Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

The guys got back to me and fixed my account ("the account was not accepting any combination of username and password"), so now I can log into the website. So, I go into SR3 and log into the community and...as soon as I start typing my password, the game crashes. Typing causes a crash? Seriously?

Man Saints Row just does not like you. Ouch. I never had this problem. Someone had similar problems and it might be cause of the hard drive.

Also yes avoid the goddamn wiki. Fuckers didn't even put a spoiler warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Nostalgia4ColdWar fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 31, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

Man Saints Row just does not like you. Ouch. I never had this problem. Someone had similar problems and it might be cause of the hard drive.
I'm using an SSD that is performing like a champ, I can't imagine it's that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8UhG63RHg

Someone did that in SR3, and considering SR4's character creation is similar I wouldn't doubt it. Haha that would be great though. Running around as Beavis as The Great Cornholio.

edit: An SSD eh? Yeah I"m googling and it seems there isn't a solution. Bummer. Only thing I notice is a bunch of people are having the same problem. Might be the servers. :/

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 17, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

edit: An SSD eh? Yeah I"m googling and it seems there isn't a solution. Bummer. Only thing I notice is a bunch of people are having the same problem. Might be the servers. :/
I doubt that, since it crashes the instant I hit any key in the password blank, way before it had any chance of transmitting something.

edit: it wasn't doing this the day before yesterday.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pre-loading Saint's Row 4, and I just re-downloaded SRTT so I can finally finish off the story. I got kinda bored by the missions (especially the DLC ones), but the hour I spent dressed as He-Man and causing traffic accidents with a giant dildo was pretty choice.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wolfsheim posted:

As someone who played SRTT, GTAIV, Skyrim and New Vegas on the PS3, I don't get the PS3 hate. I've never had framerate problems with either, and I'm not sure why that's become the stereotype for any open-world game.

Saints Row The Third's ridiculously low PS3 framerates aren't some kind of myth, the game dipped into single figures at times. Some people aren't as sensitive to low framerates as others, but if anyone is, the console versions of Saints Row 4 probably aren't a good bet. The quick look Giant Bomb did is a pretty good indicator. I found that the low framerate actually hurt my ability to play the game during the blaze activities and even some more hectic combat sequences when aiming became difficult. But like I said, I haven't played the console version much. Maybe you'd get used to it.

The rest of those games I haven't played so I can't comment on them.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Tunahead posted:

Man, it's tough making a serviceable Johnny because the forehead doesn't go any lower. Also there's only one top with a scarf and one pair of regular glasses and those are both integral to the design of the character.

Best SRIV Boss yet ITT

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

That article is pretty clear that it's all speculation. The response from Steam is exactly what I'd expect to hear from customer service people. They're not going to tell you how easily you can circumvent the law with their service.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Samurai Sanders posted:

I doubt that, since it crashes the instant I hit any key in the password blank, way before it had any chance of transmitting something.

edit: it wasn't doing this the day before yesterday.

Well I hope it doesn't do that on release day but yeah I can't think of anything of why it just crashes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hotwire posted:

Dialogue Spoilers from that dev Diary:

New Shaundi: 'The only thing you ever did was get kidnapped by your stoner ex. Oh, and hosed half of stillwater. Go team.'
Boss: 'I thought you were just really friendly and hated pants.'
Old Shaundi: 'Someone gets it!'

I couldn't be happier. :allears:

You know Shaundi doesn't really have much room to criticize considering the only thing she ever did in SRTT was get kidnapped twice and be angry at me all the time.

Also yeah, gently caress pants.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Rhonne posted:

You know Shaundi doesn't really have much room to criticize considering the only thing she ever did in SRTT was get kidnapped twice and be angry at me all the time.

Also yeah, gently caress pants.

I so hope there is a mission in this game in which we have to choose which Shaundi to save.
Because gently caress New Shaundi.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I haven't paid that much attention to SRIV, but one thing I was concerned about was how apparently everything was covered in a red haze all the time. Is that the case?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Anatharon posted:

I haven't paid that much attention to SRIV, but one thing I was concerned about was how apparently everything was covered in a red haze all the time. Is that the case?
I hope when you're finished it's covered in a purple haze.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

The Mimic posted:

A trooper stands before us. I played SR2 on PC after playing it on the xbox and it was almost unbearable. I still beat it (again) but it was a thoroughly less enjoyable experience. I hope my 5850 gets along well with the PC version. ATi cards are weird.

According to Idol you should be fine. I played and beat SR3 with that exact card and it went pretty well. I couldn't max anything out but I was above "average" settings the whole way with like 30-40 fps pretty steady except when lots and lots of poo poo was exploding all at once. Same engine only optimized it should go pretty respectably well for you, I think.

I just hope I don't have to update my drivers again. It's always such a pain in the rear end. gently caress ATI drivers forever.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I hope when you're finished it's covered in a purple haze.

