Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

deimos posted:

A bunch of spell crit cloth dropped.

would have? :what:

I wiped us on a winning attempt on Goloch. I mean, we would have beat him if it wasn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I promise to stop raiding if I ever tank as badly as I did yesterday.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

deimos posted:

You'll always be a better tank than me :3:

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

deimos posted:

We won in the end anyway. And tanking wasn't the issue (outside of Loracia dying because necros can't keep links up). It's goons not comprehending the concept of stacking. As a dedicated stack target for 90% of the fights, you are all terrible. :argh:

oxidation
May 22, 2011
Raided briefly with goons a loong time ago (briefly as in I think we killed one boss before guild drama happened and I stopped playing), started playing again since it went F2P.

Invite Juskana if you can, please!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Tairon posted:

We won in the end anyway. And tanking wasn't the issue (outside of Loracia dying because necros can't keep links up). It's goons not comprehending the concept of stacking. As a dedicated stack target for 90% of the fights, you are all terrible. :argh:

All of the smilies did a fantastic job last night. Though, some people really need to realize what vandee means when he says "stack so hard in him that you can only see one model".

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

A lot of stuff could have gone smoother but it all worked out in the end. I also hosed up getting a ghost once which spiraled into a wipe too.

Anyway, I'm just thrilled that matriarch is being cleared so nicely for us a couple weeks in a row after way too many practice attempts.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

All of the smilies did a fantastic job last night. Though, some people really need to realize what vandee means when he says "stack so hard in him that you can only see one model".

Where did you fail at stacking? Twins/Goloch? Because you did that so well when you were with me :v: (after a few tries ok)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

I have seen goons stacking and it is a vision to behold.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Zoness posted:

I have seen goons stacking and it is a vision to behold.

Some nights we're good at it, some nights we could give everyone in the pile a mark and none of the marks would ever touch.

KaneTW posted:

Where did you fail at stacking? Twins/Goloch?

Yes. To both of those. Also, I don't know if I just didn't have a link on some of the pulls where I died quickly, or if I was bugged, because there was a couple times on Twins where I had a 90 second parse with me dying 15-20 seconds before Hedo did where I had taken more total damage, and Simple Meter ignores overkill in its simple damage taken thing, not that the additional 60-90k from that would be especially meaningful in a parse of that type.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

KaneTW posted:

Where did you fail at stacking? Twins/Goloch? Because you did that so well when you were with me :v: (after a few tries ok)

I am perfect in every single way.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

I am perfect in every single way.

Kreczor's not kidding on this, he was batting nearly 1.000 on getting hit at least once by every mob that could cleave last night. It was sort of impressive to be honest.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pug raids are the worst but at least we got twins.

And goddamn are some healers terrible

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Epic High Five posted:

Did they remove the ability to COD things? Why would that pubbie just send people poo poo for free, hoping they'd pay?
REX are more expensive per point than just buying points, so he was trying to sell them using the cash shop gift function instead to save money.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

REX are more expensive per point than just buying points, so he was trying to sell them using the cash shop gift function instead to save money.

He also gets loyalty for gifting items to other players then just buying REX, only the person who uses the rex gets loyalty.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Kreczor posted:

I did nothing wrong. I'm innocent!
TRION should thank me for putting a dent in these scammers. I'll get them all, one ring at a time.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Daerc posted:

Some nights we're good at it, some nights we could give everyone in the pile a mark and none of the marks would ever touch.

I'd forgotten, there is one time where Goon Squad is possibly the best stacking guild in the game. Downpour mechanics. If stacking will wipe the raid, we will be drat near 100% guaranteed to have someone stacked up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

We are also very good at stacking on the goddamn medic when it's summoned.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

We are also very good at stacking on the goddamn medic when it's summoned.

/tar medic
/interact

Much easier than clicking anyway :smug:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I ain't gonna type all that!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
You could also make new macros for each of those actions to put on your bar. (Actually not sure about /interact but I don't see why not)

I suggest the apple icon for both, of course.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Daerc posted:

I'd forgotten, there is one time where Goon Squad is possibly the best stacking guild in the game. Downpour mechanics. If stacking will wipe the raid, we will be drat near 100% guaranteed to have someone stacked up.

