is way more compelling than it has any right to be.
Seriously. And I'm also at a point in my life were I'm very eagerly waiting to watch a live-recorded video of a heated debate about bestiality, pro or con.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

JayMax posted:

Kimmy was Lennon Parham, right?

Ah, yes-uh.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Conduit for Sale! posted:

He was on one of the Montreal Comedy Festival eps they're selling, it was great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish people wouldn't focus on the subaru thing every time Todd Glass is brought up because the guy is hilarious and he was great otherwise in that episode. His other CBB appearances have been awesome too, especially the Liza Minneli one and the Brian Huskey episode also.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
A couple months ago I started getting into CBB and have been mainlining episodes ever since. I think my favorite running gag is the Fourvel saga. I rrrrrreally hope they get together and cook up a new installment, because the interactions between Fourvel, Webber and Auckerman rank right up there with the best parts of Return to Suicide House.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Any else catch Colin Quinn on Opie & Anthony being pissed off at Todd Glass for heckling his keynote speech in Montreal? Todd's explanation was perfect Todd Glass - "I was doing this guy who doesn't get it."

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

mysterious frankie posted:

A couple months ago I started getting into CBB and have been mainlining episodes ever since. I think my favorite running gag is the Fourvel saga. I rrrrrreally hope they get together and cook up a new installment, because the interactions between Fourvel, Webber and Auckerman rank right up there with the best parts of Return to Suicide House.

You may be in luck if you watch the Comedy Bang! Bang! TV show.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

You may be in luck if you watch the Comedy Bang! Bang! TV show.

Oh man, if you're saying what I think you're saying, then that is cool. Happening onto a rerun of the TV show one night is actually how I got into the podcast.

Tangy Zizzle
Aug 22, 2007
- brad
Hi folks,

Some friends bought me and themselves tickets to CBB in Toronto for my birthday. They aren't familiar with Comedy Bing Bong. Could you suggest some of the best episodes for me to put together for them?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Hi folks,

Some friends bought me and themselves tickets to CBB in Toronto for my birthday. They aren't familiar with Comedy Bing Bong. Could you suggest some of the best episodes for me to put together for them?

You're gonna open the floodgates here buddy :clint:

Off the top of my head:

Farts & Procreation

Finger Guns

Time Bobby 1 & 2

Wipeout!

Raisin Norman Bates

Out of Bleeps

Halfway to China now with video version :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cx7gJL7MVs

and finally the latest video episode: Murderer Heaven https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95KVnq8pxk

There's of course way more that are just as amazing, but any of these have me rolling constantly even after multiple plays.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Hi folks,

All the Womplers would be a good way to get current. My personal favorite other string of episodes would be all the Gillian Jacobs episodes. PFT/Bobby Moynahan ones are a close second.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

My friends got into Andy Daly one's the most. Notably Ep 131 : Mayor Of Hollywood and Ep 94 Dip Didda Dip Dow!

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Incidentally, this was my favourite part of the Harrow podcast:

Scott's face in anticipation just makes it.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Tangy Zizzle posted:

Hi folks,

Time Bobby 1&2 (the Fourvel episodes) are two of my favorites. Learn Scott's deepest secrets and reel in horror at the events which led up to the "Lil' Reckoning". Don't let the Fry Vault confuse you.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/time-bobby/
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/time-bobby-2/

Amy Phillips does great impressions. Her Liza Minnelli is probably my favorite. Best part is probably when they put an echo effect on her voice, she gets confused and has a rambling argument with her dead mother while everyone else whispers nervously to one another.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/grammy-spectacular/
Her Sarah Silverman is pretty good too. Also, Ron Sexsmith.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/arent-you-glad/

Return to Suicide House is, in my opinion, the funniest show they've done. There're two previous Beuford and Messmore le Barron episodes, but this one is the best and you don't really need to hear them in order to understand the premise. At one point, Santa comes out of nowhere to join a 20+ character rap battle and reveal his favorite holiday (SPOILER: It's not Christmas!!!)
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/return-to-suicide-house/

An early one, worth it to hear Bob Odenkirk's unrelenting deadpan assault on Hollywood's own lovable accessory to murder/suicide, Andy Dick.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/bob-odenkirks-death-bed/

CAKE BOSS, the ghost of Chewbacca and Andy Richter. It's a loving podcast.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/its-a-loving-podcast-pt-1/
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/its-a-loving-podcast-pt-2/

I enjoy almost everything Jon Daly does on CBB, but his most recent appearance as Mall McCartney is my favorite. It's Paul McCartney, but he really likes malls. The premise is so dumb and should not work, but his unwavering dedication elevates it to something else entirely.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/all-farted-out/

