Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Jesus friggin' christ stop it :3:

Kinda can't tell if Kat's going "I swear, that girl's gonna be the death of me" or "I swear I'm not diggin' on Eglamore anymore, I doubt I'd even recognize him if I saw him"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rasamune posted:

"I doubt I'd even recognize him if I saw him"

Well it IS Eglamore after all. (or so I'm told)

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Madrox posted:

One thing I hadn't considered until tonight, is what Robot will think of Kat having a significant other. What will he think about this other human occupying his Angel's time?

Also, I wanted to note that I totally don't think Annie knows yet. Ms. Carver can be quite slow on the up-take with these kind of things.

Robot probably already knows given his stalking tendencies. There's probably a good chance he'll inform Annie about it either indirectly or by actually asking what's up with them.

Or maybe Coyote will let the Kat[sic] out of the bag somehow.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

reignonyourparade posted:

It is ENTIRELY possible the Annie just thinks Kat is embarrassed about being seen as having a crush on a teacher, and is in fact congratulating herself on picking up that subtext as she walks away.

This is definitely what is going on. Annie doesn't know - how could such a possibly awkward event happen off-panel anyway?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, I actually could see it happening off-panel and Annie being totally fine with it, but like others I'm inclined to believe that Annie doesn't know and is thinking Kat's embarrassed at her teasing for the wrong reasons.

Also, as someone pointed out, it's interesting to see Annie so open around someone besides Kat or a person she's pissed off at. Annie's growing up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Well, I actually could see it happening off-panel and Annie being totally fine with it, but like others I'm inclined to believe that Annie doesn't know and is thinking Kat's embarrassed at her teasing for the wrong reasons.

Also, as someone pointed out, it's interesting to see Annie so open around someone besides Kat or a person she's pissed off at. Annie's growing up.

This is exactly what makes this page so funny to me; you just know Annie's SO proud of her socializing skills just now, while still not having a clue. But she's trying!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I didn't think it was possible for this comic to get any cuter. :3:

Also I'm on the side of "Annie has no idea and is just gossiping".

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Really curious on whether Friday's page is going to follow Annie away to do foresty things or stay on Kat and Paz being adorable and awkward. I'm not sure I could take a whole chapter of :3: without going into diabetic shock.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Blackheart posted:

Well it IS Eglamore after all. (or so I'm told)

Thank you Mr. Wolfcastle

BobTheJanitor posted:

Really curious on whether Friday's page is going to follow Annie away to do foresty things or stay on Kat and Paz being adorable and awkward. I'm not sure I could take a whole chapter of :3: without going into diabetic shock.

My bet's on the former; "crash course" likely refers to one on managing forest-court relations

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rasamune posted:

Thank you Mr. Wolfcastle

Oops, it was just too subtle for my dumb brain, sorry :downs:

Rasamune posted:

My bet's on the former; "crash course" likely refers to one on managing forest-court relations

The chapter can still be about both, like the penultimate chapter was! But as for the next page yeah, we'll probably go with Annie.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I would legitimately be happy if Annie's forest visit was all off-screen and the entire chapter was a day in the life of Kat & Paz.

I mean, realistically, I'm sure something awesome will happen in the forest. But those two are just so cute.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Butt dance, butt dance

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

I would legitimately be happy if Annie's forest visit was all off-screen and the entire chapter was a day in the life of Kat & Paz.

I mean, realistically, I'm sure something awesome will happen in the forest. But those two are just so cute.

It's kind of sad that when given the choice between Kat and Paz, or a potential Coyote story, I would prefer Kat and Paz. Annie can come back later with a "Annie & Grinnie BFFs 4 Eva" shirt in the last panel so we know everything went well there are rhythm games to be played drat it.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Oh yeah I wanted to talk about this

Blasmeister posted:

I dunno man, she's proved before that she's not very good at sensing the tone

The thing about that scene, to me, isn't that Annie doesn't realize that Parley and Smitty are getting sweet with each other; it's that she really doesn't think it's important or worth talking about in comparison to dealing with the psychotic ghost who had just tried to murder her for the second time. I don't really blame her for that lapse in sensitivity; she probably realized how much of an rear end she'd been once she'd had some time to clear her head.

