Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

fps_bill posted:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/3986860536.html

CAR IS INSPECTED THROUGH JULY 2014!

Call or text Joe @ 717-805-one.2.one9

Car has the following installed:
-2001 Nissan Maxima 3.0L v6 (VQ30DEK) rated at 222hp
-2004 Nissan 350z 6 speed manual Transmission (CD003)
-Mazda RX7 LSD
-Tokico Illumina shocks all around
-OPTIMA Yellow Top D51 series, brand new June 2013
-18" ASA 5 spoke rims

For sale is my red 1991 Mazda RX7. A previous owner was responsible for the drivetrain swap in this car and he documented his work online: http://www.v6rx7.blogspot.com This car is fast and will do 140MPH if you have enough road. The VQ30DE-K is rated at 222hp stock and the car weighs in around 2800lbs, checked weight at a feed weigh station. I had plans to turbo the Nissan 3.0 liter v6 for upwards of 450hp. I have several other car and motorcycle projects and no money to work with, so I need to sell.

PROBLEMS:
-50% of the time, the car will want to stall when coming to a complete stop. This can be avoided by tapping the throttle pedal while stopping. Problem should be solved with a new MAF sensor.
-driver's power window switch is partially disassembled, but still works fine
-speedometer is not connected, so currently no odometer recording and no speed indication. Mileage on title says EXEMPT and odometer from Nissan reads 65,000 miles
-passenger door has a dent from previous owner, still opens and closes fine. Passenger power window has some trouble coming up, but it does work.
-car has no speakers installed currently, also the CD player is a Pioneer unit but is not wired in at the moment.

ATTENTION!!! I have been driving this car long enough to say it is a solid vehicle. Also, this swap was completed almost 5 years ago so the car is not about to break down.

http://www.v6rx7.blogspot.com/

And not a single loving picture of the one thing that makes it unique: the engine. Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

And not a single loving picture of the one thing that makes it unique: the engine. Brilliant.

Click the posts from earlier years. Upper right hand side. There's a few videos of it too.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/3955481536.html

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Def no dope in this truck:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Everyone posted:

:stare::fh:

Guys, you do realize you're basically jerking off to an old version of this:

That said, it does make me feel funny down there too.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I've been shopping pop-up campers for a long while now and stumbled across this: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/rvs/3997619450.html

No clue if it's gold or not, but I like the 5.9 Cummins and Allison auto combo a lot. Seems like it's not likely to lose much value anymore either. Can anyone school me on Class-A motorhomes at all?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Motorhomes,

Old ones delaminate, leak, and the plumbing usually needs replacing. All the special little systems usually stop working. Gulf Stream though is an excellent brand.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I bring you a tale not of Craigslist gold, but of Craigslist bullshit.

I want a cheap beater, so I went to look at this car. It looks ... halfway okay, from the pictures. After talking to the guy, he said it had a 5 speed, and a lot of work done (water pump, starter, etc) that he didn't list in the ad. And it had to be sold today, so I thought I could probably get it for about $1000 or so.

Look very closely at the area around the rear part of the black trim, does it look a little funny to you? It sure looks funny to me, especially after seeing it rusted all the way through when I got there :argh: It's a common rust area for 4th gen Accords.

Other stuff wrong:
- Windshield is cracked all to hell, worse than I have ever seen (can you tell that from the pictures?) and "repaired" with epoxy.
- I heard him drive it up, and it sounded like rear end, probably an exhaust leak.
- Then he said it was out of gas, and it wouldn't start :iiam:
- The interior was so incredibly filthy and stained. I don't know if it could be rescued.
- All the usual 4th gen Accord small problems: trim and rubber messed up around windows, front lip ripped off the bumper, etc.

I sort of poked around at the car for about 3 minutes, then said "I think I'll pass :3:" and drove home. I don't think it would be a good buy at $400 much less $1000.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Any running car is worth $1000, sorry. IF it was genuinely out of gas and not actually non-running, someone is gonna pay $1k for it.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 24, 2019

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I am having a hard time NOT justifying this.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/4002406736.html

It's so goddamn tempting. It's probably a $40 fuel pump and a couple hours work. I hate being married and cost-conscious.

e: I'm sorry about your tables.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

angryhampster posted:

It's so goddamn tempting. It's probably a $40 fuel pump and a couple hours work. I hate being married and cost-conscious.

