Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

frogbs posted:

I'm getting a 'not enough repair blocks' error on pretty much every file i've tried in the last month. I'm using blocknews. Is this an instance of needing a second, supplemental provider or is something else probably wrong?

Also, this often happens on very recently posted files, less than an hour old. I never used to run into this with Supernews...

Try it, Astraweb blocks start at $10 for 25GB (maybe some Highwinds resellers sell for less and you can try those instead, dunno). I almost never used Blocknews alone, but when I (accidentally) did, it wasn't any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
If the problem is that severe I think a change in main provider is called for. Block accounts are intended to be for the odd time that main providers fail, as opposed to the norm.

tlc
Jan 6, 2005

dont send help
Similar problem with my tweaknews block account last few days, half the rars are missing, never enough repair blocks. Mind you only been trying to grab one particular recently posted thing, but no drat version of it works. Irritating!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I must coincidentally only care about things that the owners don't bother with DMCAs.

I've got almost 200 things in SB, and I have had less than 5 failures in the past several months.

I was using SuperNews, but switched to newsdemon a few weeks ago because it was cheaper. I use blocknews and tweaknews as backups and between the two of them they've been hit for almost 500 megabytes in the past month.

I'm honestly pretty confused as to whats going on. I wish I knew so I could offer a solution...

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Thermopyle posted:

I must coincidentally only care about things that the owners don't bother with DMCAs.

I've got almost 200 things in SB, and I have had less than 5 failures in the past several months.

I was using SuperNews, but switched to newsdemon a few weeks ago because it was cheaper. I use blocknews and tweaknews as backups and between the two of them they've been hit for almost 500 megabytes in the past month.

I'm honestly pretty confused as to whats going on. I wish I knew so I could offer a solution...

Sick Beard grabs things before they can be taken down.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Not really. I download manually, often at least hours after the release, it's all there. (Astraweb+Blocknews)

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I've been getting a lot of stuff that's been misnamed recently. So even though SABNZB says it doesn't have enough repair blocks, a manual quickpar check shows that everything is there and it just renames everything. So always try a manual repair before deleting.

I don't know whether this is intentional as some method to slow down DMCA takedowns or what.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Vykk.Draygo posted:

That would be my first guess, but a lot of these people complaining say they are downloading right after release.

I also use couchpotato, which typically will be many hours late.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

I've been getting a lot of stuff that's been misnamed recently. So even though SABNZB says it doesn't have enough repair blocks, a manual quickpar check shows that everything is there and it just renames everything. So always try a manual repair before deleting.

I don't know whether this is intentional as some method to slow down DMCA takedowns or what.

How old is your version of Sabnzb? A couple of releases ago they fixed an issue similar to that.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm noticing some larger releases with multiple items are all named the same way. So for each file I'm downloading, it's got 12345.rar, 12345.r00, etc etc. It dumps them all into the same directory, so I end up with 12345.rar, 12345.rar.1, 12345.rar.2, etc etc. The only way I can use this is if I manually rename the 12345.par.x to 12345.x.par and then run it through quickpar, which finds the misnamed files and fixes everything up.

Should SABnzbd be downloading each of these into their own folder or something? Is the poster just making terrible releases? Can Sabnzbd be made to properly handle these releases? I got burnt the first time it happened because it downloaded 15GB, only found a single par file for an 800 mb file, extracted that, and deleted the other 14GB of data.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Much like thermopyle, I must have incredible luck cause I have not had a failed downloaded in ages. I also have a ridiculously long list of backup servers, but still, most of my stuff comes from Supernews.

I'll repost my blockbusting combo of servers again if anyone is interested.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
This is purely anecdotal but I was downloading a couple of highly anticipated (and therefore probably DMCA'd) new TV episodes yesterday and I noticed sabnzbd was only using my free XSusenet account to download. Which I guess means it was DMCA'd from Newsdemon, Astraweb and Tweaknews but XS still had all the parts! Added something unrelated to my queue and it switched back over to my regular accounts immediately.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Just checked mine after an equally anticipated Linux Iso download and everything came from Astraweb. That was via sickbeard so maybe it was just grabbing it before it had a chance to be taken down?

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Gozinbulx posted:

Much like thermopyle, I must have incredible luck cause I have not had a failed downloaded in ages. I also have a ridiculously long list of backup servers, but still, most of my stuff comes from Supernews.

