Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

vandalism posted:

That old guy that Geralt was riding with could be Vessemir, the witcher mentor.

Actually, yes, that makes sense. The VA even sounds rather similar to Vesimir's VA in W1.

Of course, it's equally likely to be Ciri using some kind of voice modulation magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foulbrood
May 17, 2004

This is it, Jonesy!
I think CD Projekt just said gently caress it. The trailer is up on the main Witcher site - higher quality than the previous youtube posted as well.

It definitely hit all the right notes for me! I hope neutrality plays a role more similar to 1 instead of 2.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
drat, that looks pretty epic in 1080p.

Have they said whether W3 will be playable at GC?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Geralt actually makes the correct hand sign when he casts Aard, not just a generic Force Push gesture. It's the little things :allears:

Here's the trailer, for those that don't want to go looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Geralt is the coolest dude alive. One minute he's all brooding philosopher, the next he's murderin' dudes.

I loved that shot at the end with the rescued woman by the thug. I like to think she helped string him up.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Coughing Hobo posted:

Geralt actually makes the correct hand sign when he casts Aard, not just a generic Force Push gesture. It's the little things :allears:

Everything about that Aard blast was awesome, from the gesture to the overpressure wave to the way the air seemed to electrify at the point of origin.

Their attention to detail is just one of the many things that sets this series apart.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

"Killing... monsters"

Goddamn it, I don't know how CDPR keeps making their stuff so awesome, but I hope they never stop.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah, I'm guessing the other rider is Vesemir. I loved that weary "Make it quick, Geralt." when they were about to lynch the woman.

Geralt is done with this bullshit.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

I love that they kept the "LEAST LIKELY TO BE ABSOLUTE ARSE" E3 award from Videogamer up there in the beginning of the trailer.

harley
Sep 2, 2004
I hate Geralt's armor. Looks like he's wearing a corset.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Geralt is the coolest dude alive. One minute he's all brooding philosopher, the next he's murderin' dudes.

I loved that shot at the end with the rescued woman by the thug. I like to think she helped string him up.

Then later Geralt learns that she really is a cannibal witch who preys on small children.

Vargrym
Aug 15, 2012

So is there a most fun way to play The Witcher 2? I can't seem to finish it and I think I've started it three times or so now. I usually start losing steam towards the end of Chapter 2 or so. Is the game more interesting after you get done dealing with the army camps?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Vargrym posted:

So is there a most fun way to play The Witcher 2? I can't seem to finish it and I think I've started it three times or so now. I usually start losing steam towards the end of Chapter 2 or so. Is the game more interesting after you get done dealing with the army camps?
After Chapter 2, you're basically 80 or 90% through the game depending on how much you like optional boss fights way harder then the rest of the game.

Vargrym
Aug 15, 2012

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll persevere because difficult boss fights sound good to me.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

CDPR just announced on twitter that Charles Dance will be voicing the emperor of Nilfgaard in the English dub of the game.

Works for me...

Akong
Nov 6, 2010

Xaurips are reptilian humanoids about the size of orlans.
The Witcher 3 is the best game I have never played.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Leb posted:

CDPR just announced on twitter that Charles Dance will be voicing the emperor of Nilfgaard in the English dub of the game.

Works for me...

One step closer to their A Song of Ice and Fire RPG.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Leb posted:

Works for me...

:supaburn: Holy balls this is perfect.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Leb posted:

Works for me...

Time to go right the gently caress back to English VOs forever now. Holy poo poo! :fap:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
He's gonna make me grudgingly love another character I expected to hate, isn't he.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I thought the voice acting was great already. Well, in the second game. In the first it's pretty mediocre.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Leb posted:

Works for me...

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

The Sharmat posted:

I thought the voice acting was great already. Well, in the second game. In the first it's pretty mediocre.

If I could anticipate the Dandelion voice actor coming on I remember tried to immediately switch to Polish. Is there anything in the book's characterization of Dandelion that would make sense of why he sounds so flat and nearly monotone? Even in two I wasn't a fan of that character's voice. Maybe it was just the lines he was given that seemed so out of place.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Coughing Hobo posted:

Holy poo poo :stare: CDPR really improves their CG scenes with each game; the new intro that came with W2:EE was amazing, and this is several steps above even that.

CDPR didn't do this trailer it is done by Digic Pictures. Game studios never do their own CG trailers with the exception of a few like Blizzard who have their own cg movie departments.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Jesus gently caress I am so pumped for The Witcher 3 you wouldn't believe.

Up until now I've only seen like a few screenshots and off-hand mentions, but I just now got around to watching the semi-recent gameplay trailer and now that "Killing Monsters" cinematic, and now I can't wait.

I'm quite sure the other guy in that trailer at least has the same VA as Vesemir. I hope I'm right, I liked the old guy in the first game.
And now with Charles Dance on board the game surely won't be starved for charismatic-as-gently caress gravelly male voices.

