Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

cuntvalet posted:

There's a about 150 to 200 agents at this location. The client is really picky and bullyish though.

I've been applying to jobs like crazy. After I get out of here I'm never doing call center work again.

If you're wanting to get out anyway then I guess there's little to lose in making a complaint. Just make sure you follow whatever the procedures are. Honestly, it's really lovely that the guy was a cock towards you for no good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Fil5000 posted:

If you're wanting to get out anyway then I guess there's little to lose in making a complaint. Just make sure you follow whatever the procedures are. Honestly, it's really lovely that the guy was a cock towards you for no good reason.

Do you think if I made an anonymous complaint it would come back on me? I'm worried if I make a complaint at all the reaction will be the same as our friend from above whose response was "stop coming in late." Which while fair doesn't really resolve anything.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Waste of time. Nothing is going to happen with it. My advice, keep your head down, follow the rules, do whats asked of you and find a way out. Not worth painting a target on your back for.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

cuntvalet posted:

Do you think if I made an anonymous complaint it would come back on me? I'm worried if I make a complaint at all the reaction will be the same as our friend from above whose response was "stop coming in late." Which while fair doesn't really resolve anything.

I don't think an anonymous complaint will do anything at all really. If you want to progress it, I'd speak to your direct supervisor and explain that you'd rather not have your performance or attendance discussed like that. If you're not happy with the response, follow the escalation process.

skipdogg posted:

Waste of time. Nothing is going to happen with it. My advice, keep your head down, follow the rules, do whats asked of you and find a way out. Not worth painting a target on your back for.

Hooray for enabling lovely behaviour in the workplace!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Alright I will definitely look into it on my end. Thank you so much for all of the advice, I appreciate it.

Also, new rant: Our systems apparently work in such a way that if you spoke to a customer and they have to call back in, if you're available they get routed to you. In the past two days I've had the same rude know it all rear end in a top hat three times including a consultation from Client Care. It's ridiculous. There's no way to opt out of that routing either.

Boo. Hiss.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Fil5000 posted:

Hooray for enabling lovely behaviour in the workplace!

I wouldn't call it enabling, I'd say I'm being realistic. Call centers are lovely environments. Most call centers, especially outsourced, for profit call centers don't give 2 shits about employees. Show up for work and create billable minutes and stay in metrics you can work here as long as you want. If you become not worth keeping around for whatever reason, there's the door. There's a new class of replacement agents starting every Monday. It's a poo poo business. I once heard the 'contact center' referred to as the 21st century coal mine.

Generally 1st party internal support centers are better than 3rd party outsourced. My wife worked at Chase for a while doing credit card support and it was a good professional environment where agents were taken care of. They were actual Chase employees and treated as such. 3rd party for profit centers tend to be a meat grinder.

CV has every right to escalate the issue if she wants. Personally I don't think it's worth it. Hell we publicly post how many minutes late folks are as part of their metrics on both a website and a cork board outside the break room so I don't see the big deal with it. It's not like the HR lady came to your cube and started talking about FMLA paperwork to remove a 3rd nipple in front of everyone, and now every calls you triple nipple in the break room and you're experiencing embarrassment and anguish as the result. If she needs the job, my advice is to keep your head down. Remember, there's a reason to fire anyone if you look hard enough, and when someone starts rocking the boat it's a short jump to 'how can we get rid of this person legally'. Let's look at this agents performance, tardy issues, multiple call outs in the last year, below average metrics. We can fire them per the attendance or quality policy, lets go ahead and give a written final warning and watch them like a hawk for the next tiny mistake so we can end their employment. Quality starts listening to every single call looking for a failing score. 1 minute of tardy or being late coming back from break or lunch. Everything gets documented and when HR has enough to show you the door without repercussion you're out on your rear end. I've seen it done many many times.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

skipdogg posted:

I wouldn't call it enabling, I'd say I'm being realistic. Call centers are lovely environments. Most call centers, especially outsourced, for profit call centers don't give 2 shits about employees. Show up for work and create billable minutes and stay in metrics you can work here as long as you want. If you become not worth keeping around for whatever reason, there's the door. There's a new class of replacement agents starting every Monday. It's a poo poo business. I once heard the 'contact center' referred to as the 21st century coal mine.