I love to stack on bahmi.

In other news, I probably can't make the raid tonight since exams. I might come in for a crucia kill though, I can't skip out on relics.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the pts is still up during downtime, so if we have enough people willing we can try the new 5man

e: also patchnotes

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #15 - 8/14/13

GENERAL
* Fixed a client crash that could occur during loading screens.
* You now once again will soulwalk on your own server when respawning and running back to a cross-shard dungeon entrance.
* The /wardrobe command is now only restricted to only three uses every ten seconds. This command can be used to make it easier when switching equipment macros to also change your selected wardrobe!
* Fixed an issue preventing you from inviting members of the opposite faction when in the middle of a Dungeon run.

SOULS
CLERIC
* Cabalist
- Fixed an issue preventing Obliterate from correctly affecting Bound Fate.
- Slightly increased PVP damage bonus Obliterate applies to Disintegration.
* Inquisitor
- Increased the stack size of Echoing Concord to 8.

MAGE
* Dominator
- Fixed an issue with Prion’s Glowing Dominator Crystal’s 2-piece set bonus sticking around after the crystal is unequipped.

ROGUE
* Assassin
- Virulent Poison, Lethal Poison, Leeching Poison, Debilitating Poison, Enfeebling Poison: Base chance to trigger has been increased to 30%, up from 20%.
- Poison Malice: Cooldown reduced from 2 mins to 1 min.
- Debilitating Poison: Now also reduces the movement speed of affected enemies by 30%.
- Heartseeker: Now increases the damage of Assassin attacks by 5-25%, up from 4-20%.
- Enduring Brew: Now off Global Cool Down and also restores 30 energy. No longer cost energy to use.
- Cloak and Dagger: Effect now lasts 15s, up from 10s.
- Exposed Weakness: Increased the attack power contribution to the damage bonus.
* Bladedancer
- T’Scain’s Bladedancer Crystal: The effect from the 4 piece bonus now lasts 24s, up from 21s.
- Blade Hustle: Increases the duration of Rhythmic abilities by 3-9s, up from 2-6s.
- Hack and Slash: Successful Critical Hits now increases all damage by 3-15%.
- Blade Tempo: Now increases all damage by 30% instead of only Physical damage.
- Strike Back: Now triggered when you deflect an attack.
- Reprisal: Now activated when you deflect an attack.
- Defensive Pose: Now also increases movement speed by 15%.
- Dancing Steel: Damage has been increased.
- Double Coup: Now increases the damage of all Bladedancer Combo Point generating attacks by 85%, up from 75%.
* Marksman
- Collateral Damage: Now increases the damage of single target ranged weapon attacks by 2-6%, up from 1-3%.
- Bull’s Eye: Now on a 1 min cooldown. Forces the next damaging Rogue ability to Critically Hit.
- Shoot to Kill: Effect is no longer reduced in PvP.
- Full Metal Jacket: Now also increases the Critical Hit chance of Rapid Fire Shot by 5-10%.
- Silver Tip Munitions: Now causes the enemy to take 6% more damage from the Rogue per stack, up from 5%.
* Nightblade
- Hellfire Blades, Smoldering Blades, Fell Blades: Damage has been increased.
- Touch of Darkness: Function has been changed. For the next 6s, weapon ability attacks deal additional Death damage, drain 5 Energy or 5 Power or 3% of the enemy’s maximum mana. 1 min cooldown.
* Ranger
- The Dire Wolf now has a Charge ability.
- Ace Shot: Now takes 8% more damage from the Rogue, up from 6%.
- Predatory Instincts: Now increases the Rogue and the pet’s attack power and weapon damage by 4%.
- Ravenous Instincts: Now also increases Critical Hit chance by 5%.
- Feral Instincts: Now also reduces damage taken by 5%.
* Saboteur
- Now increases the damage contribution from your weapon and attack power contribution to Blast Charge and Spike Charge by 4-20%, up from 2-10%.
* Tactician
- Necrotic Torrent, Infernal Torrent, Glacial Torrent: Damage has been reduced.
- Curative Torrent, Curative Beam: Healing has been increased.
- Restorative Bolt: Healing has been increased. Can now be cast on yourself.
- Primer: Now lasts 60s, up from 30s.
- Curative Engine, Restorative Engine, Necrotic Engine, Empyrean Engine: No longer on GCD.
- Empyrean Ray, Necrotic Ray, Curative Blast: Now removes stacks of Torrent Overload based on Combo Points.
- Empyrean Engine: Now also increases the damage and healing done by Cores by 20%.
- Empyrean Engine, Necrotic Engine, Curative Engine, Restorative Engine: Now are toggled abilities.
- Power Core, Curative Core, Necrotic Core, Fortification Core: No longer restricted to setting at most 1 type of Core at a time.