I'll repost my blockbusting combo of servers again if anyone is interested.

Sure, I'm interested. I might try and pick up a few more blocks soon, might as well see what works for others.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Server: usnews.blocknews.net

Server: news-ssl.newsgroupdirect.com

Server: eunews.blocknews.net

Server: news-eu-ssl.newsgroupdirect.com

Server: news.tweaknews.eu

Server: news.supernews.com

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
More back-ups is always a good idea. I wish I knew for certain how to make SAB try to use the less-expensive blocks before the more-expensive blocks, though.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
I have Astraweb as my main and Blocknews as my back up plan. Haven't had a failed download in ages and usually I start sickbeard (120+ items) once I get back from work, which means >12 hours after most releases with me beeing in europe and everything.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Hogburto posted:

More back-ups is always a good idea. I wish I knew for certain how to make SAB try to use the less-expensive blocks before the more-expensive blocks, though.

They've said they are working on this, or they want to, but it would require such a massive rewrite of their code that it will take a really long time.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Doesn't it go through backup servers from top to bottom?
You can't sort the list but you should be able to enter them in your desired order.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NGD servers are down, it's time to panic. :supaburn:

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
What does that mean?

Sabnzbd won't start for me: not a valid config file.
Anyone else with the same problem?

Morkai
May 2, 2004

aaag babbys

Daktari posted:

What does that mean?

we're going to need a lot more info for any assistance.

for example: any recent edits? has it started before? Did you fill the disk it was on and this is sudden?

check for malformed whatevers in the file. are you providing the correct path and file name to the config?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Daktari posted:

What does that mean?

When I intentionally try to sabotage my config file, it seems to fix the errors I introduced when the program loads. That's tight.

Here's what I'd do:
Put this in Windows Explorer's address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\sabnzbd (it might also be in SABnzbd's program files directory)

Rename sabnzbd.ini to something else, try to rename sabnzbd.ini.bak to sabnzbd.ini. If that sabnzbd won't start, undo that rename and start SABnzbd. It will go through the first-run wizard. You can likely find your old info (directories, passwords, API keys, etc) in the older .ini files.

Maybe a bother, but only really like 4 minutes. I'm not sure it likes when I paste the old api keys in the config page. I remember I closed SAB and manually copied my old ones into the .ini at one point for it to stick. Easier than changing all your online services to a new key.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 17, 2013

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Is it possible to have Sabnzbd sort finished downloads based on keywords? And to only move the useful file from the download, and not the whole folder?

So like sickbeard does but based on a specific word or title?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Is it possible to have Sabnzbd sort finished downloads based on keywords? And to only move the useful file from the download, and not the whole folder?

So like sickbeard does but based on a specific word or title?
Absolutely. And if I get your gist, most of what you want could be handled with the config sections: Categories (probably indexer tags: Movies* and TV*), Sorting (use a string that doesn't include a folder), Switches (Ignore Samples), & General (Cleanup List).
To do something more specific, post-processing scripts can still do it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

OK, so say I wanted to move every distro with the word 'fedora' into the title into a specific folder, and only move the iso itself, not the folder or associated crap, how would I do that?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just cant seem to get my head around it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Scripting language depends on what you have installed. Here's a Windows batch file to try to move such a file and (only if the proceeding command was successful) clear other files from the directory and get rid of the sub-directories (only happens if they're empty, which should only happen if the file moved right) and the directory itself:
FOR /F "delims=" %%F IN ('DIR /B /S %%1\*fedora*.iso') DO ^
MOVE /Y "%%F" C:\butts\linux && ^
DEL /S /Q "%%1\*.*"

FOR /F "delims=" %%G IN ('DIR /AD /B /S "%%1" ^| SORT /R') DO ^
RD "%%G"
RD "%%1"

(UNTESTED) Also, if you anticipate more than 1 file matching *fedora*.iso, you'd want to break up that first command or only 1 is getting copied and the rest deleted.
If this is entirely unfamiliar, ignore it and learn Python instead.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 17, 2013

Tenchi
Dec 6, 2002
I'll try not to get banned again...
Started to use SABnzbd and had a question. If I update SABnzbd will a lose my history and what I was downloading? Upgrading from SABnzbd .7.13 to .7.14.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Tenchi posted:

Started to use SABnzbd and had a question. If I update SABnzbd will a lose my history and what I was downloading? Upgrading from SABnzbd .7.13 to .7.14.