Generally 1st party internal support centers are better than 3rd party outsourced. My wife worked at Chase for a while doing credit card support and it was a good professional environment where agents were taken care of. They were actual Chase employees and treated as such. 3rd party for profit centers tend to be a meat grinder.

CV has every right to escalate the issue if she wants. Personally I don't think it's worth it. Hell we publicly post how many minutes late folks are as part of their metrics on both a website and a cork board outside the break room so I don't see the big deal with it. It's not like the HR lady came to your cube and started talking about FMLA paperwork to remove a 3rd nipple in front of everyone, and now every calls you triple nipple in the break room and you're experiencing embarrassment and anguish as the result. If she needs the job, my advice is to keep your head down. Remember, there's a reason to fire anyone if you look hard enough, and when someone starts rocking the boat it's a short jump to 'how can we get rid of this person legally'. Let's look at this agents performance, tardy issues, multiple call outs in the last year, below average metrics. We can fire them per the attendance or quality policy, lets go ahead and give a written final warning and watch them like a hawk for the next tiny mistake so we can end their employment. Quality starts listening to every single call looking for a failing score. 1 minute of tardy or being late coming back from break or lunch. Everything gets documented and when HR has enough to show you the door without repercussion you're out on your rear end. I've seen it done many many times.

I know where you're coming from with this, but it IS enabling lovely behaviour. If everyone that gets treated like poo poo keeps their head down and says nothing then lovely people get to keep saying lovely things. It may be that this person doesn't even realise they've being a lovely poo poo, and a conversation with cuntvalet's manager will prompt a conversation with this ops manager who will immediately feel terrible and apologise. It may be that the ops manager is actually a poo poo and moderates their behaviour lest THEY fall foul of HR. Or it may be that you're right and they will start to document everything cuntvalet does.

A lot of this will come down to which country cuntvalet is in. In America, yeah, you can get shitcanned for anything in some states. In the UK, I've seen people spend three years with a centre actively trying to get them fired because they're awful and unsuited to the job and HR keep restarting the process over the tiniest thing. I've even seen people get fired and come back because the reason for their dismissal was made out to be one thing when it was in fact something else entirely - and the other thing would have been 100% legit grounds for dismissal but wasn't included in the paperwork anywhere.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

You can't make it very long without doing this, can you?

Bad idea IMO.

She live in Canada, the world where the government gives a gently caress about works.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I know this is a silly thing to say in this thread particularly, but my co-worker is a call reenactor and it drives me batshit.

Like somehow our 15 minute breaks are kinda synched, so I'll be sitting here letting the first barrage of calls ooze out of my brain and reading bullshit threads or posting about video games or Magic and she'll turn around and start in,

"You wouldn't believe this call, so he beeps in, and he's PISSED and saying to me :words:"

And I'm just like :stare:

It's almost like I don't even get a break, because she goes through every step of the call and all the things SHE said that were SO COOL AND QUIPPY and how she's not gonna take none of that and blah blah blah.

The hell do you do? "I don't care stop talking to me" and then I'm the rear end in a top hat of the floor or something. I might start taking my break away from the PC and using my phone to unwind, but the WiFi here is dogshit and the internet is the only thing that salves the wounds.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Loving Life Partner posted:

I know this is a silly thing to say in this thread particularly, but my co-worker is a call reenactor and it drives me batshit.

Like somehow our 15 minute breaks are kinda synched, so I'll be sitting here letting the first barrage of calls ooze out of my brain and reading bullshit threads or posting about video games or Magic and she'll turn around and start in,

"You wouldn't believe this call, so he beeps in, and he's PISSED and saying to me :words:"

It's almost like I don't even get a break, because she goes through every step of the call and all the things SHE said that were SO COOL AND QUIPPY and how she's not gonna take none of that and blah blah blah.