WARRIOR
* Beastmaster
- Vicious Opportunity: Fixed a bug where Vicious Opportunity is tagged incorrectly as a Builder. It no longer benefit from any damage bonuses to Builders and should no longer activate the Paragon’s Follow Up attacks.
* Paragon
- Flurry: Can now be used from a 20m range. Now tagged as a ranged attack.
* Riftblade
- Blade of the Ascended: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 30% instead of all damage abilities.
- Planar Blade: Now increases the damage of Riftblade abilities by 10%, up from 5%.
- Surging Energy: Now grants a 25-50% chance that the power cost of the next Attack Point generating ability is reduced by 25%.
- Rift Implosion: Fixed a bug where Rift Implosion consumes Surging Energy when the damage effect happens. It should only consume Surging Energy when it is initially applied.
* Tempest
- Double Pulse: No longer has a cooldown.
- Quick Recharge: Now reduces the cooldown of Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent and Storm Torrent by 2.5/5s.
- Grounded: Now refunctioned to increase the damage of all ranged attacks by 5-15%.
* Warlord
- Breaking Blow: No longer generates additional threat.
- Eye of the Storm: Function has been changed. Now snares a single enemy for 10s. 10s cooldown.

DUNGEONS
* Exodus of the Storm Queen: Hot Lead, Cold Steel - Addressed an issue that could cause the Storm Legion Attackers to remain unattackable after they burst into the building.

ZONES
DENDROME
* Completing Instant Adventures in The Dendrome now awards 50 Hailol and Achyati notoriety.
* Strongholds
- Ustulous should wait a small amount of time after teleporting before casting her heal.
- Reduced the damage of several Stronghold boss abilities, such as a few of Ustulous's ranged attacks and Ridira's Void Barrage.

those ia rep changes :psyduck:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

the pts is still up during downtime, so if we have enough people willing we can try the new 5man

e: also patchnotes

those ia rep changes :psyduck:

So paragon > everything now?

I guess I should have listened to vandee on his rotation...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Last time I did the new 5 man it was pretty broken,Greenscale didn't engage properly, Atrophinius kept resetting after the wall behind him was gone, and Twyll [sic] just felt really underwhelming and the ghost assassin trash is nasty. And the rp event up to the third boss is really annoying if you don't coordinate it, hopefully they've fixed some of the spawn or ai on those mobs because holy crap.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

So paragon > everything now?

I guess I should have listened to vandee on his rotation...

nope. flurry still has a pretty hefty cooldown and you could use 61wl (which will parse far higher) on any fight you'd usually use paragon on. i think the flurry change just makes it more comfortable for 6 seconds of a disconnect, and if youre on the ball refreshing warlord dots before a disconnect will pull better sustained dps anyway.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

61WL DPS is beyond insane. Like, that dude in TDQ pulling over 20k on everything :wtc:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

nope. flurry still has a pretty hefty cooldown and you could use 61wl (which will parse far higher) on any fight you'd usually use paragon on. i think the flurry change just makes it more comfortable for 6 seconds of a disconnect, and if youre on the ball refreshing warlord dots before a disconnect will pull better sustained dps anyway.

Obviously you wouldn't use paragon on any fight that has multiple targets (ie matriarch). Flurry serves no purpose at all to paragons regardless, save for disconnects. Even then, if it's a disconnect fight you'd be in better shape to use riftblade (debateable now). I guess just need to get even MORE IS for WL crystal.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Obviously you wouldn't use paragon on any fight that has multiple targets (ie matriarch). Flurry serves no purpose at all to paragons regardless, save for disconnects. Even then, if it's a disconnect fight you'd be in better shape to use riftblade (debateable now). I guess just need to get even MORE IS for WL crystal.

