Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Just some fun doodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'd play that game.

Also note that during this entire two strip conversation that Johnny and his pals have been having this very animated discussion about Max and Issac's mutant superpowers in front of an entire class full of other people.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Shindragon posted:

Just some fun doodle.

I'm getting some old school Phantasy Star vibes coming from that image. I assume that was your inspiration, right? Either way it owns.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

wow double post thanks internet

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thwack! posted:

I'm getting some old school Phantasy Star vibes coming from that image. I assume that was your inspiration, right? Either way it owns.

Yeah, I was thinking Phantasy Star II right away, too.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Opposing Farce posted:

Do we know of any other gingers with hair Stephen might be thinking of? I'm not sure if Jeff qualifies as "ginger" but looking over the cast page he's the only one who might fit and I feel the vagueness of Johnny's description is setting up some kind of wacky misunderstanding.

And sure enough....

http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-31/

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Poor, poor Jeff.

Scarface kid has good faces.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

I want a shirt that says "Big Boy".

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
See Johnny you have to be more descriptive about the ginger kid. You have to say AND HE dem spiky hair and look so ANIME. :v:

I had a strong feeling Jeff was going to be one asked.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

My friends and I don't like things we don't understand!
They scare us!
So we lash out at them violently!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please note Dmitri smirkin' away in panel 6, after the lightning claims.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Clearly crazy artist goon will forget what type of red hair and beat up that needy nerd.

Just wanted to say, Called It.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Man, these bullies are pretty enlightened about their social shortcomings.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

Please note Dmitri smirkin' away in panel 6, after the lightning claims.

He was in Panel 3 looking like he was about to jump in and intercede. He walks away smirking in Panel 6 after seeing that Cody is taking care of it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dude in panel 6 reeeally loves his guitar.

B...b...but I wanted a ghost Train :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brannock posted:

He was in Panel 3 looking like he was about to jump in and intercede. He walks away smirking in Panel 6 after seeing that Cody is taking care of it.

Nah that's a different guy. Different pants.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He showed way too much emotion to be Dmitri. Also hey Max is in the background in the last panel.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

He otherwise looks exactly the same. Clearly he rolled his pants down when he realized he wouldn't get to join in a fight. Because rolled up pants are... tactically superior.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If we're going to do wacky theorycrafting, my money's on the guy with the guitar.

What's REALLY in that case?! :tinfoil:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Fecha posted:

Man, these bullies are pretty enlightened about their social shortcomings.

Well you know, good access to school counselors who are highly trained and experienced in a school setting is one of Mayview's greatest prides.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's an art error.

Comments posted:

Nefres

Okay, I love Dimitri here. In panel 3 he looks about ready to step in and stop Stephen. In panel 6, he sees it’s all handled and goes along with a ‘cool as a cucumber’ smile on his face. Aw yeah Dimitri, there’s no need for Danger today.

SupSatire

Take a look at the pants. One of those isn’t Dimitri.

cleverdan

I’m looking at it pretty closely, it’s very strange. I think it is supposed to be Dimitri. He’s got the book, the shirt, and the wristband. I’m assuming the pant leg thing was a mistake, or he’s only got one rolled up.

Zack

Whoops, was gonna fix that but forgot. Hm.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well shucks howdy

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

kidcoelacanth posted:

We are seeing different legs though, so maybe he's trying this new hip style where you roll up one leg but leave the other unrolled. Gotta stay up on fashion, ya know.

Prison Warden posted:

It's an art error.

Of course, it doesn't really matter since this, but oh well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Onean posted:

We are seeing different legs though, so maybe he's trying this new hip style where you roll up one leg but leave the other unrolled. Gotta stay up on fashion, ya know.
Maybe it's more practical than that! Maybe it's his kicking leg, and he doesn't want to get blood on it when he shunts ninjas' hearts out through the backs of their chests with it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

If we're going to do wacky theorycrafting, my money's on the guy with the guitar.

Bootleg Starchman Stars. He's the counterfeit kingpin of Mayview.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

SlothfulCobra posted:

You say that like a guitar couldn't be a dangerous object in this setting

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Suaimhneas posted:

You say that like a guitar couldn't be a dangerous object in this setting

A guitar would basically be the most awesome tool.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

pik_d posted:

A guitar plunger would basically be the most awesome tool.

FTFY

I'm glad we get to see Johnny and his avant-garde bully crew again. There's something amazing about the way they acknowledge their irrational fears and immediately follow with, "Oh, don't get us wrong. We're still going to bash your face for being different."

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Razorwired posted:

I'm glad we get to see Johnny and his avant-garde bully crew again. There's something amazing about the way they acknowledge their irrational fears and immediately follow with, "Oh, don't get us wrong. We're still going to bash your face for being different."

We are in the presence of masters of their craft. After all, what better way to enhance one's jerkspertise than acknowledging one's actions are jerk-like and irrational, and then persisting despite this self-awareness?

I do think we were robbed with this scene transition. I dearly wish to see what they do to artists in Sheriff Starchman's town. I like to think it involves BYAAWWW

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Tupperwarez posted:

I do think we were robbed with this scene transition. I dearly wish to see what they do to artists in Sheriff Starchman's town. I like to think it involves BYAAWWW

Some horrors are too great to show in a family friendly comic. Some things are best left unseen.

But honestly I think it's best left to the imagination. I think Zach played this right.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Paramemetic posted:

Some horrors are too great to show in a family friendly comic. Some things are best left unseen.

But honestly I think it's best left to the imagination. I think Zach played this right.

Think Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie, or perhaps the noodle incident.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Trebuchet King posted:

Think Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie, or perhaps the noodle incident.
Or the haunted teapot.

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

Looks like we've seen him before.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
http://paranatural.net/chapter-4-page-32/

Zach posted:

They are the tentacles of a spirit from the floor above.

yooooo what

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Man. Max must look reeeeeeeeeeeeally stupid to normal students right now.

Also, Hissing Pete's bro hiding in there?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fecha posted:

I was just thinking that. He must look high as hell.

That said, is this the first time we've seen him look actually happy, in a non-smug-sarcastic way?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
No, I think that's the first time yeah.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
The tentacles secrete a hallucinogenic venom that also provides a sense of euphoria. Max didn't notice the hallucinogenic properties because, well, have you seen the town he lives in? Kid is tripping balls and doesn't even know it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Max being happy? What is this?

Though it's nice to see him not freak out for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Fecha posted:

Also, Hissing Pete's bro hiding in there?

I dunno, considering the kinds of students and teachers they have here, some kid waving his arms through the air like that probably isn't too out of the ordinary.