I'm usually fine

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Hogburto posted:

Scripting language depends on what you have installed. Here's a Windows batch file to try to move such a file and (only if the proceeding command was successful) clear other files from the directory and get rid of the sub-directories (only happens if they're empty, which should only happen if the file moved right) and the directory itself:
FOR /F "delims=" %%F IN ('DIR /B /S %%1\*fedora*.iso') DO ^
MOVE /Y "%%F" C:\butts\linux && ^
DEL /S /Q "%%1\*.*"

FOR /F "delims=" %%G IN ('DIR /AD /B /S "%%1" ^| SORT /R') DO ^
RD "%%G"
RD "%%1"

(UNTESTED) Also, if you anticipate more than 1 file matching *fedora*.iso, you'd want to break up that first command or only 1 is getting copied and the rest deleted.
If this is entirely unfamiliar, ignore it and learn Python instead.

I'm on Linux, but you pointed me down the right path. I've got it doing exactly what I wanted now, thanks :)

Daktari
May 30, 2006

Hogburto posted:

When I intentionally try to sabotage my config file, it seems to fix the errors I introduced when the program loads. That's tight.

Here's what I'd do:
Put this in Windows Explorer's address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\sabnzbd (it might also be in SABnzbd's program files directory)

Rename sabnzbd.ini to something else, try to rename sabnzbd.ini.bak to sabnzbd.ini. If that sabnzbd won't start, undo that rename and start SABnzbd. It will go through the first-run wizard. You can likely find your old info (directories, passwords, API keys, etc) in the older .ini files.

Maybe a bother, but only really like 4 minutes. I'm not sure it likes when I paste the old api keys in the config page. I remember I closed SAB and manually copied my old ones into the .ini at one point for it to stick. Easier than changing all your online services to a new key.

Morkai posted:

we're going to need a lot more info for any assistance.

for example: any recent edits? has it started before? Did you fill the disk it was on and this is sudden?

check for malformed whatevers in the file. are you providing the correct path and file name to the config?

Sorry for just leaving you guys hanging there.

The config file was bugged, so I just set everything up from scratch.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Anybody else noticing uptime issues with nzbs.org? It's not usable at the moment. By the way, what's a good consensus for an alternative should the worst happen with nzbs.org?

NZBclub and binsearch seem like a step down, so I'm looking for some more robust choices.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

Michael Scott posted:

Anybody else noticing uptime issues with nzbs.org? It's not usable at the moment. By the way, what's a good consensus for an alternative should the worst happen with nzbs.org?

NZBclub and binsearch seem like a step down, so I'm looking for some more robust choices.

It has been up for me both when I hit the api and through the web interface when ever I've wanted. I don't hit it more than a few times a day though. Its up right now.

Grabbed a dog account when they were available as backup.

LT.CrownRoast fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 23, 2013

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Getting this for some reason on Chrome and IE. I think it's on my end though.

VVV Yup tried that too, no dice.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 23, 2013

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Michael Scott posted:

This is what it looks like when I disable page styles in Firefox. I think something went wrong with them sending you their .css file for a while and you got a blank. CTRL-F5.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there any control over the Backlog other than a straight Pause? I woke up to 2,000 items in my SAB queue because SickBeard went on a rampage and decided to grab the last 3 years worth of all the daily airing stuff I have in my list (that gets automatically deleted after 2 weeks). It's probably only about halfway through but it's probably hammering the hell out of the SAB Indexer and I doubt they'd want that.

Don't think there's any options to remove a show from the backlist? I can go through each one and set all the old seasons to Skipped which would help I'm sure, but it might be too late for this run?

Daktari
May 30, 2006

Michael Scott posted:

Have you tried https://www.nzbs.org/login

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can go through each one and set all the old seasons to Skipped which would help I'm sure, but it might be too late for this run?
While I don't know why the status of your shows would change passed episodes from skipped to wanted on their own, you can efficiently select all wanted episodes and change them to skipped on Config > Episode Status Management.

Red Marx
Dec 21, 2005

Michael Scott posted:

VVV Yup tried that too, no dice.

I've been having this exact same issue in Safari and Chrome. Seems to come and go every couple of days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I feel like I'm on crazy pills here. Did CouchPotato completely remove the Providers page from Settings?

Guess I'll try to add an indexer with an earlier software version.

E: Fixed in today's version release; reincorporated on the Searcher page.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 25, 2013