Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He must've been implying that Vriska is of comparable size to the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mazerunner posted:

How did you all forget the biggest John/Roxy moment.

Even years later I can't watch this without giggling at least a bit. Its one of those moments that you literally cannot explain to someone who doesn't follow the comic, but it still works.

Blackheart posted:

He must've been implying that Vriska is of comparable size to the sun.

On that note, there were a shitload of accurate homestuck cosplays at otakon this year.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Thundarr posted:

There's no need for analysis. It is guaranteed that they'll be getting together because it'd mean that John is hooking up with Dave's mom.

Now I want this to happen just so we can see Dave's reaction.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Dave's always been doing time shenanigans, how else would he have gotten the plot details for SBAHJ?

It's actually an autobiography. :sbahj:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Mazerunner posted:

How did you all forget the biggest John/Roxy moment.
I will never get over Nick Smalley on Guitar Ladies and Gentlemen™. It is one of Homestuck's best moments.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Suaimhneas posted:

It will either be the most amazing meltdown in the history of paradox space, or he'll say "ok cool" and it will never be brought up again. There is no middle ground.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suaimhneas posted:

Dave's reaction will be good, but Rose's analysis of Dave's reaction will be greater.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

At the very least, seeing John and Roxy chat might be interesting just for them to discuss that time a sleeping Roxy kicked John in the head. That was a bit of an odd scene and might make for good log-fodder.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Roger Explosion posted:

I will never get over Nick Smalley on Guitar Ladies and Gentlemen™. It is one of Homestuck's best moments.

Ruin a friend's showing of Con Air by doing Nick's guitar parts while "Sweet Home Alabama" plays.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thundarr posted:

It will either be the most amazing meltdown in the history of paradox space, or he'll say "ok cool" and it will never be brought up again. There is no middle ground.

I can't picture Dave in his current mental state not going into meltdown.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

John and Karkat already had their meltdown sequences, Dave's just has to surpass them all.

He'll probably learn that his bro isn't as cool as he thought AND John is dating his mom at the same time. It will be too much for his poor heart.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blackheart posted:

John and Karkat already had their meltdown sequences, Dave's just has to surpass them all.

He'll probably learn that his bro isn't as cool as he thought AND John is dating his mom at the same time. It will be too much for his poor heart.

Oh my god I forgot all about Karkat's meltdown. Yes. Yes we have to go even further beyond.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Captain Oblivious posted:

Oh my god I forgot all about Karkat's meltdown. Yes. Yes we have to go even further beyond.

Which meltdown? Karkat has had so many. :v:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Filthy Haiku posted:

Which meltdown? Karkat has had so many. :v:

The one that got animated of course :goonsay:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Oh god those loving eyebrows :lol:

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Man, reading this comic serially sure feels odd sometimes. I clicked on that link and a few pages later, it's a shot of Jack and whatever we are calling the post-lady who ascended beyond a post-lady. Jack and his antics were a primary driver of the plot for like 5 acts, yet how long has it been, in real time, since we saw much of him? That fight he had with dream-John where John showed off his windy teleport for the first time? I mean, this is a guy who was the Big Villain for probably years of real time, and we have barely seen him at all. I just think it's odd that it seems like Jack has faded to insignificance as being just one version of himself who will happen to be in the area of everyone else at the climax. He'll probably do something important, yeah, but it's like he went from being Sauron to being Gollum. Sure, English was always the real issue, and sure, Jack is a comedic figure pretty often, but it seems like he doesn't have the importance I feel he should have as basically the biggest element in the B1 plot for a long time. The meteor crew even stopped talking about him after a while, even though him chasing them was a big reason they had to kick off the meteor in the first place.
I'm also curious about the dancestors, or whoever they are- the guys in the dreambubbles on the meteor's trip. I feel like we got a taste of them and their issues, but now it's been a very long time since we've seen them mentioned at all. They couldn't have just been there to act as a way for John to get his new powers, because that would be silly, and Hussie doesn't really seem to like dropping plot threads. He might let them sit for a while (Jaspers) or resolve off-screen (Jade-Davesprite) but I don't think he usually just drops them.
One more thing- do we know what was the deal with that whole thing where English invaded AH's castle and killed him and all that?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jack IS relevant, though. He stole LE's gun not long ago.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Jack IS relevant, though. He stole LE's gun not long ago.

Different Jack. There are three of them floating around - First Guardian Jack (who Wampa was talking about), Cyborg Mobster Jack (stole LE's gun and also his minions) and Caliborn's Puppet Jack (from the present session). They should probably arrive around the same time Dirk does.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
First Guardian Jack is B1, Cyborg is A2, and Puppet Crazy-Eyes is B2, I think.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tenebrais posted:

Different Jack. There are three of them floating around - First Guardian Jack (who Wampa was talking about), Cyborg Mobster Jack (stole LE's gun and also his minions) and Caliborn's Puppet Jack (from the present session). They should probably arrive around the same time Dirk does.

