Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Still holding out this Unthreaded JB is real. I had my iPhone 5 stolen from my car, and had to get a new one which was on 6.1.2 and JB'd. These guys seem to know what they're doing, despite overwhelming criticism. They've actually put out working JBs. Hopefully their A5 / 6.1.4 jb is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

plumpy posted:

I guess I'm giving up my jailbreak for the time being. Power button on my 5 is starting to get really fussy, so I'm taking it in to presumably swap tomorrow. Whats the easiest way to un-jailbreak? If I do a full backup through iTunes then restore will I end up with all the apps, settings, and data (apart from music) that I have now?

Buy the part online and follow the iFixit guide?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

hunter x az posted:

Still holding out this Unthreaded JB is real. I had my iPhone 5 stolen from my car, and had to get a new one which was on 6.1.2 and JB'd. These guys seem to know what they're doing, despite overwhelming criticism. They've actually put out working JBs. Hopefully their A5 / 6.1.4 jb is real.

Who are "these guys" and what 6.1.4 Jailbreak are you talking about

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005

status posted:

Buy the part online and follow the iFixit guide?

I'd rather not crack open my under-warranty phone just so I can keep a couple tweaks. Especially when the alternative is a 20 minute trip to the apple store.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

nrr posted:

Who are "these guys" and what 6.1.4 Jailbreak are you talking about

A previously unknown group that recently jailbroke 5.1 (why they would jailbreak such an old release, who knows, but it was a real untethered jailbreak and Absinthe didn't work on it) is claiming that they have a 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak coming soon.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Again, who?

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Unthreadedjb.com

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
edit: So no real 6.1.4 jailbreak out?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Wow, their website is nearly incomprehensible. I wouldn't put much faith in anything they claim but I'd be happy if proven wrong.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently they're getting somewhere, they've posted a proof of concept today. I don't know too much about it but they've posted a binary.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got a problem with Cydia. It's not working. The icon is there and I can open it up and stuff but when I search for ANYTHING, nothing shows up. Anyone help me diagnose, please?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Got a problem with Cydia. It's not working. The icon is there and I can open it up and stuff but when I search for ANYTHING, nothing shows up. Anyone help me diagnose, please?

Is this immediately post jailbreak or have you been using Cydia for a while now?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

spongeworthy posted:

Is this immediately post jailbreak or have you been using Cydia for a while now?

Been jailbroken for a long time now, all my tweaks still work. I'd not used Cydia in legit a couple of months. Thought I'd try to download something today, on a goon's recommendation, and I'm getting static.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Been jailbroken for a long time now, all my tweaks still work. I'd not used Cydia in legit a couple of months. Thought I'd try to download something today, on a goon's recommendation, and I'm getting static.

Have you deselected/hidden certain categories before? Make sure your sources are all there as well.

And the obvious question- have you tried a reboot?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My sources seem to be there yeah but nothing shows up when I open them. Reboot? How do I reboot? Or do you mean reboot the phone? If so, yeah I've done that a few times.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

My sources seem to be there yeah but nothing shows up when I open them. Reboot? How do I reboot? Or do you mean reboot the phone? If so, yeah I've done that a few times.

What are your phone, iOS, and cydia versions?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
iPhone 5, 6.1.2. Here are some images of Cydia when I attempt to use it.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 15, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Oh it just looks like you ran out of space on the package listing. You'll need to remove some repositories.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
My launch-day iPhone5 has a problem with the sleep button only working 1% of the time. From what I can tell this is a pretty common problem.

I'd like to go back to Apple for a replacement, but what should I do with my jailbreak?
Will the Apple reps care?
Do they backup/restore the phone for you?
Do they upgrade to the latest firmware?

What are some good jailbreak backup apps on Cydia? I remember using something back in 2009 and it didn't work very well.

EDIT: I should read threads.

Spekkio fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 16, 2013

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I'm retarded about jailbreaking, can I do it on an iPad 4 with iOS 6.1.3?

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Kikka posted:

I'm retarded about jailbreaking, can I do it on an iPad 4 with iOS 6.1.3?

No, the last supported firmware was 6.1.2. A jailbreak more than likely won't be available until after the release of iOS 7.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone else here that updated the YouTube app keep having it crash on launch? Posting here because I'm jailbroken and have the paid Yourtube app installed.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Anyone else here that updated the YouTube app keep having it crash on launch? Posting here because I'm jailbroken and have the paid Yourtube app installed.

Paid youtube app? Is that real?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

goodness posted:

Paid youtube app? Is that real?

YourTube. Sorry that you can't read.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Mr Hands Colon posted:

YourTube. Sorry that you can't read.

Never heard of it, or anyone paying for an app if they jailbroke their phone?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

goodness posted:

This post is unhelpful in so many ways

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

goodness posted:

Yeah you're right, everyone just steals the cracked versions. gently caress donating to developers I mean that 99 cents sure is a lot of cash to part with. Idiot.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Yeah you're right, everyone just steals the cracked versions. gently caress donating to developers I mean that 99 cents sure is a lot of cash to part with. Idiot.

I just thought the whole point of jailbreaking was to get all the apps for free, besides some of the helpful tweaks and such. At least, that is what I and everyone I have done it for did it for.

Also, YourTube is 3.99-5.99 depending if you get it on sale or not, just fyi.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

goodness posted:

I just thought the whole point of jailbreaking was to get all the apps for free, besides some of the helpful tweaks and such. At least, that is what I and everyone I have done it for did it for.

Keep going… we all love to know how you steal/pirate apps.

And hey, I did pay(donate) more than a buck. Sorry you have enough money to buy an iphone but not enough pocket change to donate to a developer.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Don't make me get out my list of purchased Cydia apps :v: The best tweaks really deserve the cash. Hell, I paid $12 for BiteSMS back in the day.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Pray you all never have a hardware failure and have to unjailbreak :(

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

goodness posted:

You thought that, did you?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

spongeworthy posted:

Pray you all never have a hardware failure and have to unjailbreak :(

Not jail broken at the moment, still worth every penny from the convenience I got while I was :colbert:

But I really miss BiteSMS. And it is really weird that it is in my autocorrect.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

goodness posted:

You're going to do very, very well in this thread.

Spekkio
Sep 23, 2005

Really satisfying music!
These last few posts have been a painful reminder of how many paid tweaks I've lost access to since 6.1.4.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Mr Hands Colon posted:

You're going to do very, very well in this thread.

No, I am sorry I was wrong to think most people used it to pirate apps. I did not realize this many people actually bought the paid cydia apps, I just thought those were spam things. My mistake, I will actually look at the paid ones now.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My iPhone 5 is jailbroken and locked on 6.1, is there any way to Restore to 6.1 to unlock it or am I SOL now? :woz:

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
There are no software unlocks for iPhone 5.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
You misunderstand, my carrier will unlock the phone but I have to Restore to have it take effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

~Coxy posted:

You misunderstand, my carrier will unlock the phone but I have to Restore to have it take effect.

Well no jailbreak for you

• Locked thread