Warlord Crystal was the best Crystal at launch. 120 strength :laffo:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Those rogue changes :D :D :D

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

I barely use Paragon for anything now, Warlord da bess. Also I used Warlord for Matriarch since we have plenty of AoE DPS :v: Even on a fight with disconnects Paragon has been better for almost everything unless you have to shock pulse spam a ranged target for some reason (Jultharin), and will be even better now that Shock Pulse damage has been reduced.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

vandiar posted:

I barely use Paragon for anything now, Warlord da bess. Also I used Warlord for Matriarch since we have plenty of AoE DPS :v: Even on a fight with disconnects Paragon has been better for almost everything unless you have to shock pulse spam a ranged target for some reason (Jultharin), and will be even better now that Shock Pulse damage has been reduced.

Yea, I kind of wish I could trade in my riftblade crystal. I'll be switching one of my specs over to WL or just buying the extra spot when I get a chance sometime next week.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Stanley Pain posted:

Those rogue changes :D :D :D

Bah. I won't be able to flamethrower my way across the world (as quickly) anymore. :(

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kreczor posted:

In other news, I probably can't make the raid tonight since exams. I might come in for a crucia kill though, I can't skip out on relics.

I will also not be there. In fact, I will probably be missing on most Wednesdays as I am getting back into our weekly table top night.

Zoness posted:

Warlord Crystal was the best Crystal at launch. 120 strength :laffo:

At launch!? That's absurd.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Kreczor posted:

Yea, I kind of wish I could trade in my riftblade crystal. I'll be switching one of my specs over to WL or just buying the extra spot when I get a chance sometime next week.

Riftblade is still okay, it gets a bit of a ST boost with this hotfix, along with having ok AoE. It just sits in that weird spot between Warlord/Paragon and Champion. I mean it's great for experts if you don't feel like switching specs between trash and bosses!

Also most warrior crystals had that 120 str buff, its just that it required you to use some ability in the spec to activate it. Warlord was just a flat 120 str at all times so it was a bit silly. They changed it some time ago to be activated on Empowering Strike.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

vandiar posted:

Riftblade is still okay, it gets a bit of a ST boost with this hotfix, along with having ok AoE. It just sits in that weird spot between Warlord/Paragon and Champion. I mean it's great for experts if you don't feel like switching specs between trash and bosses!

Also most warrior crystals had that 120 str buff, its just that it required you to use some ability in the spec to activate it. Warlord was just a flat 120 str at all times so it was a bit silly. They changed it some time ago to be activated on Empowering Strike.

the problem is that with the buffs to pyro and cleric dps (partly due to people under-reporting pts parses) that only warlord is really competitive with shaman/pyro/necro in bis or close to bis gear. the shock pulse nerf really hurts riftblades because they were a little behind. i've started using 61wl on salvarola and pyros are still ahead of me, and even if you do soul incinerations perfectly (=no disconnects) 61rb will fall behind. it just feels like riftblade and paragon are in this position where they're easy to play, but entirely unnecessary except for a couple of fights (regulos/kyzan).

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Tsu, I don't know poo poo about Bladedancer. Do these changes make it viable?

Also, I have a feeling that that Sab change is actually huge.

edit: Also, Vandee. I was talking to Rolle this morning and he hasn't had a chance to raid with us. I'm willing to give him my spot, since I don't need anything except the orange upgrades for desolate poo poo at this point (excepting some stuff that Tsu and Loracia need too and have higher priority for). I'll be around, of course, if needed, but I am more than happy to let him sit in for me.

Keshik fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 14, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Anyone else's game crashing as soon as they hit play? :ohdear:

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Eltoasto posted:

Yes and a quick round of googling suggests this http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/380265-hit-play-i-crash-error.html is the likely culprit. Testing now.

e: This worked for me.

mirarant fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

If you're on windows 7, it might be this.

• Locked thread