Purple rain? Purple reign!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Starhawk64 posted:

I feel sorry for you Aussies. It's 2013 and countries that are not USA are still getting screwed over on videogame releases, what a hosed up world we live in.

Nah, the US gets screwed too. See: Bravely Default, Phantasy Star Online 2, every other Yakuza game, loving XENOBLADE, etc.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nah, the US gets screwed too. See: Bravely Default, Phantasy Star Online 2, every other Yakuza game, loving XENOBLADE, etc.
Doesn't Australia also not get those games, plus a whole other group of games that they alone don't get?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Anatharon posted:

They've discussed this some.

Unlocking districts removes a bunch of that harsh red and replaces it with lighter blues and such. After you beat the game, you apparently unlock about a dozen different themes to play in, including Classic Steelport, or adding a black and white Noir theme.

So, long story short, no.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Is there any kind of New Game+?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Slate Action posted:

You can keep playing after the ending, but there's no mission replays.

At least for maybe a week or so until Idolninja mods it in to the PC version.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Slate Action posted:

Player mods :getin:

Assuming you're playing the PC version at least

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Crappy Jack posted:

You can keep playing after the ending, but there's no mission replays.

At least for maybe a week or so until Idolninja mods it in to the PC version.

A week? What do you think I'm working on this very weekend to have ready to go on launch? ;)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

IdolNinja posted:

A week? What do you think I'm working on this very weekend to have ready to go on launch? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxVwD-HvNU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

They've discussed this some.

Unlocking districts removes a bunch of that harsh red and replaces it with lighter blues and such. After you beat the game, you apparently unlock about a dozen different themes to play in, including Classic Steelport, or adding a black and white Noir theme.

So, long story short, no.

That's a relief. I disliked it so much it might've detracted me from wanting to play the game entirely due to it.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Are there going to be other filters besides Red, Blue, and Noir? Is there anything approaching "normal, sun shiny day with minimal color correction?" Because if there's one thing Deus Ex:HR and Fallout 3 taught me, it's that filters over long periods of time are harsh on the eyes.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

IdolNinja posted:

Crappy Jack nailed it, but my God that is amazing news.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Are there going to be other filters besides Red, Blue, and Noir? Is there anything approaching "normal, sun shiny day with minimal color correction?" Because if there's one thing Deus Ex:HR and Fallout 3 taught me, it's that filters over long periods of time are harsh on the eyes.

It was said just a post above yours that there's about a dozen different lighting/color palettes you can pick from after completing the story.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Yes, I even mentioned that Classic Steelport is in there. I've seen footage, the game looks exactly like daytime in SR3, except you're running around with superpowers. They also showed the fully upgraded ground pound ability, and it is AMAZING.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Sorry, my bad. I just saw Red, Blue, and Noir and thought that was it.

v:v:v

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yes, I even mentioned that Classic Steelport is in there. I've seen footage, the game looks exactly like daytime in SR3, except you're running around with superpowers. They also showed the fully upgraded ground pound ability, and it is AMAZING.

It's honestly kind of lame. You can only use it from super high up and while it's fun once or twice it actually gets annoying if you want to use the ground pound to get to the ground quickly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

GreatGreen posted:

You can see the list of fliters toward the end of the Giant Bomb QL.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of Volition in general, does Red Faction Guerrilla (that's the best one, right?) have 360 controller support on the PC? Steam doesn't report that it does, but sometimes it is wrong.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of Volition in general, does Red Faction Guerrilla (that's the best one, right?) have 360 controller support on the PC? Steam doesn't report that it does, but sometimes it is wrong.

Unless my computer is possessed by voodoo and I'm actually controlling it with my mind, it does indeed have 360 controller support. Blast away. :)

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Come on, GreenManGaming, I wanna preload this game already!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crappy Jack posted:

Unless my computer is possessed by voodoo and I'm actually controlling it with my mind, it does indeed have 360 controller support. Blast away. :)
Sold!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Samurai Sanders posted:

It specifically has a 360 controller setting, so you're good to go.

[E F;B]

To add content: $4 for RF:Guerilla is a no brainer, if you haven't played it. It can be balls hard, but it is so satisfying, when you blow something to kingdom come. Besides, who doesn't want to be an insurgent?

[Edit: The Second] Obligatory: Space rear end in a top hat

Clitch fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 18, 2013

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
A minor question for anyone who's already played the game: Does the game switch your character to the clothes you made them with after the faux-50s themed mission ends? Or do I have to go to Image As Designed and download them all over again to automatically get the outfit back?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Clitch posted:

[E F;B]

To add content: $4 for RF:Guerilla is a no brainer, if you haven't played it. It can be balls hard, but it is so satisfying, when you blow something to kingdom come. Besides, who doesn't want to be an insurgent?

Nope, haven't played it yet. It's time to be a space rear end in a top hat, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Clitch posted:

[E F;B]

It's also worth looking up some mods - there's not a lot, but one good one allows you to tweak the destruction physics to make them more or less sensitive.

• Locked thread