Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Cyborg Superman may have his own intro/outro, he's the training dummy for Zatanna on the stream and has a unique name like the Yellow Lantern skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's obviously early to be saying this, but just seeing what all Zatanna has going for her, I think she'll be pretty drat good.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's obviously early to be saying this, but just seeing what all Zatanna has going for her, I think she'll be pretty drat good.

That ability to just hover and divekick or teleport and divekick and crossup seems just mean. I love it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Commissar Ken posted:

That ability to just hover and divekick or teleport and divekick and crossup seems just mean. I love it.

I like her Dhalsim fireball that she can throw out and follow or throw out and use to cover a teleport mixup. That should definitely help her pressure the opponent's wakeup especially. I also liked that she has a meterless way to force the opponent to re-stand with one of her strings, so you can opt for that and go for a mixup in a situation where they don't get the wakeup invincibility on their specials.

I wish they'd shown off her trait more though. At least from what I saw, they just sorta glossed over it and only really showed its low ground fireball thing on the stream.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ryaomon posted:

Compatibility costume for Zatanna was just announced, it's our good pal Hank.

This is rad as hell, holy poo poo.

Has there been any further rumors of Swamp Thing being added? I've been dying for him as dlc since day one.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
In the stream they showed a trick with Cyborg:
After grapple when you drop down you can do a j.2 and then follow it with back 3 and it will connect (it doesn't otherwise). I think he is the only character that can do a back 3 after an air attack.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Just got Zatanna and Cyborg Superman on Xbox. Haven't messed with Zatanna too much, but Cyborg Superman has a robot voice and does the "Kneel before me!" ending animation :)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You know, I just caught on that Zatanna well could be that SZ on the leaked list. Sorceress Zatanna :v:

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Arturo is streaming training mode with Zatanna: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Zatanna is awesome! 37% with only one meter. Hello, new main. :D

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Zatanna's just an all-around fun character, tons of mixup options. My only regret is that I wish Smoke & Mirrors didn't take so long to activate, or else I'd pretty much always have it on, like a total douchebag.