It's cheap. Your wife will love it.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

angryhampster posted:

Do it. I'll help you work on it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Leperflesh posted:

Any running car is worth $1000, sorry. IF it was genuinely out of gas and not actually non-running, someone is gonna pay $1k for it.

AC works, just needs recharge.

Engine works, just needs gas.

Brakes work, just need fluid.

For sale: Horse. Looks dead, but he just needs some food.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VideoTapir posted:

AC works, just needs recharge.

Engine works, just needs gas.

Brakes work, just need fluid.

For sale: Horse. Looks dead, but he just needs some food.
'tis true. Everything is an easy fix on Craigs.

"Engine has slight knock, told it's an easy fix"

Easy fix: New short block

That said, the Volvo is worth $800.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

angryhampster posted:

Buy it :getin:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Just bored at work this evening, my co-worker was browsing new cars and was wondering how much he could get for his `95 Stealth, checked Kijiji and found this...

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Dodge-Stealth-R-T-Turbo-Coupe-McAwesome-Lady-Snatcher-W0QQAdIdZ509260433

quote:

LISTEN UP FELLOWS!!!! The cat magnet is definitely installed on this beast.

Tired of cruising the strip of Sylvan Lake 7 times in a row listening to 90's rap cranked up and only get 3 glances from the ladies? Worry no more, 100% money back guarantee that if you take this high performance 90's classic out on a cruise you will get a MINIMUM OF 10 LOOKS FROM GIRLS!!!!!

Don't you hate it when your on a Thursday night cruise night racing your suped up Honda with sweet exhaust and ridiculous paint job and some super douche comes along and smokes you off the line? DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THAT DOUCHES SECRET? IT'S CALLED TWIN TURBOS!!! And guess what??? This beaut has them! I'm not a scientist but I'm pretty sure that it's proven that if you have turbo you don't only win at races, you win at life.

Impress the girls with your sweet shifting skills on not 5 speeds (that's for 5th graders) we are talking about 6 GEARS!!! I have had this girl up to 785km/hr in 6th gear and there was still plenty to go, I just ran out earth to open her up on.

Lent the missile to your date to go to the 7/11 to buy you a Slurpee and UT-OH BIG SURPRISE!!! She hit the curb with your sweet BLACK RIMS! Not a problem...... just throw on your extra set of CHROME RIMS and pretend that it's not a big deal to have 2 sets of rims (IT IS). Then show off by roasting off a set of tires because you have 2 WINTER SETS and 1 SUMMER SET TO SPARE!!!!!! Not even Cheech and Chong could compare to that smoke show!

SUMMARY:
I have to pass this legacy on, I have had her since new and it pretty much hooked me up with my wife. Now I feel it is my duty to pass along the legend to some lucky guy (or girl) who thinks they are worthy of the power that comes along with the all mighty 1995 Dodge Stealth. Any questions or concerns call me.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I bring you a tale not of Craigslist gold, but of Craigslist bullshit.

I want a cheap beater, so I went to look at this car. It looks ... halfway okay, from the pictures. After talking to the guy, he said it had a 5 speed, and a lot of work done (water pump, starter, etc) that he didn't list in the ad. And it had to be sold today, so I thought I could probably get it for about $1000 or so.

Look very closely at the area around the rear part of the black trim, does it look a little funny to you? It sure looks funny to me, especially after seeing it rusted all the way through when I got there :argh: It's a common rust area for 4th gen Accords.

Other stuff wrong:
- Windshield is cracked all to hell, worse than I have ever seen (can you tell that from the pictures?) and "repaired" with epoxy.
- I heard him drive it up, and it sounded like rear end, probably an exhaust leak.
- Then he said it was out of gas, and it wouldn't start :iiam:
- The interior was so incredibly filthy and stained. I don't know if it could be rescued.
- All the usual 4th gen Accord small problems: trim and rubber messed up around windows, front lip ripped off the bumper, etc.

