Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rejected Fate posted:

Also I assume I'll have to hope the Jews get off the map for porting reasons.
You could be really shady and add an entry in the converter's religion_table like either
code:
judaism;orthodox;0;Jewish Ethiopia becomes Orthodox
code:
judaism;shamanism;0;Jews are conquerable pagans
or
code:
judaism;judaism;1;Custom Defined Judaism
I have no idea how icons or any of the graphic stuff works for Custom Defined religions, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the best way to deal with a blobbling vassal? I'm Emperor of Scandinavia, and the King of Pomerania ended up as my vassal (not really sure how, he was my neighbor and my ally then all of a sudden *poof* was my vassal...maybe it's somehow because one of my kids married one of his? I'm not sure). Unfortunately, he's started gobbling up duchies of my other vassals (like the Jarl of Trondberg...).

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

Rejected Fate posted:

Speaking of - how does porting Zoroastrians in EU4 go? Do they get their own symbol and stuff?

Yup, sure do. Special religion traits are tolerance of true faith up, +50% chance of new heir, and +10% missionary strength. Also every religion is heathen. Zoroastrians don't get special ideas, but Persia does, so you can take theirs by joining the game then hitting "Form Persian Nation."

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Back playing CK2+ after a few vanilla games. God I love all the extra plots and ambitions, I think they are my favourite things in CK2+, they add so much to the ways you can interact with the world.

Also the plot to seduce people is pretty funny to think about. I'm imagining some kind of Viking romantic comedy with all the plotters as the plot leader's wacky friends. Strange you can imprison people for it though!

I've just recovered from losing a really nasty gavelkind induced succession crisis that reduced me to a single county, just took a couple of decades of county conquest expansion and a few stabbings and I'm as powerful as ever. So much more satisfying to come back from something like that, than to game the system with religious vassals or whatever.

cowtown
Jul 4, 2007

the cow's a friend to me

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there some way that I can effectively commit suicide so I can get to my heir faster?

If you have the Depressed trait, you can commit suicide as an option under the Intrigue menu.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

TheBlackRoija posted:

So I'm trying to run the "tweaked titles" mod posted earlier in this thread with the new patch, but I get a bunch of blank event pop-ups (no text, no button to close them and they come 6 at a time)
Its the only mod I'm using, and it doesn't happen without it on
Traits seem to be referred to by name rather than number in the file, so maybe its because of the change to modding landed_titles?

Either way does anybody know of a fix?

That's almost certainly what's wrong with it (plus it needs CK2+ to work and you aren't using it). Once somebody figures out the new landed_titles mod system, I'll update.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
My save still doesn't covert. Maybe because it's 69.9MB? I don't think the save file bloat fix can really help me with that since the save is at January 1st 1453. I just really want to continue this save. :(

marktheando posted:

Also the plot to seduce people is pretty funny to think about. I'm imagining some kind of Viking romantic comedy with all the plotters as the plot leader's wacky friends. Strange you can imprison people for it though!

It's like those romantic comedies where the girl is the police chief's daughter.

Edit: Except with more executions.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

echopapa posted:

That's almost certainly what's wrong with it (plus it needs CK2+ to work and you aren't using it). Once somebody figures out the new landed_titles mod system, I'll update.

I don't think he's talking about your mod, there was another guy earlier in the thread that made a mod called Tweaked Titles which added a completely_controls tag to every title. And it doesn't need CK2+.

TheBlackRoija posted:

So I'm trying to run the "tweaked titles" mod posted earlier in this thread with the new patch, but I get a bunch of blank event pop-ups (no text, no button to close them and they come 6 at a time)
Its the only mod I'm using, and it doesn't happen without it on
Traits seem to be referred to by name rather than number in the file, so maybe its because of the change to modding landed_titles?

Either way does anybody know of a fix?

I use it (although I actually merged it with another mod I use) and it works fine for me... But there have been changes made to the landed_titles file and I think I fixed those issues manually, I can't remember. If you grab notepad++ and install the compare plugin for it you can easily fix any issues. Alternatively I can upload my copy tomorrow if you want. It does have some stuff added but that stuff will be completely inconsequential on vanilla -- specifiying holy sites for the Muslim heresies, iirc, which are just duplicates of their parents' ones (so even if it does read them then functionally there won't be any difference).

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

genericnick posted:

CK2+ nerfed prepared invasions all right.

No men and no button.

I'm having the same problem. Running CK2+ and VIET Events. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to get the game working without disabling CK+? Ever since the patch the game gets stuck on the "Loading flags.." title card. I would just wait for CK+ to updated, but the modder said it wont' be updated anymore.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there some way that I can effectively commit suicide so I can get to my heir faster?