The hell do you do? "I don't care stop talking to me" and then I'm the rear end in a top hat of the floor or something. I might start taking my break away from the PC and using my phone to unwind, but the WiFi here is dogshit and the internet is the only thing that salves the wounds.

Oh god are you talking about me? That sounds like it could be me. :ohdear: I do it because I consider my desk mates all as friends and we bitch about customers to eachother. I hope it's not me.

Also the wifi at my office is super lovely too.

The only difference is I don't think I'm cool or quippy. I just say what I wish I could say when venting with my neighbors. :ohdear:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Maybe I'm being anti-social with my lack of commiseration, but usually this chick bitches about perfectly reasonable requests, and says poo poo that is plain wrong to customers, so I don't really have any interest in her epic wins over customers.

She probably escalates like a half dozen customers a day because they can hear her being lovely to them when she's giving chapter and verse company guidelines.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Maybe I'm being anti-social with my lack of commiseration, but usually this chick bitches about perfectly reasonable requests, and says poo poo that is plain wrong to customers, so I don't really have any interest in her epic wins over customers.

She probably escalates like a half dozen customers a day because they can hear her being lovely to them when she's giving chapter and verse company guidelines.

Okay I doubt that's me then Bahaha.

Had to send coaching to an L2 today. Not impressed.

But hey we get an employee appreciation free pizza lunch on Monday. :toot:

supkirbs
Oct 15, 2012

The library is the worst bunch of people assembled in history. They're mean, conniving, rude and extremely well read which makes them very dangerous.

I did that too but only if we were both not on break and just had a lull between calls. However, in your situation I find that just keeping your eyes on whatever you're doing and just muttering, "Uh huh.....mmm.....hmmm....." in a monotone voice shuts them up pretty quickly.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I've instituted a very firm rule that I do not talk about work on my break, period. When I bust it out I do it as if I'm asking a favor - "hey, can you do me a favor? This job really gets to me and I just don't talk about work on my break. Is that cool?"

Every time I've used it the guy gets it, I get peaceful breaks forever, and we can even still be friends. It's all in how you say it, make it about you and not them. I haven't had anyone get upset about it yet, and if they do, gently caress em. I need my break.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

cuntvalet posted:

Oh god are you talking about me? That sounds like it could be me. :ohdear: I do it because I consider my desk mates all as friends and we bitch about customers to eachother. I hope it's not me.

Also the wifi at my office is super lovely too.

The only difference is I don't think I'm cool or quippy. I just say what I wish I could say when venting with my neighbors. :ohdear:
At the two centers I worked at, griping about customers was 100% normal. We also would tell each other to STFU if we didn't want to hear it. No one had a problem with that either!

Taking your break away from your work station would definitely be good for you. I usually ate an apple and walked about a half mile per break. It barely kept me same. And if your coworker won't shut up, you do have a voice. "Hey Bob, I really need a few min of no customer thoughts right now, kthx?"

The 'do me a favor' thing is definitely a good suggestion.

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated

SiGmA_X posted:

At the two centers I worked at, griping about customers was 100% normal. We also would tell each other to STFU if we didn't want to hear it. No one had a problem with that either!
Taking your break away from your work station would definitely be good for you. I usually ate an apple and walked about a half mile per break. It barely kept me same. And if your coworker won't shut up, you do have a voice. "Hey Bob, I really need a few min of no customer thoughts right now, kthx?"

The 'do me a favor' thing is definitely a good suggestion.
Also, headphones. I listen to music on my tablet when I take lunch at my desk. Works a charm for getting some peace and loving quiet while I eat and lurk SA. I'd rather lunch away from my desk, but we can only access wifi on approved company-issued devices. Which are conveniently only issued to management.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Ugh. Boss sent me this bullshit "survey", I put it in quotation marks because it's obviously some "think about ways you could better sacrifice your time and sanity to help our bottom line" bullshit.

I wish I could just answer "I don't care about any of the above nonsense, I just get paid to answer phones for you and this time next year I'm moving to a new state where I'll hopefully never talk on a phone again for as long as I live and nobody but middle management lifer assholes cares about this horse poo poo."