Speaking of Zatanna, I played through Battle mode to see her ending, and when the narrator was saying something like "but then the new regime began calling for executing the supervillains", I was kind of expecting her to mind-wipe them and was pleasantly surprised when they went in a different direction. I'm glad Zatanna isn't to memory erasure as Dr. Light is to sexual assault, to use an Identity Crisis analogy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Edit: Here's a revised list of Zatanna midscreen combos based on new info and better optimization.

~~~ Zatanna Midscreen Combos ~~~
Note: End with either f21 XX db1 for ok advantage and forced standing or end with 11d3 in combos where that works for hard knockdown and a ton of time to do whatever after (bf3~MB, j2 float j2 basically).

- d1 starter (7f mid):
d1 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (30%, 1 meter)
d1 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2, nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (37%, 2 meters)

- 112 starter (5f high):
112 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (34%, 1 meter)
112 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2, nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (40%, 2 meters)
112 XX bf3~MB, nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash j3, 112 XX bf2 (43%, 2 meters)

- 11u3 starter:
11u3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash b3, j3, f21 XX db1 (33%, 1 meter)
11u3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash f21 XX db1 (39%, 2 meters)

- b1u3 starter (20f low, first hit -6 on block):
b1u3, j2, f21 XX db1 (20%, meterless)
b1u3, j2, 112 XX bf3~MB, b3, j2, f21 XX db1 (34%, 1 meter)
b1u3, j2, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash f21 XX db1 (40%, 2 meters)

- 22 starter (9f mid):
22 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (33%, 1 meter)
22 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (39%, 2 meters)
223 XX bf3~MB, dash b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (31%, 1 meter)
223 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, f21 XX db1 (39%, 2 meters)

- b21 starter (23f overhead into low, 2nd hit -11 on block):
b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (36%, 1 meter)
b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (43%, 2 meters)
b21 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash j3, 112 XX bf2 (46%, 2 meters)

- b23 starter:
b23, j2, f21 XX db1 (22%, meterless)
b23, j2, 223 XX bf3 (25%, meterless)
b23, j2, 112 XX bf3~MB, b3, j2, f21 XX db1 (36%, 1 meter)
b23, j2, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, dash f21 XX db1 (42%, 2 meters)

- f21 starter (13f mid, first hit unsafe):
awful damage, don't use as starter, only in combos

- b3 starter:
b3, j2, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (43%, 1 meter)
b3, j2, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, f21 XX db1 (47%, 2 meters)
b3, j2, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, j3 XX db3 (48%, 2 meters)
Note: Does not work at max b3 range. In that case, remove the j2 and instead dash into j3.

- f3 starter:
f3, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX db1 (41%, 1 meter)
f3, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, walk 112 XX bf2 (46%, 2 meters)
f3, j3, 112 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, j3 XX db3 (47%, 2 meters)

- j3 starter:
j3, 22 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 b3, j3, f21 XX bf1 (39%, 1 meter)
j3, 22 XX bf3~MB, dash x2 nj2 XX uu3~[d], falling j2, b21 XX bf1~MB, b3, j2, f21 XX db1 (47%, 2 meters)
Note: connecting 22 after j3 on a crouching opponent sucks.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 16, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm in love with the Cyborg Superman skin. Kneel before me, beep boop! :psylon:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Zatanna is a lot of fun, but I already have a high execution setups character - Zod. Still, I like that they're going different directions and trying different things. I am really hoping for Swamp Thing...

...OR KING SHARK. Or pretty much anyone but Red Hood, honestly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Zatanna is a lot of fun, but I already have a high execution setups character - Zod. Still, I like that they're going different directions and trying different things. I am really hoping for Swamp Thing...

...OR KING SHARK. Or pretty much anyone but Red Hood, honestly.

I hate to say it, but it seems we sane folk who think Red Hood would be a lovely addition are in the minority. Every new character reveal's comment section gets flooded by people who seem really desperate to have the world's most generic tryhard bad boy vigilante be a part of the game.

At least maybe the fucker'll come with a Robin skin for Nightwing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Oh BTW there's a Man of Steel Zod skin coming.

Edit2: I don't want Red Hood because I feel that Deathstroke has most of his gameplay ideas already implemented.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 14, 2013

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I'm assuming this second seasaon will be the last, so they are not going to waste character slots on anyone who isn't going to sell. That means the most popular voted characters are getting in (sup Red Hood)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
LMFAO! I just played some Zatanna in ranked where she stood at the character select screen for the entire timer after picking her stage to purposefully get Arkham Asylum with the pig, thinking I'd be some scrub and fall for stupid teleport poo poo. Well, I just sat at the interactable and waited for her to teleport and punished every single time, then she disconnected when she had 10% health left. loving hilarious.

quote:

At least maybe the fucker'll come with a Robin skin for Nightwing.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease. I play Nightwing enough as is, with a Robin skin I'd probably only play Nightwing.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
That Zod skin is pretty cool. Wonder if the voice will be different as well.

I want Plastic Man in the game, but I know that the chances of that happening are next to nothing now that MM is out and has his stretchy trait. :saddowns:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Lurdiak posted:

I hate to say it, but it seems we sane folk who think Red Hood would be a lovely addition are in the minority. Every new character reveal's comment section gets flooded by people who seem really desperate to have the world's most generic tryhard bad boy vigilante be a part of the game.

Ugh, I almost wouldn't even mind him so much, but the only way I can imagine him playing is like some Deathstroke/Batman monstrosity that I'm gonna have to suffer through fighting a million times.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Yardbomb posted:

