Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

DoLittle posted:

I think there's a theme developing here... My family should probably start to get worried...

Why can I only afford to have one... I hate this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Mordred posted:

Why can I only afford to have one... I hate this country.

Well, they are cheap to buy. To fix and maintain one however, maybe not. To be honest they are not that bad if they've been maintained. Admittedly in the 80's and 90's cars the electrics are just bad. The wiring harness is almost comically haphazard. The 156 and onwards is just fine. They do have a bit bit of a rust problem up here in the north and the multilink suspension has a lot of joints that need replacing, but it is not any worse than say a E39 BMW.

The GTV just passed roadworthiness inspection in flying colors (they are pretty thorough around here). However the speedo stopped working. The exhaust is in pretty bad shape and the driver's side halfshaft oil seal leaks a little bit. And the gear linkage is a bit iffy. :)

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 5, 2013

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
New exhaust looks pretty good. I have a blank hole on the left side now since I installed a single exit exhaust but meh.

Not in love with either of these photo angles.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Should I be surprised that I took this picture outside of the hospitals acute mental health ward?

Both the r32 and r33 had damages from attempted break ins so I didn't stay long.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Hey baby, welcome to my Stabbin' Cabin.

1976 Chevy G20 Van
2WD 5.7L V8 TH350
4 spinning captains chairs, stock hexagon table with cup holders, stock green shag carpet (needs replaced), wood panel interior. Minimal rust. Transmission takes some coercing to shift to third (going to have to replace it). Will post a project thread in a few months after I've moved and gathered the tools needed to fix the body issues (tail light smashed and shittily welded/bondo'd years ago, now cracking). Will be adding a visor, matching mirrors, dual side exhaust and cragars along with sanding and patching the few body issues and repainting it with the stock color scheme and similar design - only with green metal flake paint.

Paid $850, drove it home. Came with that boltless canoe rack (now removed, might trade it) and a set of snow tires free. Also a half-finished wooden bed frame/shelf thing that I'll probably toss out.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 13, 2013

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
My Coworker has excellent taste in paint colors. I bought that WRX a few months ago, then he shows up today with a new MX5.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Nerolus posted:

Hey baby, welcome to my Stabbin' Cabin.

1976 Chevy G20 Van
2WD 5.7L V8 TH350
4 spinning captains chairs, stock hexagon table with cup holders, stock green shag carpet (needs replaced), wood panel interior. Minimal rust. Transmission takes some coercing to shift to third (going to have to replace it). Will post a project thread in a few months after I've moved and gathered the tools needed to fix the body issues (tail light smashed and shittily welded/bondo'd years ago, now cracking). Will be adding a visor, matching mirrors, dual side exhaust and cragars along with sanding and patching the few body issues and repainting it with the stock color scheme and similar design - only with green metal flake paint.

Paid $850, drove it home. Came with that boltless canoe rack (now removed, might trade it) and a set of snow tires free. Also a half-finished wooden bed frame/shelf thing that I'll probably toss out.

FANTASTIC! When you say green flake paint are you referring to something like this?

If so, that is awesome.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

angryhampster posted:

FANTASTIC! When you say green flake paint are you referring to something like this?

If so, that is awesome.

Thanks, that's exactly the stuff. I can only hope it looks that good in the end.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shiney.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Always wondered, do you suckers in Qld have to have no tint on your front windows? I've seen quite a few cars like that, and even some in SA with no tint on the drivers or passenger's window.

Anyway, looking nice man, not a massive fan of the four door 33, but each to their own!

What rims are on the GTR? They look like XD9s with negative offset..?

E: Maybe CST Hyper Zeroes?

fingerling fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 14, 2013

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Paul Boz_ posted:

New exhaust looks pretty good. I have a blank hole on the left side now since I installed a single exit exhaust but meh.

Seems like it hangs so low, and the lack of symmetry is a shame. I miss the old exhaust. Does this one perform better or sound better? All I know about titanium blue tipped exhausts are that in Gran Turismo 5 they make every car sound like little bees.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Really liked this shot someone got at the last autoX.