I mean maybe one out of 15 or 20 reps I meet actually feels like there's a career here, and you can see them gunning to move up the ladder with everything they do, but most people here? HAH.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

cuntvalet posted:

A lot of stuff changed at my center when I began filing anonymous complaints about some illegal things happening, unprofessional behavior from managers, etc.
That said, I don't think I ever reported anything that happened to me personally--just things that happened to mostly everyone. So if this guy does it to more than one person, call it in. You might have to make a few reports on different things before they start paying attention. FWIW, I live in the U.S. and work at an internal call center, not a third-party outsourced call center.

Good news! I have a job offer at a not-call-center! They're over-nighting an offer to me, and now I'm waiting for my drug test results/background check to go through. I've just been trying to leave for so long that I'm really paranoid something will fall through at the last minute. I almost can't believe this is happening.

I'm going to miss working at home, but I honestly can't do this anymore.

I'm going to need to pick a new co-worker to call in anonymous complaints after I leave and make sure that the managers stay on their toes--really, talking to the HR person face-to-face was useless, but the anonymous line was monitored by higher-ups so poo poo got done immediately if I called it in. I think I have someone in mind.

legsarerequired fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 13, 2013

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Ugh. Boss sent me this bullshit "survey", I put it in quotation marks because it's obviously some "think about ways you could better sacrifice your time and sanity to help our bottom line" bullshit.

I wish I could just answer "I don't care about any of the above nonsense, I just get paid to answer phones for you and this time next year I'm moving to a new state where I'll hopefully never talk on a phone again for as long as I live and nobody but middle management lifer assholes cares about this horse poo poo."

I mean maybe one out of 15 or 20 reps I meet actually feels like there's a career here, and you can see them gunning to move up the ladder with everything they do, but most people here? HAH.
That IS how I answered those surveys. My call centers knew I was a full time student and my tenure was short lived. Its always fun keeping your managers on edge about when you're not going to come back, especially if the center isn't hitting your service commitment goal (wasn't that what its called? Where you have X calls answered in Y seconds.)

Also, if you dress like you DGAF (PJ's! Works like a charm) and then wear really expensive suits, your managers may/may not pull you aside and talk about how you like the job and promotion possibilities. May was my case, and it was super funny.You think $0.50/hr is enough for me to want MORE responsibility and no less phone time? Huh?!

legsarerequired posted:

Good news! I have a job offer at a not-call-center! They're over-nighting an offer to me, and now I'm waiting for my drug test results/background check to go through. I've just been trying to leave for so long that I'm really paranoid something will fall through at the last minute. I almost can't believe this is happening.

I'm going to miss working at home, but I honestly can't do this anymore.
The WFH call centers always sounded better, but also horrid. If you had a separate home office (from your relaxing on the internet / studying / doing stuff you like home office) maybe it would be okay. I don't like feeling stress when I sit down on my computer, and I felt that way when I walked into my old daily hells.

Congrats on getting out!!

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 13, 2013

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

SiGmA_X posted:

That IS how I answered those surveys. My call centers knew I was a full time student and my tenure was short lived. Its always fun keeping your managers on edge about when you're not going to come back, especially if the center isn't hitting your service commitment goal (wasn't that what its called? Where you have X calls answered in Y seconds.)

Also, if you dress like you DGAF (PJ's! Works like a charm) and then wear really expensive suits, your managers may/may not pull you aside and talk about how you like the job and promotion possibilities. May was my case, and it was super funny.You think $0.50/hr is enough for me to want MORE responsibility and no less phone time? Huh?!
The WFH call centers always sounded better, but also horrid. If you had a separate home office (from your relaxing on the internet / studying / doing stuff you like home office) maybe it would be okay. I don't like feeling stress when I sit down on my computer, and I felt that way when I walked into my old daily hells.

Congrats on getting out!!

I worked from home for a time at a previous job and I enjoyed it greatly. Basically I was way way less stressed out and able to relax.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Yeah, I really enjoy working from home, but mostly because the work environment at my call center is so immensely atrocious. Also I can goof around and play on the internet and do my art projects and volunteer stuff at home between calls, but my scores have been down the tubes since I'm always screwing around with distractions, so.... It's really good timing that I'm getting this offer.