Oh, that's right. B1 Jack is going to end up being one of Caliborn's parents.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

That's right. There's one more Jack that we've seen, the one from the cherub session; last we heard (unless I've forgotten something) Caliborn was planning to "dispose of him" at some point, though. He wasn't around the next time we saw Caliborn, which is also the last time we saw Caliborn as of now, so I guess the simplest assumption is that he's been disposed of.

There should also have been a Jack in the A1 session, but who knows. I think we've got enough of them incoming right now.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I'm also curious about the dancestors, or whoever they are- the guys in the dreambubbles on the meteor's trip. I feel like we got a taste of them and their issues, but now it's been a very long time since we've seen them mentioned at all. They couldn't have just been there to act as a way for John to get his new powers, because that would be silly, and Hussie doesn't really seem to like dropping plot threads. He might let them sit for a while (Jaspers) or resolve off-screen (Jade-Davesprite) but I don't think he usually just drops them.

The only dancestors that have been and are likely to continue being important are Meenah, Aranea, and possibly Kurloz. The rest of them are just there to fill out the cast, give some more context to what the Scratch is all about, and make fun of Tumblr. I'm not going to guarantee anything because of just what we're reading but I feel fairly confident that Meulin and Horuss aren't gonna be major players at any point in A6A6.

Also, Cronus is the worst character in Homestuck, and the less we see of him the better.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

There should also have been a Jack in the A1 session, but who knows. I think we've got enough of them incoming right now.
Nothing from A1 is actually relevant aside from Meenah and Aranea, with the occasional Kurloz doing things in the background. But I do wish we got to see their First Guardian, since they probably had a different one from Doc Scratch if B1 and B2 had Bec and then GCAT.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

WhiffleballDude posted:

Also, Cronus is the worst character in Homestuck, and the less we see of him the better.
When even Eridan thinks you're a poo poo, it's time to reassess your life choices.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Maybe they didn't have one. First Guardians appear to be made by ectobiological shennanigans, and there didn't seem to be any of that going on since Karkat had to make them all in his session. I suspect Roxy and/or )(IC will largely be responsible for GCAT since Jake provided the code.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think we saw, in the glitched flash, the mind-controlled Jane making GCAT.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

lotus circle posted:

Nothing from A1 is actually relevant aside from Meenah and Aranea, with the occasional Kurloz doing things in the background. But I do wish we got to see their First Guardian, since they probably had a different one from Doc Scratch if B1 and B2 had Bec and then GCAT.

There's still the loose end regarding Mituna and what made him burn out his mind powers, but really that's probably going to be part of Lord English's story more than anything else.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Just remembered that one of the Jacks has the Crowbar.

What happens if John gets hit with it?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

thanks alot assbag posted:

Just remembered that one of the Jacks has the Crowbar.

What happens if John gets hit with it?

Severe internal bleeding :gibs:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Yep; A2 is Spades Slick, B1 is commonly called "Bec Noir" and B2 is apparently affectionately known as "Jack English".

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

frozentreasure posted:

...and B2 is apparently affectionately known as "Jack English".

I've always been partial to "Union Jack" :britain:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Personally I never liked that name. He's just the one I refer to as simply "Jack."

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

WhiffleballDude posted:

Personally I never liked that name. He's just the one I refer to as simply "Jack."
Yeah, "Bec Noir" is kind of clunky unless the reader gets the sort-of-esoteric "Bete Noir" pun. It's like a matryoshka doll of wordplay.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I still wonder-why DID the Troll Queen marry Mark Twain?

Twice, even. Has this ever been addressed?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Burkion posted:

What, you wouldn't?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reviewing that segment, I think she did so in order to be present when the meteors landed and thereby have access to the players. The second one, carrying Jake in B1 and presumably Jade in B2, landed in Sassacre's backyard.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Burkion posted:

I think Sam Clemens would approve of the idea of marrying a genocidal alien empress from another universe.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Burkion posted:

They bonded over a mutual love of puns.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
The question is, why did Sassacre marry Her Imperious Condescension? "yo suckafish im an immortal alien sea witch n other things what rhyme with 'witch'. i want into the back lawnring a ya house. marry me right glubbing now y/n"
"Yes, that seems like a legitimate proposal."

Maybe he just had a thing for ladies whose hair weighs more than the rest of their body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I assumed it was a play on the stereotype of Manly Serial Literature heroes(of which even Grandpa was considered a kind of) always managing to seduce some kind of villainess over to their side, and or doing the Kirk thing.