Ugh, I almost wouldn't even mind him so much, but the only way I can imagine him playing is like some Deathstroke/Batman monstrosity that I'm gonna have to suffer through fighting a million times.

Yeah seriously, the last thing this game needs is more casually impenetrable zoning characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
If anything I believe that he would play more like a mix between Batman and Nightwing, either way NRS would find a way to make him an interesting (and different) character just as they did with Zod. I don't understand why everyone is so negative with Jason.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't understand why everyone is so negative with Jason.

Because chances are he's gonna be a really annoying character that we're guaranteed to see nonstop once added.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't understand why everyone is so negative with Jason.

Because on top of him being the worst Robin and the worst character he's not gonna be too inspired as a character. They're already pretty much run through everything they can do with the Bat Family aside from guns and Deathstroke's got that area covered. Even if he ends up somewhat interesting it will be still for nothing because he's gonna bring nothing to the table the other characters don't already do.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Remember when this thread was saying Batgirl was gonna be terrible/boring?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

Remember when this thread was saying Batgirl was gonna be terrible/boring?

I would argue that she is boring. Not so much as a character, but she makes a lot of fights incredibly boring because all people wanna do is fish for ziplines. Then even when they're not the threat is always there anyway.

Also enough bat characters please.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Slick! I hope they reskinned his blasters with MoS-looking ones, they were pulp scifi as hell.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Because on top of him being the worst Robin and the worst character he's not gonna be too inspired as a character. They're already pretty much run through everything they can do with the Bat Family aside from guns and Deathstroke's got that area covered. Even if he ends up somewhat interesting it will be still for nothing because he's gonna bring nothing to the table the other characters don't already do.

While the guns are certainly part of his character, nowadays his signature weapon are a pair of 'magic' blades. I can see him being kind of Mileena with his trait being a power boost in exchange of health. I'm hoping for his addition but I'll say that we wait and see what happen before getting all bent out of shape. NRS could make Zod different enough from Superman, making Zatanna a believable fighter they surely can do their magic on Jason.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Make him like Lei Fei from Virtua Fighter, he's got a bunch of moves that link into stances and can only do certain moves from certain stances.

So he's got the weird Nightwing connection but isn't a boring amalgamation of Batman + ???.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Make him like Lei Fei from Virtua Fighter, he's got a bunch of moves that link into stances and can only do certain moves from certain stances.

So he's got the weird Nightwing connection but isn't a boring amalgamation of Batman + ???.

That would be really cool and since would demand certain degree of skill to use him we wouldn't see all the time online.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4874rt235sY

Even DLC characters are getting alts before Frost and Sinestro. :negative:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

AndyElusive posted:

Don't forget Green Arrow, the most underrated character who is actually pretty fun to play. Even if they put that cool looking Arrow skin based on the TV show up for sale, that would be enough to make me (and the few others who main him) happy for a little bit while the popular characters a new skin every other week. :smith:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Obeast posted:

Don't forget Green Arrow, the most underrated character who is actually pretty fun to play. Even if they put that cool looking Arrow skin based on the TV show up for sale, that would be enough to make me (and the few others who main him) happy for a little bit while the popular characters a new skin every other week. :smith:

I hear ya, but the the fact remains that he actually has an alt costume even if it's not publicly available on any marketplace.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Obeast posted:

I wish I knew how to use him just so I could use the Arrow skin and yell out through the mic at the beginning of every match "PIXIEDUST8746, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Hey, speaking of: I got an email a while back:

"Your exclusive Injustice DLC for PS3 is here!"

"Thank you again for opting in to our mailing list to recieve blah blah blah. Please use this code to redeem your free exclusive DLC skin."

Am I right to assume that this is the The Arrow skin? If it is, I can give it away. I got one during the character battle voting.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

^^^^^ Yup, that's for the Arrow DLC skin.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Apparently the frame data is wrong for Zatanna's bf1 Multi Kicks. Instead of being +16 on hit, they're more like +1. From what I have read, the best options for ending her combos for a reset opportunity would then be either f21 XX db1 for something like +9 and forced standing or just standing 2 if they're already standing from MB Puppet Master. I've read about people messing with ending combos in f21 XX any of the dd3 versions, but the startup on dd3 is so much that I don't see how they couldn't just escape anything you try with a backdash or even interrupt it with an attack if they wanted.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4874rt235sY

Everything I hoped it would be...mostly. Voice is still the same, but it still actually fits the skin IMO.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Krad posted:

I wish I knew how to use him just so I could use the Arrow skin and yell out through the mic at the beginning of every match "PIXIEDUST8746, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"
He's really fun to play IMO. I'm not as good at fighting games compared to a lot of you guys, but I can generally hold my own against a lot of people online with him. To me, he has a good balance between ranged and melee styles while not feeling insanely cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

JusticeBot posted:

Everything I hoped it would be...mostly. Voice is still the same, but it still actually fits the skin IMO.

Yeah I doubt Michael Shannon would do it.

Also who cares about having a Grayson Robin skin when you can have a Grayson Batman skin?

• Locked thread