Oh well, I just started replaying TW2 anyways, since my first time was without the EE content and without an imported save. Going with Dark Mode, let's see how far I get before I blow a fuse.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

keyframe posted:

CDPR didn't do this trailer it is done by Digic Pictures. Game studios never do their own CG trailers with the exception of a few like Blizzard who have their own cg movie departments.

Well, whoever they hire to do their CGI, they do know how to compose and condense a situation. It's just so much more believable than any competing RPG's trailer, while also being more exciting and dynamic.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

keyframe posted:

Yeah, well... shut up.

Really, though, I stand corrected. Either way, these guys are really loving good.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Jabronie posted:

If I could anticipate the Dandelion voice actor coming on I remember tried to immediately switch to Polish. Is there anything in the book's characterization of Dandelion that would make sense of why he sounds so flat and nearly monotone? Even in two I wasn't a fan of that character's voice. Maybe it was just the lines he was given that seemed so out of place.

Oh God, Dandelion's VA. In W1, he was flat-out unacceptable and easily the worst VA among a sea of bad VAs.

Then W2 came along and had some really superb voice work and they even replaced Dandelion's VA... with another terrible VA. Well, maybe not terrible, per se, but somebody with a middle American accent who read his lines in a super affected stage voice and just seemed all, 'Joe "Bumblefuck" America travels to the other side of the pond'.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
He's a bard, though, I thought his voice was perfect in W2 with that theatrical tinge to his delivery.

More importantly, though, Geralt has some of his best lines when talking to/about Dandelion.

"You're an adult. Kind of."

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I must have really low VA standards because apart from Vincent as his alter ego in W1, its all good!

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

dud root posted:

I must have really low VA standards because apart from Vincent as his alter ego in W1, its all good!

The voice work in the Witcher 1 is pretty subpar and its glaringly obvious how bad it is whenever many of the characters are supposed to be conveying an emotion other than their standard/neutral one. I always used the English VAs mostly because on the whole it was bearable and because there were a few VAs I really really liked (Thaler :swoon: for one)

Coughing Hobo posted:

He's a bard, though, I thought his voice was perfect in W2 with that theatrical tinge to his delivery.

More importantly, though, Geralt has some of his best lines when talking to/about Dandelion.

"You're an adult. Kind of."

"He loving went in"

Man though you reminded me how much I love that scene in the tavern in Flotsom with Triss, Geralt, Dandelion and Zoltan. Just four friends in a bar catching up with each other and shooting the poo poo.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

steinrokkan posted:

Well, whoever they hire to do their CGI, they do know how to compose and condense a situation. It's just so much more believable than any competing RPG's trailer, while also being more exciting and dynamic.

That would be Digic Pictures:

http://www.digicpictures.com/

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SpRahl posted:

Man though you reminded me how much I love that scene in the tavern in Flotsom with Triss, Geralt, Dandelion and Zoltan. Just four friends in a bar catching up with each other and shooting the poo poo.

Yeah, CD Projekt is good at little moments like that. The Witcher 2 also had drinking with the Blue Stripes, and if the voice acting had been a bit better, Geralt getting drunk with Zoltan and Dandelion in The Witcher 1 probably would have been just as good. (It was still pretty good)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

Yeah, CD Projekt is good at little moments like that. The Witcher 2 also had drinking with the Blue Stripes, and if the voice acting had been a bit better, Geralt getting drunk with Zoltan and Dandelion in The Witcher 1 probably would have been just as good. (It was still pretty good)

It would have been better, at the very least in the un-enhanced version, if I knew what everyone was talking about.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

keyframe posted:

That would be Digic Pictures:

http://www.digicpictures.com/

Are you sure? I was under the impression that they use Platige.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

BBJoey posted:

Are you sure? I was under the impression that they use Platige.

My bad you are right it was Platige.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Well, that's one trailer that sets the bar higher for just plain amazing graphics quality. I think it's actually passed the uncanny valley territory now, specifically on the really close shots which Platige is obviously quite proud of given it's their screencap for the trailer work, and everything looks passably close to reality that it doesn't trigger a creepy vibe at all. Witcher 2's trailers despite good photorealistic graphics are on the other side of the valley to me. Granted, there's still some work to be done with more accurate lighting models it seems (the colors look really washed out compared to live action) but it's encouraging to see visible progress being made in the game industry instead of just going for cheap thrills more or less.

Not sure if they'll release a making of video for this like they did for the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser video but I'd speculate they made them substantially differently from each other.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm running through with the combat rebalance mod, but it doesn't look like anyone sells grapeshot diagrams. I'm not using any other mods. Anyone know where to find it?

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
Anyone know how to get this game running in fullscreen? I have checked the box and everything.
I'm running with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650 on a Lenovo IdeaPad Y500. Am I stuck playing it windowed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you've already played the game before the act 3 fix, is it even worth it playing it again to see the changes?

I feel like I should but I still have old hardware and I don't really want to play through at 20fps on low again

• Locked thread