Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The rear end Stooge posted:

Did anyone really think he was going to just instantly go from nothing to daily updates?

I thought his updates would get farther and farther apart, until his eventual suicide by ingesting an infusion of lemongrass foam, marrow cubes in peach aoli, and arsenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedhed
Feb 27, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I miss the good ol days when Cornelius was excited to see Flava Flav's glowing tooth.

I think Cornelius is exaggerating his speech for effect. Remember (though I don't know why you would) that roast beef has been making fun of old people and Connie's generation the entire car-ride.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

cletepurcel posted:

(The term "pro ice" in this quote always has baffled me but I love it anyway.)

I think he means pro ice as in The Iceman(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski), aka, someone who does horribly brutal things to other people with little to no emotional response.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wooo good job fixing that donate button, Onstad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Extrapolate the time between updates to draw a future point for the next update sometime in the next decade.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Someone smarter than me will have to do the extrapolation but the previous number of days between updates have been {22, 19, 2, 10, 31, 5, 32, 415}.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

horse mans posted:

Someone smarter than me will have to do the extrapolation but the previous number of days between updates have been {22, 19, 2, 10, 31, 5, 32, 415}.

Wolfram Alpha's polynomial interpolation gives

-(37 x^7)/504+(337 x^6)/144-(21307 x^5)/720+(27535 x^4)/144-(97391 x^3)/144+(11704 x^2)/9-(176261 x)/140+493

So sometime late in October of 2016. Marking it on my calendar.

Update intervals aside, I think some of you guys are seeing Cornelius being overwritten because you're looking for it. Beef's voice is still spot on. On the other hand, he's probably the closest to Onstad's voice and the easiest for him to write, so who knows.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Would figure that this all happens after Google Reader shuts down, so I actually have to visit the page now...

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Feedly is a thing that exists.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Holy poo poo 2 updates in one year! New comic!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Ah, holy poo poo, the new one's hilarious.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
That's the first achewood to get a proper laugh out of me since like 2010. So I guess he's gonna stop updating for a couple decades now.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Achewood: Educational AND entertaining.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
In which Onstad finds his groove again. Hilarious.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

That was awesome.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
There's probably been so many amazing Ray & Beef moments that culminate in Ray giving Beef that look, I love it

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Oh hell and drat yes.

This is the Achewood I know and love.

Mr. Onstad, if you're reading this, good to have you back man.

Good to have you back.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
It would seem to me that the comic previous is where he stopped- who knows how long it had been sitting on his hard drive. This seems fresh out of the oven though.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Just Offscreen posted:

It would seem to me that the comic previous is where he stopped- who knows how long it had been sitting on his hard drive. This seems fresh out of the oven though.

This one was at least being worked on in April, so it's not exactly fresh.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I'd love a nice long arc in the 80's, or maybe even a mini-reboot arc of the series with 80's Ray, Beef, Nice Pete, Teodor, a younger Connie and Lyle.

It could be a Thing for sure.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
You forgot Pat, man. We've got all kinds of flash on what Ray and Beef were up to as kids, but all we've got on Beef and Pat is two panels about them scammin' Capri-Suns and drawin' Ramona Quimby doin' the principal.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, ain't this a thing. Ain't this just a thing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

Oh hell and drat yes.

This is the Achewood I know and love.

Mr. Onstad, if you're reading this, good to have you back man.

Good to have you back.

Give it another month or two, still can't be certain that he won't crater again.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Oxxidation posted:

Give it another month or two, still can't be certain that he won't crater again.

Seriously, he's been back and forth so many times, and fed us so many lines, that he'll have to be consistent for a long time for me to trust to anything.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Holy poo poo :lol:

I needed that reminder of why I love Achewood.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Prime Achewood, gently caress the haters.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That was better, and wasn't released next December!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, THAT was actually good! I guess that's our annual good strip out of the way. :v:

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

That was wonderful.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Ramona Quimby doin' the principal.

"I ain't care if givin' Ramona rutty bumps is not considered to be canonical, Pat, 'cause I'm sure as a dog deuce at 8 AM that she also would not be into the act of fellating Mr. Tipps while he is downing cafeteria lunch as you have described in your own writing journal."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I absolutely love Achewood if only because I got to say the following to my wife: "Hey, there's another new Achewood. I don't want to give anything away, but Ray puts the Dead Kennedys in his butt."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn that was good, so good.

Ray is so delighted in that penultimate panel :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hell yes, magnificent recovery from the minor stumble that was the previous comic. Way to go, Onstad!

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Yes, Jello Biafra, you do make that tush go side-to-side.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
I just had the trashiest orgasm

edit: misquoted but gently caress it I love Ray's Heisman pose as he says it

tacoman165 fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 17, 2013

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Oh goddamn, the kid still got it!

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Why would Onstad pass up a perfectly good opportunity to draw some cat ding dong

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

tehloki posted:

Why would Onstad pass up a perfectly good opportunity to draw some cat ding dong

This, uh, isn't ADTRW.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pope Guilty posted:

This, uh, isn't ADTRW.

Achewood fans have very strong opinions on ROCK HARD CAT COCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I think he made a rule about cat dongs in some alt text and you are not allowed to get off.