The only real way to commit suicide is if you have the "depressed" trait you can somit suicide in the intrigue menu. You can do things that increase your odds of death though. Paying an assassin (not plotting) to kill someone, if it fails and the assassin is caught usually results in a retaliatory strike on you. Going on grand hunts can lead to events that have a small chance of you dieing or getting maimed which lowers your health. Leading armies in combat has a chance of you dieing. Placing your leader in command of an army and have it sit in a county infected with he plague or something can result in you getting sick. You can also try putting someone who hates your guts in place as your spymaster and then try pissing people off enough.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Regarding AI Pagans reforming--the Ilkhanate reformed Tengri in my current Novgorod game, and the Tengri High Priest called a Great Holy War for Ruthenia, of which I happened to own a few provinces. I'm waiting to get stomped by a doomstack, but it never comes. Eventually I check the little war icon in the bottom right of the screen, and I see that no one has joined the crusade. So I sent my retinue to the rear end-end of the map and sacked the temple holding owned by the Tengri High Priest and promptly won the Great Holy War :black101:

What gives? Was that a bug, or did all the Tengri rulers hate the High Priest/not care enough about Ruthenia to join?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Sheen Sheen posted:

Regarding AI Pagans reforming--the Ilkhanate reformed Tengri in my current Novgorod game, and the Tengri High Priest called a Great Holy War for Ruthenia, of which I happened to own a few provinces. I'm waiting to get stomped by a doomstack, but it never comes. Eventually I check the little war icon in the bottom right of the screen, and I see that no one has joined the crusade. So I sent my retinue to the rear end-end of the map and sacked the temple holding owned by the Tengri High Priest and promptly won the Great Holy War :black101:

What gives? Was that a bug, or did all the Tengri rulers hate the High Priest/not care enough about Ruthenia to join?

Check the Ilkhanate. It'd be super hilarious if they reformed Tengri and then said "You know what? Let's all be Nestorian Orthodox"

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

Two of the last three crusades I've seen have only had one total participant other than myself. It was the duchy of Brittany and they only participated in one of them. The third functioned normally. I'm thinking it must be a bug.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Dammit just let me take Corsica! It keeps switching between Tuscany and Italy and then ending the war because of liege change.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Veryslightlymad posted:

Check the Ilkhanate. It'd be super hilarious if they reformed Tengri and then said "You know what? Let's all be Nestorian Orthodox"

Nope, both Ilkhanate and Golden Horde are Tengri. What's weird is that a few years later the Pope called for a crusade against the Ilkhanate for Hungary (the Ilkhanate literally controls half the map), and I saw a 70000-man doomstack march by my territory to get there, so I know they're still capable of raising gigantic attrition-immune armies.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Inside Outside posted:

Two of the last three crusades I've seen have only had one total participant other than myself. It was the duchy of Brittany and they only participated in one of them. The third functioned normally. I'm thinking it must be a bug.

In my Norse game the moment crusades became available the Pope called one for Reformed Tengri Hungary, noone but the Pope answered the call to arms. The sad thing is the Pope was kicking the heathens butts.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ah, feels good to have my heirs back and non-syphilitic again.

And my first successful assassination plot! Against my half-brother, who had a high opinion of me, and I had a high opinion of him, but he's a claimant and both times I'd run the game to my next character he would instantly raise a powerful faction and had too many alliances to oppose effectively. So this time I had to take care of the problem before it started.

It played out like the JFK assassination but I personally imagine it more like Sonny Corleone...

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

Allyn posted:

I use it (although I actually merged it with another mod I use) and it works fine for me... But there have been changes made to the landed_titles file and I think I fixed those issues manually, I can't remember. If you grab notepad++ and install the compare plugin for it you can easily fix any issues. Alternatively I can upload my copy tomorrow if you want. It does have some stuff added but that stuff will be completely inconsequential on vanilla -- specifiying holy sites for the Muslim heresies, iirc, which are just duplicates of their parents' ones (so even if it does read them then functionally there won't be any difference).

Thanks, that probably would have been smarter but I ended up just copying the new landed_titles and adding the allow = { OR = { yada yada to everything myself. Maybe I'll go back and do that just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm consistently ignored in the Paradox Forums whenever I ask a question and it's annoying as hell :argh:

I was trying to play the game with Ancient Religions Reborn and Mediterranean Faces Improved, when the game CTD'd during map initialization.