School of How
Jul 6, 2013

quite frankly I don't believe this talk about the market

My daily driver, 1973 Mercedes 450SL

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

davebo posted:

Seems like it hangs so low, and the lack of symmetry is a shame. I miss the old exhaust. Does this one perform better or sound better? All I know about titanium blue tipped exhausts are that in Gran Turismo 5 they make every car sound like little bees.

I've got a replacement rear-most hanger on order. The OEM exhaust is something like 55 pounds and the new one is 17. The OEM exhaust wore out the rear-most hangers a bit due to weight. I also ordered a block plate for the left exhaust exit. Who cares about symmetry? It's a four cylinder and makes more sense to be a single exit. It both performs better and gives me the flexibility for when I turbo it (soon). I ordered a set of 1000cc injectors, a flash pro, and an oil cooler earlier this week. Science of Speed launched their turbo kit last week so I'm going to let it bake in some other customers' kitchens before I pull the trigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXNUVf5p5yI

I think the drone is a bit much but the header and test pipe will really get rid of that. Otherwise I think it sounds amazing. The stock exhaust was 1.75" or 2" piping split to two resonators and two mufflers. It was just really inefficient and had to be upgraded for forced induction. I thought about the dual version of the exhaust I have now but it's purely aesthetic and that's silly.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Crustashio posted:

Really liked this shot someone got at the last autoX.

Ugh, that's an awesome shot. Great driving.

Here's mine:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
From ('06 Daytona 675 w/ '09 motor swap)

To ('00 Jetta TDI)

Lost 30whp, gained 2500lb, kept the same gas mileage. :suicide:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 15, 2013

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

fingerling posted:

Always wondered, do you suckers in Qld have to have no tint on your front windows? I've seen quite a few cars like that, and even some in SA with no tint on the drivers or passenger's window.

Anyway, looking nice man, not a massive fan of the four door 33, but each to their own!

I've never had tint applied to a car I own, but the one that the previous owner did on my 200sx is dark as gently caress. Like have to roll down the window at night to see dark.

It's amazing at keeping the car cool in the QLD hot summers, but it's just amazingly retarded to see at night, good luck if its raining too.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

DAT NIGGA HOW posted:

My daily driver, 1973 Mercedes 450SL

Beautiful. What kind of gas mileage do you see?

School of How
Jul 6, 2013

quite frankly I don't believe this talk about the market

Trans Ferdinand posted:

Beautiful. What kind of gas mileage do you see?

LOL, about 14 MPG. As a result, I use my bike to get around town mostly.

Dinosorcerer
Sep 2, 2011

fingerling posted:

In case you're still wondering; I'd put my money on Rota Grids. The spokes are too thick for CSTs.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Nerolus posted:

Thanks, that's exactly the stuff. I can only hope it looks that good in the end.

Get the heavier fleck that goes on bass boats for that extra kick of :black101:. Great van!

LessThanThree
May 2, 2005

'till infinity
New to me 370z (young weezee)

2009 touring, auto (yes I know), one previous owner who put a total of 9200km on it. Very good shape, no mods. Love her.
Not pictured: 1999 tercel that has been kicked out of the garage.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Picked this up yesterday from Liverpool and drove it back to the Scottish borders at night in driving rain.

1990 Porsche 944 S2, 125,000 on the clock, clutch done at 121k miles, all belts and idlers done last month, sills repaired, good service history.

I am happy.

simreal
Jun 21, 2003
1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

I've had this gem for about a year now. Put about 6K on it so far.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Puddin posted:

I've never had tint applied to a car I own, but the one that the previous owner did on my 200sx is dark as gently caress. Like have to roll down the window at night to see dark.

It's amazing at keeping the car cool in the QLD hot summers, but it's just amazingly retarded to see at night, good luck if its raining too.

