Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Is it just me or do they look kind of oddly short in the second panel? They're, what, 14-16 now? Their proportions make them look more like they're 10.

This part was also kinda unfortunate:

Responsiblity
now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hahaha this is so loving silly

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

About the homework copying: I remember her doing it that one time, but has there been anything to show that she's done it a lot? I see people here talking about Annie ignoring her schoolwork for years and I'm not sure where that impression's coming from.

It's sort of implied. Every time Annie is shown with homework at all she's copying it from Kat.

WeaponBoy posted:

Is it just me or do they look kind of oddly short in the second panel? They're, what, 14-16 now? Their proportions make them look more like they're 10.

13-14; this is still their third year. The proportions look fine for that, probably in part because they clearly dress more like teenagers than children.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The minor, background ambient setting artwork these days is amazing.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Not gonna lie, I really want that Space Channel 5 shirt. I wonder when Annie is going to catch on to Kat and Paz dating? She seems pretty oblivious so far,

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Magypsy posted:

Not gonna lie, I really want that Space Channel 5 shirt. I wonder when Annie is going to catch on to Kat and Paz dating? She seems pretty oblivious so far,

Well, if her history is anything to go by, it might take a while

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The icon for this chapter looks kind of foresty. I'm wondering if Kat is about exit stage right with Paz and leave the rest of the chapter for Annie to do forest things on her own.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ah, so it's a crash course to get Antimony into videogames. Her first experience wasn't approppiate.

Can someone remind me which chapter was it when Anja remembers how they got tattooed and everyone has a funny reaction (Kat's being the best)?

vvv that was quick, thanks dude. Now to read the whole thing because of course :qq: vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 12, 2013

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Chapter 21

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Frankly, I'm just slightly sad whenever Kat and Paz are around. It an adorable relationship, but they're eventually going to break up. The writing has been spot on regarding teenagers so far, so I can't imagine that Tom is going to ignore teenagers being terrible at their first relationships. I don't want them to be sad. :(

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!

I love this, since I think Kat's parents are, hands down, the most awesome people in the Court. Seriously, wouldn't you kill for parents like these?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Donny's grin in Anja's memory will never stop being funny.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Kat's brain shutting down as well.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Suaimhneas posted:

About the homework copying: I remember her doing it that one time, but has there been anything to show that she's done it a lot? I see people here talking about Annie ignoring her schoolwork for years and I'm not sure where that impression's coming from.

Second to last panel.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Also this page and the next one from her second year at the Court.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Also http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=798 and the next page. And the page after that where Renard says "You always say that!"

It's also another scene that shows that Renard cares about Annie. And also another scene that demonstrates his forest nature, since he acts like a total child. Annie is a child, so it makes sense that she'd say something stupid and terrible like what she did. But Renard? He's at once trying to be like a father to Annie, but then he says that horrible mean spirited thing to her just for the sake of getting back at her for what she said to him.

Renard's a pretty complicated character, even though some of his actions are straightforward. I really enjoyed this last chapter because it she a lot of light on his motivations and his feelings.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man I can't wait until Paz and Kat have their first fight. Not because I want to see it, but this needs to be addressed in some manner.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Every single face in today's update is adorable. :3:

Meanwhile, Paz continues to climb the list of best side characters.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha. Ah Annie. She's still pretty oblivious to subtext. This page is cute.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 14, 2013

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Dat sum cute 'Krigg, I tell you what.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh my god they're loving adorable. I don't even have anything witty to say.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011
Stay this cute forever, Kaz.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
It's no coincidence that the last time Gunnerkrigg was this adorable was also when Paz and Kat were on the same page.

They are the adorablest. :3:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Aw my gawd. :3:

Leonard Hatred
Dec 27, 2004
It's like a great big tide of jam. But jam made out of... old women.
I'm confused, does Annie know? It feels like she's knowingly teasing Kat, but then Tom's comment (and her history of being a total doofus).

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's pretty clear that Annie knows exactly what's going on.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SHISHKABOB posted:

I dunno man, she's proved before that she's not very good at sensing the tone

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Blasmeister posted:

I dunno man, she's proved before that she's not very good at sensing the tone

Hmm, now that I think about it, I have no idea anymore.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It is ENTIRELY possible the Annie just thinks Kat is embarrassed about being seen as having a crush on a teacher, and is in fact congratulating herself on picking up that subtext as she walks away.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

She's obviously deliberately ribbing Kat in front of Paz, but it could be she thinks she's just ribbing Kat in front of her new friend rather than ribbing her in front of her new girlfriend. It's come up before that Kat hasn't always been the most popular girl so her suddenly spending a lot of time with Paz would be noteworthy even if it was purely platonic.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
One thing I hadn't considered until tonight, is what Robot will think of Kat having a significant other. What will he think about this other human occupying his Angel's time?

Also, I wanted to note that I totally don't think Annie knows yet. Ms. Carver can be quite slow on the up-take with these kind of things.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Madrox posted:

One thing I hadn't considered until tonight, is what Robot will think of Kat having a significant other. What will he think about this other human occupying his Angel's time?

Also, I wanted to note that I totally don't think Annie knows yet. Ms. Carver can be quite slow on the up-take with these kind of things.

Robot's already a thing with Shadow, so I shouldn't imagine he'd be too upset about Kat dating. He sees himself as a Prophet more than a prospective suitor.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man I can't wait until Paz and Kat have their first fight. Not because I want to see it, but this needs to be addressed in some manner.

I would take couples counseling from a giant crab. merstomatazon.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Stop it. Stop being so adorable right now. I can't handle this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

It kinda seems that way to me, too. Maybe she doesn't know know, but maybe she at least suspects somethings up between 'em.

Oh, and obligitory :3: at this page (and all pages)

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
Kat and Paz are very sweet but I think that Annie is pretty delightful in this page. All joke-y and happy and cute! Her character development into a more sociable person has been fantastic.

Also she has no clue about Kat/Paz if Tom's comment is what we should be going by.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'd think they'd include that conversation in the comic. Since Kat hadn't told Annie last we checked, she's probably a bit anxious about it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm fairly certain Annie doesn't know yet. She might tease them, but she'd be unlikely to just randomly go on about her crush like that.

Plus, Tom probably wouldn't have that happen offscreen.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It seems that Annie thinks Kat and Paz are just good friends and is just teasing Kat in front of her friend. Tom's comment seems to reflect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

:haw:

Oh Annie, you have to take a crash course on personal relationships. ~bunp~