I sort of poked around at the car for about 3 minutes, then said "I think I'll pass :3:" and drove home. I don't think it would be a good buy at $400 much less $1000.

I would be more concerned with the fact that that is most certainly not a 93 Accord, its a 1990 or 1991. No Airbag, passive seatbelts, the color, the bumper cover, grille, taillights, headlights, ect ect...If the title says 93, call the police, because it's a VIN swap (I know you aren't buying it anyway, I am just sayin"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

'tis true. Everything is an easy fix on Craigs.

"Engine has slight knock, told it's an easy fix"

Easy fix: New short block

That said, the Volvo is worth $800.

Technically the physical task of taking the credit card out of your wallet, inserting it into a machine and allowing the shop owner to push the buttons which remove five grand from it is quite easy.

In fact, the task of paying someone at Walmart to replace your wiper blades and paying someone at the Volvo dealership to replace a shortblock is about the same level of difficulty, even if one of them has stairs.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4001650216.html

I only have ever seen one of these trucks, and that was the one in Twister. Interesting truck and I guess there are quite a few conversions done already.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4001650216.html

I only have ever seen one of these trucks, and that was the one in Twister. Interesting truck and I guess there are quite a few conversions done already.

That's just like my dad's truck, except short and not a pickup (and not a full 4-door cab?). Also what's with the hood bulge

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Now this is some real gold. drat I wish I had that money and driveway space.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Non-craigslist probable fool's gold seen on a road trip in Tonopah, Nevada.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That SHO looks like it's made out of clay wtf.

Also I need to get out west, that scenery looks so cool.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The pickup looks pretty sweet, was it just the damaged door or is the whole thing similarly trashed? $950 for a running pickup, lived in the desert so rust isn't a thing... could be a good deal. It would make me take a second look, anyway.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

The pickup looks pretty sweet, was it just the damaged door or is the whole thing similarly trashed? $950 for a running pickup, lived in the desert so rust isn't a thing... could be a good deal. It would make me take a second look, anyway.

I think it was actually in pretty good shape.

leica posted:

That SHO looks like it's made out of clay wtf.

Also I need to get out west, that scenery looks so cool.

The sign inside the Eagle says it's a 1983 model, and claims it runs well. It's in the parking lot of this place:

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 19, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drat, it's expensive as gently caress to stay at the clown motel!

e. Maybe $3950 plus tax buys the whole motel

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Click this to induce nightmares.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clo...iw=1299&bih=707

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm assuming the cemetery is for the Clown's victims? That's some spooky poo poo.

Don Baylor
Oct 24, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

Non-craigslist probable fool's gold seen on a road trip in Tonopah, Nevada.

Is that the clown motel?

e; poo poo, didn't read just posted. That place was one creepy town to stay over night in. Got some great pictures of the cemetary at sunrise though.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

leica posted:

I'm assuming the cemetery is for the Clown's victims? That's some spooky poo poo.

Of course? Where do you think all of the cars are coming from? Can't have dead folks' cars just sitting around your parking lot.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
http://nd.craigslist.org/cto/4011827373.html

:getin:

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

But you'd have to go to Williston to get it. :colbert:

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

Tres Burritos posted:

But you'd have to go to Williston to get it. :colbert:

You know. I would be able to justify the hour drive to myself because I've been looking for a cheap-ish manual beater and actually love Pintos, but Williston is just so terrible :sigh:

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.
I've found it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3923721099.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

I find the location oddly appropriate.

also please tell me thats a dash pad with integrated lcd screen?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Looks like it...I am willing to bet money on a non-functional OG Playstation in there somewhere as well.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

That has the 2.3L OHC, which is the same engine as my Ford Courier. I love that engine. Dead simple to work on, a million upgrades available, and quite gas efficient. I say do it.

EDIT- Oh and parts a dead cheap. I just replaced both my master and slave cylinder on my clutch. Total price for both: $55.

Xarthor fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 20, 2013

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

That is a really interesting interpretation of the phrase "nice condition".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3943243741.html

Would be a cool old car to swap a decent powertrain into.