Yeah, I made the mistake of putting 5% limo tint all around on my '79 RX-7. Great in the Texas summer sun, absolute poo poo to see out at night. Going for 35% ceramic tint on the Jeep. Just as much if not more heat and UV rejection, but you can actually see out at night.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Dinosorcerer posted:

In case you're still wondering; I'd put my money on Rota Grids. The spokes are too thick for CSTs.

Agreed, most likely Drift Grids with that concave face.

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.

LessThanThree posted:

New to me 370z (young weezee)
2009 touring, auto (yes I know), one previous owner who put a total of 9200km on it. Very good shape, no mods. Love her.
Not pictured: 1999 tercel that has been kicked out of the garage.

Hi 370z buddy!

I also have an auto -- and while I do regret not getting the stick (ugh), the 7 speed is actually really nice.

Make sure you have the steering lock recall done!

Outside of that, these cars don't really have any problems. Some people report issues with engines that burn oil, but that seems to be a 1:100,000 problem -- but keep an eye on your oil just in case!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

My Jeep at my friends family vineyard. Its too clean.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Nice! I remember you've been talking about picking one of these up for years, good find!

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Paul Boz_ posted:

Not in love with either of these photo angles.

Is this the $40 muffler off EBAY with the blue flamed tip? Is this the before pic? What am I missing here?

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Picked up a "new" commuter car from a friend of a friend last night.

2000 Accord EX Coupe, 170k miles. It has the 2.3L v4 F23A4 I4 w/manual transmission. Runs strong, good alignment, seems to be pretty well taken care of.

It has a few minor issues. Ordered a new passenger window regulator, need to de-fog the headlights and replace a door courtesy light cover. It was involved in a minor accident to the left side last winter so he had it painted this dark blue color. Hopefully it will look a bit better after some love from a clay bar.

edit: I'm an idiot.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 18, 2013

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Budget Monty posted:

Is this the $40 muffler off EBAY with the blue flamed tip? Is this the before pic? What am I missing here?

It's a $600 exhaust, gently caress off. You're not missing anything, you're just a troll.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Paul Boz_ posted:

It's a $600 exhaust, gently caress off. You're not missing anything, you're just a troll.
Its too big for your car and the blue tip looks ricey. :colbert:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Paul Boz_ posted:

It's a $600 exhaust, gently caress off.

I think it's neat but please mods rename the thread to this!!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
My classes this semester are kind of a commute so I wanted to consume less fuel and put less miles on the other car so I got this:

I just put the steelies on. I bought it with 17" RIMZ but one got dented (Hampton Roads goons know about these roads). I used it as an excuse to get rid of the god awful rims. Now it rides so much better, the speedo is accurate, MPG is better and it handles better too.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I have an extra antennae for a Focus if you ever end up having yours snap off randomly (like ours did, then I wrecked the car on winter tires weeks later :sweatdrop:).

Other things to know;
- Ford Racing SVT rear disc kit is $399 and can be cheaper than doing two rear drums, bearings, seals, shoes & springs if it comes down to it.
- Ford Racing offers a $199 SVT suspension kit that will re-fresh everything that is worn out (and rear springs possibly broken)

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Sockington posted:

I have an extra antennae for a Focus if you ever end up having yours snap off randomly (like ours did, then I wrecked the car on winter tires weeks later :sweatdrop:).

Other things to know;
- Ford Racing SVT rear disc kit is $399 and can be cheaper than doing two rear drums, bearings, seals, shoes & springs if it comes down to it.
- Ford Racing offers a $199 SVT suspension kit that will re-fresh everything that is worn out (and rear springs possibly broken)

That's great advice actually. The right rear is having some issues. May be a strut.

The one thing I'm having trouble finding is a roof rack for the drat thing. All the ones that were made for the ZX3 Focus all seem to be second hand a getting a premium.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Sockington posted:

What years is this good for?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I think it's neat but please mods rename the thread to this!!

I agree with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Pivit posted:

It has the 2.3L v4 w/manual transmission.

V4 huh? You probably meant I-4 we can assume that.