Both Bob Ducca and Merrill Shindler on the same stage, what could be better? Warning, do not play through speakers in public. Bob name-drops Rick Perry's famous ranch several times.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/live-from-sxsw-2012/

Also, James Adomian's Huell Howser and Paul Giamatti impersonations are great, but I can't think of definitive episodes.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 13, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
gently caress all of you for not recomending Best Bro Hang with Andy Samberg and Adam Pally :mad:
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/best-bro-hang/

and to a lesser extent the episode they did a year before they sometimes mention in Best Bro Hang
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-andy-samberg-special/

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Go with any of the Andy Daly ones, those are what got me into the show, my favorites are either episode 99 with Don Dimelo or episode 59 with the pretzel maker guy

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The best Andy Daly episode will always be the cavalcade of character suicides. Episode 148.

I also love the episode with Adomian as Hoffman and briefly Giamatti, Nick Thune, and Lapkus as Scott's nephew Todd. She absolutely kills it in that episode.

Also the first 2 Paul Rust New No No episodes are definitely a must listen, if not just for Jessica St Clair's reaction to them.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zsinjeh posted:

gently caress all of you for not recomending Best Bro Hang with Andy Samberg and Adam Pally :mad:
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/best-bro-hang/

and to a lesser extent the episode they did a year before they sometimes mention in Best Bro Hang
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-andy-samberg-special/

I completely forgot that it was called Best Bro Hang. I was sitting here, wondering why you weren't calling it Goats Protocol.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

ArtVandelay posted:

The best Andy Daly episode will always be the cavalcade of character suicides. Episode 148.

Yeah thats my favorite too, but it only works if you listened to Andy Daly's stuff before, not a first time listener.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I would argue anything with Adomian on would be great for a first time listener. The guy is so strong in his characterisation and voices that it makes things really easy to follow. Anything with him as Tom Leykis, Christopher Hitchens, Alan Rickman, Jesse Ventura, Paul Giamatti or the more recent ep as Gordon Ramsay is sure to have people laughing and help ease people into the format of the show. Same goes with PFT. In fact the shows where it's Jesse Ventura and Ice T on together really drew me into the show when I first started listening because of how well done the characters were.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah thats my favorite too, but it only works if you listened to Andy Daly's stuff before, not a first time listener.

I disagree - it was one of my first Andy Daly episodes and it absolutely floored me (And instantly established Dalton Wilcox as one of my absolute favorite Daly characters.) That said, a new listener is robbing themselves of the enormity of that experience.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scott and Neil Campbell are the lone guests on the latest episode of the Nerdist Writers Panel podcast.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

I disagree - it was one of my first Andy Daly episodes and it absolutely floored me (And instantly established Dalton Wilcox as one of my absolute favorite Daly characters.) That said, a new listener is robbing themselves of the enormity of that experience.

I forced my girlfriend to listen to most of Andy Daly's appearances on a road trip once, and happened to check and see a new episode was out: It was Wipeout, and the Cavalcade at the end was mind blowing.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I really like this show but I hate the contsant music intermissions

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

WYA posted:

I really like this show but I hate the contsant music intermissions

Are you listening to old episodes and do you mean when they play comedy songs? Because that stops at some point. Although the songs are replaced by Scott reading ads (which I enjoy, because I like being yelled at).

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

tnimark posted:

Are you listening to old episodes and do you mean when they play comedy songs? Because that stops at some point. Although the songs are replaced by Scott reading ads (which I enjoy, because I like being yelled at).

Yes I'm starting out at like episode 25. When do they end? Would you recommend starting later?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I can't remember exactly when they stopped playing songs.

Depends how much the music bothers you I guess. If it's infuriating and you're not enjoying the show because of it, then skip ahead. I didn't really like it either, but it wasn't that much hassle for me to just fast forward when they went to a song.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The wikipedia page for CBB actually has the songs featured in each episode for at least most of the episodes and starting with episode 52 there doesn't seem to be any more songs in the show, which might run hand in hand with it no longer being on radio at that point so licensed music would be a different thing to account for.

So if you really hate the songs so much you could start there, it's not a bad starting point anyway since so much of the show comes from it's time as CBB the podcast anyway.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WYA posted:

Yes I'm starting out at like episode 25. When do they end? Would you recommend starting later?

Just fast forward? The show has been pretty consistently good throughout it's run, and the early episodes feature some characters and guests that have faded into the background now due to the people either moving from LA or whatever. The songs continue till about 2012 I beleive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I'm not a fan of the songs either, but a lot of the later episodes with interludes only play the first few seconds before cutting directly to the end. I can tolerate that.

But man, there were some truly atrocious songs in that period.