The setup log doesn't indicate anything, but this was in the graphics log:
code:
[provincetemplate.cpp:244]: Province 0 has invalid origin
[pdxmapgeneration.cpp:222]: Too small river found at 1157, 782
[eu3graphicalmap.cpp:2104]: Invalid port location for province 474, center at 1089,1315, port location at 1088.000, 1313.000
[eu3graphicalmap.cpp:2104]: Invalid port location for province 935, center at 922,1258, port location at 920.000, 1262.000
Which is bizarre because the mod doesn't alter the map at all.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

God, my Estonia/Novrogrod game has taught me one thing: gently caress Vikings. Seriously, these guys raid me non-stop, I can't wait to get a big enough retinue so I don't have to raise levies.

Hell, maybe I should just conquer Scandinavia. That'd show 'em.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Rejected Fate posted:

God, my Estonia/Novrogrod game has taught me one thing: gently caress Vikings. Seriously, these guys raid me non-stop, I can't wait to get a big enough retinue so I don't have to raise levies.

Hell, maybe I should just conquer Scandinavia. That'd show 'em.

Heh playing as vikings I got pissed off and invaded Lithuania for have the gall to raid me once. Dont think Id have the patience to let multiple raids slid by unpunished.

Even if you dont want Scandinavia just conquer them and give them independence under a friendly ruler of the same religion.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I've satisfied the requirements to snatch up the crown of Finland, but every now and then the Norse assholes on the west side of the pond give me a new reason to hate them and think very Serbian thoughts about where their culture should end up.

I got the opportunity of the century to snatch up Åland. The proto-Swedish were on their last legs (overpowered by some petty king bordering Swedish Lapland and Norway), holding barely onto Uppsala and two other counties with no lieges or alliances. So I declare war and call my 2000+ men to arms while there's still peace elsewhere and a senile old git that's bad at war on the throne.

Welps, nearly six thousand men out of loving nowhere wade through the ocean, crash into my entrenched positions on the shore of Suomi, prevail after an enormous wrestling match despite having leaders with 2s and 5s for martial skills and the massive amphibious landing penalty and simultaneously lock up the three 15-21 martial skill top dogs in charge of my entire kingdom.

gently caress you too game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Which liege has the most direct connection to the historical line for Prussia and then Germany? I can't find any Hohenzollerns so I assume it's too early for them in 1066. Should I just play as Brandenburg? And, as an aside, how the hell do you play as a vassal in an empire, you can't do anything. :psyduck:

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which liege has the most direct connection to the historical line for Prussia and then Germany? I can't find any Hohenzollerns so I assume it's too early for them in 1066. Should I just play as Brandenburg? And, as an aside, how the hell do you play as a vassal in an empire, you can't do anything. :psyduck:

They are out there!

In both starts they begin the game as the barons of Zollern, a barony in the province of Furstenberg (which is in Swabia).

In the 867 start they are now as house "Von Zollern." In 1066 they are in the same barony, but are now known as the Hohenzollerns! In both cases the duke of Swabia controls Furstenberg directly, so you can always make the baron of your choice into a count and then have at it!

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

scamtank posted:

I've satisfied the requirements to snatch up the crown of Finland, but every now and then the Norse assholes on the west side of the pond give me a new reason to hate them and think very Serbian thoughts about where their culture should end up.

I got the opportunity of the century to snatch up Åland. The proto-Swedish were on their last legs (overpowered by some petty king bordering Swedish Lapland and Norway), holding barely onto Uppsala and two other counties with no lieges or alliances. So I declare war and call my 2000+ men to arms while there's still peace elsewhere and a senile old git that's bad at war on the throne.

Welps, nearly six thousand men out of loving nowhere wade through the ocean, crash into my entrenched positions on the shore of Suomi, prevail after an enormous wrestling match despite having leaders with 2s and 5s for martial skills and the massive amphibious landing penalty and simultaneously lock up the three 15-21 martial skill top dogs in charge of my entire kingdom.

gently caress you too game.

I really think you should have won that. If you were Suomenusko, you'd have that great big homeland bonus ontop of the amphibious penalty. I've definitely faced worse odds and won, though I was also exploiting other terrain bonuses. Were your 3 leaders well-stated for defence and killing enemy morale? Cruel & Patient & Defender & Unyielding owns bones on defence.

You could have possibly cheesed it out of suomi and let the massive pagan attrition wreck havok on those 6 thousand as they chase your guys across the country as well.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

marktheando posted:

I'm having the same problem. Running CK2+ and VIET Events. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Or at least know where the mod keeps the prepared invasion events?

