Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

And Palermo, some Serie B side, wins their first Coppa match! Woo!

...beat the poo poo out of Hellas next please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

silvergoose posted:

And Palermo, some Serie B side, wins their first Coppa match! Woo!

...beat the poo poo out of Hellas next please.

Please do this.

Balotelli was taken out of Italy's training session today, claiming a pain in his right knee. Hopefully it's just a load of poo poo but he skips the match anyway so he's nice and rested for Milan's CL qualifier.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Balotelli was taken out of Italy's training session today, claiming a pain in his right knee. Hopefully it's just a load of poo poo but he skips the match anyway so he's nice and rested for Milan's CL qualifier.

You answered your own question ;)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Well. My wife hosed up our vacation days. Fiorentinas first match is the 26th (my birthday) and we leave from holiday the week before.

Just called work and they wont extend me out.

Really sucks. I would have been finally gone to a game.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Good news for the league: with respect to this time last year, there are 28000 more season ticket holders.

Bad news for the league: a lot of them are Hellas supporters

Happy Ferragosto :)

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Any idea how much have Napoli and Fiorentina season tickets increased?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Any idea how much have Napoli and Fiorentina season tickets increased?

Fiorentina went from 12k to 22k according to the article I read but that's the only figure. Percentage wise they said the top three were Fiorentina, Milan and Hellas. 12 teams in total increased.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juve announced their Supercoppa squad today. Nice to see Barzagli and Pepe active. Surprising also was Marco Motta. There haven't been any rumors around him going out on loan that I've seen, I wonder if he'll stick around.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Fiorentina went from 12k to 22k according to the article I read but that's the only figure. Percentage wise they said the top three were Fiorentina, Milan and Hellas. 12 teams in total increased.

Twenty two thousand Euro for a Fiorentina season ticket? Please tell me that was mistake on your part.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah - if anybody in the US is desperate to get BeIN and can't get it on your cable provider, Dish Network has a streaming service where you can pay $10 a month to get 4 sports channels, one of which is BeIN. Stream quality is good, nearly HD on my Roku. I think I'm going to keep it just for the picture quality improvement over BeIN on my cable.

One of the other channels is One World, which carries J League, Chinese Super League, K League, and AFC Champions League and Asian Cup, plus shows tape delay games for Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal and NY Cosmos.

http://dishworld.com/

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Do you need to be a dish network subscriber in order to pay for this service?

Do you think people outside of the US can subscribe?

Edit: I have a good US proxy, I'm just wondering if they'd accept a non-US credit card. We can't get BeIN in Canada right now, and they are the only ones with Serie A rights unless I pay for Rai International (but they don't get a lot of games)

Duro fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 16, 2013

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I don't have Dish, and I signed up. I think this is targeted at people that only want streaming.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Soulex posted:

Twenty two thousand Euro for a Fiorentina season ticket? Please tell me that was mistake on your part.

22K is the amount of people who bought season tickets. Not the price.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DOOP posted:

22K is the amount of people who bought season tickets. Not the price.

I was about to say...

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Lmfao I mean this in the nicest way but Soulex I love you like the mentally challenged kid who hangs around the rest of the group

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Oh yeah - if anybody in the US is desperate to get BeIN and can't get it on your cable provider, Dish Network has a streaming service where you can pay $10 a month to get 4 sports channels, one of which is BeIN. Stream quality is good, nearly HD on my Roku. I think I'm going to keep it just for the picture quality improvement over BeIN on my cable.

One of the other channels is One World, which carries J League, Chinese Super League, K League, and AFC Champions League and Asian Cup, plus shows tape delay games for Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal and NY Cosmos.

http://dishworld.com/

I....I love you

e: lol soulex c'mon now

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I cant begin to explain to you why I thought that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Looks like David Pizarro is going to be out for at least a couple of months after he picked up an oblique injury on international duty this week.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I didn't know Hellas had that many season ticket holders they're going to be a proper fun team to watch while they do all that bad stuff or whatever

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tbp posted:

I didn't know Hellas had that many season ticket holders they're going to be a proper fun team to watch while they do all that bad stuff or whatever

They are bad fuckers but that stadium rivals the San Paolo on game day. They're very passionate.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

trem_two posted:

Looks like David Pizarro is going to be out for at least a couple of months after he picked up an oblique injury on international duty this week.