Also, my work computer is set up in my bedroom, because I have roommates and I just didn't have a spare room to make into an office. I think because call center work is so scheduled, it was pretty easy for me to ignore my little office corner when I was done with work. I *did* feel a bit more impetus to go out and volunteer since I couldn't stand the possibility of staying in my house for more than 12 hours at a time. Also, for what it's worth, my company provided their own laptop, monitor, landline, router, etc. So at least it's not like I'm working from my own personal computer, which would be horrid.

Really, for me, the worst part of my job was the hour-long commute each way and the depression I sensed at the office.

What should I bring up at my departing interview?

legsarerequired fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 13, 2013

vx15i
Feb 9, 2003
If you guys are interested in working from home the company I work for has 1000 new openings:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052395&pagenumber=36#post418395406

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Ready for the newest stupid rule passed down from our operations manager?

If we have a shift on the weekend we now have to sign a sheet acknowledging that we know we're supposed to work on the weekend.

Oh happy day. This is just hilariously sad.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

vx15i posted:

If you guys are interested in working from home the company I work for has 1000 new openings:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052395&pagenumber=36#post418395406

I sent you a PM with some questions, I may be interested in the advanced support bit.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

cuntvalet posted:

Ready for the newest stupid rule passed down from our operations manager?

If we have a shift on the weekend we now have to sign a sheet acknowledging that we know we're supposed to work on the weekend.

Oh happy day. This is just hilariously sad.

Seriously, your ops manager is a prick.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Seriously, your ops manager is a prick.

Agreed. I'm starting to almost look forward to his bi weekly rule changes because they're hilarious. He made it a rule we couldn't have cell phones on the floor or else we would be severely disciplined.

2 weeks later everybody has gone back to using their phones on the floor as usual.

He said no eating at our desks. That lasted one week.

He said we had to track Everytime we were in after call work aux for longer than 60 seconds. That lasted a day.

Hilarious.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
That is insanity. That is loving Lord Of The Flies.

Makes me appreciate my call center I guess. We haven't had even one minor shift in conduct/desk/dress rules since I started 3 years ago.

We've had shifts in our metrics and goals, but never anything that I actually had to give a poo poo about.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Well, I suppose putting a head on a stick would be efficient, direct employee feedback.

It just might be the dreaded 0 stars rating.

I wish you all the luck in getting out of there. Management and co-workers can really make or break a job and as burned out as I am, I do miss my awesome supervisor.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

cuntvalet posted:

Agreed. I'm starting to almost look forward to his bi weekly rule changes because they're hilarious. He made it a rule we couldn't have cell phones on the floor or else we would be severely disciplined.

2 weeks later everybody has gone back to using their phones on the floor as usual.

He said no eating at our desks. That lasted one week.

He said we had to track Everytime we were in after call work aux for longer than 60 seconds. That lasted a day.

Hilarious.
We still have that poo poo. :negative: I hated it when dialing, and it drives me nuts having to enforce it as a Team Leader as well.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Today has been one of those days where all of the customers are inexplicably bitchy. I haven't done anything different than I usually do and had to get my supervisor to take 3 separate calls.

I've been yelled at, insulted and treated like garbage by customers. The final straw was a woman just looking for a fight, wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise, called me condescending, snippy and told me I was yelling (I wasn't I was trying to give her information as she kept trying to interrupt me), tried to infer my emotions "I'm sorry you hate your job but..." when I never said anything of the sort, and every time I said anything she would respond with "wowwww" or "whoaaaaa". She demanded to speak to my supervisor so I called him over and stormed off the call floor just sobbing for the first time since I started this job.

When I came back my supervisor basically said she was a psycho who wouldn't shut up or let him talk either but it's just got me even more downhearted.

I've applied to a poo poo load of jobs both what I studied for and part time retail recently, havent heard poo poo all back. I feel trapped. I feel helpless. And today certainly isn't helping.

I want to just scream and rage quit but that's not really gonna help anything. It feels like everything is just trying to bend me to see how far I bend before I break and I don't know how much longer I can put up with this.