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
I updated to the latest patch and picked an earlier save, the one before 1.103. As king of Lithuania I pressed my weak claims for Holmgard and Toropets against Gardariki. My 60-year-old king died and his 2-year-old son of a concubine took over. The war ended because CB was no longer valid and the son didn't inherit the claims. Why not?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Rurik posted:

I updated to the latest patch and picked an earlier save, the one before 1.103. As king of Lithuania I pressed my weak claims for Holmgard and Toropets against Gardariki. My 60-year-old king died and his 2-year-old son of a concubine took over. The war ended because CB was no longer valid and the son didn't inherit the claims. Why not?

Were the claims inheritable?

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well when Wiz did his Paradox mega-game as them he started on January 11, 1067 and they were counts of Schwaben under 17 year old Friedrich von Hohenzollern.

fake edit: ugh re-reading that LP, I'd forgotten how bad the UI on the original Crusader Kings was...

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Is there some kind of bug where Aztecs won't accept demands at 100% warscore? Spain was a clusterfuck, the Aztecs took over, but then they were undergoing holy wars from the Sunni, as well as being attacked by the queen of Aquitaine. This led to Spain being covered in occupied territories and when I moused over the icons it said it was at 100% warscore for all of the occupiers.

Well the Aztec king died and that actually reverted all of the occupied lands back to his heir, so I decided to holy war and pick up some land. I've got the warscore to 100%, and I am the only person occupying these territories, but when I try to offer peace when I try to enforce my demands it says "no" and the weird thing is that he won't accept a white peace and I can't even surrender. Is there any reason for this?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Okay can anyone tell me what has happened here:

For some reason my daughter has just jumped ahead of my son for all my titles operating under primogeniture (Bavaria, Bohemia, Croatia, Germany, Jerusalem, Poland) with my son now only heir to the Kingdom of Denmark which is gavelkind. This is extremely annoying because I am in line to inherit Bulgaria and Sweden and my son is betrothed to the heir of Francia so his son would stand to inherit pretty much the whole of Europe.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Okay can anyone tell me what has happened here:

For some reason my daughter has just jumped ahead of my son for all my titles operating under primogeniture (Bavaria, Bohemia, Croatia, Germany, Jerusalem, Poland) with my son now only heir to the Kingdom of Denmark which is gavelkind. This is extremely annoying because I am in line to inherit Bulgaria and Sweden and my son is betrothed to the heir of Francia so his son would stand to inherit pretty much the whole of Europe.

Did you recently create a merchant republic in your realm?

If so, the program has some trouble filling out the Patrician families and your heir can sometimes be named as heir apparent to a city or the republic Duchy taking him out of your succession. If you're lucky and don't die for a few years, it may work itself out so that your heir is no longer in line for a republic title.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

BgRdMchne posted:

Did you recently create a merchant republic in your realm?

If so, the program has some trouble filling out the Patrician families and your heir can sometimes be named as heir apparent to a city or the republic Duchy taking him out of your succession. If you're lucky and don't die for a few years, it may work itself out so that your heir is no longer in line for a republic title.

Ah yeah, I just conquered Prussia and made it a merchant republic.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I've often had some luck just saving and reloading to clear that up - I guess it wouldn't be a Paradox game without needing to do that on occasion!

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Okay now the petty king of Uppsala got dragged into a de jure squabble I was hoping he wouldn't show up in and he did with eight thousand men. :psyduck:

Maybe I should just wait until he's replaced by someone who isn't absolutely loved and adored by everyone under his command. Maybe that's how he's survived being the only Catholic ruler to the north of the HRE.

scamtank fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 17, 2013

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Were the claims inheritable?

Aren't all fabricated claims that are pressed in a war inheritable?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

HOW DID THE HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR LOSE

HOW

WHY
Here's a follow-up to the Humble Empire:

The Holy Roman Emperors managed to reconquer most of Germany from the Humble Hedge Knights, but not before the Knights had Anglified a few German provinces. Evidently either this emperor or one of his predecessors converted to the culture of one of the Anglified provinces, and whelp. Best part is that the Hedge Knight remnant moved to a German province and became German themselves, so there's been a lovely switch-up there.

Also, an Irish dynasty rules France.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
So is there a way to just let CK2 run itself, in a sort of hands off mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The Mattybee posted:

So is there a way to just let CK2 run itself, in a sort of hands off mode?
Yes! Load up as a character, any character, then go into the console (press the '~/`' button) and enter in 'observe'.

• Locked thread