Luckily it's not that bad, one or two weeks if that :)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

For anyone still wondering about how to watch games not on a dodgy stream, check this post out:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562994&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post418518110

A dude in the Premiere League thread found out how to get Al Jazeera Sports in English in a legal way; it's around 20 bucks a month and they have every game from every major league (other than Germany). A little pricier than beIn but you get a shitload more. Worth checking out if you're willing to pay for it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah if you actually want to watch Serie A games live, relying on BeIN isn't the best option, they always prioritize La Liga over Italy.

Giaccherini looked good for Sunderland today. Leaving Juve was the right idea for him if he wants to prioritize his standing in the Italy squad.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

trem_two posted:

Giaccherini looked good for Sunderland today. Leaving Juve was the right idea for him if he wants to prioritize his standing in the Italy squad.

Don't Italy generally favour players playing in Serie A than those abroad? Or has that changed in recent years?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Criscito and Verratti have been used a lot at different points over the past couple of years, and Sirgu is always called up as 3rd choice keeper even though he never plays. Balotelli obviously was called up when he was with City as well.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ok, fair enough. Maybe it's just because no few go abroad that it seems that way. Although Balotelli was always going to get called up and the others you mention would probably get more coverage than someone at Sunderland in Italy, no?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I figure regular first team football training under a known Italian madman is probably a better alternative than averaging 10 minutes per game with Juve. But then again, he'd be training every day with most of the Italian side if he was still with Juve, so idk I suppose.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mickolution posted:

Ok, fair enough. Maybe it's just because no few go abroad that it seems that way. Although Balotelli was always going to get called up and the others you mention would probably get more coverage than someone at Sunderland in Italy, no?

I think you hit it with your first point. I'm trying to think of some Italians overseas that are possibly international quality. So far I've got Criscito, Verratti, Sirigu, Borini, Giak and that's pretty much it. Graziano Pellé scores an assload of goals in the Netherlands apparently, but he's been called up maybe once.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

There's a bunch of Coppa matches this afternoon, Livorno has already been dumped out by Siena in the early match. Palermo-Hellas is the pick of them in my opinion, but Parma-Lecce could also be good.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I think you hit it with your first point. I'm trying to think of some Italians overseas that are possibly international quality. So far I've got Criscito, Verratti, Sirigu, Borini, Giak and that's pretty much it. Graziano Pellé scores an assload of goals in the Netherlands apparently, but he's been called up maybe once.

Davide Santon might be international quality one day, Bocchetti maybe? but there is surprisingly few Italians who go abroad.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

Davide Santon might be international quality one day, Bocchetti maybe? but there is surprisingly few Italians who go abroad.

A poo poo yeah, Santon is for sure. Bocchetti's been called up a few times but no way would he make the team now.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I meant historically as well, though. That being said, Italian players have rarely gone abroad in the past, either.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

An investigative piece in a Belgian journal is saying JF Gillet's role in the Bari matchfixing incident is a setup by other matchfixing players, led by Masiello, who were fed up by Gillet never getting in deals with the betting syndicates.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

A poo poo yeah, Santon is for sure. Bocchetti's been called up a few times but no way would he make the team now.

I don't want him to leave at all, but he'd be perfect for an Italian club playing with wingbacks. I'd like to see him play as a winger for Newcastle but I doubt it'll happen. He should be getting called up for Italy anyway since he can play on either side

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Santon's biggest problem is De Sciglio, who's younger and playing for a better side and will probably develop into a much better player.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

belgend posted:

An investigative piece in a Belgian journal is saying JF Gillet's role in the Bari matchfixing incident is a setup by other matchfixing players, led by Masiello, who were fed up by Gillet never getting in deals with the betting syndicates.

Given that he's one of the five or six remaining players left in the whole investigation that haven't been proven completely guilty or innocent then Im not so sure about this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Im playing in a fantasy league with a few of my old friends and this is the side I ended up with. I think it's a really solid team until Reina gets injured. I tried to mostly include scoring midfielders other than De Jong and Bradley, who I think will get a lot of good votes anyway. Players get points based on their votes in La Gazzetta, with modifiers for goals scored, assists, etc.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I, too would like to play fantasy football. Having never done so though.

Picked up my Gomez jersey yesterday before driving 12 hours home. Would have been 8 but Milan traffic is a mother fucker.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

How come Serie A starts a week later than every other southern Europe league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Im playing in a fantasy league with a few of my old friends and this is the side I ended up with. I think it's a really solid team until Reina gets injured. I tried to mostly include scoring midfielders other than De Jong and Bradley, who I think will get a lot of good votes anyway. Players get points based on their votes in La Gazzetta, with modifiers for goals scored, assists, etc.

Bad luck about Strootman :(

• Locked thread