At least my supervisor and the people sitting around me have been on my side. :unsmith:

I'm still paranoid somebody will listen to one of those calls and give me poo poo, though I was polite and did my best to help each customer but I know for a fact that that one bitch definitely heard it in my voice that I was starting to cry out of pure frustration and hatred.

I thought ranting this out would help, but it didn't. Not I've just started crying again and have a stress headache. Goodie.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The only thing I can suggest is that you need to acquire an air of detachment. You don't know the people on the other end of the phone, you will never meet them, their opinions about you are based on nothing more than how you perform the duties you've been assigned. So when they're mad, they're mad at the company, not at you.

And when you get a person like that who just runs over everything you say, the best thing I've found is let them speak, then leave them hanging. Eventually they'll (probably sarcastically) ask if you're still there, to which you can reply "yes, I just wanted to make absolutely sure you were finished, as it'd be rude of me to talk over you. I can answer the questions you've raised, are you ok for me to do that now, or is there anything else you'd like to ask first?"

Every time they run over you, stop, leave the silence, ask if its ok for you to respond, start again. Either they'll work it out and let you speak, or they'll get wound up to the point that they hang up, and if they complain then anyone listening to the call hears you being polite, letting the customer speak, attempting to get their buy in and to resolve their issue while they act like a petulant child.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
Man I've been at my job for several months now and I've never felt even half of what some of you guys feel working at your places. I could count the number of customers who have got under my skin on a single hand. Never been hosed with by management and even my coworkers are chill. Call centers don't have to be lovely I guess, but it seems like a majority of them are.

Side note: I don't think I get paid as much as a lot of you, but I don't make minimum wage either.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Volt is hiring for what looks like Apple contact center positions this weekend in Austin, TX Sales is paying 15/hr Tier 1 Tech Support is paying 14/hr

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Call centers don't have to be lovely I guess, but it seems like a majority of them are.

Who do you work for? The actual company or a 3rd party outsourced firm?

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

skipdogg posted:

Volt is hiring for what looks like Apple contact center positions this weekend in Austin, TX Sales is paying 15/hr Tier 1 Tech Support is paying 14/hr

I work at an outsourced one and my experience to his is similar. All the TLs are chill except for one and if I ever get assigned to her I'm quitting. It wasn't bad here until recently and now the whole project is in a lot of trouble so there is a lot of bullshit and pressure from the top now.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

skipdogg posted:

I work for the company itself, which is probably a huge part of it. The call center is like an extremely important part of the company too (this is actually weird to me because we don't do anything the customers couldn't do themselves online, but poo poo there's a lot of people who don't understand computers).

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

skipdogg posted:

Five dollars less an hour than I make.

I program Hardware and do embedded systems engineering with Linux. :suicide:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Dude if you get the hell out of Idaho you could be making almost 6 figures (or more) anywhere else. You would have a job in 48 hours in Austin. My company literally cannot find qualified candidates to do what you do. We throw dump trucks of money at people and they get countered to stay at their current job or find an even more ludicrous salary HR won't let us match.

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

vx15i posted:

I just applied for this, thanks for the tip! I took a look at that advanced tech support posting too and it just seemed a little out of my league.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I woulda been all over that work from home position but I get paid more than it's offering already and my commute is only 9 miles to work each way.

I passed it along to a couple if my friends though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I've finally been broken as a human being. Through all the good, I tried to keep a positive outlook, but for some reason, today finally broke me. They force us to sell (This is recent) then when selling services, someone found a "better deal" online. We aren't allowed to match this deal to complete the sale we just spent 30 minutes making.

That combined with the fact we're still "requested" (read almost forced) to take 1/2 lunches to "help our customers" when we don't even have a loving queue. it's the whole :supaburn: poo poo where we're so far behind and busy and.. We're not. The director promised if we had less than 150 people in our tier 1 queue we wouldn't be in overflow. There's no queue and we're still in it.

Somehow the sale was the straw that finally broke me.

Doing the WAH thing and might have another job opportunity coming as well.