Besides, Annie's been much better about this kind of thing in more :airquote:normal:airquote: circumstances.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, that was ridiculously cute. Keep up the amazing work, Tea.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rasamune posted:

Oh yeah I wanted to talk about this

The thing about that scene, to me, isn't that Annie doesn't realize that Parley and Smitty are getting sweet with each other; it's that she really doesn't think it's important or worth talking about in comparison to dealing with the psychotic ghost who had just tried to murder her for the second time. I don't really blame her for that lapse in sensitivity; she probably realized how much of an rear end she'd been once she'd had some time to clear her head.

Besides, Annie's been much better about this kind of thing in more :airquote:normal:airquote: circumstances.

Stupid links making me read stupid gunnerkrigg chapters again for the millionth stupid time.*

Anyway I noticed the second one (better) connected to the penultimate page of that chapter in a way I hadn't noticed before.

*None of it is stupid and I love all of it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jazz hands!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 14, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kennel posted:

Jazz hands!

I love that panel, and might have to cycle my avatar to it. I've had Sad Robot King for ages now.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That was just a stupid thing I posted when I was a dumb kid...

e.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 14, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

All of those avatar ideas are amazing.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Kennel posted:

That was just a stupid thing I posted when I was a dumb kid...

I'm a fan of this one.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

This new batch of avatars really make me regret my current decision. I'm a bad person.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I've done it, there's no going back now. What I've started here cannot be stopped.

Someone else is free to take Sad Robot King if they feel like it. He needs a good home.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dat hip-check, it is the adorablest.
2nd to last panel is probably my favorite on the page.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Comparing it to last time, though: is this better or worse than if she'd just walked over and lifted Paz a foot in the air to satisfy her curiosity?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh, Annie. :allears: I wonder when is she going to find out?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Coyote will do an interpretive dance and suddenly all the pieces will fall into place.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

dyzzy posted:

Coyote will do an interpretive dance and suddenly all the pieces will fall into place.

"You smell very similar to each other! Are you wife and wife?"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Pure :3: gold on this page, I tell you what.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Butt dance, butt dance

:3: :allears: :3:

You know, as adorbable as Kat and Paz are I think its better that Tom leaves their interactions as they have been so far, subtle and in the background/off to the side. I'd rather not things get hamfisted

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Super Waffle posted:

:3: :allears: :3:

You know, as adorbable as Kat and Paz are I think its better that Tom leaves their interactions as they have been so far, subtle and in the background/off to the side. I'd rather not things get hamfisted

I agree. Pretty sure I remember reading that Tom said that one thing he really hates is the sexualization of his characters. So I'd imagine he'd like to give those people as little ammo as possible.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Butt dance, butt dance
:3:

Out of all the great gifs to come out of this comic, this is one of my favorites. Until the next one that will be my favorite.

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

Butt dance, butt dance

That is an awesome avatar! I'd get it... Some day :(

Anyway yep Kat and Paz are still adorable. I'm hoping this arc is about them. But more Annie forest time is good :o So who would win in a rhythm game off? My money is on Kat! ;p

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Butt dance, butt dance

Holy poo poo this page is absolutely amazing, this gif is amazing, everything is adorable :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bussamove posted:

It's kind of sad that when given the choice between Kat and Paz, or a potential Coyote story, I would prefer Kat and Paz. Annie can come back later with a "Annie & Grinnie BFFs 4 Eva" shirt in the last panel so we know everything went well there are rhythm games to be played drat it.

How about both at once! Coyote meets Kat and Paz!

As much as I love the Kat and Paz thing, I just loving love Coyote. He's one of my favorite characters in any work of fiction to be honest

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Paz's sly sideways glance in the 2nd last panel is amazing. I get the feeling Kat is going to be teased more than once for that.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Butt dance, butt dance

I love that I was thinking of a gif for this the moment I saw it and then someone actually went ahead and made it.

Seriously, those two look so god drat happy together.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

FezCactus posted:

That is an awesome avatar! I'd get it... Some day :(

Pucklynn
Sep 8, 2010

chop chop chop
Romantic comedies have ruined me. I keep expecting Paz to 'comically' misinterpret something and for everything to go terribly wrong (also known as 'wacky hijinks'.. Ugh) but instead she's cool and there normal and adorable and it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

Splicer posted:

Holy crap I've been blessed by the avatar fairy. Thank you :D